Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
The officers I've known have been overwhelmingly liberal/left/whatever. The handful of chuds were all evangelical or adjacent, and mostly kept it to themselves because they knew they were outnumbered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Platystemon posted:

SCOTUS stripped you of your Miranda rights earlier this month.

:golfclap:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mustang posted:

Junior officers are mostly young and idealistic and are representative of the college/no college split you see in politics today. While junior officer chuds exist if they post about it on social media they will probably get dogpiled by their peers. On the officer side I heard plenty of jokes at Trump's expense, never anything positive about him.

I wasn't joking about the green and red boxes though, officers have a nearly irresistible urge to make everything on an excel spreadsheet turn green. An untapped and underutilized resource.

Huh, that’s actually oddly reassuring. I mean Miley, despite loving up in the park walk, probably helped protect American democracy in 2019-2020. It’s comforting to think that Junior and Non Junior Officers embody that, far more then the CHUD life, and actively mock it.

Thanks.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Platystemon posted:

SCOTUS stripped you of your Miranda rights earlier this month.

Well I guess it isn’t that bad then.

But seriously you know some celebs, who should know better, are getting ready to share their “political art” with us.

That’s not to dumb on all political related art, just that a lot of it sucks and makes you want to not care.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Marshal Prolapse posted:

I thought Officers are generally CHUD/Brainworms?

So based on peoples experience was the officer core more talented and decent people than shitheads or the reverse?

Oh tons, but it’s the only institution that is maybe mostly liberalish or centrist overall I can see that could possibly be wielded outside the control of the capital interests backing the two major parties.

Extremely unlikely, but like, I can see it actually being possible.

Balkanized USA would definitely but better for the world as a whole and especially Latin America but that’s the only mechanism I can see where you have a strong federal USA that isn’t just a tinpot fascist regime in thirty years from now.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

FrozenVent posted:

Could we please not advocate / plan a military coup ITT?

Thanks.

We're not in the military, QED its more like the Bonus Army, which has precident.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Marshal Prolapse posted:

I thought Officers are generally CHUD/Brainworms?

So based on peoples experience was the officer core more talented and decent people than shitheads or the reverse?

Hey, we’re just talking about Edward Luttwak!

Also I did that topic for a speech class once after reading his book in high school. I am totally shocked in retrospect nothing happened.

I saw results from a survey somewhere that mapped political leanings for service people broken down by service and officer/enlisted. IIRC the chudliest group were Marine enlisted, and the least were Navy officer. I can't find it now, so maybe I hallucinated it.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Tiny Timbs posted:

GET ME LIN MANUEL MIRANDA RIGHT NOW

Quick, let's have Mary J. Blige sing to Hillary instead of having her travel to states she just expected to win!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks! I seem to recall Marines also loved Ron Paul in certain polls I’ve seen. All of this providing excellent material to goof my dad. Granted I’d always think Air Force would out CHUD, but there seems to be an effort by leadership to clean up the Christ Force rep, and understanding that it’s not just cracker Jesus freaks in the AF.

Speaking of goofs

https://twitter.com/jack_clarke04/status/1540391116918427649?s=21&t=U6wL0Hs4Tb6oSv6HqHSzhg

Apathetic Medic
Apr 22, 2010

Fun Shoe

Godholio posted:

The officers I've known have been overwhelmingly liberal/left/whatever. The handful of chuds were all evangelical or adjacent, and mostly kept it to themselves because they knew they were outnumbered.

In my military experience this means that they have identified you as someone that they cannot share those opinions with, and this is another way you are absolutely ignoring the systemic issues in your service.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Madurai posted:

I saw results from a survey somewhere that mapped political leanings for service people broken down by service and officer/enlisted. IIRC the chudliest group were Marine enlisted, and the least were Navy officer. I can't find it now, so maybe I hallucinated it.

It was a military times poll from when Trump took office, a majority of officers across all branches have disapproved of him since day 1.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I gotta be done with this poo poo for the day. The libs "just vote harder" bullshit is finishing me off. If only the Democrats controlled the House, Senate, and Presidency then maybe something would happen!

Just absolutely loving worthless people.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

https://twitter.com/barackobama/status/1540340642848690176?s=21&t=IvMwgI-bu1ZwrziBabHYEQ

Oh wow if only there was a specific person who could have just codified it years ago oh well nevertheless

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

https://twitter.com/barackobama/status/1540340642848690176?s=21&t=IvMwgI-bu1ZwrziBabHYEQ

Oh wow if only there was a specific person who could have just codified it years ago oh well nevertheless

Oh look it’s the guy who let RBG boss him around.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Big lol that Dave Portnoy of all people is incensed by this

https://twitter.com/stoolpresidente/status/1540356814579146753

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I still remember how big of weenies the 2009 Senate Democratic Caucus was.

So dedicated to ~decorum~ and ~tradition~ of the filibuster that they built the ACA clusterfuck to try and save their seats. Then when the majority went to 59 from 60, more weeniedom. Naturally, the ACA was the big thing they did that stuck, and they completely blew opportunities to codify Roe, finally fix immigration, etc.

I don't think they had 60 pro-choice Democratic Senators at the time, but they probably had 50+ and decorumed the opportunity away.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

House Democrats vow that at the next lethal injection of a person who committed a crime as a child, they will all join together to sing "Hit Me with Your Best Shot"

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Godholio posted:

The "I don't like how he talks, buuuuuut" contingent among officers re: right-wing assholes is pretty drat strong. Regardless, it's not hardcore one way or ther other. More like a 50/50 split +/- 5 points depending on who you ask. The USMC is consistently more conservative than the other branches. And as you get older and more senior, you find a lot more generic republicans, but so go males in general, and the older you look in the armed forces, the more male it becomes compared to new recruits and young officers.

E: I have seen a lot of the generic republican mid-grade to senior Os be quick to jump down the throat of firebrand younger officers who seem eager to try to own the libs or something.

One example was a young captain going out of his way to talk about the 2A reference civilians on the battlefield and whether it could be expected in a wartime scenario in Generic Europe Scenario, and it was basically a 3-way stomping as even gun-owning conservative senior leaders were just like "why the gently caress would you bring that up thatt way or shoehorn in the Second Amendment and poo poo-talking Europeans right now?"

mlmp08 fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jun 24, 2022

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Handsome Ralph posted:

Big lol that Dave Portnoy of all people is incensed by this

https://twitter.com/stoolpresidente/status/1540356814579146753

Someone is definitely afraid of paying child support.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Minutes after the SCOTUS decision, Missouri banned all abortions. So glad to be in this shithole!

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
For sure, personally I'm skeptical of any field grade when I first meet them. It's no surprise that the most conservative are also the most likely to stay around and spend 20+ years in a conservative organization.

I sometimes go out for beers with my last boss and its always with other MAJs and LTCs. Whenever politics comes up at least half of them are conservatives, something I never ran into when politics comes up when going out with a bunch of lieutenants and captains.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GoGoGadget posted:

Minutes after the SCOTUS decision, Missouri banned all abortions. So glad to be in this shithole!

Remember Missouri was often the start of the Oregon Trail, so get a wagon and some oxen and poo poo and get the gently caress out…or a car instead of a wagon.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Just a guy living the American dream

https://twitter.com/yugopnik/status/1539978380702994434?s=21&t=KyxXOLiCzSIvu_nlD3nt8Q

It’s an old video but the vibe checks out

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Just a guy living the American dream

https://twitter.com/yugopnik/status/1539978380702994434?s=21&t=KyxXOLiCzSIvu_nlD3nt8Q

It’s an old video but the vibe checks out

Well more if you’re white; if not…eh you might be getting vibe checked by the cops.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
https://twitter.com/potus/status/1540402857790377984

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

I'm confused.

Is this a plan to fix things? A call to action? An obituary?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
A eulogy.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
It's Democrat thoughts and prayers.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

:rip:

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Comments really illustrate the difference between left and liberals, since the libs just cannot conceive of the concept of broad solidarity or working class emiseration without breaking their fundamental assumptions are bunch of them are talking about how owned this chud is because he’s too poor to register his car and how awesome the cops are even though there’s nothing about him to suggest he’s a chud other than he’s not visibly a minority.

Like poo poo how little money would it cost relatively for a public service that was like police but actually existed to help the community to just be like “well okay that cars hosed but we’ll get it to a mechanic for free and help you get it registered and stuff so you can work and live and be happy and productive.”

Instead we’ll be paying thousands a week to keep him miserable in a cage for being poor probably.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Well more if you’re white; if not…eh you might be getting vibe checked by the cops.

He got arrested and jailed later I believe.

Obviously this happens to black people more but the point is that this is the life of the underclass in general. For liberals, there HAS to be an explanation why some underclass as a whole deserves it and is not actually oppressed by the institutions they support since they can’t question the system itself. When they can’t fall back on just claiming it was specifically racist bad actors oppressing the poor they default to making poo poo up why this guy is actually secretly a Nazi bothering our hero cops.

Butter Activities fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jun 24, 2022

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Me: k my district is now safe blue and two incumbents are running in it, I should research who is best

One of the candidates:

https://twitter.com/RepAndyLevin/status/1540405965996138496?t=dWwT75_DcPvRbugPMAN7-g&s=19

k well that was easy, research done

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

He got arrested and jailed later I believe.

I wasn’t exactly referring to that type of vibe checking, but something more permanent.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Yeah it's great that the lib response to a lot of this poo poo is "well who did they vote for, I guess they wanted this :smug:" and I'll be loving amazed if that isn't the shift that occurs in coming weeks with respect to women unable to get reproductive health services in red states

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Marshal Prolapse posted:

I wasn’t exactly referring to that type of vibe checking, but something more permanent.

What’s your point here? Yes cops are racist and extra bad to black poor people and they also oppress poor people in general as well.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

facialimpediment posted:

Me: k my district is now safe blue and two incumbents are running in it, I should research who is best

One of the candidates:

https://twitter.com/RepAndyLevin/status/1540405965996138496?t=dWwT75_DcPvRbugPMAN7-g&s=19

I can't tell if his auto fellatio game is lame or 5-d chess galaxy brain pro level poo poo

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

facialimpediment posted:

One of the candidates:

What was it its already deleted

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Dude in a weird pose on a mat. It’s like a tripod with his legs spread and his forehead to the ground.

Someone else will have to explain the ritual significance of it.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

I’m assuming it was this:

https://twitter.com/ampol_moment/status/1540417366907142149?s=21&t=rnsJrLeXRAIxRX39hFn6pg

e: goes better with this reply attached

https://twitter.com/itsendlessmike/status/1540418947207647234?s=21&t=R6XKUPpdi76I5sYCrHvrYQ

MrMojok fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jun 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

It was a pic of, presumably themself, doing what I think is a yoga pose on a mat in their office. Straddle six inches off the ground with their torso leaning forward and their head on, I dunno, a brick?