Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Docjowles posted:

I have never felt more seen. I even drafted Pitts lmao

I think pretty often about the 2021 SA dynasty draft... and I was choosing between Kyle Pitts (as a rookie) and George Kittle. I was very hungover and couldn't decide. I chose Kittle and... I often think about how good that choice makes me feel.

Someday Pitts will make that pick look horrid, but... for now I'm feelin' good for a few years.

speaking of fantasy players -- I should really pick up Kalen Ballage soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

EconDad posted:

speaking of fantasy players -- I should really pick up Kalen Ballage soon.

Do eet

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
He's our league mascot

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Karryon Baggage.

Or as Poque once called him, "Final Fantasy 7 Hands"

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Quiet Feet posted:

Karryon Baggage.

Or as Poque once called him, "Final Fantasy 7 Hands"

In fairness I call everybody FF7 Hands dating back to Charles Rogers (RIP)

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Is Kyler worth picking up in 2qb leagues? He could go back to top 5 stats or is completely washed so i don't know if I should drop Roschon Johnson for him

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Huh, I remember Kalen Ballage. He sucked! Wonder what he's doing these days

He hasn't been on a roster in 2 years :lol: Dynasty is wild

The X-man cometh posted:

Is Kyler worth picking up in 2qb leagues? He could go back to top 5 stats or is completely washed so i don't know if I should drop Roschon Johnson for him

Yeah I would try to find a way to add him in 2QB/SF

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Anyone feel good about Shaheed tonight?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

The X-man cometh posted:

I dunno. I read reports a month ago that said even if he could play this season the Cards were absolutely not going to play him. But maybe that info is outdated. Hard to see him having a big fantasy impact.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Docjowles posted:

Huh, I remember Kalen Ballage.

I can't read his name without hearing it in my head as spoken with Cian Fahey's accent as he tries to tell me how good he was.

Cian Fahey sucked

edit: I have to imagine that the Cardinals are trying to get Marvin Harrison Jr

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

mcmagic posted:

Anyone feel good about Shaheed tonight?

I never feel good about TNF but with six teams on bye things are dire

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

The X-man cometh posted:

Kyler should absolutely be rostered in all SF leagues. Especially if you have IR slots.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I dunno. I read reports a month ago that said even if he could play this season the Cards were absolutely not going to play him. But maybe that info is outdated. Hard to see him having a big fantasy impact.

Considering he has been designated to return, I'd say your info is outdated :v:

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I finally got a trade locked down.

I send Josh Jacobs and Terry McLaurin for Deandre Swift and Justin Jefferson.

Pretty pumped to get Jacobs off my team. He's great but that offense sucks and is just gonna get worse.

Will make my starters in 12-team half-PPR:

1 QB:Jalen Hurts
2 RB: CMC, Breece Hall, Deandre Swift (flex)
3 WR: Justin Jefferson (O), Puka, (Pittman / Zay Flowers / Diontae Johnson)
1 TE: Evan Engram

Finals here I come. The only team I'm afraid of is the one with Tyreek Hill, Achane, David Montgomery, and Amon-Ra.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Sataere posted:

Kyler should absolutely be rostered in all SF leagues. Especially if you have IR slots.

Well sure. But he may not ever start again. If the Cards are planning to move on from him after this season, they risk some big guaranteed money if Kyler starts and gets injured again.

quote:

Here’s the full breakdown of the Murray contract. He has $29.9 million in 2025 compensation that becomes fully guaranteed in March of 2024. Thus, if he suffers an injury this season and can’t pass a physical by March, the Cardinals will be on the hook for his $37 million in 2024 (that’s unavoidable at this point) and another $29.9 million in 2025. (Murray also has another $26.8 million in 2026 injury guarantees.)

Although a trade after 2023, if that’s what would happen, would shift much of the money to a new team, Murray’s new team might not want to take on nearly $67 million, fully guaranteed. Especially if he can’t pass a physical in March.

So the best way to keep their options fully open with Murray is, as Lombardi noted, to keep him off the field.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Would this be a fair trade offer?

I give:
Your choice between Mostert or Montgomery
Your choice between D. Adams, P. Nacua or D. Moore

I get: Kelce

Guy I'm trading with is in the tank and needs to win now, I'm 9-3 (we play 2 games each week, head-to-head and against the median).

Guys my boss too so I don't want to try and screw him but maybe Montgomery and one of those other guys is fair? Only reason I'd offer Mostert is because Montgomery is hurt and he desperately needs to win now, so Mostert might be better than Monty in his situation.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Sataere posted:

Yeah I mean he might not be great but in a SF league someone is starting the likes of Zach Wilson and Daniel Jones. Whoever is playing for the Bears this week is probably on a roster. Kyler's upside is miles above those idiots

And despite their awful record the Cards don't really have Tanking Team Vibes. I'm no longer convinced they are at the point of "intentionally sit a healthy Kyler all year to secure Caleb Williams" like a lot of us thought preseason

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I have a feeling Kelce is going to have extensive injury issues this season given how many he’s had already, not sure if that’s a great trade for you as much as it is for him

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

vaginite posted:

Would this be a fair trade offer?

I give:
Your choice between Mostert or Montgomery
Your choice between D. Adams, P. Nacua or D. Moore

I get: Kelce

Guy I'm trading with is in the tank and needs to win now, I'm 9-3 (we play 2 games each week, head-to-head and against the median).

Guys my boss too so I don't want to try and screw him but maybe Montgomery and one of those other guys is fair? Only reason I'd offer Mostert is because Montgomery is hurt and he desperately needs to win now, so Mostert might be better than Monty in his situation.

I don't think I would do this. And if you do don't send Mostert (especially not Mostert plus another asset). It's possible his role diminishes as the other RBs get healthy but we don't know that yet, and so far he has been what Kelce was last year, singlehandedly winning leagues

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I have a feeling Kelce is going to have extensive injury issues this season given how many he’s had already, not sure if that’s a great trade for you as much as it is for him

Yeah that's kinda why I'm offering downside guys back. I think Monty's got a high injury chance too, and Mostert is gonna fade as soon as Achane is back.

You think it's better if I take Adams off the table and just make a choice between Nacua and Moore? Those are both guys I'm not stoked about starting - I'm holding out hope on Adams. Kelce would be a big upgrade for me though, and any of those guys would be a big upgrade for him.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm not sure you can really say Kelce's going to get injured a lot? I mean he hyperextended his knee in practiced and missed one game, then rolled his ankle on a lovely field and missed a few plays? Not exactly what I'd call injury prone. I think because of his age people are ready to write him off. There are like four tight ends in the league worth having.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

Docjowles posted:

I don't think I would do this. And if you do don't send Mostert (especially not Mostert plus another asset). It's possible his role diminishes as the other RBs get healthy but we don't know that yet, and so far he has been what Kelce was last year, singlehandedly winning leagues

Hmmm ok maybe I'll just hold off. I'd love to get Kelce to not have to play TE roulette - it'd probably bet a lot better for me if he'd take 2 receivers but I don't know if that's a fair offer between those 3 guys. Maybe Adams +.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Anxiously awaiting any Roschon news :f5:

I have Foreman but I really hope Roschon can seize the opportunity soon with Herbert being out.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
My fantasy season has been a tale of two teams

Team 1:
5-1 1st out of 12 and well ahead in points. Only loss was last week where I scored the 2nd most points and lost to weekly high scorer. Some guys currently banged up tho
QB: Herbet, Purdy
RB: CMC, Swift, Kyren (rip), Stevenson
WR: Keenan Allen, Olave, Nacua, Mike Evans
TE: Engram

Team 2:
1-5 and 11th out of 12th. Went 0 RB strategy. Drafted Walker as my RB1. And picked up Kyren. So great! Except...my first 3 WRs were Chase, DeVonta Smith, and Olave who haven't been pulling their weight as first 3 round picks. And then their is Burrow
QB: Burrow, rip Richardson
RB: Walker, Kyren, Herbert
WR: Chase, Olave, Smith
TE: god only knows I've picked up and played so many. Think I'm trying this Mayer kid next

Team 2 looked good on paper...but that is fantasy football for you

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

Docjowles posted:

I have Achane on IR too if that adds any context, though it's been amazing to have both so if one gets hurt the other is guaranteed to go off.

e: yeah after saying that I really like having both, maybe I'll just chill.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Which young WR would you rather have in 1PPR: Jameson Williams, Rashee Rice, or Josh Downs? It feels like Williams has the highest upside with his talent in that offense but he's getting no targets, while Downs is getting the targets but they're all short yardage and Rice is maybe somewhere in the middle but Mahomes likes to spread the ball around. They'd mostly be a bench stash, but there's a chance I might need to start one of them this week.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld

Scruffy the janitor posted:

Give:
Keenan Allen

Get:
JT
Gabe Davis or George Pickens

I don't like the idea of giving up Allen who is my best player even over Kelce, but I'm very weak at RB with dudes like Rhamondre and Sanders/Chuba as my 1 and 2

My other receivers:
Zay Flowers
Garrett Wilson
Scary Terry
Romeo Doubs

E: I guess the big question is how much do we think JT is worth the rest of the way.

Thoughts?

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Scruffy the janitor posted:

Give:
Keenan Allen

Get:
JT
DJ Moore

I don't like the idea of giving up Allen who is my best player even over Kelce, but I'm very weak at RB with dudes like Rhamondre and Sanders/Chuba as my 1 and 2

My other receivers:
Zay Flowers
Garrett Wilson
Scary Terry
Romeo Doubs

E: instead of Moore he wants to give me either Gabe Davis or George Pickens. I guess the big question is how much do we think JT is worth the rest of the way.
This is a tough one and basically comes down to your assessment of JT. I personally think he may end up in more of a timeshare than days past.

For me, you are trading away a slam-dunk high floor / high ceiling player for a riskier medium floor / high ceiling player.

Gabe Davis and George Pickens essentially don't matter for this trade, maybe you start them as a bye week fill-in or something once or twice.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ElectricRelaxation posted:

Which young WR would you rather have in 1PPR: Jameson Williams, Rashee Rice, or Josh Downs? It feels like Williams has the highest upside with his talent in that offense but he's getting no targets, while Downs is getting the targets but they're all short yardage and Rice is maybe somewhere in the middle but Mahomes likes to spread the ball around. They'd mostly be a bench stash, but there's a chance I might need to start one of them this week.

Downs looks like he’s over performing projections pretty consistently and by a higher margin than Rice, but I’m not sure if that’s before or after Richardson died and went to heaven

Jamo could break out any day or continue to only see a handful of targets

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Whoreson Welles posted:

Anxiously awaiting any Roschon news :f5:

I have Foreman but I really hope Roschon can seize the opportunity soon with Herbert being out.

He didn’t practice today either, I think I need to drop him for literally anyone, I need two RBs this weekend because of bye week hell and one might be a Raven :barf:

Reynolds practiced today At least but if Gibbs is back I’m not sure he’s gonna do much

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

mega dy posted:

This is a tough one and basically comes down to your assessment of JT. I personally think he may end up in more of a timeshare than days past.

For me, you are trading away a slam-dunk high floor / high ceiling player for a riskier medium floor / high ceiling player.

Gabe Davis and George Pickens essentially don't matter for this trade, maybe you start them as a bye week fill-in or something once or twice.

Yeah. Especially if it’s any amount of PPR I would stick with the bird in the hand of Keenan. JT may or may not end up being a huge upgrade but losing Keenan 100% makes your receivers way way worse. It’s been an eternity since Taylor was putting up 20 points every single week

somedude
Mar 27, 2011
Wondering what you guys thing about this trade:

I get:
Aaron Jones
Tyler Lockett

He gets:
Derrick Henry

My team is currently:
QB: Stafford, Purdy
RB: Henry, Kamara, Najee, E. Mitchell, Demercado (dropping for someone on waivers)
WR: CD Lamb, K. Allen, Jakobi Myers, Nico Collins Elijah Moore, OBJ
TE: Goedert
DST: Bills
K: None in this league

Locket is a little bump (well nice bump over OBJ) but I'm not sure how often he would even get the start unless there are more injuries to my WRs. Henry's been pretty good but the lower usage is scaring me a bit and I know A Jones can be good when healthy. But if I make the playoffs that schedule for the Titans is pretty juicy. I don't normally trade a lot in my leagues so I'm curious to get more opinions.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Well sure. But he may not ever start again. If the Cards are planning to move on from him after this season, they risk some big guaranteed money if Kyler starts and gets injured again.

Gannon specifically took the job because he had a quarterback in place. This is documented. The team is not tanking. They are not trading Kyler and this was a media construct based on the assumption they would be the worst team in football. The Cardinals will not have a pick in the top five.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

somedude posted:

Wondering what you guys thing about this trade:

I hate it. Henry to Jones is a downgrade and Lockett doesn't help you at all.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
It's so dumb that it won't show me whose left in the eliminator. I guess that's to stop people from ganging up on someone who doesn't want to split the pot.

Is anyone here one of the two remaining teams in FA Survivor league on ESPN?

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Not me, but for survivor chat I'm taking Rams in my one survivor and TB in my other. Rolling them dice.

Is tonight's game going to be real ugly? I have to play Ridley fantasy wise, so here goes nothing.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I can’t remember the last time a Thursday night game wasn’t terrible

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

RCarr posted:

Getting Twitch to front-page our stream where we make fun of Amazon-owned TNF live has to be one of the greatest tricks I ever pulled.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

RCarr posted:

Week 2 and Week 4 were fine fantasy wise. Everyone who started their Bears week 5 were happy too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Is tonight's game going to be real ugly? I have to play Ridley fantasy wise, so here goes nothing.

Docjowles posted:

It's both funny and infuriating that you know TNF will never be a normal game, but it is impossible to predict in what way. Will the worst team in the league absolutely roll to an easy victory? Will it have an over/under of 48 and end up with a final score of 3-3? Will there be 4 defensive/special teams touchdowns? WHO KNOWS