Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
PUNK VS MAX 0 0%
LETHAL VS MOX 8 6.35%
GUNNS VS FTX 5 3.97%
BRYAN VS YUTA 92 73.02%
THE VS TONI 2 1.59%
DARBY VS EL IDOLO 19 15.08%
Total: 126 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

aew constantly delivers, to me, the fan that enjoys aew

seriously i watch almost everything thats put out and the enthusiasm that everyone has working there is infectious. its also like my favorite wrestlers of the last 15-20 years mixed in with some bright up and comers. i love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I think the easiest way to gauge if something is 'main event level' is how clearly the audience in general is excited to see the thing happen in front of them.

even if you don't like Adam Cole or his 'I have no chill' shtick he's clearly immensely over with the crowd. Yuta was jobbing forever but people have turned around on him to the point where he was getting strong dueling chants with Danielson. I still get a bit surprised at how over Lethal is.

obviously not every crowd is hot and not every crowd can stay intense for an entire show so it's not perfect, but you listen to the pop that Eddie Kingston gets and say he's not someone people would come to see main event, you know?

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

There are aspects of aew i don’t really enjoy but it’s more fun to talk about the stuff I liked and look optimistically at where things can go.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

only one more day til rampage :pray:

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

But first, number

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

tao of lmao posted:

There are aspects of aew i don’t really enjoy but it’s more fun to talk about the stuff I liked and look optimistically at where things can go.

This is the kind of thinking that leads to universal enlightenment and ascension

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Sammy guevara at 44 doing 630s every night

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Why was Yutas spit so chunky

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ARMBAR A COP posted:

oh mah gawddddd

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
if you look closely, you can see where he bladed open a little plastic baggy full of cottage cheese

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

xbilkis posted:

Took 19 hours to go from a very good episode to engaging with an essay-length “Here are all the ways AEW is failing to satisfy me personally” post, great stuff

i'll take that over a million identical "aew is good and dynamite is good and pro wrestling is good" posts that permeate these threads because then there's at least something to talk about and engage with

like yeah i love aew and this dynamite was one of the best ever and aew rekindled my love for pro wrestling but making GBS threads all over a post that's more than 10 words long because you don't agree is eye-rollingly painful to read

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Lid posted:

Only when you truly love something can you see how flawed it is and work to it to be better.

I am doing "boo", the audience reaction, at this

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

979k / 0.38

Number is ... stable

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i like to imagine they dangle an oreo behind the camera and thats why the bunny leans in and snaps her mouth at it

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm looking forward to but am trepedatious about Shafir/Cargill. I hope she doesn't just get trucked because I think Marina's got a lot of potential, and her getting jaded in 2 minutes would really hurt that. On Dark she's an intense MMA bruiser, so I hope she gets some of that in. But if they do go long, well neither her nor Jade are tremendously experienced, and Jade v. AQA had a wrestler get lost midmatch.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Joey McChrist posted:

its also like my favorite wrestlers of the last 15-20 years mixed in with some bright up and comers. i love it.

Seriously. All we need is Cesaro and I'll be in hog heaven. Literally all my favorites from when I still watched WWE are there.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jade Cargill

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Mr. Squishy posted:

I'm looking forward to but am trepedatious about Shafir/Cargill. I hope she doesn't just get trucked because I think Marina's got a lot of potential, and her getting jaded in 2 minutes would really hurt that. On Dark she's an intense MMA bruiser, so I hope she gets some of that in. But if they do go long, well neither her nor Jade are tremendously experienced, and Jade v. AQA had a wrestler get lost midmatch.

My attention usually gets lost midway through a Jade match too. Then she falls down by accident or gingerly climbs back down from the turnbuckle because she forgets how to do the move she was planning and she pulls me back in.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Dark mode users stay losing

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Those goddamn Wardlow posters, I briefly thought they were legit and wondered how bad they must have it in for an audience member (maybe the guy with the transphobic Nyla signs?), then realized they were only facing the hard cam and it was an angle, but was completely unable to concentrate on the opener trying to work out who was on the signs. For a moment, because I was still on the idea of "audience member", I thought they were about Kip. So glad when they finally called them on commentary.

Next week is gonna be great, Hardys vs. Butcher and Blade is exactly what I wanted out of this setup and it being a tables match is a bonus.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://twitter.com/CashWheelerFTR/status/1509569288461602817

this sequence loving kicked rear end

xbilkis posted:

Took 19 hours to go from a very good episode to engaging with an essay-length “Here are all the ways AEW is failing to satisfy me personally” post, great stuff

yeah lol

enigmahfc posted:

I'm not sure if it's a regional store or what, but there is a place around here called Menards, and their jiggle is "Save big money at Menards!", and now I can only hear it as "Daddy Magic Matt Menard!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sweH1131Vw0

ohh nooooo hahaha

just loving snarfed at work. thanks

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
There's deffo stuff to talk about beyond AEW being really drat good, but when Hangman gets a promo in which he solo beats up the entire faction he's feuding with, and as they scurry away in fear, the tag champs show up to shove them in the ring so the beatdown can continue, and all the champs stand tall after reclaiming their belts, and someone somehow translates that to a prose about Hangman looking weak like he'll lose the belt anytime, well, I just think about the state of this thread.

I hope Cargill wins her defense and cuts off Sterling. loving love Sterling, but Jade's ready to fly solo and her deciding that she wants more blood after a brutal match would be great. Remove the limiters and have her call out Athena.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

blunt posted:

979k / 0.38

Number is ... stable

the nba playoffs start in 2 weeks

that's a number warning

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Seams posted:

Dark mode users stay losing

That's Right

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Elephant Ambush posted:

i'll take that over a million identical "aew is good and dynamite is good and pro wrestling is good" posts that permeate these threads because then there's at least something to talk about and engage with

like yeah i love aew and this dynamite was one of the best ever and aew rekindled my love for pro wrestling but making GBS threads all over a post that's more than 10 words long because you don't agree is eye-rollingly painful to read

I am sorry you are only able to engage with negativity

seek peace, friend

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

That second one is pretty fuckin' graceful IMO. The old way he used to do it was definitely not sustainable and putting part of the onus on the person taking the move is smart at this point.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

ARMBAR A COP posted:

milk solids

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Elephant Ambush posted:

Def agree that dogpiling on people with differing opinions is what really shits this thread up from week to week. Now please someone quote this post and say "state of this place" thx

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
and it stunk

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
me, I come on the internet to clown, goof, and generally have a good time. i find it very engaging

much like AEW

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I, too, wondered about the chunky spit but decided to ignore it because it was too disgusting to think about.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It had bits of his teeth in it, that's why.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Elephant Ambush posted:

it explains a loving lot about this thread between dynamites if people like you intentionally want the thread to get negative

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

flatluigi posted:

it explains a loving lot about this thread between dynamites if people like you intentionally want the thread to get negative

Its what happens when your brain runs on Discourse

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston
AEW is loving cool.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I got a real big loving negative - there's no AEW wrestling on Thursdays :(

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I like Hangman.

I'm tired of Cole. Give him a new program already. Also he should just turn face.

Trim the Dark Order into a trios team and a women's tag. Give us more Trios teams. AFO, HoB, Dark Order, Wingmen. Who else we got?

The bloated roster is good, but I get lost in the weeds a lot.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Dark Order and Best Friends should get some loving wins on TV. They're basically jobbers right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Alan_Shore posted:

Dark Order and Best Friends should get some loving wins on TV. They're basically jobbers right now

well yeah