Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/1471969654788825093

lmaooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Aaaannnnndddd the new adjustments won't even apply to everyone

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1471689018182365191

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Dec 17, 2021

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Also don't read any of these tweets comments, jfc

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Lockback posted:

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1471689018182365191

NBA:

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

the nets believed the 'kd and harden are enough' tweets

now kd is exhausted with mvp++ production and harden is just good rather than mvp so they run up the flag

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Only LA players and L.A. native sons have clawed their way off the protocols. Pacific Ocean just makes us tougher.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Lol nets. What a bad look.

Also bringing in an unvaccinated player because too many players are testing positive is probably not a good idea but what do I know.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Lmao nets

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
It's like a 100% chance Kyrie tests positive for COVID at least once this season, and most likely multiple times with omicron running wild. Not sure bringing him back even means he'll be available.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

assuming he's available for the next away game @Portland, there are 24 games between now and the end of the season that he'll be able to play in, but of the final 8 games on the schedule he'll only be on the court for one (in Atlanta), and this means that he's only around for away games in the playoffs too

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Away all Goats posted:

Also bringing in an unvaccinated player because too many players are testing positive is probably not a good idea but what do I know.

Have you considered the team is trying to murder him to get him off their salary cap?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Kyrie is going to make the nets insanely good

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Nuggets’ Howard Out At Least Six Weeks Due To Knee Injury
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/12/nuggets-howard-out-at-least-six-weeks-due-to-knee-injury.html

Judakel posted:

Sports media is among the worst "specialized" media in the world. Given our current predicament, their interests directly align with ownership and it is insanely disrespectful and reckless to send a covid suicide bomber into the game for everyone to get sick. I hope the players have some sense and object to this.

Make all NBA owners sit next to the unvaccinated NBA players on the bench forthwith. The league will be shut down in a day again.

WhyteRyce posted:

Remember when Shams broke Trump having covid

Yes, I also remember when Trump said the pandemic should be over by April 2020. He got up on a pulpit and lied to 8+ billion people.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
It would be funny if kyrie was the only one to never test positive the rest of the season

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/NekiasNBA/status/1471945719242280961?t=yc1BovtQKXyncDK4l8kDug&s=19

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

NBA's biggest surprise for bettors, by far, has been the red-hot Cleveland Cavaliers
https://sports.yahoo.com/nb-as-biggest-surprise-for-bettors-by-far-has-been-the-red-hot-cleveland-cavaliers-221625749.html

Jerami Grant Undergoes Thumb Surgery
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/12/jerami-grant-undergoes-thumb-surgery.html

Lockback posted:

At the current trajectory:

January 2022 - All 29 NBA locations to reintroduce kiss cam at games. NBA encourages fans to kiss random strangers.

Adam Silver: Fear is the mind-killer... Or something like that.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

worker power wins again!!! kyrie is a hero of the common man!!! never give in when someone wants you to take lifesaving medicine!!!

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Dejan Bimble posted:

Nets are back in top villain form. Their inevitable defeat by Phoenix/SF/Milwaukee will be all the sweeter. If Kyrie still isn't vaccinated by the playoffs and the Nets lose any home games, it will be amazing.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Lockback posted:

Trying to use lineup on/off like that across the entire season is not a great stat. Patrick Beverly is +5.7 in that metric, which is like a 55 win season. Every team has players and lineups that would be "the best in the NBA". Jokic is having a MVP-type season again for sure but there's way better ways of showing it.

I checked the numbers and they seem okay. The same methodology would predict the Cavaliers would win ~20 games per year if LBJ left the team in 2011. And that's what happened.

kingcobweb posted:

MTG and D&D aren’t board games!!!!!!

I should've called it table top games. Although a table is a board and a board can be a table. Etymologically :iiam:.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Kyrie Irving is set to return to the N- *touches earpiece* Kyrie Irving has entered health and safety protocols

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

shut down the league

sixers aren't winning poo poo and making ben virtually untradeable for the next few months is peak humor

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I didn’t respond to zogopoll, but I’d like to submit the hot take that Kyrie is going to retire after this season.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Dejan Bimble posted:

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Remember. For what it's worth Kyrie will not play any games in TO

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

#1 seed Nets vs #8 seed Toronto can we will this into existence

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

WhyteRyce posted:

#1 seed Nets vs #8 seed Toronto can we will this into existence

Your lips to God's ears

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

kingcobweb posted:

worker power wins again!!! kyrie is a hero of the common man!!! never give in when someone wants you to take lifesaving medicine!!!

(Extremely ambiguous amount of ironic detachment) This

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/ClassicsCBB/status/1472014623876419586?s=20

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

triple sulk posted:

shut down the league

sixers aren't winning poo poo and making ben virtually untradeable for the next few months is peak humor
Lol.
I'm going stream everything from now on and never give these loving sociopathic fucks another cent.
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1472019592411238405?t=R1iSxGnOVo9me3wf4xOUyA&s=19

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Sign more players so more players can get COVID. Smart!

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Sure bring in a bunch of new guys who have probably been playing under less strict protocols lol. Then send them back to the G league! Can’t see much wrong with that plan.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

OzFactor posted:

Kyrie Irving is set to return to the N- *touches earpiece* Kyrie Irving has entered health and safety protocols

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Why is the Timberwolves HOME game which is played in Central Standard Time playing at 9pm tonight? Is this just so the Lakers fans can enjoy it at 7pm on the west coast? I'm confused. Was this a flex to national tv or something?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

soggybagel posted:

Why is the Timberwolves HOME game which is played in Central Standard Time playing at 9pm tonight? Is this just so the Lakers fans can enjoy it at 7pm on the west coast? I'm confused. Was this a flex to national tv or something?

yes, it's an espn game

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Grizzlies may be dead everyone
https://twitter.com/kayte_c/status/1472017325951840256

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Booyah- posted:

is this some kind of saltbae taco situation?
The famous Wisconsin chef known as Cheesebae

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Crazy Ted posted:

The famous Wisconsin chef known as Cheesebae

:golfclap:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

This is like Murphy’s earliest scenes in Robocop

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

This is like Murphy’s earliest scenes in Robocop

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yo gently caress Kyrie and double gently caress the Nets for letting him play as a part timer.

That's loving irresponsible bullshit.