Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Name a game with more realistic graphics, a more star studded cast, another game where Christopher Walken calls you a slur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Fortaleza posted:

The Witcher 3 is the greatest game ever made. I've played through it 11 times and will probably keep playing it occasionally until the day I keel over

same except dark souls 1

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

a while back I watched a comprehensive breakdown/retrospective/review of Morrowind that was 8 hours long, and then followed it with one by the same guy about Oblivion that was 12 hours long, and then finished that off with a two parter about Skyrim that was 20 hours in total. They were pretty good. Dude knew his stuff.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I watched a 3 1/2 hour video of a streamer playing Sporcle Quiz pvp against another streamer

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i would simply just play morrowind but not oblivion

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Runa posted:

I watched a 3 1/2 hour video of a streamer playing Sporcle Quiz pvp against another streamer

who won

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

the other guy, because the one I was watching accidentally threw with Potassium

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I like playing video games while watching people play video games in another window.

e: Still working my way through DAI. It's a good video game but only if you install a bunch of QoL mods because there is a bunch of easily fixed poo poo like the boneheaded banter time, stupidly long war table missions and looting animations. One of the few exceptions to my "you should play a game for the first time unmodded" stance.

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Apr 1, 2023

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
i played, no poo poo, probably five hours of splatoon 3 today

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I really like how all the quests in oblivion feel like some guy at bethesda went "wouldn't it be really cool if we had a quest where" and then nobody asked whether the engine could actually handle it, they just did the best they could. So it's all jank but there's a ton of really cool ideas

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

:dogstare:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
wouldnt it be cool if the bandits started wearing the best armor in the game and still tried to shake you down for five gold coins

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I should mention I was being completely serious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E6DbsQmciM&t=5652s

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Romancing Solas so I can finally have a complicated hosed up relationship for my protagonist instead of a boring rear end Bioware Romance and also because (spoilers for DAI and also FFXIV kinda) xiv wouldn't let me date emet-selch

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

I was doing that at the time, even lol

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

wouldnt it be cool if the bandits started wearing the best armor in the game and still tried to shake you down for five gold coins

you dont get to wear the best armor by slowing up your hustle

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
What if the armor was enchanted and the bandit didn't have enough smithing skill to repair enchanted gear? Gotta get the money to pay for that service somehow!

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
I finished RE4make and it was a very good game and now I want more video game

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Hmm, I'm not seeing The Lusty Argonian Maid in that playlist. :v:
Interesting idea though - on my phone atm, but I'll have to look after

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

DaysBefore posted:

Posting a video essay in response to a question is a killable offence imo

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Joe Anderson's Witcher 3 video is going to be like ten hours long and making it was such an awful experience that he's going to stop making videos after it's finally released iirc. Video essays gently caress you up.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

he does it to himself by being a crazy person

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Once you have a 2 hour video in your timeline and go "I need to continue until I get another full work day worth of footage in here", the insanity was done before the video was completed.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

DaysBefore posted:

Joe Anderson's Witcher 3 video is going to be like ten hours long and making it was such an awful experience that he's going to stop making videos after it's finally released iirc. Video essays gently caress you up.

maybe he should learn brevity.

sad question
May 30, 2020

Babe Magnet posted:

a while back I watched a comprehensive breakdown/retrospective/review of Morrowind that was 8 hours long, and then followed it with one by the same guy about Oblivion that was 12 hours long, and then finished that off with a two parter about Skyrim that was 20 hours in total. They were pretty good. Dude knew his stuff.
Why would video about the best of these be the shortest?

Did Oblivion or Skyrim have a writer take acid for a week to write lore for them?

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

its kind of insulting how these 4 hour long videos of someone senselessly rambling on about some children's cartoon or whatever gets called a video "essay", there's nothing remotely essayistic about any of them. there's not even any creative use of the camera, it's just "here's some cut footage from this thing, here's some more, here's a shot centred precicely at my upper torso like a TV presenter, back to more footage" before they end with a little shake of their beggar's cup

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

ulvir posted:

its kind of insulting how these 4 hour long videos of someone senselessly rambling on about some children's cartoon or whatever gets called a video "essay", there's nothing remotely essayistic about any of them. there's not even any creative use of the camera, it's just "here's some cut footage from this thing, here's some more, here's a shot centred precicely at my upper torso like a TV presenter, back to more footage" before they end with a little shake of their beggar's cup

Yes they need to stop this…stolen essayist valor?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I mean of folks are enjoying it and it isn't exploitative it probably does less damage to the world than a lot of other jobs.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sad question posted:

Why would video about the best of these be the shortest?

Did Oblivion or Skyrim have a writer take acid for a week to write lore for them?

its easier to talk at length and in detail about what you dislike than what you like

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
video échou

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

rollick posted:

video échou

Gesundheit!

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Video essays own, I like it when people make long-form content about something they're passionate about and listening to someone go on and on about their niche interest while working, browsing the web or gaming is a nice way to relax and know more about something I'd probably never think about otherwise. But I am kind of a listener type fwiw, people love talking at me and having a button to pause them and continue a few days later is exactly what I'm looking for.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Tim Rogers’ Boku no Natsuyasumi review was the best film of 2022.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
i watched 45 seconds of a minute and a half clip comparing original Ada to remake Ada

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Pining for the days where a youtuber would just go "This game is a shitload of gently caress" and it'd be 10 minutes at max cause that was the youtube time limit

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Leal posted:

Pining for the days where a youtuber would just go "This game is a shitload of gently caress" and it'd be 10 minutes at max cause that was the youtube time limit

AVGN stays winning!

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Runa posted:

I should mention I was being completely serious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E6DbsQmciM&t=5652s

I can name like half of those pokemons :q:

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Apr 1, 2023

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
and that's why one might learn more about the crushing effects of capitalistic enterprise right here, in the mines just outside ebonheart, than in any university classroom

nebula is an online streaming service that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
lol