Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

King of Solomon posted:

I really do think it's gonna be "All SRs and URs are banned."

I can still Parlor into Tinkhec and buff with Welcome. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zodack posted:

As someone who hasn't played Yugioh since basically Stardust Dragon is there some archive or cool rule of thumb for fun decks to play? I built an Infinitrack Trains deck (hell yeah brother) and it rules, then build a Shaddoll Invoked Dogmatika deck to ladder with because I got some Dogmatika stuff while pulling. Currently eyeing Mekk-Knights as their Link gimmick seems fun and I've got I:P and Crusadia Avramaxx but there seems to be SO many fun and interesting archetypes with little to no indicator to how viable they are.

Someone linked a video earlier in the thread about Super Quantums or whichever archetype that led me to that excellent Youtube channel but it seems to be more historical than meta.

If youre looking for meta content, i can only stand the more chill streamers like duel logs and hardleg joe. Tho hardlegs more a gimmick deck then actual meta

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Definitely in gimmick territory, Shaddoll is meta enough for me. Thanks for the suggestions. I also tried to get into some streamers and it's a lot of yelling and calling people out constantly

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Zodack posted:

As someone who hasn't played Yugioh since basically Stardust Dragon is there some archive or cool rule of thumb for fun decks to play? I built an Infinitrack Trains deck (hell yeah brother) and it rules, then build a Shaddoll Invoked Dogmatika deck to ladder with because I got some Dogmatika stuff while pulling. Currently eyeing Mekk-Knights as their Link gimmick seems fun and I've got I:P and Crusadia Avramaxx but there seems to be SO many fun and interesting archetypes with little to no indicator to how viable they are.

Someone linked a video earlier in the thread about Super Quantums or whichever archetype that led me to that excellent Youtube channel but it seems to be more historical than meta.

Mekk-Knights are very fun. I think another deck that's very interesting is Code Talkers. Megaliths are a strong ritual deck with insane build variety. Kragen Control is a neat Water deck.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

King of Solomon posted:

Mekk-Knights are very fun. I think another deck that's very interesting is Code Talkers. Megaliths are a strong ritual deck with insane build variety. Kragen Control is a neat Water deck.

I just couldn't wrap my head around the Megalith gimmick, I still don't know how I beat the solo mode for them other than just bashing my head against it until the AI decks bricked. Use level 10 in hand to summon level 4, use level 4 to... gently caress they're in my graveyard.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Ardeem posted:

I just couldn't wrap my head around the Megalith gimmick, I still don't know how I beat the solo mode for them other than just bashing my head against it until the AI decks bricked. Use level 10 in hand to summon level 4, use level 4 to... gently caress they're in my graveyard.

Keep in mind that Ophiel and Hagith have non-once per turn searches. So you want to summon Ophiel, search Hagith, summon Hagith using Ophiel, search Unformed, use Unformed to summon Phul, use Phul effect to add from GY, etc., etc.

E: Basically, don't be afraid to cycle Ophiel and Hagith. That's how you build advantage.

King of Solomon fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Feb 22, 2022

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Crooked Cook is rude as gently caress.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Left Shark Crooked Cook isn't immune to being tributed, or piercing damage, and if you manage to summon something else to their side of the field you can punch it right the 700 defense nose.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Holy gently caress I forced the Crooked Cook player to surrender somehow.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Ardeem posted:

Left Shark Crooked Cook isn't immune to being tributed, or piercing damage, and if you manage to summon something else to their side of the field you can punch it right the 700 defense nose.

I was running Super Quants and I opt not to run the trap card that grants piercing damage because I don’t really find many good uses for it. Maybe I should add one so I can loving deal with the Crooked Cook!!!

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Yeah, that's the thing I both love and hate about the best of one format. No sidedeck means you have to run all sorts of things in every match in order to have outs for as many gimmicks as possible.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

An extra deck out like Vespanato or Assembled Nightingale is probably your best bet.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Survey for their future event ideas:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Nyaa posted:

Survey for their future event ideas:

The big issue with this is that the more restrictive they get with events the fewer people are going to participate. Like if they announced a Spellcaster only event I couldn't really cobble together a deck for it out of what I have and probably wouldn't bother participating based on how crap the loaner decks are and how bad they gut the rewards if you use them.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I think a loose type focus would be better than 'this type only'. Like for a spellcaster tournament Blue-Eyes stuff would be banned even if there are a couple spellcasters in there because it's mainly Dragon-centric, but Shaddoll would have its weirdo Psychics and the like permitted because it's all in service to a Spellcaster core.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i think limited element would probably work better anyway :v:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Kinda interested in seeing how a highlander format would work for YGO

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

blizzardvizard posted:

Kinda interested in seeing how a highlander format would work for YGO

Generally a goodstuffs.dek with cards that have synergies with each other, like synchro cards, archetypes, zombies, etc. And of course you can't forget Obital Hydralander

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

When it comes to events I want them to make some horrific limited format

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Irony Be My Shield posted:

When it comes to events I want them to make some horrific limited format

LOB cards only.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Do an event where you can pick one secret pack and the wins earn you packs with guaranteed URs every few ranks, so that way if there's an archetype you want cards from but haven't built you can earn towards it. You can also use any cards from that set even if you don't own them yet or something, I dunno.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

:psyduck:

well i guess i dont have to worry about not having a full playset of ash yet

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

triple sulk posted:

Do an event where you can pick one secret pack and the wins earn you packs with guaranteed URs every few ranks, so that way if there's an archetype you want cards from but haven't built you can earn towards it. You can also use any cards from that set even if you don't own them yet or something, I dunno.

Okay, but only if it's focused specifically on some of the weirdo archetype packs. This is the perfect format to get people to play stuff like Myutants, we can't sully that chance by giving people good archetypes.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Master Duel must also be doing really well because this thread has gotten a third of its posts in the month that the game's been out versus the couple years or so prior.

I just looked and apparently it's #2 on the iOS card game chart below Uno.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

The game also reached top 10 in terms of hours played on Steam within its first month or something, it's insane.

I really didn't expect it to be this popular either, but given that Yugioh is practically pop culture maybe it's not that surprising.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
It also helps that it's just a really well put together game, and considering Konami's track record with games lately that's a miracle.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Even the memes about how bullshit modern Yugioh is, tiresome as they are, still draw people in.

Edit: I’ve even found myself hoping they add cash shop cosmetics, so this game will stay profitable enough that Konami will keep it running and updated indefinitely.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Give me my Stratos pet Konami, I saw him in the trailer

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It is definitely weird how little the cosmetic shop has (so far) considering it's Konami.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Master Duel has been a huge shot in the arm for Yugioh and judging by how quick they've been to fix issues with the game, I'm pretty sure Konami realizes it. They're going to do whatever they can to not gently caress this up.

girl dick energy posted:

Even the memes about how bullshit modern Yugioh is, tiresome as they are, still draw people in.

Edit: I’ve even found myself hoping they add cash shop cosmetics, so this game will stay profitable enough that Konami will keep it running and updated indefinitely.

I am shocked there's not more cosmetic stuff in the shop. They could easily nickel-and-dime people with that and they're being oddly restrained about it.

How the hell is there not a Kuriboh mate?!

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Vandar posted:

Master Duel has been a huge shot in the arm for Yugioh and judging by how quick they've been to fix issues with the game, I'm pretty sure Konami realizes it. They're going to do whatever they can to not gently caress this up.

Hopefully that involves filling in the holes in the card pool (and getting it up to date) sooner rather than later.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

where's the hungry burger support, konambo

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

hungry burger deck that's just a thinly veiled athf knockoff

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

please, it's fighting foodans

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Zodack posted:

I've learned a lot from this channel. Mostly meta-relevant archetypes, and it helps that there's both the standard deck tech videos and replays where he talks through his thought process while playing the deck.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

please, it's fighting foodans

A pizza slice with a scythe is very YGO ngl.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/beanytuesday/status/1353767368854548480?s=21

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Evil Hot Dog should be a real card and it made me realize we STILL haven't gotten Hungry Burger support.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I doubt it'll ever happen. I don't think Hungry Burger is as much of a meme in Japan as it is here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Thrown together in like 15 minutes because I couldn't get the idea out of my head.

quote:

This card can be used to Ritual Summon any Level 6 or lower non-Effect Ritual Monster. Tribute non-Effect monsters from your hand, field, and/or Deck, then Ritual Summon 1 non-Effect Ritual Monster from your hand or GY whose Level exactly equals the total Levels of those monsters. If a non-Effect Ritual Monster leaves the field while this card is in your GY: You can shuffle this card into your deck, then draw 1 card. You can only activate each effect of "Underworld Recipe" once per turn.

Yes, I'm fully aware you could use this to dump six Light and/or Dark monsters into your GY for chaos shenanigans, but then you're running six Garnets, and who's the real winner? The real galaxy brain play is using it to dump the Exodia limbs.

Edit: My friend suggested that the best target for it would actually be Dokurorider, for the metric asston of native Zombie support, and I can't say that "Dokurorider engine" is something I'd be unhappy about creating.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Feb 22, 2022