Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I need more cochleas for my glands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
New update soon!

https://twitter.com/HoloCureGame/status/1623894825337778176

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Looks like Trombone Champ did some lasting damage to the Holocure developers.

If you left click, you can enable mouse aim in the new Holocure version. Makes it play like 20 Minutes till Dawn.

lagidnam fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Feb 10, 2023

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Does anyone know what the new engine is that they’re moving to on the PC version?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

lagidnam posted:

If you left click, you can enable mouse aim in the new Holocure version. Makes it play like 20 Minutes till Dawn.

Oh, nice. You've been able to do that with a controller for a while, so it'll be nice to have for kb/m players too.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1737340/Noobs_Want_to_Live/

Potent newcomer yet again(Cardboard, even) arriving in a few days, English capable upon release.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy
Been playing a lot of Boneraiser Minions lately, as my go-to steam deck game. I still like VS and plan to dip back in to check out the DLC content and stuff, but I've always wanted it to be a lot more active. Boneraiser hits the sweet spot for me, especially on the higher-difficulty maps where the dodge mechanic gets really critical to survival.

Also I'm really digging how, on the highest difficulty map, even with everything unlocked, it's still a struggle to beat one loop of the game with most of the classes. I'm not going to try to maintain a top leaderboard spot or anything, but I'm having a great time getting the top global score on that last map with one class, then moving on to the next class and trying again.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Brotato 0.8 on beta now. Four new characters, three new weapons, a ton of new items and Endless mode.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The Holocure update is great.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

neurotech posted:

Does anyone know what the new engine is that they’re moving to on the PC version?

Unity afaik

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Bat Country is a lot of fun for a Genesis Kid like me, though the low amount of chests annoyed my need to fully evolve all my items.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Bio Prototype is getting Horn-y. (PATCH NOTES FOR 0.3.11)

Also gently caress you thread you got Heart of the Wolf nerfed

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Gann Jerrod posted:

Bat Country is a lot of fun for a Genesis Kid like me, though the low amount of chests annoyed my need to fully evolve all my items.

The Sonic 1 blocks made me giddy with delight, they are very enjoyable to plink down and then there are prizes inside!

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Onean posted:

There's a Secrets menu that you can unlock (the item to do so is in The Bone Zone, where the question mark is if you've unlocked the Milky Way Map) that provides hints to the secrets. I'd say a decent chunk of them are fairly doable through those hints, but there could easily be some that are too obtuse and are worth just looking up in the wiki.
To elaborate on this theres one secret that the only hint provided is 'ask for help' that absolutely can only be solved by looking up the instructions online. Also if you're playing without a keyboard you're probably better off just entering the appropriate spell code for a couple of the secrets instead of doing it the legit way, you're just entering a code either way but the spells option has a nice interface that can be used with a controller. I did one legit with the virtual keyboard on my steam deck and it wasn't easy lol

But yeah most of the secrets can be stumbled upon by just playing. If you find a unique freeroaming boss you're probably going to unlock something for killing it. See something glowing walk into it.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Someone a few pages back recommended Tiny Rogues and I bought it was disappointed to find it is not a Vampire Survivors -like game. It's more like a Hades clone with a retro Zelda vibe. Unfortunately it did not click.

And add me to the players who absolutely love Bat Country and the new blocks. I really hope they keep going down this road and maybe give us a Breakthru -style experience.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

widespread posted:

lol 900% is still gonna make it good as hell
also nerves can trigger glands now

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

widespread posted:

No worry, the damage will still be silly if you start chaining from wolf

But, the real poo poo? The creme of the crop in those patch notes?

quote:

Adjusted the compatibility of Nerves. Now Nerves become able to activate Glands

Glands ie the things that make beams between things? What about that bone buzzsaw I showed before that can NOW attack the nearest thing 10 times per tenth of a second as long as you keep hitting a thing

Captain Foo posted:

also nerves can trigger glands now

:banjo: glad you saw it too!

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Feb 11, 2023

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

EVIL Gibson posted:

No worry, the damage will still be silly if you start chaining from wolf

But, the real poo poo? The creme of the crop in those patch notes?

Glands ie the things that make beams between things? What about that bone buzzsaw I showed before that can NOW attack the nearest thing 10 times per tenth of a second as long as you keep hitting a thing

:banjo: glad you saw it too!

uhhh what is this Last Wave Damage stat (seeing it on wyvern bags, mostly)

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Captain Foo posted:

uhhh what is this Last Wave Damage stat (seeing it on wyvern bags, mostly)

quote:

Added a damage counter. Now damage an organ dealt last wave could be checked in Organ description panel

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Finally obtained all the unlocks/secrets in Vampire Survivors but a new collectible appeared that I don't have and I have no clue what it could be.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Oh it’s a counter not a stat thanks

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
After all this time I was finally able to clear the office in Holocure and all it took was me somehow kitting out Haachama so that she was basically unkillable in Haato form. She would take damage then just get it back like it was nothing. She just doesn't put out much damage in that form. Also had luck with Mel, but she seems built for survival and not pure damage. Even with non stop bats she doesn't seem to kill fast.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I just used Mumei and spent 20 minutes being untouchable because everything died before it had a chance to do anything. Her weapon is insanely strong when maxed and her skills only make it even more busted.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
ps if you want to get gold in Holocure, the correct choice is IRyS

Just wait until you get a greed stamp, trust me

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

did bio prototype get harder in the patch or was i just off

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

How do I have less of an issue surviving past 10 minutes? D:

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Jianghu Survivor has been gaining updates since mid Jan, but somehow only the history page would indicate it instead of the Updates page proper despite these being far from just minor hotfixes and the like:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2196790?updates=true

Time Survivors has busted out their largest update yet, overhauling all weapons/new boss & enemies/4th slot unlock and a heap more QoL and beyond:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2211390/view/3635003893227494613

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

GreenBuckanneer posted:

How do I have less of an issue surviving past 10 minutes? D:

Earn gold -> Buy power ups. Unlock more things. Make better level up choices.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Time Survivors is in 5.1 audio for some reason :psyduck:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ok i think the real power move with horns is the unicorn horn to trigger raptor nerves, though i haven't put this into practice yet

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

Captain Foo posted:

ok i think the real power move with horns is the unicorn horn to trigger raptor nerves, though i haven't put this into practice yet

it's exactly this

Crit (the character) has become way less painful to play with the horns added

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

I do really like Nomad Survival for all the boxes you have to check but there are certain skills that are absolutely useless (Magic Missile, Spectral Sword, Curious Wisp, to name a few) and the last two games I died and I don't even know what happened.

I've 100% completed Vampire Survivors and I've never died and not known what happened. And it's not like I'm in the poo poo when it happens. Both of the last games I played there were no enemies near me at all. Like, not within half a screen, and I'm absolutely destroying everything, then I just immediately die (no loss of HP, just instantly dead) and some random tiny demon walks away as if he was born inside of me. An enemy that would do very little damage if it did in fact attack me.

I want to play, but that's over an hour of gameplay wasted and I don't even know why. So. gently caress that stupid game.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Overbite posted:

After all this time I was finally able to clear the office in Holocure and all it took was me somehow kitting out Haachama so that she was basically unkillable in Haato form. She would take damage then just get it back like it was nothing. She just doesn't put out much damage in that form. Also had luck with Mel, but she seems built for survival and not pure damage. Even with non stop bats she doesn't seem to kill fast.

Give Aki Rosenthal a try. She’s insanely busted.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

QuantaStarFire posted:

I just used Mumei and spent 20 minutes being untouchable because everything died before it had a chance to do anything. Her weapon is insanely strong when maxed and her skills only make it even more busted.

Boy you weren't kidding. Especially with explosion/solo/haste stickers.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Wow, I was not expecting a Sonic level and Mode 7 in VS.

Lmao, there's another thing hidden in this stage too. Amazing.

Monolith. fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Feb 12, 2023

5er
Jun 1, 2000

The VS update was satisfying but just over too fast. You can barrel-rear end through it if you've already got a ~70h save file that you were at 100% around hour 57 or so :v:

Return to Abyss question: is there some kind of hidden 'oxygen' mechanic with Asteroid Base? There's just a point after 7 to 10 minutes that my dude just spontaneously dies. It always happened to be "outdoors," so I'm assuming it's some kind of breathing thing.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

5er posted:

The VS update was satisfying but just over too fast. You can barrel-rear end through it if you've already got a ~70h save file that you were at 100% around hour 57 or so :v:

Return to Abyss question: is there some kind of hidden 'oxygen' mechanic with Asteroid Base? There's just a point after 7 to 10 minutes that my dude just spontaneously dies. It always happened to be "outdoors," so I'm assuming it's some kind of breathing thing.

I'm not sure hidden is the right word for it, but the blue bar towards the bottom of your screen is an oxygen meter. It goes down outside buildings, fill it by being in a building.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

LostRook posted:

I'm not sure hidden is the right word for it, but the blue bar towards the bottom of your screen is an oxygen meter. It goes down outside buildings, fill it by being in a building.

Ffs I never saw that blue bar :/

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Hey so what’s the deal with 1-stack debuffs and expirations in bio prototype? Does every time it get re-applies from a different source it expires the last one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Mattybee posted:

ps if you want to get gold in Holocure, the correct choice is IRyS

Just wait until you get a greed stamp, trust me

Yeah I've seen people get over 100k on IRyS with Greed + Halu + Piggy Bank. poo poo's insane.