Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose fault is it?
Smedly
Higby
Wrel
View Results

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

What's a good VS shotgun for a person who hates shotguns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
I was poking around the edge of the desert continent in the flat wasteland by myself in a lightning, no fights anywhere near me, when some loving lunatic who apparently had just been hiding there all by himself for god knows how long ATV C-4 suicide bombed me from behind a tiny dune.

Random thoughts:

Suppressing fire seems to work and keeps even enemy players who can 360 no scope from sticking their heads up. Likewise, trolling vehicles and aircraft with a lock-on launcher seems to work great since they'll take dramatic dives behind hills and off cliffs and stop shooting at your side.

The NC has a 50 round magazine fed LMG that handles basically like a heavy assault rifle/SCAR-H, its my go-to nowadays.

The Anti-material rifles do tiny but existent damage to vehicles and if you troll one long enough by plinking away at it they often get mad enough and try to hunt you down, and then get blown up by c-4/mines/teammates, etc. Also it feels good to shoot a cliff racer out of the sky with one.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 05:56 on May 26, 2023

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

The Demilich posted:

What's a good VS shotgun for a person who hates shotguns?

I don't like shotguns much either so I usually use one of three choices.
1) NS Baron (or NS Viscount from the black market). Semiauto but has round by round reloading, very accurate with a smart choke, 7 pellets (although I often use slugs). With the baron I usually use smart choke, laser, slugs with the viscount I use the comfort grip and slugs (since it's my go-to engineer secondary and comfort grip lets you switch to it faster).

2) Best pump shotgun. This choice is for deleting people but you need to be close and I'm not great with them. Each faction has two pump shotguns and their difference in is pellet count (as well as pellet spread and ammo count). NC has the Claw with 10 pellets that do 100 damage and the Bruiser has 11 pellets that do 100 damage. Bruiser has less ammo but kills more so it's usually my choice if I'm using shotguns to delete people. With VS your choices are Deimos (11 pellets) and Phobos (10 pellets). TR has the Blackjack (11 pellets) and the Uppercut (10 pellets). NSO only get the HSG 400 (heavy shotgun) which isn't pump action but acts similarly. Main difference with this one seems to be a delay between shots but it reloads all its rounds as a mag instead of one by one like the true pump shotguns.

3) Auto-shotty. It's rude and it mows down people but it's fun. Each faction gets one. NC gets the Piston. VS has the Pandora. TR has the Nighthawk. NSO has the SG-A25

I don't personally think the faction semi-autos are that worthwhile. You can kill people but they lack the oomph of these other choices.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Saying that the AMRs do "tiny" damage to vehicles is a bit rough - I would not want to try to take an actual tank with them, but they can scare off Harassers and low-flying ESFs or Valkyries.

Now, the real trick is hitting anything with them, especially if it's moving at speed, at a distance where your target won't just pulp you.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

With tanks they can be useful since a lot of 1v1 anything in this game leaves the winner with a tiny sliver of health. Chipping at that health means you can finish it off or even save that friendly tank. Learning to lead and hit with dumbfire weapons seems to be critical to the game, but yeah, I fear harassers more than tanks to be quite honest. If the terrain is rough the tank might actually fail to hunt you down, gl with the harasser that has your number.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 14:37 on May 26, 2023

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Harassers just have too many hit points, imo.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

I suck with weapons in this game, but I do enjoy the changes to to construction component.

I also just bought the anti-material rifle for Engi and I love taking potshots at vehicles

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

I haven't seen Pigs around for awhile, was their guild's demise at least as drama laden and lovely as their leader?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Ronwayne posted:

I haven't seen Pigs around for awhile, was their guild's demise at least as drama laden and lovely as their leader?

I think the timeline was like, Pale got suspended for being a dick to TR outfits on TR with PIGS a year or more back, so he made P4LE on VS and mostly just went after TR. PIGS was largely abandoned although I see people in it now and then, I assume alts now or people who are uninformed. This lasted around a year and recently his main account got banned for toxic behavior just a month back or something. Toxic because he just screams all the time in voice chat most likely but maybe other stuff too because he's a really grating abusive rear end in a top hat type. He still has another account and he moved Pale Riders to TR now (I think it's P4L3 or something). He's still bad and almost exclusively plays a max, killed me tonight on PALERETURNS or something. I think the toxic behavior ban was just terminating the one account and they didn't decide to make it a permaban so he's still playing, but at least he's on TR where I'm less likely to have to hear him, I guess.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Most abusive people learn to balance being intolerable with periods of being less psychotic, but I guess some people are over tuned 100% dickhead at all times.

I also think I'm the last active person on GOKU's NC alt, so if there are any blueberries on Emerald looking for another body, I'm in.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 12:58 on May 27, 2023

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Ronwayne posted:

Most abusive people learn to balance being intolerable with periods of being less psychotic, but I guess some people are over tuned 100% dickhead at all times.

I see you've met my stepfathers.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon
I'm very glad the short range scope bolt actions and semi auto snipers exist because otherwise being restricted to Scout Rifles and SMGs for my Infiltrator days would be very one note

I'm no good with the bolt actions and landing three headshots in a row with a 3.4x scope is the dopamine

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

40 Proof Listerine posted:

I'm very glad the short range scope bolt actions and semi auto snipers exist because otherwise being restricted to Scout Rifles and SMGs for my Infiltrator days would be very one note

I'm no good with the bolt actions and landing three headshots in a row with a 3.4x scope is the dopamine

I'm rusty with cqc bolting because NSO don't get one, but I had a good run the other night on TR against a gaggle of newbies on Connery. I find that when I'm in tune with the weapon rechamber time for my next shot I feel unstoppable and cool, and when I'm not I feel like a clumsy idiot throwing ammo past everyone while leaving myself open to get shot in the face.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

How the hell are people getting sunderers onto the top of those giant tower things on Oshur?

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Ronwayne posted:

How the hell are people getting sunderers onto the top of those giant tower things on Oshur?

By using ANVILs from the outfit resource tab. If you're in an outfit most of the toys there are most likely restricted to officer/leader use only.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Rexxed posted:

32K according to fisu:
https://ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=rexxed&show=statistics

Last few years I've mainly been playing on my NSO but he's on VS now, too. 48k there but I just hit ASP 3 BR 100 so I'm trying to play NC and VS characters a bit more since they're ASP 2 BR 93 or 94.
https://ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=wrackwither&show=statistics

As you can see, I'm not that great but I'm always trying to do better. It's hard to move the KDR up when you've got that many kills and deaths already so I don't worry about it too much. Above 1.0 seems to be above average for this game and I'm too old to be a high KDR guy. I'm also not as choosy as they are about fights, I try to play objectives and also do my missions which often hurts your overall KDR. I took a lot of time off in 2021-2022 but they got me back in with the Halloween event in 2022. Even when I'm not playing much I still tend to log in and cycle through my guys every day for the passive membership certs and sometimes do an easy mission or two. Dailies are insidious and I'm definitely the kind of person they keep busy in all kinds of games.

https://ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=hajj&show=statistics

lord help me

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Wow, 19K kills with the Betelgeuse and 7.7K with the PPA on a scythe! This man knows how to farm.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

What's a good way to deal with the construction base assaults on Oshur

I was on a low population Oshur last night and it was just constant Flail bombardments on Wakefield Beach from the other two factions

I guess the question is "how do you deal with The Flail" beyond "don't stand in the poop"?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

40 Proof Listerine posted:

What's a good way to deal with the construction base assaults on Oshur

I was on a low population Oshur last night and it was just constant Flail bombardments on Wakefield Beach from the other two factions

I guess the question is "how do you deal with The Flail" beyond "don't stand in the poop"?

There's not a lot to be done about it at the moment. It's got a range of 600m max and has to have a person shoot a dart to target it, so you can get further away or kill the stalker infiltrator that's doing the targeting, but both of those are difficult. Usually the only indication you have of the owner dropping in with a new targeting dart is a plane going overhead that they bail out of and stealth while they fall. I think right now, often it just takes someone getting mad enough to go after the flail base but a lot of Oshur bases become huge now since people will just drop more walls and enlarge them over time.

On reddit there was an image of Wrel saying the fail is going to be nerfed, Howler mining lasers getting nerfed (they used to be bad and slow at killing construction, but I guess I haven't tried them in Fortification), Kingsnake is being nerfed, and Helios is getting rebalanced:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/13stefk/praise_the_lord_i_cant_wait/

I'm hoping there's not a huge overcorrection, the dev team has a habit of overdoing a nerf and then never looking at it again. RIP ZOE maxes. Even NC maxes got buffed to not be total poo poo like 2-3 years after their big nerf and are in a... reasonable place right now. Not that I'm a fan of maxes in general. The Kingsnake is one of the highest dps tank guns right now but I think the lightning version is the one that's way better than the other faction specific tank guns.

The flail used to be entirely stopped by skyshields on construction bases, but it was the old big skyshield that was its own module that doesn't exist anymore. Right now you can only add the new skyshield modules to command centers, orbital strike uplinks, and rebirthing centers. There was supposed to be another construction building called a sentinel relay that still shows on their tooltip as well, but it wasn't put into the game. Also the new skyshields don't seem to provide much protection against flails. With the old one it was nearly invulnerable to it, so opponents would have to first use a Glaive IPC to disable the shield, then use the flail to damage the buildings. I've been killed under a new skyshield but I don't know if it's because the rounds come in at an angle and the shield was up high, or if they're just not as effective at stopping the flail.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Rexxed posted:

Flail chat and nerf chat

That makes sense on the Kingsnake, it's got a 2 second reload on a 1600 damage combo shot versus the 3-4 second reloads on the other Lightning guns so that's probably what they're going to target

I got the Helios unlocked on one character and it's not too bad, I think probably if they're changing anything on it they might make the burst fire a little tighter in ADS

I'll look into unlocking skyshields, the construction module cert sink is long and vast and mostly I just chuck repair and durability modules into other people's bases if they don't have any

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Lima posted:

By using ANVILs from the outfit resource tab. If you're in an outfit most of the toys there are most likely restricted to officer/leader use only.

welp, I'm like the last active member of the group i think, and not a leader. I should join one but I don't want to tend up with the sort of squad leads who personally insult you for failing.

We all have our coping mechanisms, when I get overwhelmed I just slap a bunch of c-4 to a flash and drive around feeling existential and making tanks and sundies be existential.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 13:06 on May 29, 2023

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Oh boy, more TR nazi guilds, and me awkwardly trying to tell people over squad chat that those three linked triangles of the "brotherhood of tyr" guild are NOT a triforce varient.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Wrel's leaving Rogue Planet Games. It does make me a little worried for the future of the game but I assume they'll continue to develop it as long as it makes some money.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=333dst0Nf6E

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

I remember when I last played I think he was making what people seemed to hold as generally good changes/improvements, but now on reddit and ingame people seem to be overall negative on his contributions. Not really sure as I had a big multi year gap but was the "good things were happening" feelings not universal?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Spiteski posted:

I remember when I last played I think he was making what people seemed to hold as generally good changes/improvements, but now on reddit and ingame people seem to be overall negative on his contributions. Not really sure as I had a big multi year gap but was the "good things were happening" feelings not universal?

The general community blames Wrel for anything they don't like. Combined Arms Initiative was the big one that people point to their dislike of, but it became regular just to blame Wrel for whatever isn't working or you're unhappy about. I kind of think that the game might not have held up with so much new stuff for so long without him being interested in it, though. It feels like you have to have at least one person with a passion for doing stuff to keep an older game going.

Things can get dicey when there's new developers working on an older game. I know when I quit Ultima Online back in the day (2003 or something), they had gone and changed a big part of how the game worked, turning items (which were the basic stuff that the game came with, not that valuable) into multi-stat monstrosities. Also they made it so you could insure your items for some paltry fee and no longer lose them when dying, taking a full loot MMO where there was some danger into a not at all dangerous loot accumulation thing/item collection thing. It was a dramatic change that took a while to figure out but it ultimately changed the very basics of how the game worked and made it worse.

I sort of doubt a new dev team will rock the boat that hard with Planetside 2 but it seems like there's always some danger when someone new steps in. Sometimes it's good when they take a look at and fix old bugs people have been complaining about for years, but sometimes it's bad if they change something people like because they don't have the context of the history of the thing they're working on. Plus like with all game development it seems like the corporate suits will demand big releases to drive people to pick the game up/return to the game. Guess we'll see how it goes.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

I didn't hear of Wrel before today and he must have been doing something right because I bounced off the game pretty hard 10 years ago and now I'm into it pretty good because they've ironed out most of the kinks these kind of shooters have

You can do pretty much whatever on whatever class and still contribute to caps which owns

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

I think a lot of the complaints about wrel are that all balance changes after him seem to be nerfs and that his perspective of the game is as a solo player on TR.

Kind of the running joke was if you see wrel don't kill him with a gun you like.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ronwayne posted:

Oh boy, more TR nazi guilds, and me awkwardly trying to tell people over squad chat that those three linked triangles of the "brotherhood of tyr" guild are NOT a triforce varient.

yeah I noticed that too, asking about it got an instant kick from platoon

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

I signed on a couple years ago when the Bastion air carrier launched and found the same ol' ESF spam I've endured since launch, except it was even worse because for some reason infantry AV launchers were nerfed across the board and all the ground AA options were just as flaccid as I remember. Base building looked like it was taken out of the oven too early to be useful. I see Oshur is out now and base construction got a bunch of fleshed out options, but is the overall game experience any better or different now?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

novaSphere posted:

I signed on a couple years ago when the Bastion air carrier launched and found the same ol' ESF spam I've endured since launch, except it was even worse because for some reason infantry AV launchers were nerfed across the board and all the ground AA options were just as flaccid as I remember. Base building looked like it was taken out of the oven too early to be useful. I see Oshur is out now and base construction got a bunch of fleshed out options, but is the overall game experience any better or different now?

It depends on how you look at it, since folks have different tolerance for whatever. Air to ground ESFs got a small nerf recently where the TR Banshee and NC air hammer have less AOE range. I don't find them getting spammed too much when a base isn't also already sieged by a lot of dudes, but it does still happen, and I often just stop what I'm doing and counter it (usually if I died and I'm mad about it, because like you I got blasted to death by air a ton at release and hate it). NC got a new anti-materiel rifle called the Masthead that has a flak burst which helps make planes gently caress off, VS actually got a small nerf since the Lancer does a little less damage to aircraft (its damage changed type), but you can still hurt them with it, NSO maxes got a buff since the Hummingbird weapon has way more air time and acceleration now, and TR still has the Striker faction launcher. VS kind of has it the worst but since I play a lot of NSO the hummingbird buff has been amazing. Also, for all factions the annihilator still has a faster lock-on than other launchers. It can't dumbfire and does a bit less damage but planes usually go away if you get a couple of them off on them. All maxes are now 350 nanites to pull but can't be ressed as well, so pulling bursters can still work and is cheaper if you don't mind that you might die. Since I play solo most of the time I expect to die pulling a max so it hasn't made much of a difference for me.

Construction revamp just went in and it takes some time to figure out of it's good. So far I like it in general, but it could use some tweaks. Basically, there are more building types and while each one provides less protection overall, putting down more "stuff" does help make the base able to be fought at and it both provides defenders a framework while not being airtight and full of AI turrets as before to make it killable for attackers (there's no automated turrets besides the little engineer one now). Generally the rampart walls lost their one-way shield and skyshields are smaller and attached to specific buildings so that's less protective, but there are new tall walls with a curved top to give some added protection that are pretty good as well as new buildings and revamped buildings for safe spawns (Command Center and Rebirthing Center can be attacked and have enemies in them but both have a safe room with spawn tubes). The Flail is really strong right now but it's probably getting a bit of a nerf soon.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

fwiw, I am a bad player and still manage to get a lot of anti-air kills as a Heavy using the Annihilator. Valkyrie kills are rare since for some reason they have more hits than MBTs, but I can often drive off 1-2 ESFs by myself even if no one else is shooting at them.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

I remember pulling an Annihilator out and being shocked it couldn't even oneshot a Flash anymore, let alone pose any seeming threat to the Harassers zipping around still killing everything like I remembered. I haven't given NSO much of a shot since IIRC they were gated by membership when I tried it out last, but I guess it's worth another shot to play with base building. Thanks for the info.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

I've never used the Annihilator, how does it compare to the Swarm for VS? I love killing pilots with it, in fact I go out of my way to kill every pilot I see usually.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Grognan posted:

yeah I noticed that too, asking about it got an instant kick from platoon

Uh. :stare:

In my experience, NC, for its many, many faults, at least tells people to stfu when they get TR level racist.

The Demilich posted:

I've never used the Annihilator, how does it compare to the Swarm for VS? I love killing pilots with it, in fact I go out of my way to kill every pilot I see usually.

It works good as long as you can keep distance, as you can see above it worked well on me. If you can drop a squad beacon next to a tower or get a light assault to plant one for you somewhere high so you can drop in, you can troll the absolute poo poo out of both planes and armor nonstop, even if its hard to land a kill shot on your own. It shines when you're playing hit and run, either in a wide open space or defending against a big vehicle push.

You're better off with something dumbfire capable if you are anywhere near vehicles on foot because they will charge at you and you're going to feel very silly not being able to shoot the tank 3 feet in front of you.

Also all bets are off if you meet one of the crazies who is skilled at running people over with a fighter.

Now that I think about it I might need to try slapping c-4 to a fighter and 9/11ing some sundies in hard to reach places

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 05:33 on May 31, 2023

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

The Demilich posted:

Swarm does more damage but it has three rockets and a bit longer lock on time. All three need to hit to have more damage but you're more likely to hit with some of them. Annihilator locks on faster and does less damage (with the one rocket vs. three). Neither can dumbfire. I use the decimator for my normal heavy launcher, but I switch to a lock on one if there's ESFs pelting me. For carrying a launcher around I prefer a dumbfire one since I'll shoot it at anything given the chance and I've gotten good at the arc on the decimator, but for specifically going after air anything works, faction G2A launcher, Swarm, Annihilator, or whatever. You can even hit them with dumbfire stuff. I like to shoot at planes with the Masamune shotgun mode if I can, but it's one of those things where you feel like a real cool badass if three or four rockets hit and feel stupid if you whiff all four past a liberator or something.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Annihilators seem to really shine when you get 3-4 people using them to volley fire. I have a 15% accuracy rate with most small arms, but 75% with the Annihilator. It's also a fairly fast-firing rocket launcher, so if a squad has a cluster of missiles going out every 5-6 seconds you can churn through hostile aircraft pretty quickly.

Except for Liberators. Because Liberators can fly so high they most sit outside of range unless you're directly underneath them, and they have more hitpoints than main battle tanks. Everyone complains about ESFs but I feel like I can do something about them. The only counter to Liberators seems to be ESFs.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

I'm glad VR Training exists to let you demo things because the launchers that don't have lock on capabilities also appear to sink like rocks with terrible sights sometimes

Unstable ammunition on VS is also the funniest thing because it compensates for my terrible aim, been having a good time with the Ursa LMG

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Hotfix for today (yes they take the servers down for hotfixes because they still don't know what the term means):
https://www.planetside2.com/patch-notes/may-31-pc-hotfix-2023

quote:

MAY 31, 2023 - PC HOTFIX

All PC servers will come down for the following update on Wednesday, May 31st, at 6:00am PT (3:00pm CET). The downtime for this update is expected to last up to 2 hours.
--

Construction
The Durability Module now provides increased damage resistance from tank shells and Air to Ground weaponry
Increased damage resistance for construction objects from the Yellowjacket and the Howler mining lasers
When a silo is destroyed it will no longer consume Cortium from all nearby structures. It will only consume Cortium from the structures below.

Ammo Tower
Routing Spire
Vehicle Gate
Recon Array
Dev Note: This change will aide in the ability to get a base up and running again after a silo has been destroyed, and a new silo is constructed.

Facility Silos now accept Cortium deposits
The Pillbox and Spear AV Turret construction objects now accept modules
Fix in place to prevent flickering on the Command Center's Skywall Shield
Dev Note: We will monitor this and adjust as needed

ANTs now have the Gate Shield Diffuser as a Utility slot option
The Solid Wall construction object no longer decays when in range of Silo with Cortium
Repair Modules now affect the Solid Wall construction object
Module Dispenser no longer takes damage from friendly fire
Module Dispenser now shows the correct interaction prompt when access is restricted
The Vehicle Gate's shield FX now despawns with the Vehicle Gate
Command Center terminals no longer take damage
Updated Routing Spire terminal texture
Removed a potential secondary floating terminal screen from the Routing Spire
Orbital Strike Uplink now displays damage FX
Glave and Flail interaction terminals are easier to access
While in an ANT, the nearest Silo's HUD indicator icon will clamp to the edge of the client/screen
Cortium Silo's building FX now last for the entire build time

NS-D Helios
Switching to and from the Helios now plays the appropriate animation
Reloading the Helios now plays the correct animation
HS/NV scope added to the Helios
3.4x and infrared scopes are now positioned correctly on the rail
ADS adjustments for a more accurate CoF
Burst mode's initial shots are now more accurate while in ADS
Alternate fire reload now uses the correct animation timing
Alternate fire mode CoF is now more accurate for both hip fire and while ADS
Alternative fire mode direct and indirect damage output has been decreased
Extended Magazine now increases the magazine size by 50
Converted the Forward Grip attachment to a Comfort Grip
Primary and alternate fire modes now use common movement speed adjustments
Applies to both ADS and while the Helios is carried at the hip
Weapon unequip time has been increased
5 Round burst now has a HUD fire mode icon
Tool-tip icon is no longer low res

Apex SMGs
Kills with Apex SMGs now contribute to class directives requiring SMG kills
Iron sights for the AF-4 Cyclone and PMG-100 are no longer misaligned

Planetside 20-Year Legacy Directive Event
Focused Assault: Only kills during Meltdown alerts count towards progress
Directive events have now been localized in French and Russian

Misc. Changes, Fixes, and Additions
Removed recent work regarding point lights and particle illumination
This will address numerous accounts of flickering particles, intensely bright lights, and possible performance dips when in range of particles being illuminated by point lights
Oshur: Added Unstable Meltdown to possible alerts
Oshur: Alerts will now trigger quicker under low population conditions
UI: Report Player option is now accessible from the Support menu
UI: Place-able items now tint appropriately
UI: Settings: Reticle tinting now has a Reset to Default option
UI: Settings: Chat Background Opacity slider now has an accurate tool-tip
UI: The Construction Preview on the ANT's loadout screen is no longer enabled while re-deploying
This button was previously unresponsive while in this state
Missions: Construction tutorial missions no longer appear after completion
Anti-Material and Bolt-Action rifles now play the correct reload animation when the magazine is empty
Esamir: Esper Research Station's spawn point is now named correctly
Attachments: Heavy Barrel movement speed reduction is now percentage based (reducing the overall movement penalty)
Deathnaught Helmet: Camos no longer affect the eye section
L2-100 Kingsnake's reload speed has been slightly increased
Various item description updates
FX have been applied to Routers allowing better visibility from a distance
Removed an "@" symbol from displaying as a capture point on the HUD while in VR
Air resupply pads at Tannae Power Base now function correctly
Updated localization pass to account for various strings
Removed several inaccessible Cortium nodes on Oshur

Most of the fixes look good, and I like that the durability module will make construction more resistant to tank shells. Not sure about the Helios changes, the alt-fire was too strong and the normal fire was bad, so not using numbers to describe the new alt-fire is a definite choice.

I actually really like that they added the Apex weapons to the directives for the main weapon categories. I've barely touched the PMG-100 on NSO but I like the Apex version. It's not as strong as some SMGs but it has put in some work for me. They could do this with more of the cosmetic variants and I wouldn't complain. It's always been weird that the NS black and gold versions of stuff was in a main weapon directive but not the platinum or other weird variants (frostbite or networked, etc.)

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

One of the devs posted the new Helios numbers on reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/13w7q1i/comment/jma54uu/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

quote:

NS-D Helios:

Firing while aiming down sights is now far more accurate during the initial shots of a burst.

Alternate fire reload now uses the correct 1sec. rechamber as the primary firemode.

Alternate firemode CoF bloom from 0.2 to 0.1 from the hip.

Alternate fire direct damage from 450 to 200.

Alternate fire indirect max damage from 450 to 400.

Extended Magazine now increases magazine size by 50, instead of 150.

Primary and alternate firemodes now uses common movement speed penalties from the hip and while aiming, 1x and 0.5x respectively.

Weapon unequip time from 0.25sec. to 0.5sec.

L2-100 Kingsnake:

Increased reload speed from 2.00 to 2.75s

Since the original numbers on the Helios alt fire were 450 for both you could hit someone for 900 damage and set them on fire, so this will bring it in a bit. Not sure about the rechamber timer being 1 second, sounds long but it might be reasonable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
resubbed to Daybreak for Everquest and have been playing some PSide on the side. Game is generally good, but I still manage to end up in completely lopsided 80/20 fights or unfun hellgrinds at The Crown or The Ascent most of the time :shepface: I've tweaked the map quite a bit to find the good fights but I guess I still have yet to hone my PSide senses.

picked up the Lasher on my VS guy, it's a fun gun for softening up targets at various choke points. always wanted one since planetside 1.