Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar

Arcanuse posted:

it looks somewhat neat, but that has to be some of the most lacking firearm sound effects I've heard.

Anywho, I think Disfigure was brought up here before? It's released now. And free, with option to donate coming later.
I remember liking the demo, so hoping the full thing is good.

This is fun! It has some Crimsonland vibes, which are the best kind of vibes. Thanks for sharing!

Spermanent Record fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jul 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
Doh.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Working on getting all the level 100 cheevos in Halls and I just had a run where I got to 99 on the cleric :negative:

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009
I was able to clear a level 100 achievement with the suggestions here! Knowing that bundled EXP is worth more so doing that while maximizing offense makes sense. I did have to do the Viaducts in the end just because the XP density is so much higher there.

Failboattootoot posted:

Working on getting all the level 100 cheevos in Halls and I just had a run where I got to 99 on the cleric :negative:

Honestly the Cleric one is the most annoying just because it bottlenecks finding out two other achievements! I got one of them naturally (apply 50,000 debuffs) trying to get them to 100 though.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

K8.0 posted:

I bought the full version of Halls of Torment and I'm pretty sure they did change some things. It's much easier, doesn't feel like I need perfect RNG to maintain sufficient damage, and gold gains are substantially higher. If anyone else felt the prelude was too statistically punishing, do be aware the release version feels wonderfully paced.

I think it's unpleasantly slow getting started but once progress starts to ramp up it really gets going in a satisfactory way.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
for halls of torment basically any damage quest can be cheesed by using the immortal ghosts on stage 3

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Greedland coming Aug 4'ish:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NJoOEEKAeQ

doos
Jan 1, 2015

I missed out on the initial Vampire Survivors zeitgeist from last year, but I just hit the credits, and holy poo poo that was loving awesome. Now just like 21 more DLC unlocks and I'm truly caught up.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Congratulations!

And that's at least one of the purposes of these threads, so everybody can have their own moment in the sun when they get around to it.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

My friend was over the other day and he showed me a pretty broken build. Broken enough to start walking through walls and buildings.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
No love for Timewasters and Army of Ruin for the genre recommendations? Timewasters especially gets updated like every week.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FrickenMoron posted:

No love for Timewasters and Army of Ruin for the genre recommendations? Timewasters especially gets updated like every week.

Time wasters is fun but the new challenges they added all kind of suck.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Solenna posted:

My friend was over the other day and he showed me a pretty broken build. Broken enough to start walking through walls and buildings.

Thats only "mildly" broken.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Gotta pump those numbers up. Those are rookie numbers in this racket.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jul 31, 2023

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Mierenneuker posted:

this was from a while back, there are probably way more broken things now

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

Good god this game gets way more ridiculous than I ever thought.

But I am also not entirely surprised by that.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Solenna posted:

Good god this game gets way more ridiculous than I ever thought.

Thread title

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Has anyone played heroes v hordes? I primarily play vslikes on my iphone and that one caught my notice. I like the art but it feels like baby’s first VS clone, with less levels, weapons, and buffing items than any other VS type game.

And a large amount of free 2 play, pay 2 win content that has been a huge turnoff.

Brotato was fun for a while but after having done a bunch of runs and unlocked a lot of stuff, i am not hugely interested in replaying it endlessly. The runs get kinda samey, and the weapons arent differentiated enough.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if you don't care about leaving the game idle for a couple hours when you're out or sleeping then it seems like the most you can break the game is to use sigma to egg boost big trouser, then once he's stronger just farm with trouser. once he's at like 300k eggs everything is hosed up very bad and you can go through a lot of barriers and make the maps repeat infinitely or just look all messed up. and while doing that or standing still in focari or the bone zone you will make a lot more money for eggs to make it go faster and faster. you can become more and more terribly powerful until you get bored and stop since there's no reason to do it. i dunno if any game changes have changed this since like 4 months ago though. just ran around for bit and quit out, not caring to maximize damage or anything but trying to keep from the game slowing down which maybe it doesn't do anymore?

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Halls of Torment added a new update to the beta branch.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2218750?updates=true&emclan=103582791473018148&emgid=3649655808298089597

Notable are a new map, the first of two new characters, two new skills and a hard mode called "Agony Mode".

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
You don't even need to leave VS idle to farm anymore. One of the new characters can obtain millions of gold and thousands of levels within minutes.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Oh I am on the beta branch, that explains why I had an update to download. Will have to try it out once I get back from work.

bobmagic
May 12, 2001

Mierenneuker posted:

:smug:

https://i.imgur.com/T6czEtt.mp4

This had to be some sort of bug that I think was due to an interaction between the question mark character's +max HP on level up and the arcana that gives +damage for missing health. I was honestly surprised the stats screen actually had the capability to show tera-/peta-/exa- prefixes but obviously something broke with the character level and enemies defeated sections.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
I was considering picking up Spirit Hunters: Infinite Horde as one of the few I found on Nintendo Switch, primarily for playing handheld before bed. Is it worth my time in that format? The alternative being just a cheaper game on my pc and mild inconvenience.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

spirit hunters is like mid-tier for me. it isnt bad but it isnt a standout either.

if you are asking if the switch version specifically works well then i have no idea.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I did like how the updates gave me more reason to pick different builds with character challenges and how every weapon became more interesting by having mods that become available after a certain amount of upgrades. But at the end of the day Spirit Hunters is just a mediocre game in the genre with very floaty combat (further enhanced by the absence of animations). The gigantic upgrade tree, clearly inspired by Path of Exile, makes for a very unsatisfactory meta-progression system. Yes, it does make a difference eventually, it just doesn't feel great.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
Thanks, leaning towards pc or sale now.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

And that's a wrap for Boneraiser Minions!

It's definitely an acquired taste - I bounced off the game several times before really "getting" it, but I'm glad that I stuck with it. Still waiting on Scarlet Tower to cough up that promised big update before going back and trying that one again, so now I'm in-between survivors-likes. I'm sure it won't last for long though, as it usually doesn't.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Aug 1, 2023

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009
Seems like the Halls of Torment beta is out now for anyone wanting to try it. They're still working on it, but it sounds like part of the biome, one character, two skills, and a new status effect ("Frost") are in, as well as the auto-scaling AGONY system.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2218750?emclan=103582791473018148&emgid=3649655808298089597

quote:

Agony is but the first step in making the game more challenging. It will start out just as the normal game and scales up based on your performance. When Agony mode is active following things will happen:
Randomized Champions will spawn and drop additional loot
Health and Enemy amount are increasing based on performance
Increased Gold rewards

The agony mode will also get new unlocks once we work out the kinks. For now your main focus will probably be on the drops of champions, as they will enable you more customization in the dungeon itself. You can find uncommon equipment, which are improved versions of regular equipment that can’t be retrieved. But not only that, champions can also drop bottles, ability scrolls and if you are lucky… a bucket?!

I'm going to stay off of it to avoid spoiling myself and try to get the last two item unlocks -- the Archer "walk a lot " one and the Priest "survive for 20 minutes without any health regen" one that I just found out about since it was covered by the Level 100 Priest achievement.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Become Dog via the now at 1.0 Diebrary

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1619420/Diebrary/

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Finally got a win with One-Armed. Went with Ghost Axe until I got lucky and picked up Excalibur on Wave 14 and it was pretty much easy mode after that. 1900 damage with .2s cooldown.

Now I've just got to figure Jack out.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
In awe and happy that somebody got to live the One-Armed dream pull.

I think Jack's just shop and level rng to get a really strong tank build going. Or blessed DPS, he makes both harder and unpleasant to do, a true everyman.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Doomykins posted:

In awe and happy that somebody got to live the One-Armed dream pull.

I think Jack's just shop and level rng to get a really strong tank build going. Or blessed DPS, he makes both harder and unpleasant to do, a true everyman.

It showed up after Wave 11 and I audibly gasped. I had to save up to get it, and it was everything I'd hoped it would be. Killed the boss in less than 10 seconds. Would have been faster but he ran away.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

huh. this is neat
https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/1686784144813047826?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

e:couple other screens

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Aug 2, 2023

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
when do we get to play it

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Having just watched the video about the guy who made VS - where does he get the time to do this too!?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2218400/Greedland/

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
was trying a Battle Grid bullet printing run for the achievement and it ended up being pretty fun

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

was trying a Battle Grid bullet printing run for the achievement and it ended up being pretty fun

They’ve nerfed screenclutter twice so imagine what that used to look like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I keep looking for a new dynasty warriors game then realize that vampire survivors is that game