Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Endorph posted:

david sirlin does know yomi is an actual word right

I have it on good authority he knows Yomi, the Japanese word for reading the mind of the opponent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/NihongoGamer/status/1602962365393166339?t=TLVs9UwrRhjz6fKYKvdCjg&s=19

The scrubbiest of quotes

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

his whole youtube video looks like boring clickbait except the puyo video

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Lol oh my God dude regularly struggles to break 10k, big fuckin' influencer reach there

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I will never stop being a good boy

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I like that he backpedals and tries to pitch it as some pro-hustle culture thing once he realizes he is going viral.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
I've only spent a combined total of about 3 hours on SF4 and 5 and I got in. Guess I was just the better boy.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

KVeezy3 posted:

Is there a decent up-to-date Tekken 7 repository, or is it all digging through random youtube videos & discords? (If it matters, I'm an edge-lord Jin main mostly looking for optimized combos with respect to starting moves)

Someone posted the good overview spreadsheet, I am guessing if you want more specific tech you can always go to the character-specific Discord: https://discord.gg/yMcYG4G

(I pulled that link but haven't seen the content on it since it needs to phone verify and I haven't done that lol, the Zafina and Lidia Sobieska servers don't need that)

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I get being frustrated. My buddy has a bajillion hours in SFV and didn't get an invite when I did despite having not really touched it in any serious capacity for a few years.

But lol at "nice guys finish last" tweets about it

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

his whole youtube video looks like boring clickbait except the puyo video

I subbed to him because he did a video that got into my recommendations when Bridget dropped about yo-to tricks they worked into her moveset that I liked, but I don't think I've watched a video of his since.

Skypie posted:

I get being frustrated. My buddy has a bajillion hours in SFV and didn't get an invite when I did despite having not really touched it in any serious capacity for a few years.

Yeah, I haven't tried getting into the SF6 beta because I don't have a PS5, but I have yet to get into a closed beta for any game I've applied for. It sucks, and it probably sucks double for a content creator that gets passed over, but sometimes you just gotta hold that L

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
they gave me of all ppl a sf6 key which is very funny

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

I got into the first beta and my partner got into this beta despite us just learning that fighting games exist this past year. Meanwhile our friend who has played since arcades still existed in the US and was one of the three guys with a ps5 hasn't gotten dick, lmao.

I just assume they know he's a former zangief main and are holding it against him.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Skypie posted:

yeah i didn't get in but don't particularly care (I'm excited to play release but don't care before then) but a friend of mine who went hard on SFV and is just a big SF fan in general hasn't gotten in and is super bummed.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Tweet Me Balls posted:

I got into the first beta and my partner got into this beta despite us just learning that fighting games exist this past year. Meanwhile our friend who has played since arcades still existed in the US and was one of the three guys with a ps5 hasn't gotten dick, lmao.

I just assume they know he's a former zangief main and are holding it against him.

Zangief players deserve it

Yes I played Mika at SFV launch and no I will not be taking questions, thanks for your time

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/1603208218813108225?s=20&t=5YMdfubIOQ4ksrd1fNPc3w

Maining JP, easiest decision of my life

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Good lord

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Does the sf6 beta have offline versus?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I hope one of these goddang SF non-Bison villains can stick around a while

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well, unlike FANG and Necali, JP is actually cool.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Eh, that's just Rugal with a cape and better pose.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Barudak posted:

I hope one of these goddang SF non-Bison villains can stick around a while

Hey, Seth showed up in SF5

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, unlike FANG and Necali, JP is actually cool.

FANG was good and I am excited for lady FANG in the dlc.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I'm liking Gandalf the Jacked.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

My man got on the wrong side of a taffy puller

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I still can't get over the SF6 box art. I really hope it's not a placeholder, lmao.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

teagone posted:

I still can't get over the SF6 box art. I really hope it's not a placeholder, lmao.

Probably not too late to switch it out like they did the logo

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

morestuff posted:

Probably not too late to switch it out like they did the logo

Please no. I legit laughed at the box reveal again after the JP combo showcase tweet lol.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Surprise, it's Bison as a time traveler

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Tweet Me Balls posted:

The redpilled fighting game player was correct though in that if he had bought a key for the first beta he would have access now

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Have we seen the cat yet (named Cybele)

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

My man got on the wrong side of a taffy puller

A solid design for a comedy assassin character.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

The crossplay update for GGS drops today! I haven't been playing it that long but I'm happy that there will be more people online available to kick my rear end. Looks like they nerfed Nago, although I'm still too bad at the game for it to affect me. Slower 2S will be noticeable I guess, but whatever.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Brought To You By posted:

I'm liking Gandalf the Jacked.

A wizard does not input too early, he inputs precisely when the frame needs to be linked

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
With flaming Canadians and such :(

Weird Pumpkin posted:

I-No still not really getting anything meaningful from a first read at least. I still can't believe they made stroke so bad when it was like.. her only really good special outside of oki situations or a combo

Though being honest I think I-no is mostly so weak because there's just so much stuff that beats hoverdash incidentally, and the game forces resets to neutral fairly regularly. I still think giving her vertical dash from Xrd would do a lot to alleviate her issues, since she'd be able to juke around stuff and vary her timing

https://clips.twitch.tv/PeppyInnocentKathyOSfrog-n1MKNvoPjIzrBPcN

They made both K and S versions of dive kick +1 on block and on hit in the corner you get a full combo. That’s a pretty big change.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

...Was this guy friendzoned by Street fighter 6?

Holy poo poo :lol:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Seems like Sirlin and the developer came to an agreement. The developer retweeted this https://twitter.com/sirlin/status/1603295451494555655?s=46&t=SWfR3qPjEK0KIcDAR6MdOA

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Personally think it's still very dumb to be able to trademark worlds like "scrolls" or "yomi" regardless of whether they came to an agreement.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tegoo2DSjtk

count of monte cristo's theme in melty is rad

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
The new boss rush also hints at the next DLC character

It's Len

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Draga posted:

The new boss rush also hints at the next DLC character

It's Len

https://twitter.com/Nitr0x285/status/1603296389433270272/photo/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
https://twitter.com/Sirlin/status/1603295451494555655?t=eASnYVohebyMQfUtbl-DFw&s=19

Seems like the trademark dispute was straightened out