Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
New Bee dropping next year---thus, the genre remains at the blazing forefront:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2190150/The_Last_Humble_Bee/

quote:

Play as a swashbuckling warrior bee, fighting to SAVE THE BEES in this fast-paced survivors-like adventure! Explore an ever-changing open world, build a unique deck of magical upgrades, and survive swarms of evil enemies by hack-and-slashing with finely tuned game-feel.

Fight as a swashbuckling bee
Survive evil enemy swarms
Explore a de-saturated world
Customize a unique deck of upgrades
Save your species

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Swilo posted:

One thing I've observed from a few people trying to get into the game is it's hard to understand what unlocks to focus on for greatest benefit. It's easy to burn out when the ones you do only result in gold or a difficult to use character. They should really add some kind of filter system that sorts out the rewards so you know "hey these will give me a relic" or "do this to unlock a new map." The current setup worked in early access when there were only tens of them, but now there's almost 200.

You can at least look at what each unlock is by clicking/tapping on it, though sorting them out into separate categories would be nice.

I mostly like what Army of Ruin has settled on, with an Unlocks menu that has separate categories but also showing the unlock requirements on each level independently. That way you can see what you need to do whether you're looking for something specific, through the Unlocks menu, or if you're just looking to play a certain map, through the level selection.

I do wish they'd show what the challenges unlocked on the level selection, though, just to see if I'm actually getting something new or just gold. Even just which category the unlock belonged to would be nice if they wanted to stay vague. Adjacently, I also wish they didn't require you to do the level once completely blind before letting you do unlocks, but at least that's only for the base difficulty. They let you do both the Ruin (AoR's Curse equivalent) unlocks and the base unlocks in the same run, so you can do the base version once to unlock Ruin and challenges and then dive into running Ruin difficulties to double up on challenges.

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug

explosivo posted:

Been catching up with what I missed in VS, I never even got to see all of the content in the base game but then the first DLC hit which was not available on mobile so I kinda stopped. Coming back to it now and both DLC's are available and there's an option after buying DLC to disable the prompt to watch a video for a revive (even though it is essentially an extra free revive) and I'm all the way back in. Still kinda struggling with getting stuff unlocked because I usually forget what I'm working towards or get overwhelmed with the amount of poo poo there is to unlock but so far the DLC unlocks have been relatively straightforward "last 15 mins with this character" or evolving the new weapons to unlock them permanently.

This guide seems to have an optimal starting steps of what to grab

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

gariig posted:

This guide seems to have an optimal starting steps of what to grab

This is great, thanks for the link. My problem is that I have bits and pieces from all of these already unlocked I imagine so I'll have to look through later to see what I have and start from there. Much appreciated :tipshat:

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007
Is the Android port with the new DLC extremely buggy/unstable for anyone else? It seems like every level breaks in some new way. On some, you get stuck in the level up dialog when you banish something. In others, enemies freeze at what I'm guessing is the end of the death animation, never disappear, and prevent new enemies from spawning. I've uninstalled and rebooted, but it breaks consistently in the same places.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I wasn't sure if it's the game being wacky but earlier I was trying to unlock Leda and after a while when moving down the graphics started to glitch out real bad where everything was ghosting and it did seem like no enemies were spawning. I also was getting like 4 fps and my phone was on goddamn fire. I got past 30 minutes expecting to die by something but it never happened so I quit. Fortunately the unlocks I got along the way counted. I just tried a second time and it started happening again then the game crashed, so yeah I think there might be something going on.

Edit: The most recent review on the play store mentions this specific issue I was having and almost all of them mention some form of crashing or bugginess. Bummer, this is the first one I've run into so far.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Apr 18, 2023

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Big Time Early Access Updates For Asserting Themselves:

Deathtide Survivors: The Rebirth Patch

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2237070/view/3718325557402255121

quote:

Welcome to 2.0b - Rebirth, Deathtide Survivors' massive overhaul!

Update Summary: The game has changed so much in this update, I couldn't help but naming it Patch 2.0 - Rebirth! Deathtide Survivors should now feel like an entirely new experience, with a lot more polish and care put into it. The update sets the tone for the future of Deathtide Survivors and raises the bar of our quality standards for future additions and content.

Before you dive in, an apology and news concerning the future: Unfortunately, Act II has been postponed to another update (2.1b) due to (I cannot understate this) massive personal problems I've been fixing alongside the work on this update (out of 70 days between release 1.0 and this update, I've actually only been able to work around 35 days or so and therefore it seemed better to cut the update in two parts).

However, in this short amount of time I have been able to completely overhaul the game and Act I, and also added the new ranked mode Nightmare+, new quests, spells and rewards (such as character skins) so there is more than enough content to enjoy until I launch Act II on patch 2.1b, with an expected release date of 45 days after this update, this other update will bring new enemies, bosses and a new map of the same level of quality Act I now has, it will also expand existing systems such as Nightmare+, bring a new character class (warrior) and add a lot of other things.

Addendum: The first 2 months of our early access release have been an extremely humbling and interesting experience, We've grown a very nice community, and most importantly, we received A LOT of excellent feedback from everyone, which have made their way into our first massive update. I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I do!

[Look and Feel]
• Overhauled the entire interface. Every single menu has been painstakingly rebuilt from the ground up, with brand new functionality added, along with lots of bells and whistles for that extra coat of polish!
• Added complete Gamepad support for every single menu and interaction, except for typing a custom profile name (still requires a keyboard).
• Massively upgraded the graphics of the game:
- Completely redesigned the map's texture set.
- Added better color grading (goodbye washed-out colors).
- Upgraded enemy models.
- Upgraded particles and other special effects.
- Added volumetric fog. (Don't worry, it's cheap to render it).
• Reworked melee hit registration (now the attack animation syncs up perfectly with the actual hit, and the hit distance has been adjusted, so getting hit no longer feels unfair.)
• Upgraded the combat feedback, now enemy attacks feel more brutal and getting hit feels more painful. (also removed the annoying moaning).
• Reworked the size and speed of all enemies and the player, now you will feel closer to the action and enemies will seem more oppressive. It is also easier to see their attack animations to time your dodges accordingly.
• Overhauled Act I's map, adding lots of interesting and dynamic zones (Try to find the healing fountain!) to encourage exploration and clever gameplay. The map now has distinct zones with colliders that block enemy (and player!) pathing, create choke zones, and encourage smart herding of enemy crowds. Just be careful not to get cornered.
• Massively improved the intelligence of ranged AI to circumnavigate the new obstacles, now archers and mages will always try to keep a good line of sight. Seriously, you can't fool them.

[Content]
• Added an entirely new ranked difficulty mode, Nightmare+.
• Added a new reward system for Nightmare+.
• Added Character Skins.
• Added new quests (sorry completionists, you'll have to reach 100% again!).
• Added Steam Achievements for all quests in the game.
• Added 12 new spells:
- 4 new autocast spells - one of each element.
- 2 new Ultimate spells - including our first healing spell!
- 4 new attunements - for greater build diversity
- 2 new buffs - which should make builds more fun!
• P.S: Even more spells are coming on patch 2.1b!

[Quality of Life]
• Increased the modularity, stability and polish of the code, creating a solid base for future updates.
• Added a quick menu exit button on keyboard (Press Esc to close any menu)
• Added a damage/DPS counter for spells on the pause and death menu.
• Added a selling option on the item shop and a disenchantment option on chest drops.
• Polished the Settings menu, adding expected functionality that was lacking.
• Added new elements to the library.
• Added a Save Failsafe system to prevent data loss, alongside Steam Cloud integration for save files.

[Balance]
• Completely reworked the consumable item balance, items with duration last a considerably greater amount of time, but are weaker, and healing potions will heal based on percentage instead of direct values.
• Reworked casual difficulty modifiers.
• Rebalanced every single autocast and ultimate spell.

Horde Hunters: Simply just likely the biggest update yet

quote:

Game build is compiled to native code resulting in a roughly 100% performance boost (your mileage may vary though)
Leaderboards have been moved to a custom system that allows more details over run such as the character used and time played. All leaderboards have been reset with a new seed
New melee weapon: Tomahawk Axe
New melee weapon: War Fan
New magic weapon: Fire Staff
New magic weapon: Acid Rain
New item: Monocle - Increased critical hit chance for all weapons (50%)
New item: Power Bracelet - +25-100% damage for all player weapons within the Aura
New item: Safety Bracelet - +25-100% damage resistance within the Aura
New item: Time Bracelet - +25-100% enemy slowdown within the Aura
Modified weapon: Fire Cape changed to inflict DPS damage
Modified weapon: Shield 100% bonus changed to double range instead of size
Modified weapon: Staff initial attack rate changed from 1.5s to 1.7s
Modified weapon: Light Wand initial attack rate changed from 2.5s to 3s
Modified item: Frequent Buyer Card now also gives 10% discount on everything
Modified item: Weighted Dice now also gives a free reroll on level up. Shop rerolls dropped from 2 to 1
Modified power-up: Miner no longer does increased damage to gold ores, but a shorter time is spent in Mine
Modified power-up: Speed has an additional level
The setting "Enter buildings automatically" no longer exists. Buildings are accessed with a key (if required). Directions to enter buildings and start missions have been moved on top of the player
Mine no longer depletes and is now entered. Gold amount depends on how long you stay in. Player has 2s invulnerability when exiting mine
Healing Pond also recharges ability fully
Titus no longer has a speed debuff
Nicolaus has no charisma bonus anymore, but increased perception instead
Jester is not penalized for whatever type the secondary weapon is and can carry other weapons of that type without penalties
All characters start with 2 consumables instead of 1
All characters' movement speed is faster by default. Agility no longer increases movement speed
More than one fire or destroy mission can appear at the same time in late-game and they also have a shorter timer
Enemy portals have increased health and nearby enemies get 10% faster when portal is attacked for the first time
Elite fireball quantity, damage and size will increase indefinitely as time goes on. Projectile speed is slower but hit detection is more accurate to player (was a lot more forgiving before)
Endless enemy kill multiplier changed from 1x to 0.5x
Endless time multiplier changed from 5x to 6x
Flyby enemies will have a shield after 15min of playtime
Some adjustments to enemy speed, life and damage over time
Flying enemies are faster than ground units
Terrain movement speed is displayed on screen (if not 100%)
Some variation in tree and boulder sizes
"Ability Blocked" changed to "Ability Blocked by Elite" for player to understand what's happening

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I am a big fan of the glitch added in the new dlc where if you unite spellstrom, the game crashes

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I decided to give the Steam PC beta version for VS a try to see if the new engine was cooler. Got a white screen before the title even showed. "That was weird, they specifically said the new engine wouldn't have those occasional white screens".

I revert to the stable branch again, the game redownloads, I run the file integrity check just in case, and the game loads. And then it loving crashes on map load:

What the gently caress now? Can't play the game at all anymore.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Android version keeps crashing in the middle of Gallo Tower.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

YggiDee posted:

Android version keeps crashing in the middle of Gallo Tower.

It's all over their subreddit, the dev responded to one of the posts saying they're aware of it and are working on a fix but for now it's best to work on some other stuff because gallo tower is turbofucked. I legit thought at first I discovered one of those broken combinations I kept reading about and my phone just wasn't able to keep up. I was trying to unlock Leda and just assumed all of that crazy stuff that was happening is what happens when you go far enough down on the map. My phone was so hot it was triggering the heat warning thing built into the samsung game deck app :v:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm never going to unlock Tiny Bridge :negative:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
How do you unlock maps for the stages? I randomly got a green arrow on Lake Foscari while farming Sammies for the unlock and I followed it and got a detailed map of Lake Foscari (like, not the milky way map, an actual map with all the different terrain and landmarks and stuff). I haven't encountered this for Mt Moonspell or Abyss Foscari. I assume the other stages wouldn't have maps since they just loop infinitely

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Only for this DLC is the map detailed.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

There's a new patch for the Android version that fixes the Gallo Tower crash and some other stuff, btw

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
I've been having this weird bug in VS ever since the second DLC where if I kill a boss or egg guy, sometimes instead of dropping the chest/egg where they died, it'd be teleported to a random part of the map, sometimes out of bounds. When it goes out of bounds, there's no way for me to get it and even the tree arcana can't bring them back to me. Playing on steam

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Sky Survivors looks to be an upcoming Looker---main innovation seems to be Platforms and/or 3 Modes, but still:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2331710/Sky_Survivors/ Amusing 3 Language combo~

quote:

Sky Survivors is an arena shooter roguelite. Choose from a variety of skills, unlock unique characters and weapons. Build «stairway to heaven» — a sky tower, each floor of which gives your character a unique bonus. Create your own overpowered build to survive against hordes of monsters!

Over 100 different skills will help you create a unique build every run. You can become an elemental mage, a weapon master, or summon magic books to destroy your enemies.

Every character has unique abilities.

Each weapon has its own unique playstyle.

Bullet Hell — classic «roguelike». Increased speed of monsters and their projectiles. You and the monsters take more damage.
Deckbuilder — the number of monsters and the amount of experience gained are increased.
Standard Mode — perfect for the first time.

Build a «stairway to heaven» — floors that grants your character a unique permanent bonus or a powerful temporary buff.

Auto-aim mode for gamepads and PC.
Over 100 different skills to choose from.
«Stairway to Heaven» — each floor has its own unique bonuses.
Unique weapons that completely change your playstyle.
Diverse characters: Dark Matter Mage, Dodger, Bomber (and more to come in the future updates!).
Multiple game modes allow you to choose the playstyle to your liking.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
absolute mad lad at Boneraiser added another stage, event features to Castle Conquest and two new minions. A Buffer/Debuffer that can put out RNG damage if you demon him, and BROZILLA, who cycles between the powers of all bros.

god i love this game

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Doomykins posted:

absolute mad lad at Boneraiser added another stage, event features to Castle Conquest and two new minions. A Buffer/Debuffer that can put out RNG damage if you demon him, and BROZILLA, who cycles between the powers of all bros.

god i love this game

Nice.

It's a gosh-darn good game.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Getting 5k+ eggs on Vampire Survivors is rough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DHAjC99THE

This is with the GPU lag fix on an RTX 3060 and 12 core processor. What the hell and how do I get past this lag?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The lag started up again after the recent patch. That GPU lag fix broke.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

RBX posted:

The lag started up again after the recent patch. That GPU lag fix broke.

This has been my experience with this game in the last couple days. And this is with the GPU fix start.

Windowed and fullscreen does not fix.

Applying frame rates in Nvidia does not help.

Is this a big problem or what am I missing? Just pressing tab also brings this game down to a crawl with a long time to recover.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
The best (and really only) things you can do for lag are turn off damage numbers, turn off flashing vfx, and turn off limit break. The game is coded entirely in javascript and runs inside a chrome browser, this is why they're trying to switch to a new engine powered by Unity.

Stockwell
Mar 29, 2005
Ask me about personal watercraft.
Go to to the Steam properties > betas and in the private beta prompt type 'newenginepls' (lower case, no quotes) and apply. That'll swap you to the Unity engine build, personally I can manage 40ish fps where I'd normally be getting single digits before, this is on a mobile 1660ti.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Edit: Beaten, since I wanted to warn about the one issue I came across.

If you want, there's a beta on Steam to try the new engine. It's not fully polished, with some bugs here and there*, but it's overall pretty smooth.

In your Steam Library: right click Vampire Survivors - Preferences - Betas - input "newenginepls" in the Access Code - click the new button that just appeared. Some official stuff:

quote:

Details:
  • Save data carries over, but it is still recommended to make a manual backup. You can move freely between the default branch and the new-engine branch, as they share the same save files.
  • Added resolution options
  • Added hidden button to delete save data (tap the "account" icon 7 times). Save data deletion cannot be reverted.
  • Fix for long freeze when using Lantern of Foscari to remove very large amounts of movement eggs
  • Game runs overall smoother and no longer slows down as heavily when running in the background

*I've only had one issue, from a run where I leveled up at the same time I picked up an Arcana chest. The level up window popped up normally, but when I made a selection it didn't go away, the Arcana menu never appeared and the game unpaused. I could move around, kill enemies and take damage, but couldn't enter the menu. Eventually I think I died since I couldn't move anymore, but didn't get any Game Over screen or sound. Had to Alt+F4 eventually, since nothing was happening and I couldn't get to the menu.

Stockwell
Mar 29, 2005
Ask me about personal watercraft.
Also a weird thing is that you can occasionally walk through walls, doesn't end up being a big deal though, only really allows you to shortcut the new maps.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think I've hit a point where every run on Rogue Genesia feels same-y.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Suddenly, pulpy camp "comic" horror has arrived---leaning in enormously on aesthetic and Crimsonlike as their amusing shorthand as the circle completes itself anew:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2189860/Outer_Terror/ Full release $7 for the next few days, then up to $10 base

quote:

Outer Terror is a horde shooter where you hold out against massive quantities of otherworldly cosmic creatures. Assemble a ridiculous arsenal of weapons and blast apart seemingly endless waves of horrific creatures in this stylish roguelike that pays homage to the B-movies and Golden Age horror comics of the 80s and 90s.

Don’t Die and stay alive for as long as you can while exploring overrun cities, attempting to assist the few survivors still around. Explore and survive in the varied settings of 5 uniquely themed chapters featuring 10 playable characters each with their own signature weapons forming an anthology of classic horror stories.

Each map is massive and through exploration players will discover other survivor hold outs and treasures. All cumulating with massive boss encounters, Elite Creatures from Beyond, ghouls, robots, and otherworldly abominations.

Key Features

Battle, Loot and Explore - Discover other treasures and hidden items as you explore each massive map. This may lead to boss encounters and otherworldly abominations.

Weapon Stacking - Each player will experience increasing difficulty as gameplay progresses, bringing the opportunity to upgrade and gain new weapons and powers.

Co-Op Gameplay - Sit back and enjoy side by side expansive cooperative play!

Unique Characters - Players can choose to play as one of the 10 survivors, each boasting unique weapons and skills that will help them in battle.

Nostalgic Art Style - Inspired by B-movies and classic comic books Outer Terror features art from renowned digital artist Joe Roman (Chito).

Don’t Die! - Each volume of Outer Terror is packed with hordes of enemies set on ending your run, whether it be a vampiric polar bear, the mangled remains of a pet rabbit, or a pack of sentient toasters.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Battle Grid announced that they're putting out a prologue in a couple weeks. https://store.steampowered.com/app/2184680/Battle_Grid_Prologue/

quote:

Once the prologue is live, we'll be removing the demo from the store.
The prologue will have:
- The first taste of progression: permanent Grid Upgrades.
- The enemies update.
- Run statistics on completion of a run.
- Graphics settings.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

dis astranagant posted:

Battle Grid announced that they're putting out a prologue in a couple weeks. https://store.steampowered.com/app/2184680/Battle_Grid_Prologue/

Aww yiss

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Stockwell posted:

Go to to the Steam properties > betas and in the private beta prompt type 'newenginepls' (lower case, no quotes) and apply. That'll swap you to the Unity engine build, personally I can manage 40ish fps where I'd normally be getting single digits before, this is on a mobile 1660ti.

Thank you so much. You solved everything for me.

I just got 51k eggs in a single run and it happened on time and the visuals looked crazy. I need to be careful about looking at this game when things get insane.

The experience is much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN3Ynw-QNTM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFYzD04A2UE

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Apr 22, 2023

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

scarlet tower just dropped a new map, corruption 10, 3 new weapons, 4 new fusions and a couple reworks of existing weapons https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2181720/view/3700311158876291719

it's also 20% off.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Apr 23, 2023

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
PhaigeX: Hyperspace Survivors goes EA tomorrow'ish and has a recently bolstered demo for it:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2159500/PhaigeX_Hyperspace_Survivors/

quote:

PhaigeX is a fast-paced "survivor-style" space shooter that tasks the player to contain a growing incursion of rogue AI-controlled units. Pilot a variety of ships, use a myriad of upgrades and lay down heavy firepower against the growing menace.

"Here at PhaigeX Megacorp, we pioneer the latest trends in AI and Warp technologies.
Join our elite team of Confiners to keep our space pathways safe from the rogue AI menace.
It is our mission to pave the way towards humanity's shining future, whatever it takes.
So take the leap, and accomplish great achievements together with us!"

"High-Speed Space Combat Survivor"
Bob, weave, evade, and shoot through a space sector filled to the brim with enemies. The game is built with rushes and high-speed chases in mind, so make full use of your mobility and firepower.

"Show Your Way"
Choose from a variety of ships to pilot, each with its own stats, starting weapons and passive abilities. Upgrade its equipment, and create builds that suit your play style.

"Death by a Thousand Cuts"
The enemy forces build up as time passes, increasing the Incursion Rate. As this value rises, new events and dangerous threats enter the fray. Keep this value down by destroying key enemy units to prevent yourself from getting overwhelmed.

"You are Not Alone"
Aside from the ship you control, you can summon your Support Craft into the field for extra firepower. Not only that, approach it to open up the Support Shop, where you upgrade your ship and use other support actions.

"Never Tell Me the Odds"
You get rewards after a game session, which you can spend unlocking new ships, or customizing your ships even further and making them stronger!

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Swilo posted:

+The game is coded entirely in javascript and runs inside a chrome browser, this is why they're trying to switch to a new engine powered by Unity.

lol

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
The new Vampire Survivors is $2 worth of good, some interesting stage design stuff, but I really felt by the end that they're out of character and weapon ideas. There's only so many Super Characters and Full Screen Attacks you can dress up after Sigma was supposed to give you the one for beating the game, but things were getting a bit stale and power crept as soon as Song of Mana got in.

Maybe they should wrap up, stretch their fingers on boss design and deliver that vampire next time.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Apr 23, 2023

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Finally killed that big dumb ball of bones in da bone zone!!

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

ExiledTinkerer posted:

PhaigeX: Hyperspace Survivors goes EA tomorrow'ish and has a recently bolstered demo for it:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2159500/PhaigeX_Hyperspace_Survivors/

This one's kinda cool and the ships are super varied but it has the most obnoxious metaprogression I've ever seen. Ships are pulled from a gacha with randomized stats or you can spend several pulls to randomize an individual stat.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Swilo posted:

The game is coded entirely in javascript and runs inside a chrome browser

:shittypop: :shittypop: :shittypop: :shittypop: :shittypop: :shittypop: :shittypop: :shittypop:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I should also probably actually say something about Vampire Survivors.

Held off on playing VS or even looking into it until Foscari came out, downloaded it, and fuckin loved it. The game is really good at evolving and surprising/blindsiding the player. There are so many insane moments, I think my top are beating Moongolow and picking up the Yellow Sign, the first run of Il Molise, the Je-Ne-Viv boss fight, unlocking Inverse Mode, and the backwards text shenanigans. Also the trek down to unlock Leda was genuinely spooky, big ups to that.

What a wild ride. I'm basically done with it now, though, since I've unlocked all but like five or six things. Kinda makes me sad, and I wish there were more games that got as weird as VS does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

you know the Foscari are the natural enemies of vampires