Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
What are people's fantasy basketball leagues doing with IR spots currently? I feel like adding some is probably going to be necessary;

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Spacebump posted:

What are people's fantasy basketball leagues doing with IR spots currently? I feel like adding some is probably going to be necessary;

We’ve had an excess since last year, we started this season with 3 IR spots and an IR+ spot and that’s been enough to keep us streaming guys without having to abandon IR picks, like if someone were to pick Zion and Ben Simmons like a big stupid dummy its me I’m the dummy

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Spacebump posted:

In Lothlorien we went to 10 IR spots but it was already a pretty streamy league so it doesn't feel like it's changed that much. In Adult Fancy Basketball we have stayed with one and it's funny but because of the character of that league it's probably also been roughly the same.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Spacebump posted:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Oh you wanna compare benches? I had James Wiseman sitting on there for a while too but he’s not good enough to keep a spot from being streamed

edit: I bet you can guess what stat I’m punting from just this picture

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Can someone post Westbrook’s W-L record when he rocks the baby

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Sinteres posted:

It's an endemic disease, so we're going to have to. Ideally both future developments in vaccines and in treatments like the Pfizer pill will come online to mitigate the most harmful outcomes, but the reality is that this isn't a two or three or five year pandemic, but pretty much a new disease like the flu that seems likely to be around and mutating so herd immunity might not ever be a thing that happens with as many vaccine resistant people as there are. And it's not entirely clear that our vaccines can keep up well enough for full herd immunity (as opposed to mitigation) anyway, at least not with the current approvals process and limitations on global production and distribution. That doesn't mean the NBA is doing everything it can be doing this second to be responsible while it's still a relatively new disease a lot of people have minimal exposure to, but with the player's association not particularly interested in more restrictive measures, the owners and league definitely have a partner in their irresponsibility.

We're still very much in the pandemic, and endemicity will only come about if we can control the disease so that it does not overwhelm our communities. I am not sure that is possible with covid. There may not be a "living with it" stage to this. I don't think it is even ethical to try and do so. That implies a lot of unnecessary deaths/handicaps.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Dave Dufour made a joke that enes kanter used to be Cant Play Kanter, But with all these mandated absences, he’s become Enes freedom, who are you are forced to play

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Judakel posted:

We're still very much in the pandemic, and endemicity will only come about if we can control the disease so that it does not overwhelm our communities. I am not sure that is possible with covid. There may not be a "living with it" stage to this. I don't think it is even ethical to try and do so. That implies a lot of unnecessary deaths/handicaps.

Especially since as fun as it is to give out Herman Caine Awards to dumbasses, the fact is that the brunt of the dying and maiming that COVID does is borne by the marginalized.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Dejan Bimble posted:

Dave Dufour made a joke that enes kanter used to be Cant Play Kanter, But with all these mandated absences, he’s become Enes freedom, who are you are forced to play

Freedom's just another word for no one else to use

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Ooh, this one's good.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
i missed this last week but i am still extremely mad at the cryptoGM for drafting Jaden Springer (a poor man's evan turner) over this dude.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sEIikiD9Tg
he has covid now, apparently

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Probably going to be a bunch of games postponed today. Would be ridiculous not to postpone the Raptors game where they're basically running with 5 actual roster members and 5 hardship signings.

On the other hand the moneyline on Chicago tonight is basically free money.
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1473667786484465668?s=20

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Dec 22, 2021

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Assuming they don't already have one, G leaguers should get their own bargaining unit inside the players union and demand better. NBA needs them more than ever.

havelock
Jan 20, 2004

IGNORE ME
Soiled Meat
Mavs replacement players looked good, though for Chriss to look better than Dwight Powell he didn't have to do much.

This whole thing is madness, though. I stopped watching the NFL years ago because it wasn't fun seeing people get permanently injured. This is starting to feel the same.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1473676762466893830

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

BWV posted:

Assuming they don't already have one, G leaguers should get their own bargaining unit inside the players union and demand better. NBA needs them more than ever.

They have their own union.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
how long until we see Quavo or 3 (4?) time celebrity game mvp Kevin Hart get the call up?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/cclark_13/status/1473678125737381895?s=20

quote:

Hart is right-handed. At the rim, most righties leap off their left leg. Over the years, Hart has become comfortable jumping off his right leg and finishing with his right hand, what’s known as a wrong-footed layup. It’s a subtle but effective trick that disrupts a shot blocker’s timing. Hart scored three times this way in Tuesday’s game.

“I think that’s a lot of my unathleticism going against bigger guys,” Hart said. “Everyone shoots layups the same for the most part. Been doing it since they were kids. As a shot blocker, you’ve been doing that as a kid. Your timing is kind of set. When you have guys going off the wrong foot, it kind of screws up that shot-blocking timing."

[...]

“You see all those guys who are the freak athletes,” Hart said. “I don’t have that freak athleticism where I’m going to finish over the top. And how I play, I don’t care to do it. That’s too much exertion. I’m already battling guys who are 20, 30 pounds bigger than me in the post. So I’m like, 'Man, I like to conserve my energy a little bit on the offensive end.’ That’s a way to get that done and not exert too much.”

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

kingcobweb posted:

They have their own union.

Nice. I wasn't sure how connected it was to regular nbapa. But that should further embolden them to make some big demands. Their labour is probably more valuable than its ever been.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Good enough for me and my JaVale McGee

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Pandemic worth it

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1473685591208439817?s=21

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

kingcobweb posted:

Good enough for me and my JaVale McGee

Yess... keep the Janis Joplin lyrics coming!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

gently caress YESSSSSSS

ISO JOE BYKE

https://twitter.com/CodyWesterlund/status/1473687443924787215

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
https://twitter.com/MikeVorkunov/status/1473686325580734484

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Kibner posted:

Yess... keep the Janis Joplin lyrics coming!

Kris Kristofferson. Reported.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

kingcobweb posted:

Kris Kristofferson. Reported.

noooo 😭😭😭

I just really like her music. One of the few artists that is a fave of both me and my mom.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/1473690971334447113

lmao please (don't actually) play this game.

My Bulls could use a free W to make up for those Cavs/Heat games not getting postponed.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1473691614296035336

boooooo(thank god)

Dexo fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Dec 22, 2021

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
This might have been the straw that broke the camels back for that postponement. Also since they were forced to fly to Chicago yesterday because the game wasn't postponed I think that means OG needs to isolate in Chicago now instead of at home. https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/1473694393940992000?s=20

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Dec 22, 2021

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Rick posted:

Especially since as fun as it is to give out Herman Caine Awards to dumbasses, the fact is that the brunt of the dying and maiming that COVID does is borne by the marginalized.

That's part of the reason people are comfortable "living with it". Even if it were mostly middle class people, it would still be destabilizing on a societal level, though.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Fellas I'm thinking we move up okc new Orleans to xmas who is with me

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Are they just hoping it’s going to magically get better over the next week?

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

slave to my cravings posted:

They don't care.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

slave to my cravings posted:

this is more or less all of America's approach

Yuzenn posted:

They don't care.

also this

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1473459671130263555?t=KCspuLS5kIBH479Qgvx8ig&s=19

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

It's not gonna get better, it's never going to get better, The Virus is going to keep mutating and we are going to be getting booster shots every year, maybe every 6 months.

There was maybe a 7-12 month window we could have gotten this poo poo under control. But that poo poo is long past now.

It loving sucks, but the "State" has no desire to enforce poo poo. And lmao at expecting private business to do poo poo that the governmental apparatus doesn't make them do.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
i guess the NBA only has about a decade or so left, might as well play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Metapod posted:

Fellas I'm thinking we move up okc new Orleans to xmas who is with me

No infections, so I'm cool with it. Ironically, all the Texas teams are pretty clean, too. Lol