Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

oh no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Of all the awful things Cope has done...

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I thought there was plot armor where is the plot armor.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Dog good. People bad.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Two pages! Pantoffel is pretty light on her feet

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I guess she'll never be the paw of a major corporation

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
OH NO.

I demand she be given cool pymaric replacements for services rendered to the crown!

Also, drat, Prakhuta is gonna be jealous of Sette.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Skippy McPants posted:

Dog good. People bad.
Counterpoint: dogs are people, and therefore, bad.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Dogs are not people; dogs are better than people.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Dogs are guaranteed to be better than the average unsounded character

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Does that average noticeably change if we get rid of Duane?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

death is the dog's crime

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Mindblast posted:

I thought there was plot armor where is the plot armor.

I thought I remembered that too, but it was probably something I read like "Pant won't die because she is a good dog" but that doesn't mean "she won't get horribly maimed and half her legs bitten off", because it's Unsounded.

Also possible that I just misremembered or that Cope changed her mind.

Flavahbeast posted:

death is the dog's crime

Ugh, but lol.

In other news, Ashley said she came up with some new ideas to finish off book one, and as a result the current chapter 17 would get to bloated, so it's likely to cut off a little early then finish up with an extra chapter 18, which may be a bit shorter than a normal chapter, basically a conclusion and epilogue. That would mean another break, but also more story in book 1, so I'll take the tradeoff.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
two hints from Cope in the past that may or may not have been bullshitting us, and one thing we know for a fact

1) the other week she was drawing Toma when he believes he's lost absolutely everything
2) wheelchair grandma is supposed to have a proper kickass scene
3) we know incomic that ROGER FOI HELLICK is still technically alive in the bunker

what I'm saying is, wheelchair grandma is going to save Pantoffel by blowing up Bloedlus' aspect reserves or something (and this being a khert fire, possibly dying in the process)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Rumors of Captain Toma's survival may have been... premature.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Just occured to me after seeing the Khert ghosts that Karl probably died off-screen in the bombing, the smarmy little git :mad:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

DrSnakeLaser posted:

Just occured to me after seeing the Khert ghosts that Karl probably died off-screen in the bombing, the smarmy little git :mad:

Sonorie had him hauled off to some storage closet, so if he's still in the bunker he could be alive.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Most people lose their identities in the khert when they die, so the khert ghosts probably aren't literally those people, unless they explained how the silver changes that up. Or their memories are still fresh and pre-dissolution. Still, the ghosts seem more to be basing themselves off whatever memories they pick up from you that can gently caress you up the most, regardless if the people are living or dead. Bell thinks Karl is dead (for Bell's ambitions, like the other ghosts in that panel), so the khert is taunting him with that (though whether Bell has enough conscience to care anymore is another question).

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Hell yeah, here comes Chekhov's shield. Bell gon' git squished.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
loving around:

Finding out:

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Ashley, all is forgiven.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Nice throat buttholes, Bell.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I guess he'll never be the upper half of a major corporation

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
A rank like General is so much work you practically have to be in two places at once.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I am enjoying the adventures of Mug.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

bell was simply beside himself with hubris

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I mean, you could immediately tell he was coming apart.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

yeah, it was obvious he was just too clever by half

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Antigravitas posted:

I am enjoying the adventures of Mug.

destroying bell's rebellion and legacy with a single button push

lol

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
A very divisive figure.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Bell got loving cut in half. Wooo!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Did everyone read all the pages though?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Fabricated posted:

Did everyone read all the pages though?

Yes. Losing Pantoffel sucks, but good things happen so rarely in this comic that I'm focusing on dead Bell, which is very good.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
the smug two toes haha

ding dong

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

shirts and skins posted:

the smug two toes haha

ding dong
Murderous Too Old For This poo poo inak is my favourite character.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

shirts and skins posted:

the smug two toes haha

ding dong

Having the time of his life.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
"What if your horse was also your dog" is a concept too emotionally powerful and fraught to have been loosed on the world, imo

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I hope Flann (the blue Inak) joins the main cast. He's way too metal to fall out of the story after the current catastrophe is over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

GunnerJ posted:

"What if your horse was also your dog" is a concept too emotionally powerful and fraught to have been loosed on the world, imo
It's pretty scary to imagine your best friend running up to greet you at the door only to see some ants and drop dead.