Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Jessica Jones/Squirrel Girl box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I feel like Jessica/Hellcat is slightly more likely, but I'll take whatever gets me to Doreen, she's a personal favorite. All that's certain is that Jessica/Hellcat and Misty/Colleen will both be out before Richaaaaaaaaards.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
how about the Nasty Boys? my personal desire is to get Jamie Madrox in and it doubles in giving Sinister an alternate affiliation

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'd be willing to bet you won't see F4 until the 4th Anniversary of Crisis Protocol, which would be probably around Fall 2023.

I'm still surprised we didn't get the heavily-teased X-men drop of Jubilee/Shadowcat/Psylocke/Nightcrawler for summer but then again they probably need a break after the other 6ish X-Men we just got.

I'm still foolishly hoping for a Jason Macendale Hobgoblin that has a transforming Demogoblin mini.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
Worldbreaker Hulk
Mbatu
Emma Frost
Morbius
Electro

How many points?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

I'm building Shuri right now and they oughta lock up whoever thought the arm cannons needed dust mote size detached jaw parts.

Kaza42 posted:

Worldbreaker Hulk
Mbatu
Emma Frost
Morbius
Electro

How many points?

Armored Hulk 2 (I assume that's what that is)
M'Baku 1 (Wakanda desperately needs new blood and M'Baku/Nakia makes the most sense to me)
Emma Frost 1 (maybe 2, I can see a Banshee/Emma box existing)
Morbius 2 (they don't really have anyone good to pair him with anymore)
Electro 1 (in a box with Vulture for absolute sure)

That said this isn't my garage so other people can check my rulings.

theironjef fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jun 24, 2022

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Never saw her called by her first name but yeah we need Squirrel Girl.

Can release with Howard the Duck from when they had their crossover

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Obviously Squirrel Girl gets released in a rivals box with Dr. Doom.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
Nextwave.

Think about it. Everybody fits in with/fills gaps on various rosters:

Tabby/Boom-Boom is a founding member of X-Force, plus fits in the other X teams.

Monica Rambeau used to lead the Avengers. Plus, she’s been in A-Force.

Elisa Bloodstone fits into Midnight Sons.

Machine Man also fits into a bunch of stuff.

The Captain . . . well, yeah.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

i'd buy the gently caress out of some nextwave that is for sure

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Hedningen posted:

Nextwave.

Think about it. Everybody fits in with/fills gaps on various rosters:

Tabby/Boom-Boom is a founding member of X-Force, plus fits in the other X teams.

Monica Rambeau used to lead the Avengers. Plus, she’s been in A-Force.

Elisa Bloodstone fits into Midnight Sons.

Machine Man also fits into a bunch of stuff.

The Captain . . . well, yeah.

The neat thing here, Captain aside, it's that it's pretty easy to come up with boxes that aren't combos from this list, too. Like Elsa/Dracula, Boom-Boom/Cannonball, Machine Man/Sleepwalker, and Monica... uh I guess Monica/Captain.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Hear me out - a team composed entirely of Kieron Gillen's Mister Sinisters, and the gimmick is that the leadership skill can get passed around based on who's secretly in charge the whole time.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Hell if we're just wishlisting lemme get that early Exiles run of Blink, Mimic, Morph, Nocturne, and maybe Spider-Man 2099 since that last slot was otherwise occupied with a lot of future corpses.

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist
I have a rules question I googled a bit but couldn't quite find what I'm looking for. abilities that state effects "allied characters" do they also affect the model using the ability. The question came up in relation to Kravens buff. I said no because there are similar abilities that say "this character and allies". In this scenario we played it out that Kraven does not benefit from the buff only other allied characters. Would love a rules link or quote from the book for clarity.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Hoboskins posted:

I have a rules question I googled a bit but couldn't quite find what I'm looking for. abilities that state effects "allied characters" do they also affect the model using the ability. The question came up in relation to Kravens buff. I said no because there are similar abilities that say "this character and allies". In this scenario we played it out that Kraven does not benefit from the buff only other allied characters. Would love a rules link or quote from the book for clarity.

They do, yeah. If it doesn't it'll say "other allied characters."

I am curious where you saw "this character and allies"?

admanb fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jun 24, 2022

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist
I am actually drawing a mental blank on that right this second. I could just be misremembering but good to know it will specifically say other allied characters. It makes a good bit of difference to my friend who wants to use Kraven since he is both a spiderfoe and syndicate.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Just ordered a second hand box with the miniatures assembled at about 1/3 of retail so I'm excited to get started with MCP!

Any recommendations for youtube channels? Painting advice? (I don't have any paints so I'll need to buy some)

Here's 5 characters I'd like to see (Yes I do love the old Marvel Super Heroes fighting games games)

Apocalypse or Onslaught
Sentinel
Shuma Gorath
Psylocke
Hyperion or Sentry

Can someone rate the chance we see any of them?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Apocron posted:

Just ordered a second hand box with the miniatures assembled at about 1/3 of retail so I'm excited to get started with MCP!
Hopefully they did a good job. Were you able to see pics?

quote:

It's hard to say, we've gotten a lot of both obvious and obscure peeps, so anything's possible. Apocalypse and Psylocke seem inevitable though at least.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

It's a bit blurry and not the best angle but I figure they look solid?

They're also base coated in Citadel Colour Wraith Bone which I don't know if that's the best choice but I figure it's worth the saving because otherwise I'd probably not have bought them.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Apocron posted:

Any recommendations for youtube channels? Painting advice? (I don't have any paints so I'll need to buy some)
Rich_Mid Gaming has a great series called "Ultimate Guide to X" where they talk about a faction in detail, what they like to do, what cards and character splashes work best. Unfortunately it's done from a pretty "inside baseball" point of view so it may not be the most approachable as you're starting. He also has a bunch of "here's how cover works" type shorter videos that are super great for new players.

Battle Reports by WCG is really good for live-plays. They use a lot of factions, have pretty nice production values and (most importantly) they talk through their plays so you can see what they're thinking before they do it.

Von Darkmor does exclusively TTS; I can't really stand to watch TTS games but if it's your thing, here ya go

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Apocron posted:

Here's 5 characters I'd like to see (Yes I do love the old Marvel Super Heroes fighting games games)

Apocalypse or Onslaught
Sentinel
Shuma Gorath
Psylocke
Hyperion or Sentry

Apocalypse probably will show up at some point along with a Sentinel; ruined terrain with Sentinel parts have already been released so they know how to make them. Psylocke is 100% coming later and has been subtly teased.

Shuma Gorath IIRC is in some kind of weird licensing hell but I would not put it past AMG to put Sentry in this game alongside The Void; they love deep cuts from the comics.

As far as paints go---if budget isn't too big an issue I highly recommend Pro Acryl from Monument Hobbies. The most beautiful, smoothest paint I've ever used: https://monumenthobbies.com/collections/pro-acryl-paints

For painting channels I highly recommend Sorastro. His stuff is some hyper-expert level poo poo but it's still worth checking out for tips on how to approach many of the miniatures.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

As far as paints go---if budget isn't too big an issue I highly recommend Pro Acryl from Monument Hobbies. The most beautiful, smoothest paint I've ever used: https://monumenthobbies.com/collections/pro-acryl-paints
This stuff can be a pain to source. It's worth it.

Maneck fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jun 24, 2022

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

DLC Inc posted:

Shuma Gorath IIRC is in some kind of weird licensing hell but I would not put it past AMG to put Sentry in this game alongside The Void; they love deep cuts from the comics.

God, is Sentry that much of a deep cut? He was in Civil War as kind of a big deal.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

spectralent posted:

God, is Sentry that much of a deep cut? He was in Civil War as kind of a big deal.

He hasn't been a going concern in over a decade, outside of some minor appearances, but they just announced the Winter Guard so who knows

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

It would be kinda funny to get both Hyperion and Sentry, plus like Gladiator and Blue Marvel. Just a whole wave of Superman pastiches.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Maneck posted:

This stuff can be a pain to source. It's worth it.

I just watched a few videos on this paint brand and I'm sold.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
https://www.atomicmassgames.com/transmissions/challenger-events

well they did it; we now have split formats;
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5ce432b1f9d2be000134d8ae/t/62b5dcdd13003b6b8650ecc0/1656085725410/OP_CrisisProtocol_BNR_063022.pdf

I haven't really had the chance to process this all but thought you all would like to know

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The new banned/restricted list for Standard is crazy

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
on the flip side Herb is gone bby

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

on the flip side Herb is gone bby

I suppose that's the easiest way to solve turn 1 herb plays

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
if I'm getting this correctly, all the cards from the card pack and the 2 newer sets are legal. though it means some cards like All You've Got are in effect banned because they still have the Spider-Man symbol and did not get included in the reprint

I don't think anyone has compiled a master list of cards that didn't get reprinted but once that does it'll be easier to see the true banned list

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Love this kinda stuff

quote:

Perhaps only Web Warriors, Spider-Foes, and Criminal Syndicate characters along with their Team Tactic Cards. Perhaps the Guardians of the Galaxy and other cosmic threats are allowed! Just like the Marvel Multiverse, the possibilities are endless!

Yes, nothing like the endless possibilities that your roster might just be illegal.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The biggest cards that didn't get reprinted I can think of off the top of my head are Medpack and Field Dressing.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

theironjef posted:

Love this kinda stuff

Yes, nothing like the endless possibilities that your roster might just be illegal.

ideally the TO announces special formats like that before the event starts

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

The biggest cards that didn't get reprinted I can think of off the top of my head are Medpack and Field Dressing.

Bitter Rivals, Blind Obsession, and Climbing Gear as well. This is an unofficial list that I found.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I suppose that's the easiest way to solve turn 1 herb plays

Herbs is just generally a bad scenario because it's way too good for factions like BO that don't want anyone scoring points and it's sometimes just broken.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

theironjef posted:

Love this kinda stuff

Since AMG doesn't do organized play events, they are just laying the groundwork for people to be able to go "It's Spider-verse night, bring your favorite spider-verse rosters using X sets!" rather than being likely to define a whole new standard format just for a narrow event type

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
looks like mcpdb.com and cerebro.com have been updated already. should be much easier to visualize the changes now

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"

Apocron posted:

I like The Game's Guild for reviews, how to play and strategy. Despite the generic name they look to be exclusively a MCP channel.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.
A buddy of mine makes some very high quality bat reps along with some fun, shorter content here. Definitely worth a look

https://youtube.com/c/VincentCurkov

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Thanks for the recommendations!

They just arrived and while they seem reasonably well assembled (there were a few plastic bits in the box which could be missing parts but on cursory inspection all the characters looked complete) the base coat he sprayed on seems to unevenly coat the models. I’m wondering if I should just roll with it and try painting or buy a spray can and try and get it even myself? Seems like he used Citadel Colour Wraith Bone. I’ll repost the pic I shared before if anyone could give some advice.