Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

He's from Dallas so a lot of fans watched him in high shcool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

He would look good with Luka setting him up as well and they need a decent big

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

jackofarcades posted:

He's from Dallas so a lot of fans watched him in high shcool

that's a much better reason than i was expecting

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Dallas already has Christian Wood.. oh, right. I guess not any more!

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

Lockback posted:

Mo Williams was a good pickup for what they got, and they came really close to trading for Amare which would have probably been a title team, imo.
Oh wow that would of been real fun to watch. What was the near-trade?

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
The fun thing about Dallas is every fan wants them to get rid of Dwight Powell and THJ but every advanced stat says those two were much better than every other role player, while the real problems were Reggie Bullock and Maxi Kleber

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Panzeh posted:

Dallas already has Christian Wood.. oh, right. I guess not any more!

Yeah what’s up with him now?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Amare miss for Cleveland was really bad because it was they refused to include JJ loving Hickson in the deal because he dominated a bunch of assholes in Summer League as a third year player so he was clearly ready to be a star

Yeah, LeBron being good so quick made things difficult but that front office had some real good opportunities that they completely whiffed on

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

why the H*LL is there no ball tonight??????

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

why the H*LL is there no ball tonight??????

it is VERY rude!

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Borrego seemed good at out of bounds plays and drawing up situational stuff and less good at the systemic things, though I know poo poo all about X’s and O’s. He should be just fine in a lead assistant role.

I would have been OK if they kept him on another year in Charlotte but do feel like Atkinson would have been an upgrade. Love Clifford for being a steady hand and have always enjoyed his low-bullshit approach but he’s what he is, an emergency hire.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

KurdtLives posted:

Oh wow that would of been real fun to watch. What was the near-trade?

Cleveland gives up Hickson, Big Z ( who'd be cut and return to Cleveland in 30 days) and some kind of draft compensation. So giving up nothing. This was right before the big free agent summer when Lebron went to Miami, so maybe Lebron stays of he's next to Amar'e?

Instead they got Antawn Jamison, who honestly makes sense from a "get Lebron guys who space the floor" but turns out there was a reason he was given away for nothing.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

Lockback posted:

Antawn Jamison

There's a throwback name. Man, I googled him just to look at some of his career stats and one of the suggested questions was "Is Antawn Jamison a hall of famer?" to which the answer was "Jamison is one of 2 players to score over 20,000 points and not be in the HoF (the other is Tom Chambers)".

I loved me some Antawn Jamison on the dubs, but no way imo is he a HoF'er.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
oh my god jj Hickson was literally worse than harden on defense :cripes:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Hickson had stone hands which is really bad if people try to play you as some uber pick and roll monster

I do think it was hilarious Hickson got eventually traded for a protected Kings first rounder that never conveyed because Sacramento was always so bad

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

kingcobweb posted:

Yeah what’s up with him now?

Kidd didn't really like the fact that he played no defense, he's still his usually good self on offense.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
wow how the gently caress did i get here

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

TheKevman posted:

There's a throwback name. Man, I googled him just to look at some of his career stats and one of the suggested questions was "Is Antawn Jamison a hall of famer?" to which the answer was "Jamison is one of 2 players to score over 20,000 points and not be in the HoF (the other is Tom Chambers)".

50 points back to back. Including this one:

https://twitter.com/NBAFantasy/status/1070724550650982400?s=20

I should still have my Jamison jersey somewhere. Loved that dude. Definitely not a HOF player though.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Panzeh posted:

Kidd didn't really like the fact that he played no defense, he's still his usually good self on offense.

They weren't as bad on defense as you'd expect but also not as good on offense as you'd expect (partially because Wood doesn't really set good screens and also because he tends to not space out to the 3 point line as much as you'd like)

None of the lineups the Mavs trotted out even had 200 minutes but the Mavs played consistently better with Powell on the court

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

jackofarcades posted:

The fun thing about Dallas is every fan wants them to get rid of Dwight Powell and THJ but every advanced stat says those two were much better than every other role player, while the real problems were Reggie Bullock and Maxi Kleber

I don't want them to get rid of THJ! There aren't enough shooters on the team as is, and even if THJ is jacking it, at least he's occasionally hitting something. Kleber, meanwhile... man, I don't even know what Kleber does. It was funny when the team was trying to be All Dirks, but we're past that point now.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

TheKevman posted:

Basketball HOF considers your college career, no? Jamison played 3 years at UNC and was a two time All American and National Player of the Year in 98

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Slowpoke! posted:

Basketball HOF considers your college career, no? Jamison played 3 years at UNC and was a two time All American and National Player of the Year in 98

It does but really only matters if you’re one of the unquestioned greatest college players of all time, and even then that’s more for guys from an era when college ball had more prestige. We’ll never see the Bill Bradley hall of fame arc again.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Like Michael Beasley was one of the greatest college players I've ever seen. He will not make the hall.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

you guys will be eating your words during Boo Buie's induction ceremony honoring his 12 year college career.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I feel like it's something you look at with Melo as a feather in the cap of his already rock solid case with the gold metals to shut up the "but he never won anything" crowd.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Dexo posted:

Like Michael Beasley was one of the greatest college players I've ever seen. He will not make the hall.

Not the basketball hall of fame, no. But what about the weed hall of fame

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

super cool beas

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

He's in the sports gif HOF

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Michael Beasley once ate ice cream with waffle fries instead of a spoon.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Mr. F! posted:

He is an innovator

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Mr. F! posted:

my king

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Mr. F! posted:

Every goon who's ever eaten Wendy's fries by dipping them into a Frosty just started nodding at this post.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
going to evaluate jímy's dog levels in person tonight

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

ex post facho posted:

jimmys dog about to meet nikolas dog whistle

wait

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Dexo posted:

He is an innovator

If you think of any NBA player as a junk food mastermind it would be Michael Beasely or Javale Mcgee

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Traxis posted:

is that... Anthony Tolliver??? Why do I know this????

e yes I know that is super cool beas also

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

If you think of any NBA player as a junk food mastermind it would be Michael Beasely or Javale Mcgee

I bet Luka could hook you up with some insane eastern euro snacks

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

ex post facho posted:

evaluate lowry's assets while you are at

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

kingcobweb posted:

I bet Luka could hook you up with some insane eastern euro snacks

Some like sour cream and plum poo poo on a fritter with garlic and somehow it tastes great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

Traxis posted:

This is missing the next part where he pauses and touches Tolliver’s knee again on purpose