Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I haven't played the beta so I'm not gonna speculate on who I'll main too much since it seems I rarely end up clicking with who I expect to once I actually get to play. Like I would have never guessed Leo would be my favorite Xrd character in a million years and yet here I am

Dee Jay, Honda, and Tiny Hawk will probably be my day 1 mashing though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

bring back rolento or eagle

need my stickbois back

Already have a stick girl

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Jerry Lewis voice

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here
I really want to like Marisa because Tekken made me a fan of stance nonsense, but I've never really clicked with the big body armor type character so she's at wait and see. Chun Li I'm more confident I'll click with.

I don't always play grapplers but when I do I adore them. I am however always into aerial characters, so Lily is extremely high on my list.

Juri was my favorite character I tried in the beta. I didn't realize Chun was a stance character now, I regret not trying her out then. But Juri was cool, I like the flexibility of her stocks letting her do cool special combos.

Still gonna try everyone else, and I won't be surprised to really click with a character I didn't even list. Game is fun as hell on a base system level, everyone is gonna own in it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Realistically I will bounce around a half dozen characters before coming to terms with myself and just accepting that my favorite part of Street Fighter is still just doing j.MK cr.MK qcfP with Ryu.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

im gonna do what i did for sf4 and sfv

play cammy until i find my actual main from the dlc

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
I'm thinking Cammy or Jamie right now. Maybe Ed depending what he ends up looking like when we see gameplay.

I started playing Cammy in SF5 to prepare and I'm starting to understand it. It feels like a game that will make me better at other fighting games with how honest it is and how it forces you to not mash to do links.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
It's going to be Zangief and it's never going to stop being Zangief.

JACKHAMMAH!!!!!

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I will try out Marisa, Manon, and Lily before probably defaulting back to Blanka or Dhalsim.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I'm going to employ the tried and true strategy of 'do 12 dps to win because the opponent just keeps jumping at me', so whoever has the coolest looking one. Probably Juri.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm going to play Cammy and Gief cause they look great but I'm probably going to main Juri because Juri is good and cool. May get some art for my stick to match my old Juri art stick with darkstalkers stickers on it.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Im going with JP because he gives off vibes of "okay until everyone knows how to defend against him"

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Cammy and Kimberly are the characters I'm gonna play, at least to start

Hoping for some of the characters from the older games to come back though. Someday c viper.. I really just want to do feint fierce combos now that I have way better execution than I did like 8 years ago or whatever

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Marisa looks so immensely satisfying that I'm definitely using her. I would try Manon or Lily, but grapplers require some amount of patience, and I wish to smash.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

i want to gently caress zangief's lights out but i'll settle for playing as him i guess

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

EightFlyingCars posted:

i want to gently caress zangief's lights out but i'll settle for playing as him i guess

Marjorie Taylor Greene spotted.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
JP gives me huge Strive Testament vibes so I think I'll like him. I always have this nagging voice that makes me wanna try a new archetype in every new fg I play. But somehow I always gravitate to zoner/space control

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

EightFlyingCars posted:

Alright haha see ya later

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

EightFlyingCars posted:

well, poo poo. yall have fun now.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Alright haha see ya later

horney zangief man is under my protection

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Ryoga posted:

Marjorie Taylor Greene spotted.

now this is just uncalled for

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Smoking Crow posted:

horney zangief man is under my protection

Likewise. Good luck to horny Zangief fans.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Oh sure, we all make fun of the Cammy Fannys, but the Zangief Zaddys are met with acceptance?!?!?

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Oh sure, we all make fun of the Cammy Fannys, but the Zangief Zaddys are met with acceptance?!?!?

Fanny has a different meaning in Cammy's native tongue.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I can't wait for SFVI, I'm going to be complete rear end at it.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Sorry, complete fanny at it

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

I can't wait for SFVI, I'm going to be complete rear end at it.

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Sorry, complete fanny at it

:same:

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

EightFlyingCars posted:

godspeed and goodluck but watch out for his green hand. it's cum invulnerable.

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

Sometimes I think I could make it work with Zangief, but I've already been in too many relationships where I wind up jumping reflexively at every attempted embrace.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Guys, I'm going to main Luke.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

AndyElusive posted:

But do you want to smooch him?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

AndyElusive posted:

Glad i'm not alone.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Luke should put on some loving shoes.
Even the hobo Ryu has the decency to get some shoes.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Jack Trades posted:

Luke should put on some loving shoes.
Even the hobo Ryu has the decency to get some shoes.

Just took him a few decadesyears to remember how nice it was to wear shoes

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

TGLT posted:

godspeed and goodluck but watch out for his green hand. it's cum invulnerable.

good thing he doesn't have that in street fighter 6 :q:

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

chumbler posted:

But do you want to smooch him?

Seems immoral since he's obviously in a relationship with Jaime

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I have a hard time getting excited about street fighter dlc because they keep bringing back the same characters. If they wanna pull from the past or even their other games then get someone they have never brought back, like Necro or someone from star gladiator or even Tessa. I can’t even begin to care that Akuma is back, or look it’s Seth again.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbf sfv had some pulls, like Akira and Abigail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Overbite posted:

I have a hard time getting excited about street fighter dlc because they keep bringing back the same characters. If they wanna pull from the past or even their other games then get someone they have never brought back, like Necro or someone from star gladiator or even Tessa. I can’t even begin to care that Akuma is back, or look it’s Seth again.

There's basically a confirmed brand new character that will probably be in the first season. AKI.

Endorph posted:

tbf sfv had some pulls, like Akira and Abigail

I wish to never see Abigail's disgusting face ever again.
They should bring back Hugo instead so I can meatsquasher fools.