Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Psyched that today's Scott hasn't Seen is the obvious tie in of Top Gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

The World Inferno posted:

You get the feeling that because Scott Hasn't Seen is behind CCB World's paywall, they're a lot more blunt about the industry, and it's a good thing.

I like when he drops the act a little bit

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

gil ozeri rules lmao

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

R. Guyovich posted:

gil ozeri rules lmao

Hardest I've laughed at the show in a while. "Sparkleonious" alone.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
That avocado story made me laugh so hard I had to pause the show

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

first voice memo had me howling and it only got better from there

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
https://twitter.com/gilozeri/status/1531684625319198721

SPARKALONIUS YELLED FOR YOU

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Sparkleonious has been stuck in my head since I finished the episode.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

andy richter drops some nuggets of info on the leno/conan tonight show debacle early in this week's episode

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes
My brother is getting me tickets to the live show in Austin for my birthday, I'm very excited!

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I'm going to a MBMBAM live show in a month, I don't know if going to a CBB show would be too much of a podcast powerhouse whiplash for me.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

This week on Scott Hasn't Seen is infamous stinkfest The Garbage Pail Kids Movie. Oh man, wasn't it only 2 weeks ago that Scott pleaded to watch more actually good films he's missed? I get a kick out of bad films and I couldn't bear this thing for more than a few minutes.

(The only shame is it's fun to hear Scott talk about a movie for an hour and joke about it but make you think he had a genuinely good time watching, just for him to be like 'Nope!' at the end.)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Yeah so often I think "Scott enjoyed this one" only for him to make an abrupt heel turn in the last few minutes.

But hey next week they're doing Paris is Burning which is an objectively good movie

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I think his verdict on Rocky 4 might be the funniest so far.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

JethroMcB posted:

Yeah so often I think "Scott enjoyed this one" only for him to make an abrupt heel turn in the last few minutes.

Yeah I was soooo convinced he actually enjoyed Top Gun the other week, but nope! Swerve!

I've not seen Paris is Burning but heard good things, I'll try dip my toes in on that one before it comes out.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

JethroMcB posted:

It's gotta be one of my favorite Scott bits, my dear boy.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Having the ActionBoyz on as guests and then making GBS threads all over Rocky 4 and calling it boring to their faces was definitely a power move by Mr Podcast King.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

jeeves posted:

Having the ActionBoyz on as guests and then making GBS threads all over Rocky 4 and calling it boring to their faces was definitely a power move by Mr Podcast King.

then Rodgers whined about it on ABZ, which came out before Scott's show, so I went in expecting it to be a Pauli Shore on HH level disaster

nope, just the funny smart dork dunking on the funny smart jocks

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

What I've kind of realized from Scott Hasn't Seen is that he's probably just a bit less pretentious about movies then he was when he originally didn't see these movies.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
He also clearly has the "Been working in the industry for two-plus decades" thing where a good deal of his criticism inevitably pivots to "Fundamentally, we're dealing with a script problem..."

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

His feelings on Top Gun were hilarious. Couldn't get into it because he fundamentally doesn't like jocks. Honest reviews!

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
His theory that if Super Mario Bros was a foreign film it would be seen as a visually interesting oddity, rather than being maligned, is actually brilliant.

It’s actually become a podcast I like a lot. Something about the paywall makes Scott so frank and brutal, he hasn’t been like this since the early days of CBB.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I've been really pleasantly surprised with Scott Hasn't Seen. I'm generally not a huge fan of the "watch something then talk about it" format because it's so low effort. But hearing Scott's honest opinions and stories from making movies has been awesome. I was truly dumbfounded when he talked about writing a script for an animated movie.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Seaniqua posted:

I've been really pleasantly surprised with Scott Hasn't Seen. I'm generally not a huge fan of the "watch something then talk about it" format because it's so low effort. But hearing Scott's honest opinions and stories from making movies has been awesome. I was truly dumbfounded when he talked about writing a script for an animated movie.

yeah i knew he worked on shark tale but had no idea he was also involved in shark tale 2 and puss n boots

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

The premise of Scott Hasn't Seen didn't really grab me, but you're all selling me on it to the point where I think I"m gonna sub to CBB world just to listen to it. I enjoy blunt scott when he appears

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
It's the one Movie Discussion podcast where watching the movie or having seen it feels inessential.

And yeah, Scott's critiques are always interesting. The Emperor's New Groove episode is fantastic.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Ainsley McTree posted:

The premise of Scott Hasn't Seen didn't really grab me, but you're all selling me on it to the point where I think I"m gonna sub to CBB world just to listen to it. I enjoy blunt scott when he appears

Check out the CBB Presents feed while you're there. I love the Randy Snutz episodes in particular.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Breadallelogram posted:

Check out the CBB Presents feed while you're there. I love the Randy Snutz episodes in particular.

I just binged all of righteous gemstones and you don’t have to twist my arm to get me to hear more Tim baltz, that guy is great

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013
great synergy with the plugs song today

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Seaniqua posted:

Yeah, I thought last week's episode summed up what's great about the podcast. Taran Killam chose the Garbage Pail Kids movie because he misunderstood the premise of the podcast and thought it was about making fun of bad movies, but about halfway through he had a comment that was something along the lines of, "I really appreciate how you're actually making the effort to break down the plot and creative choices this movie made instead of just making easy jokes about how stupid it is."

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Lilly making puking noises when cumming talk happens was hilarious.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Jokymi posted:

Yeah, I thought last week's episode summed up what's great about the podcast. Taran Killam chose the Garbage Pail Kids movie because he misunderstood the premise of the podcast and thought it was about making fun of bad movies, but about halfway through he had a comment that was something along the lines of, "I really appreciate how you're actually making the effort to break down the plot and creative choices this movie made instead of just making easy jokes about how stupid it is."

They definitely went way deeper on Garbage Pail Kids than I expected, on every level.

Also, being unfamiliar with the movie, I didn't expect that the third act of the gross-out kid's movie based on trading cards would introduce the concept that people "too ugly" for society are ROUTINELY ROUNDED UP AND EXECUTED, and that they would casually toss out the reveal that the rest of the Garbage Pail Kids had been UNCEREMONIOUSLY MURDERED YEARS EARLIER.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Catching up on some recent CBBs and am so thrilled to be given the chance to hear the inner thoughts of Gabriel Sardinas. I really hope Dr. Sivio managed to take a look at that penis at some point.

Diggy Diggy Dumb Drop, ooooh!

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Analytic Engine posted:

then Rodgers whined about it on ABZ, which came out before Scott's show, so I went in expecting it to be a Pauli Shore on HH level disaster

nope, just the funny smart dork dunking on the funny smart jocks

Lol, I can't stop thinking about it, how Rodgers said he's not really friends with Sean and Scott, and how awkward it was....then hearing the actual show where Scott's just didn't love it.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm a big fan of Shimy showing up again. There have been some great characters this year, but I have a special place in my heart for Shimy.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I was in the perfect mood for Jack Quaid's half-assed Dr. John.

I laughed so hard at:

*after the plug bag theme*

"That was-"
"Me!"

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Would be happy as a peach if the ghost of Dr.John comes back for any of the holiday specials. That was great.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Six beignets!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Was kinda hoping for a another episode of the Entrepreneur Tour, but... Eat, Pray, Dunk with Bill Walton? Oh this sounds like it could be fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
It’s a labor as a listener to have lippert filling a whole lengthy podcast with the bill Walton energy but worth it.