Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Clawmydia posted:

Thank you for the probation. Chill Penguin.gif has shown me the error of my ways. I have destroyed my keyboard and am currently composing this post using a pair of DK bongos.

: Find all the Armor Upgrades
: Find all Sub Tanks and Heart Tanks
: Hadouken!

: Finish the game

Excellent game, and the only one of the X series I've played. Last year, I was planning to play them all after marathoning the original series, but I burnt out during Megaman 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Been meaning to replay X for awhile, so great pick. I also like the idea of a month long game just to give imps more chances to pick.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

The Kins posted:

i think this might be the first time i've 100%ed this. preeeeetty good game.

saw this weird message after leaving the game idling for like fifteen minutes after the credits rolled, though. not sure what this is about. bad rom dump? :shrug:

lol you killed the moist blob, not the idea

copy
Jul 26, 2007

got to work early and spent an hour there before i realized nobody was coming in because today is the observed new year day so now im gonna finish sigma's castle and hadouken robots to death loving poo poo yeah game club miracle

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Kins posted:

saw this weird message after leaving the game idling for like fifteen minutes after the credits rolled, though. not sure what this is about. bad rom dump? :shrug:

Lmao

copy
Jul 26, 2007

never actually beat this before - always got to sigma and got distracted into doing osmething else. great loving pick to start the new year with

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I'm a huge dumbass and had a lovely chat with dr light about a buster upgrade then quit out without actually getting in the capsule

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

started it up this morning and i like how the game just tosses you into a level without any build-up. soundtrack is kickin rear end already too. lfg

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Sudden Javelin posted:

I'm a huge dumbass and had a lovely chat with dr light about a buster upgrade then quit out without actually getting in the capsule

lol when you go back does he talk to you again or is the capsule just there for you to jump in?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

symbolic posted:

started it up this morning and i like how the game just tosses you into a level without any build-up. soundtrack is kickin rear end already too. lfg

The first level is probably the best first level in history.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
yeah he just repeats his spiel. should've just replaced with "..."

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Arrhythmia posted:

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Sudden Javelin posted:

lol all disappointed and poo poo

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Sudden Javelin posted:

Lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
HONEY START PACKING RIGHT NOW! I'VE MADE A TERRIBLE MISTAKE AND WE NEED TO MOVE!!!

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

The Kins posted:

i hope he will be merciful to those who tried to save him upon his return

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Sudden Javelin posted:

lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Sudden Javelin posted:

just hold down the start button, it'll zip through the dialogue

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

really is

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It would be better if you had the dash.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

About to grab the hadouken and go pwn sigma. Was planning to just do 2 or 3 robot masters this morning but then got sucked in...a drat fine game

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Spent last night/this morning refreshing my memory on X5-X8, and, dude. They are bad. I'm not going to waste any more time on them.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Flame Mammoth is the only stage I have left and then I’ll wrap up the last few tanks/hearts and get the hadouken before tackling sigma… I’ve never gotten the hadouken in this game before

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

bees x1000 posted:

Spent last night/this morning refreshing my memory on X5-X8, and, dude. They are bad. I'm not going to waste any more time on them.

i did mega man 1 through 10 and then x1 through x4 last year. i wanted to do x5-8 too but i got burnt out immediately on x5, like two stages in. and they just get worse from there.

i never played x8, i know they went back to side scrolling for that one but i was so soured on the series after x7 i never bothered with it. doubt I'm missing much.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

good poo poo. dunno why i never played it before now really, since i was into the classic series. too many games not enough time

died to launch octopus and so had no charge left in the weapon he's weak to, but managed to beat him with just the buster which was tense

most of my deaths were on the platforms in the first sigma stage

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

tmfc posted:

i did mega man 1 through 10 and then x1 through x4 last year. i wanted to do x5-8 too but i got burnt out immediately on x5, like two stages in. and they just get worse from there.

i never played x8, i know they went back to side scrolling for that one but i was so soured on the series after x7 i never bothered with it. doubt I'm missing much.

A huge chunk of X8 is gimmick stages. no 3d but not much typical mega man sidescrolling.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
oh yeah just a heads up, my '22 shiny card links to Vadun's '22 trophy page

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
When the X and Zero games decided to put a million words and story in them is when it all started to fall apart

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've never played zero games are they cool

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Sudden Javelin posted:

oh yeah just a heads up, my '22 shiny card links to Vadun's '22 trophy page

thanks, that should be fixed now

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

In Training posted:

They are better than what came after with the starforce games lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

knocked out half the bosses before work & some of the tanks, and while i was getting frustrated early on i think im settling into the groove. to be expected since this is my first Megaman game aside from playing like 15 minutes of MM1 at some point

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

Yeah they kick rear end

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I've got a basic design for adding long-term games to the site working, I'll probably want to make it a bit more elegant later on but it's functional enough, despite Impo's influence.

What do you think imps - should we wait until the 10th and start 2 new games fresh, or should we roll for a long-term pick today?

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sub-Actuality posted:

I've got a basic design for adding long-term games to the site working, I'll probably want to make it a bit more elegant later on but it's functional enough, despite Impo's influence.

What do you think imps - should we wait until the 10th and start 2 new games fresh, or should we roll for a long-term pick today?

The earlier the better I'd say, that way we can have the long term pick mostly aligned with the start of a month

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Pick it today. I can’t wait

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

do it today imo

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

herculon posted:

Pick it today. I can’t wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

sooner is better imo, so we can do it 'by the month'