Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

olives black posted:

Upon further consideration, I think I'm going to stick with the RB42s. I fully acknowledge that they're going to need to be replaced with something else if/when I get a bigger room, but for now I really like how they fit into my current space. Bigger speakers and floorstands aren't really an option for me right now.

I think you're right about futureproofing with the amp, though. The A-S801 should still play nice with the RB42s, right? What does "100W + 100W" mean?

Also seeing that I can get the amp "Like New" for about $200 less from Amazon Warehouse.

A-S801 has a lot of nice internal upgrades too, so it's a great long term choice. Having more power available won't hurt your speakers, as long as you don't play them louder than the speaker can handle which is so loud you won't ever get there, so you're totally safe to go with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Mederlock posted:

A-S801 has a lot of nice internal upgrades too, so it's a great long term choice. Having more power available won't hurt your speakers, as long as you don't play them louder than the speaker can handle which is so loud you won't ever get there, so you're totally safe to go with it.

Sweet. Pulled the trigger on the silver "Very Good" one from Amazon Warehouse as it said that any problems should be minor and cosmetic.

Thank you thread :)

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

olives black posted:

Upon further consideration, I think I'm going to stick with the RB42s. I fully acknowledge that they're going to need to be replaced with something else if/when I get a bigger room, but for now I really like how they fit into my current space. Bigger speakers and floorstands aren't really an option for me right now.

I think you're right about futureproofing with the amp, though. The A-S801 should still play nice with the RB42s, right? What does "100W + 100W" mean?

Also seeing that I can get the amp "Like New" for about $200 less from Amazon Warehouse.

1) get it from Accessories4Less like I told you before, they warranty it for 3 years and the refurb is from Yamaha direct (ie as good as new, QC’d by Yamaha techs and not some rando at an Amazon reseller), with all new documentation, etc.

2) Amazon refurbs are sketchy as gently caress dude, “cosmetic damage” probably means “we dropped it on its side and dumped a Mountain Dew into it but at least it still powers on” by my experience buying (and subsequently returning) an Amazon refurb MacBook Air and a Samsung TV both within the past 6 months.

I would not trust that refurb at all and would honestly cancel the order before it ships if I were you.

3) you can save a chunk of change by going with the A-S701. Silver refurb at A4L for $550. It’s identical to the A-S801 except for the USB DAC, which is alright, but not worth the upcharge and also it makes the 801 look way uglier than the 701 in my opinion with that row of bullshit LEDs marring the otherwise timeless look.

The onboard Optical/Coax DAC in the 701 is perfect for your needs and you can always take the savings and add a Schiit Modi or even a less expensive DAC if you want more digital inputs/an upgrade down the road. Also the 801’s USB DAC is pretty old at this point, like a decade.

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 05:06 on May 20, 2023

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Ok Comboomer posted:

1) get it from Accessories4Less like I told you before, they warranty it for 3 years and the refurb is from Yamaha direct (ie as good as new, QC’d by Yamaha techs and not some rando at an Amazon reseller), with all new documentation, etc.

2) Amazon refurbs are sketchy as gently caress dude, “cosmetic damage” probably means “we dropped it on its side and dumped a Mountain Dew into it but at least it still powers on” by my experience buying (and subsequently returning) an Amazon refurb MacBook Air and a Samsung TV both within the past 6 months.

I would not trust that refurb at all and would honestly cancel the order before it ships if I were you.

3) you can save a chunk of change by going with the A-S701. Silver refurb at A4L for $550. It’s identical to the A-S801 except for the USB DAC, which is alright, but not worth the upcharge and also it makes the 801 look way uglier than the 701 in my opinion with that row of bullshit LEDs marring the otherwise timeless look.

The onboard Optical/Coax DAC in the 701 is perfect for your needs and you can always take the savings and add a Schiit Modi or even a less expensive DAC if you want more digital inputs/an upgrade down the road. Also the 801’s USB DAC is pretty old at this point, like a decade.

This one, right?

https://www.accessories4less.com/ma...r-silver/1.html

I Googled A4L a day or two ago and found some weird company that didn't actually have links for buying anything and I was very :confused:

edit: also I cancelled that Amazon order, thank you again

olives black fucked around with this message at 05:23 on May 20, 2023

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

olives black posted:

This one, right?

https://www.accessories4less.com/ma...r-silver/1.html

I Googled A4L a day or two ago and found some weird company that didn't actually have links for buying anything and I was very :confused:

edit: also I cancelled that Amazon order, thank you again

👍

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Idk man sometimes if it's something I can test within the return window, I don't see a problem with trying something at a big discount, especially if you're trying to save some money... That being said I would definitely trust the manufacturer more than Amazon.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
I've got space in my current cramped and weird setup for a subwoofer. I said before that I'm in an apartment, but maybe it's worth it to just run it during the day when people are less limely to complain?

Wasabi the J posted:

Idk man sometimes if it's something I can test within the return window, I don't see a problem with trying something at a big discount, especially if you're trying to save some money.

Well in this case I've already been running the cheaper A-S301 for a few days and I like it, and knew for sure that it was going back in favor of the beefier model.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Wasabi the J posted:

Idk man sometimes if it's something I can test within the return window, I don't see a problem with trying something at a big discount, especially if you're trying to save some money... That being said I would definitely trust the manufacturer more than Amazon.

Yeah, but in this case the option I gave OP was comparably inexpensive (or maybe less expensive? A-S801 msrp is $900, so "$200 less" than that would be $700, compared to the 701 from A4L for $550), plus you got warranty and you know you're not taking a gamble on condition or looks

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I already tempered my statement with the facts there, yes

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
I have a Pioneer Elite SC-37 receiver, and I've been searching craigslist for a newer Elite model. I can't figure out Pioneer's numbering scheme.
I found a Pioneer Elite vsx-59, but apparently it was made 3-5 years before my SC-37.

I've been googling and I can't find a list of models and when they were released. Any help?

Looking at 2010-2015+ year models

e: ah, I found out that SC is the top of the line and different from Elite and VSX line of receivers.

Fozzy The Bear fucked around with this message at 02:50 on May 22, 2023

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Fozzy The Bear posted:

I have a Pioneer Elite SC-37 receiver, and I've been searching craigslist for a newer Elite model. I can't figure out Pioneer's numbering scheme.
I found a Pioneer Elite vsx-59, but apparently it was made 3-5 years before my SC-37.

I've been googling and I can't find a list of models and when they were released. Any help?

e: ah, I found out that SC is the top of the line and different from Elite and VSX line of receivers.
Cool historical archive on Pioneer's site - can look by ~10 year period at various categories: https://global.pioneer/en/corp/info/history/chronology/archives/2008/

Pioneer's home audio was sold off to onkyo in 2014-2015 and more recently onkyo got rescued by voxx/sharp in the form of Premium Audio Company. Onkyo, integra, and Pioneer are all made by the same folks at this point, so you might consider those brands as well.
https://www.audioholics.com/news/despite-bankruptcy-onkyo-pioneer-elite-av-drives-on

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Cool historical archive on Pioneer's site - can look by ~10 year period at various categories: https://global.pioneer/en/corp/info/history/chronology/archives/2008/

Pioneer's home audio was sold off to onkyo in 2014-2015 and more recently onkyo got rescued by voxx/sharp in the form of Premium Audio Company. Onkyo, integra, and Pioneer are all made by the same folks at this point, so you might consider those brands as well.
https://www.audioholics.com/news/despite-bankruptcy-onkyo-pioneer-elite-av-drives-on

Whoa, cool. Thank you.

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020
Is there an easy way to combine two audio inputs? I'd like my speakers to play a signal from my PC and a game console at the same time, so I can listen to podcasts or music while I play. My amplifier is a Pyle PTA2 that takes RCA inputs, and the signals from the PC and console are 3.5mm but I have RCA converters for both of them.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Yes, it's called a mixer :)

Buy an inexpensive Yamaha or Behringer or something, plug your PC and console outputs into a channel each and send the output to your amp.

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020

KozmoNaut posted:

Yes, it's called a mixer :)

Buy an inexpensive Yamaha or Behringer or something, plug your PC and console outputs into a channel each and send the output to your amp.

Something like this? https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-HA400-Ultra-Compact-4-Channel-Headphone/dp/B000KIPT30/

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020
Could I just plug the 3.5mm from the console into the line-in port on my motherboard?

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

NotNut posted:

Could I just plug the 3.5mm from the console into the line-in port on my motherboard?

Yes, and then you could use the Virtual Audio Cable app to mix in the line in audio to your speaker out audio

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Fair warning - I used to be a big Behringer proponent in terms of bang/buck, but every single piece of Behringer equipment I've ever owned has had quality issues that started out mildly annoying and ended with them getting progressively noisier until they suicided in a way that was very dangerous to the rest of my equipment and/or ears.

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020

Mederlock posted:

Yes, and then you could use the Virtual Audio Cable app to mix in the line in audio to your speaker out audio

Oh wow, that sounds like a way better solution than buying a mixer. Thanks.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
Just got my Yamaha A-S701 :rock:

What's the $200-400 subwoofer du jour?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

olives black posted:

A used SVS or Rythmik.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

olives black posted:

Just got my Yamaha A-S701 :rock:

SVS has an outlet sale going right now for memorial day - grab a PB1000 (if you have room, they are big) or SB1000 for $400: https://www.svsound.com/collections/outlet-specials

Hsu research is another to look for used along with SVS and Rythmik.

Speedwoofers are $450 new and also a solid choice, though they are constantly on backorder: https://rslspeakers.com/speedwoofer10s-mkii/

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

No, that's a splitter, not a mixer. It's for playing the same audio to several pairs of headphones.

You want something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Mackie-Mix-Mix5-5-Channel-Mixer/dp/B00ND1K8T6/

And these, so you can plug in the RCAs:
https://www.amazon.com/VCE-6-Pack-6-35mm-Female-Adapter/dp/B0727VZXP5/

Or you can go very cheap and cheerful and get this:
https://www.amazon.com/Channel-Portable-Separate-Controls-Recording/dp/B09XH3WPXR/

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Fozzy The Bear posted:

I think the SC receivers without the Elite designation were supposed to be a step below. But they weren't missing much except the badge, a different color display, and an extra year of warranty. My SC-1522 is supposedly equivalent to the Elite SC-65. I believe the Elite SC models incremented by 10 each year (skipped the 40s?). The bigger the number in the 1s column, the more expensive.

The SC-65 is 2 or 3 years newer than your SC-37, but I think the amp on yours is actually better. Actually kind of hard to beat that SC-37! But I'm in the market for a new receiver as well, need HDMI 2.1.

But this thing has been so rock solid, I'm actually pondering just trying an HD Fury splitter, or an even cheaper monoprice blackbird (https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=44086). Split the video and audio from the few sources I have, and just send the audio to the old receiver. Would be a lot cheaper than buying this new onkyo -https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09D8SB7DN/.

Baddog fucked around with this message at 09:37 on May 26, 2023

Atahualpa
Aug 18, 2015

A lucky bird.
I'm getting a new TV and would like to try a sound system for the first time. I know next to nothing about audio stuff beyond what I've read so far in the thread and am not familiar enough to know which brands are known for quality, being overpriced/reasonable, etc. Any recommendations given the following?

• A 3.1 setup would work best where the TV is going, but I'm primarily interested in quality components that I can build on later (i.e. I'd rather start with 2 excellent speakers that will last than spend the same amount of money on 3 decent speakers and a so-so subwoofer). I may upgrade to 5.1 eventually, but I can't see going higher than that unless I move.
  • The main use will be TV/movies with occasional music. Likely a fair amount of gaming later on as well. I don't plan to blast anything, just normal everyday volumes for the most part.
  • Not sure yet what my budget will be since I have a lot of other furniture to replace as well, but let's say $800-1200 for the initial buy.

Receivers seem to run from expensive to very expensive, but I also keep seeing that if you're going to skimp anywhere, you should do it with the receiver. Any good options for a cheap one that wouldn't sacrifice much quality for how I'll be using it?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Atahualpa posted:

I'm getting a new TV and would like to try a sound system for the first time. I know next to nothing about audio stuff beyond what I've read so far in the thread and am not familiar enough to know which brands are known for quality, being overpriced/reasonable, etc. Any recommendations given the following?

• A 3.1 setup would work best where the TV is going, but I'm primarily interested in quality components that I can build on later (i.e. I'd rather start with 2 excellent speakers that will last than spend the same amount of money on 3 decent speakers and a so-so subwoofer). I may upgrade to 5.1 eventually, but I can't see going higher than that unless I move.
  • The main use will be TV/movies with occasional music. Likely a fair amount of gaming later on as well. I don't plan to blast anything, just normal everyday volumes for the most part.
  • Not sure yet what my budget will be since I have a lot of other furniture to replace as well, but let's say $800-1200 for the initial buy.

Receivers seem to run from expensive to very expensive, but I also keep seeing that if you're going to skimp anywhere, you should do it with the receiver. Any good options for a cheap one that wouldn't sacrifice much quality for how I'll be using it?

The main reason people don't spend a ton on receivers is because they have all the inputs baked in, and HDMI specs keep changing every few years, so you pretty much need a new one when you upgrade your TV. For this reason, a lot of us would really prefer a separate processor and amplifier, but those cost $$$$ because manufacturers want you to have to buy new receivers regularly. [/rant]

Anyways, for this reason, I always look at refurb receivers. Accessories4Less is the go-to for that. Your biggest limiting factor is probably going to be the number of HDMI ports you need, although eARC means that you can often get away with plugging your stuff into your TV and just running a single HDMI to the receiver (note that eARC is notoriously flaky depending on if your TV and receiver happen to play nice).

If you don't need 8k or 4k@120, this is probably around the sweet spot:
https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/denavrx1600h/denon-avr-x1600h-7.2-ch-x-80-watts-a/v-receiver-w/heos/1.html

If you do need 8k or 4k@120, you could look at this. I think I have the same one (or one very close to it):
https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/denavrs760h/denon-avr-s760h-7.2-ch-x-75w-8k-a/v-receiver/1.html

For speakers, I would shop for a pair of floor standing speakers and worry about the sub / center channel later. Speakers are all about personal experience, so try to go listen to some or pick brands that have in-home trials. Buying from a place with a good return policy is a good idea, because they might will sound totally different in your living room than they did on the showroom floor. If you have budget leftover from that, then look at a sub and a center channel (in that order, IMO).

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020
So how would I use Virtual Audio Cable to mix the line in audio to my speaker out audio?

Edit: Without using Virtual Audio Cable, I set up my speakers to play sound from the line in by unmuting one of the "Rear Black In" inputs in the speakers' properties, like this:

But it's kind of quiet. Is there any way to amplify it a little?

Edit: It also works when I don't do that, but check "Listen to this device" on the line in recording device. Seems to have the exact same effect. It's still a little quieter than everything else though. I really need to figure out a way to boost its levels beyond Windows' normal 100%.

NotNut fucked around with this message at 07:59 on May 27, 2023

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Atahualpa posted:

Any recommendations given the following?

Buy two good speakers now, you can always add more later, but your two mains L+R should be the main priority.

Wharfedale Evo 4.4 would be a good choice, slightly above your budget, but look for sales. If you don't need need floorstanders or don't have the room, the Evo 4.2 is good, it's pretty big and big-sounding for a bookshelf speaker. Everybody seems to like them a lot.

I can also highly recommend Monitor Audio. I've got a pair of Bronze 2s (the 200 is the current equivalent) and they're just a complete joy. Plenty of oomph even from a bookshelf speaker.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 09:14 on May 27, 2023

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Budget speakers $90-$150, Sony SS-CS5 has some steep competition but goes on sale for like $90, outrageously good for that price.
Midrange: too many good choices, very subjective. The thread will have lots of suggestions here. Don't sleep on used speakers from sites like https://www.usaudiomart.com/ or your local classifieds , these audiophile nerds cycle through speakers like crazy and you can cash in on that
Upper range, Wharfedale Linton's are supposed to be pretty great, honestly there's lots of choice here but $2k for a pair is double your stated budget and way outside of what I'm comfortable spending myself.

Bonus comedy high value/DIY option: CSSa 1TD-X kit speaker you build yourself. These are supposed to be the bee's knees, competing with stuff in the $2000+ range. Just need a decent stain+finish and some basic hands skill, or if you want it to look nice without the plywood look, get some cherry or walnut veneer and glue it on(way easier to do than you'd think). https://www.css-audio.com/online-store/CSS-Criton-1TD-X-Kit-Pair-p221163830

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Atahualpa posted:

Any good options for a cheap one that wouldn't sacrifice much quality for how I'll be using it?

If you are in a large room, look for floorstanders since they can play louder. Will probably still need a subwoofer though if you want full range playback.

To add some more bookshelf / standmount speaker recommendations:
Revel M16s are amazing and go on sale for ~350USD each. They are a steal at that price. If you use 3 of them for your LCR, you just need a subwoofer later and your set up is done. Highly recommended.
Kef is clearing out their old R line so you may be able to snag some R3s that are in your budget too.
JBL studio 530s are another set of good speakers, but the styling may not be for everyone. JBLs regularly go on sale. Their tower speakers are also good.
Elac and Polk have some decent options for floorstanders and standmount speakers as well.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 18:51 on May 27, 2023

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Atahualpa posted:

Figure out what features you NEED to have right now, 4k? Buy the cheapest receiver you can find that meets those needs. I think almost every receiver made in the past 5 years supports 4k?
https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/denavrs540bt/denon-avr-s540bt-5.2-ch-x-70-watts-bluetooth-a/v-receiver/1.html
That is the least expensive one I could find $229, that leaves $900 for speakers. As others have said, I would start with the two best speakers you can afford, and add a center and a subwoofer later.

I really like speakers you buy directly through the internet, I feel its a better bang for the buck since they don't have to pay for physical store space. Ascend is my favorite speaker brand, and a pair of SIERRA-1 are $898 and sound AMAZING for music (I've had a 3.0 setup with Sierra-1s for 14 years, and everyone is blown away by how good they sound). But since I see you will be using it for TV/movies as well, the CMT-340SE2 are $798 and have higher sensitivity (meaning they will sound louder for explosions in gaming and movies).

Denon AVR-S540BT Receiver $229
Ascend CMT-340SE2 $798
$1,027
+speaker cables, accessories

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Ascend CMT-340SE2 $798

On their own website:

That's some narrow and nasty vertical dispersion. No idea why they used a MTM layout for a tower.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 19:53 on May 27, 2023

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

On their own website:

That's some narrow and nasty vertical dispersion. No idea why they used a MTM layout for a tower.

They are bookshelf, can you show me that same graph on any other speaker at that same price point? If you say that is bad dispersion, as compared to what?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Fozzy The Bear posted:

They are bookshelf, can you show me that same graph on any other speaker at that same price point? If you say that is bad dispersion, as compared to what?

JBL Studio 530

Whardale Evo 4.1

Also any speaker with a coaxial driver, since even dispersion is one of their features. KEF and some Elacs.

I'm not saying that the Ascends are bad speakers overall, but I'm just wonder what's up with that dispersion and if their MTM layout has anything to do with it. Seems like an odd choice is all.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 27, 2023

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Also any speaker with a coaxial driver, since even dispersion is one of their features. KEF and some Elacs.

I'm not saying that the Ascends are bad speakers overall, but I'm just wonder what's up with that dispersion and if their MTM layout has anything to do with it. Seems like an odd choice is all.

Their $5300 speakers look almost the same:

So it must not matter very much?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Their $5300 speakers look almost the same:

So it must not matter very much?

That's kinda poor for 5300 dollars, but ribbon tweeters are known for having narrow vertical dispersion.

It does matter because it just means there is a smaller sweet spot and once your head leaves tweeter level you are going to be missing out on some things and the tonality will be off. Look at the CMT-340SE2 again: there's a section from 600hz to almost 1500hz where it much more quiet if you are off axis. And that's covering a good part of the vocal range. Imagine if you move your head and suddenly a bunch of dialogue becomes unintelligible.
It doesn't mean the speaker is bad, but it is something you need to take into account if you are using it for home theater where you may have people sitting on the floor or sitting on raised row behind you. They will not be hearing the same things you are.

Look at another Ascend Acoustics speaker, the Sierra LX ~1500 USD:

That is very nice and you can probably sit anywhere in that room and not have problems.

It makes me think they just decided to try and sell their center channel design as a mini tower and called it a day.

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020

NotNut posted:

So how would I use Virtual Audio Cable to mix the line in audio to my speaker out audio?

Edit: Without using Virtual Audio Cable, I set up my speakers to play sound from the line in by unmuting one of the "Rear Black In" inputs in the speakers' properties, like this:

But it's kind of quiet. Is there any way to amplify it a little?

Edit: It also works when I don't do that, but check "Listen to this device" on the line in recording device. Seems to have the exact same effect. It's still a little quieter than everything else though. I really need to figure out a way to boost its levels beyond Windows' normal 100%.

If anyone's curious, I ended up using the preamp on Equalizer APO and it worked perfectly.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Equalizer APO owns. APOwns? I’ll see myself out.

Atahualpa
Aug 18, 2015

A lucky bird.
Thank you to everyone for your answers! I've been looking at furniture all weekend and am a bit burnt out on shopping/comparing products at this point but will take a look at all of your suggestions over the next few days and hopefully make a purchase next weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
I have maybe an odd question. I'm staying at my family in law and under their tv i noticed a soundbar that wasn't plugged in. It's a Paradigm Soundscape in very good condition. I notice it got pretty good reviews for a pricy soundbar in 2014, and i was planning to get a soundbar anyway for my LG Cx.

Would it be worth it dragging this soundbar halfway across the world home with me or are modern budget versions going to give me better sound quality?