Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

RodShaft posted:

Is there a way to pay with Sammy without crashing whatever system I'm on? Dude is powerful.

Don't use Limit Break? With the new engine you shouldn't be having crashing issues even on older hardware as long as you keep LB off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Scarlet Tower surprising me: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2181720/view/3722847546242679126

Big update

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Oh hey, finally have hope that ST might be more than mediocre at this point.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Potent update, with the next big Big due to be v1.0----I like how, despite both projects winding up having to take the scenic route...it is once again an incidental race to the finish line for both Scarlet Tower and Spellbook: Demonslayers.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Saoshyant posted:

Don't use Limit Break? With the new engine you shouldn't be having crashing issues even on older hardware as long as you keep LB off.

I didn't even think to not use limit break. And it was freezing on my series x with limit break on. Just a funny little 2d game grinding Microsoft's flagship gaming system to a halt.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

lol i have banish knife twice now and it still keeps popping up in my level up screen

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Snooze Cruise posted:

lol i have banish knife twice now and it still keeps popping up in my level up screen

they've asked for bug reports in their discord if you care - they admitted that with the massive number of perk combinations they couldn't test everything with their five person team, so likely to be weirdness before some hotfixes

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

thumbs down on Scarlet Tower after trying for awhile, this patch added a mountain of systems bloat that feels wildly undercooked, and some of it is so labyrinthine it'd be at home in some MMO where you're optimizing your dps by 0.5% for a raid, not trying to clear screens of mooks in a VS clone

HoT got a tuning patch though, so imma go try that instead, HoT feels way better to me :v:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Yeah Scarlet Tower has some great vfx but other than that ehhhhhhh they really went overboard with the systems in this update I feel. You have perks, faction trait and also loyalty points which have different effects on each faction trait. It's just a lot and there is no easy way to see whar's what.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Coming in the distant future of: Tomorrow

Wanted Shadows

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2491670/Wanted_Shadows/

quote:

Decimate thousands of demons on All Hallows' Eve to protect your infernal home. Wanted Shadows is a bullet heaven roguelite where the difference between overpowering and being overpowered lies in your skill and wit.

Wanted Shadows is Vampire Survivors X Action Gameplay

A bullet heaven/horde survival set in a world where monsters fight over territory. Defeat monsters, power up with permanent upgrades, and become an unstoppable force.

Features
SYNERGISE | Build the ultimate loadout by choosing, merging, and upgrading weapons and trinkets.
PROGRESS | Use the money obtained from runs to buy new characters, weapons, and permanent equippable powers.
MASTER | Master the combat system that allows you to dodge, attack, and decimate your enemies.
GRAPHICS | Savour the Octopath Traveler-inspired graphics that mix 2D and 3D.
MUSIC | Bless your eardrums with a soundtrack of beautiful handmade melodic RPG tracks.

You'll Like Wanted Shadows if you like
Vampire Survivors
Brotato
20 Minutes Till Dawn
Soul Stalker
Spellbook Demonslayers
Bio Prototype
Peglin
Octopath Traveler
Risk of Rain
Bounty of One
Rogue: Genesia

Gone are the days when only one other project or so is cited, thus a year from now the bibliography should come to take up at least as much Steam page as the features and description combined~

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

victrix posted:

thumbs down on Scarlet Tower after trying for awhile, this patch added a mountain of systems bloat that feels wildly undercooked, and some of it is so labyrinthine it'd be at home in some MMO where you're optimizing your dps by 0.5% for a raid, not trying to clear screens of mooks in a VS clone

HoT got a tuning patch though, so imma go try that instead, HoT feels way better to me :v:

HoT is definitely back in a good place, I did an Agony run in the ice caves last night and it was a blast.

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

This actually seems to have been introduced with the new engine. Even on mobile, I was able to complete a run with Sammy using the cats as my only weapon. After the update, it turns into a slideshow in the first couple of minutes of a run before crashing completely on my desktop.

In truth, it doesn't really matter that much. Sammy is a gimmick character who completely breaks the games with a couple specific arcanas. It isn't really an edge case, but it's also pretty unimportant to the overall enjoyment of the game.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

victrix posted:

My disappointment is unfathomably deep and immeasurable, consoled only by the fact that I only paid two dollars and change for it.

Oh well, onto the next one.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the new update makes the game way easier. but i don't particualy find any of the new passive upgrades interesting

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
EA apparently started a couple months back, but the updates seem to accrued/and recently to promising eventual ends for Elemental Survivors:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2180000/Elemental_Survivors/

quote:

Grind, die, upgrade, repeat in this auto-attacking roguelite/RPG! Transform into an enemy-blender with your fave attacks made devastating with equipment, party members, and elemental evolutions. Survive to earn gems to unlock areas, permanent upgrades, characters, and god-like summons.

You know what's cool? Enemy hell games. You know what else is cool? Old-school RPGs. Put them together? It's a match made in bullet-heaven!

Elemental Survivors combines the best of both, in an auto-attacking, enemy extravaganza complete with unique attacks, powerful equipment, fantastical randomly-generated lands, a train of party members ready to help you with their own attacks and upgrades, elemental evolutions, god-like summons, and constantly updating content.

Elemental Survivors will be in Early Access and we will welcome all feedback to continue to grow and provide frequent updates!

In typical JRPG fashion, the world has been overrun by a massive number of enemies and it's up to you (and your train of party members) to defeat them, collect the Elemental Gems and rid the world of evil!

The controls are simple: walk around and try to avoid enemies while you auto-attack and collect xp to level. Towns and shops will appear at certain milestones where you can add party members and equipment to boost your attacks. Get ready to become an enemy blender!

Each run will have wave after wave of monsters to vanquish, until the final area boss spawns at the 20 minute mark. Runs will last as long as you can survive until the boss, or you, is defeated!

If you are defeated, don't worry. There are permanent upgrades to purchase to help you get even further in your quest to victory!

Here is a list of just some of the features, upgrades, and unlocks you can expect:
A wide variety of attacks to level as you destroy your enemies.
Varied randomly-generated areas to explore and unlock.
Upgradeable equipment to aid you or powerup your attacks.
Party members who increase your stats or skills, and who have their own specific attacks to make your party a powerhouse!
Area bosses to survive and defeat.
Gems to earn to purchase more areas with more enemies.
Permanent upgrades that will make you, or the enemies, even more powerful!
Evolutions to attacks! (try to unlock them all!) *
God-like summons to reign terror upon the battlefield! *
Regular updates that will include tweaks and features based on community feedback.
* Will be added during Early Access OR upon full launch.

We’re a wife/wife team building games in the chilly North of British Columbia in Canada. We love all things cute and girly! Also available on Steam now is Princess Farmer!

**Key art by: Morgan Madeline (she/they)

A match 3 visual novel and now this---an eclectic coupled dev house mix~

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I tried the demo for that one. It seems like your weapon slots are based off of your party members. So I wasn't able to get a second weapon until a party member pop up on the map, and then halfway through the clock I already max level all my available upgrades because I only had four things to actually upgrade, my two weapons and the passives (which in this game are your party member's levels themselves)...

I quickly got bored at the lack of choices, let myself died, and check the meta progression menu because I had a sneaking suspicion and yep it turns out that is were you raise your party limit. Don't think I am buying this one.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

ExiledTinkerer posted:

...Remember when it was a thing in a latter day'ish Final Fantasy that they suddenly had Shiva turn into a motorcycle? Well...Champion Shift:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2391900/Champion_Shift/ Demo now, Prologue thing in some weeks

i gotta say the turning into a car thing adds coherence to the format. great idea.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Monsters 'til Midnight is back in action on the update game after a bit:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2157250/view/3734106545331359075

quote:

Hi everyone!

The third cursed zone and new unlockable character are now live!

With this update, each of the three main zones now has a more challenging variant to take on, and the addition of the unique, shape-shifting Sir Henry McBlobsford brings up the playable character count to 12!

Here is the full list of changes;

Change Log

1.3.8704 November 1st, 2023
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
We've added another cursed zone, the cursed forest, and a character to unlock by
beating that zone. We also added a simple introductory tutorial for first time
players to introduce important concepts like the auto-aim toggle and the active
abilities.

Itemized Changes:-
Added Cursed Forest
Added Sir Henry Blobsford
Two new achievements
New enemy types for the new zone
Added tutorial for new players
Added an option to show tutorial every time
Remaining Revives are now shown in the player HUD
Dashing when not moving still goes towards the mouse pointer if auto aim is on
Fixed some issues with the co-op respawn location
Various other fixes, tweaks, and optimizations

The Cursed Tomb Zone

As mentioned above, this new, more challenging re-imagining of the Forest zone is the third "Cursed" variant zone. Each new zone features a new playable character and corresponding steam achievements to unlock.

Tutorial & Revives Remaining Icon

We also added a brief tutorial to aid new players. This offers a useful overview of key aspects like how to use active abilities such as the dodge roll, and how to toggle auto-aim on/off. We also added heart icons up by the player HP bar/HUD to show how many revives are remaining.

As always, a massive thank you to everyone that's been playing and enjoying the game. If you have any thoughts on the above changes, or just general feedback, big or small, the Steam Community forums are the best place to reach out to us. We read and respond to every one of them, and really appreciate all of your feedback.

Cheers, have a great week, and we'll see you next time!

The Retro Dreamer team

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
This one just came out. Anyone try it? Looks pretty fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2st4Cf5Hw5Q

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Touhou Gensokyo Survivors now also on itch for a regal sum of: $1

https://xeloph.itch.io/touhou-gensokyo-survivors

But mainly has a solid v1.0.2 update in tandem after some months now:

quote:

- a new stats system that you can spend your blue crystals on
- characters have different starting stats
- rebalanced enemy speed and damage values
- rebalanced item damage values
- knockback shockwave when you leave the level up screen
- spellcards visible from the level up screen
- native controller support
- various bugfixes

Also, Gensokyo Survivors is now available on Itch.io! Your save and setting files are automatically transferrable to this version of the game as well!

Thanks again for your continued support!

Midnight at the Disco is now a thing in Demo form---answering the age old call of combination for Disco and...Eyeballs.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2320890/Midnight_at_the_Disco/

quote:

Annihilate massive hordes of eyeball monsters as you struggle to survive a full day on the dance floor in this bullet heaven horde survival arena shooter. Choose from a diverse set of character traits, weapons and upgrades to create unique builds on each run to blast the baddies into oblivion.

Midnight at the Disco is a fast paced top down horde-survival bullet heaven arena shooter.

Collect records to level up... a lot. Utilize the greatest skill tree mankind has ever known.
Break open chests.
Oh, and there's poop.

Features:
Short runs
Multiple characters, weapons, items and levels
Huge build variety so each run is unique

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i guess i will try gensokyo survivors again~

the two touhou survivors being unimpressive and the hololive clone is the one people consider one of the best in the genre is such a shame because usually touhou fan games fill that niche

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Harminoff posted:

This one just came out. Anyone try it? Looks pretty fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2st4Cf5Hw5Q

Slime 3K? It had a demo in the last Steam Next Fest. Pretty pixel art, but there's something about the gameplay that didn't grab me.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Nomad Survival is free on fanatical(redeems on steam)
https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/nomad-survival

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
VS beta branch added Adventure Mode. It's basically a set of three separate saves that only have particular characters/weapons/items available to mix and match from, but also the maps are reshuffled and adjusted.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Mutagenic is a Path of Exile enamored thing, and bearing a giant update after quite some months:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2082560/Mutagenic/

quote:

Mutagenic will redefine the Roguelite Action RPG genre, with simple controls, yet engaging mechanics.The rules are simple: mutate, kill, collect, unlock, upgrade, die. Repeat.Kill monsters, collect mutagen and itemization upgrades, spend mutagen to upgrade characters.

You are a lonely hero, spawned into a brutal world occupied by countless hostile creatures. Mutagenic is a hardcore roguelite action game, where every choice matters. Level up and invest into your Mutation Tree, providing powerful benefits for future runs!

Key Features

Unique Playstyles With multiple characters and skills to choose from, there is a playstyle for everyone.
Build Diversity A diverse set of items, skills, and mutations all allow unique interactions and plenty of opportunity for build customization. Every item can be fully customized, allowing you specialize into unique, powerful builds.
Replayability Every time you spawn a new mutated hero, your path forward will be different. Learn, adapt, and conquer the foes that await you. Great treasure awaits only the strongest of heros.
Powerful Loot Purchase Genes for your characters, and craft them into incredibly strong, unique upgrades!
Leaderboards Survive your way to the top!

Hello everybody!

OK, I admit it has been a long time since a major update, and I apologize for that.

Having said that, I'm excited to finally have Early Access patch 0.5 out in the wild!

The following are patch notes for the patch overhaul:

High Level Changes
Various new Weapon, Curse, and Aura Skills, including unlockable customization system
Vastly expanded and modified Passive Tree
Customizable Character Outfits
Numerous new mod types, attributes, and skill mechanics
Performance Optimizations Galore
World map progression system
Support for boss fights & arenas
New ladder/leaderboard system
Powerful, drop-only endgame mods
Magic and Rare monster mods
Player Damage Log
Complete rebalance of monster and player power

Elewar: Fused Survivors will be a thing in about 5 hours, having apparently done a substantial amount of dev on itch ahead of landing on Steam proper:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2489560/Elewar_Fused_Survivors/

quote:

Slay, evolve and overcome! Packed with challenging events, deep ARPG-like systems and a hardcore difficulty! In this bulletheaven roguelite you use elemental powers to defeat terrifying monsters, while trying to become a godlike magician. 15+ spells, 70+ unlocks, over 30 random events and much more!

Upgrade your spells from basic functionality to a devastating power!

Complete over 70 challenges to gain the advantage of over 70 interesting unlocks, with quite a lot of new additions to the game!

Choose from over 30 different events which may trigger throughout a run for even more variety!

Play through multiple realms, each one providing a different type of playstyle to all of the character classes!
Craft your own weapon to take with you and overcome the 9 trials of each realm!

Will you become the archmage of Elewar or will you be brought down by your opponents? Bulletheaven might quickly become a bullethell if you aren't strong enouph!
Every enemy has at least 1 special attack... which you can dodge! There is no simple contact damage, which makes the game very challenging

Feature list:
4 elements, over 16 different offensive spells and 7 utility spells
every spell may be upgraded in its rarity separately, which enables a diverse and powerful spell progression in a run
Prophecy Whirls, which give you a choice of a random event, may challenge and reward you depending on the chosen difficulty
over 5 character classes with wildly different playstyles
over 70 unlocks and challenges
over 50 upgrades
choose an unlocked blessing before you start a run, making cool combinations out of classes, blessings and starting spells possible!
at least 2 realms with different enemies, rules and trials
crafting system to make your own weapons and helmets, which give you an additional edge in the Trials of Elewar
several hidden secrets to discover
and much much more to come!

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

I've been playing multiplayer VS with my 11yo and 6yo on the Xbox. It's a good time. Would recommend.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

ExiledTinkerer posted:

EA apparently started a couple months back, but the updates seem to accrued/and recently to promising eventual ends for Elemental Survivors:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2180000/Elemental_Survivors/

A match 3 visual novel and now this---an eclectic coupled dev house mix~

I played several rounds of this yesterday and its alright, if a little easy right from the start.

The character unlocking can be a bit cryptic, with many being ‘buy and wear this specific item in the shop on this specific stage to have a chance that the locked character appears in the town on that stage’. The side quest unlocks per stage are also things like ‘beat that specific stage with these three specific members in your party’. You really need to check the secrets tab to know what you need to do, but the secrets tab isn’t arranged by level so you need to scroll through several pages looking for the right level name or the silhouette of the thing you’re trying to unlock.

Overall decent. Not top tier but if you’re looking for a VS clone with this aesthetic you could do worse

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

ExiledTinkerer posted:

Mutagenic is a Path of Exile enamored thing, and bearing a giant update after quite some months:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2082560/Mutagenic/

I was curious and it was only a buck, but unfortunately it is an instant CTD for me. Bummer. I know I can get a refund (a whole dollar!), but I'd rather it gets fixed soon.
Edit: apparently it was patched and works now, but.. either I don't understand the progression system, or I don't like it.

Oenis fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Nov 4, 2023

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Raining Blood: Hellfire joins the parade of newcomers, with at least one odd inspiration vs the usual in the guise of COD's Zombie mode:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2147530/Raining_Blood_Hellfire/

quote:

Annihilate countless hordes of enemies while unraveling the mysteries of the demonic invasion. Kill, upgrade, explore, die, repeat.

STOP THE INVASION
Survive long enough to solve the puzzles and enter The Old Cathedral to destroy the source of the demonic corruption.

UNLIMITED UPGRADES
Increase your power exponentially, combining as many upgrades as you want. Multiply your damage, carry more guns, run faster, increase the number of bullets fired per shot, and much more.

100+ UNIQUE WEAPONS:
Burn them with the Flame-thrower, blow them up with the Rocket Launcher and grenades, freeze them with ice guns or simply annihilate them with the Gatling Gun.

DISCOVER THE TRUTH
You play as the last clergy of the Holy Exorcists, ancient creatures that protect humanity from demons. A thousand years of peace has rendered their existence purposeless, but not for Azaus' group. He has always known that Hell never rests, and the longer the silence, the greater the storm that follows. Their quests have led them to an ancient church where they will face unimaginable terrors.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

ive played some more of these drat Games:

fatalzone - very professional looking but a little thin on content right now, if they actually update it and it doesnt die like 50% of these it could end up being great

monsters til midnight - i like this one quite a lot, it has a consistent art style, nice presentation, and a few innovations that a lot of these dont bother with. the maps are more detailed (the first one is a big mansion) and have some geometry beyond being a flat plane, which I like because it changes up the flow of just running around in a big circle. now you run around in a circle through some rooms. there are also monster spawners and such that spawn, and you get an active ability that you can swap out for other ones when you destroy a spawner shrine thingy. also one of the characters is a dog in a suit jacket

slime 3k - this has great art and presentation and some pretty fun weapons, and seemingly a fair amount to unlock. It varies a fair amount from the base formula in ways i have yet to determine whether they are good or bad.

edit:

that raining hellfire game describe above is really fun. it's kind of like a more elaborate version of the more elaborate VS maps, where you run around and do things and pay to open new routes and buy new guns and upgrades. There's a shitload of guns and melee weapons and they feel pretty good. you can slice enemies in half and such which makes the weapons feel more distinct in their effects.

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Nov 4, 2023

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
The underrated, especially after the final big updates, and Adjacent, Gunlocked is getting a spiritual successor in the early part of the coming year that looks Quite A Treat: Boons & Burdens

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2646120/Boons__Burdens/

quote:

Boons & Burdens is a single player, action-roguelike, bullet heaven set in the depths of a hellish dimension. Battle hordes of demons through 13 levels of evil, collect magical gems to purchase powerful boons, and unlock your true potential as one of many wizards. But beware! The path to power requires sacrifice. Each level requires you to choose a new burden that transforms the difficulty. Become the paragon of ultimate power, or the architect of your own downfall, and watch it all unfold in richly detailed, over-the-top pixel art.

Features
Two unique character classes with their own abilities, talents, and unlockables, with more to come!
More than 100 talents to discover and equip at launch
Huge, over-the-top super spells let you turn the tide of hectic battles
Unlockable loot lets you customize each class between runs
13 increasingly difficult levels with dozens of devious demons to battle
A unique "Burdens" system puts an evolving difficulty in your hands

Quick pick-up-and-play gameplay. Games last less than 30 minutes.
Dozens of achievements
Accessibility Options let players fine tune everything from colors to controls, so everyone can stay focused on the action
Twin-Stick, 360-Degree Analog Control
A casual single-stick mode with lets you get in a game while you sip your morning coffee

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

ExiledTinkerer posted:

The underrated, especially after the final big updates, and Adjacent, Gunlocked is getting a spiritual successor in the early part of the coming year that looks Quite A Treat: Boons & Burdens

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2646120/Boons__Burdens/

I played the heck out of Gunlocked before it hit 1.0, I should pick it up again, so I'm definitely keeping my eyes on this!

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
You definitely should as one of the final post v1.0 updates essentially folded a direct sequel that could've been back into the game itself wholesale alongside overhauling it---Wild Doings.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Our time has come: https://store.steampowered.com/developer/ravenage/sale/bulletheavenfest

First thing I noticed was Battle Grid. Looks like you have a cluster of mechs instead of a single character.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2281480/Battle_Grid/

Here's a 4 month old gameplay only video since I don't like trailers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xct-GuMh2A

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Working my way through Halls of Torment, so not in a particular mood to buy, but just gaping in awe at all the survivorslikes.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
oh god steam

a lot of these are not bullet heavens

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Vampire survivors not being there is so weird. But I see two publishers... sponsored (?) this promotion so eh?

Soulstone Survivors got a great OoL update

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Third World Reagan posted:

oh god steam

a lot of these are not bullet heavens

I'm gonna roll with it, this one has a demo!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2468060/Breakout_Survivors/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Many weird things, fair bit of new outright(my bookmarks pile only semi-sorted for it given the numbers of at least semi-relevant were Large), not a ton of updates just yet---two bits of note:

Renfield keeping to tradition with yet another big update out of nowhere were it not for the sale timing:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2354600/view/3793779874950861091

quote:

I. New Features
Rare Bug: Think you’ve maxed everything out? Think again! New Rare Bugs will upgrade one primary stat for one character. Purchase them for big bucks, or find that special skeleton . . .

II. New Content
New Stages
Whitechapel: Take a trip back to one of Dracula’s old haunts.

New Boss
Dr. Sweet Stake: Killing vamps with style. Too bad he thinks you’re the enemy!

New Playable Characters
Mina Harker: Dracula’s old flame is back to bring the pain!
Bat Head: Part bat, part CEO, all destruction!
Richard the Werelobo: The patriarch of the Lobo clan is back to howl and scowl his way to the top once more.
The Maestro: Ex-theater turned marketing whiz turned street magician. Whether in the alley or in the boardroom, this guy is full of magic.
Remy Broussard: Leader of a New Orleans biker gang brings the heat with fiery wheel attacks.
Gore Golem: A humanoid shape consisting of, uh, former humans.
The Red Death: Evil entity of doom? Or an enthusiastic Poe cosplayer? You be the judge.

New Weapons
Mina Harker’s Thorny Pursuit
Bat Head’s Sonic Screech
Richard the Werelobo’s Slash N’ Howl
The Maestro’s Card Cascade
Remy Broussard’s Blaze Trail
Gore Golem’s Skull Strike
The Red Death’s Zero Hour

New Special Attacks
Mina Harker’s Thorned Tempest
Bat Head’s Sonic Disruption
Richard the Werelobo’s Call of the Pack
The Maestro’s Cardaclysm
Remy Broussard’s Blazing Wheelstorm
Gore Golem’s Skullpocalypse
The Red Death’s Time Sweep

Revamped Weapon Evolutions
A Blacker Death
Backstab Bounty
Claw Shield
Cursed Cranium
Traverse
Mutagenic Menace
Silver Bind
Sinister Symbiosis
Solar Storm
Spectral Bat Blitz
Stake Cascade
Stone Cold
Summoned Snare
Symphony’s Surprise
Trident
Vital Hits
Winged Vortex

New Challenge Rooms
Hall of Survival
Eclipsed Chamber
Hazard Room

New Familiars
Witchy Toad
Mysti-Chameleon

New Achievements
To Protect and Serve
A New Lease on Life
Howling in the Dark
Lord of the Night
Ora et Labora
Explosive Positivity
School Spirit
It Burns!!!
The Bad Old Days
Supernatural Hunter
A Special Occasion
Once and For All
An Endless Grind
Pet Shop
Bad Dream
Challenge Accepted

New Enemies
Saboteur
Super Saboteur

III. Updates
More information in the Compendium under Bosses, Victims and Characters when the Top Secret File is found
Speed Run Timer
Optimization of Enemies and Bosses
Weapon Balancing

20 Minutes Til Dawn will be getting a (likely far better for it) spinoff: Emberpath

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2578510/20MTD_Emberpath/

quote:

20MTD: Emberpath is a Lovecraftian roguelike where you play as one of many wanderers that must mow through hordes of horrors to explore the lands.
This 20 Minutes Till Dawn spin-off offers a condensed Action RPG experience, with its deep play choice and theorycrafting potential. Evolve your powers and acquire legendary loot as you wander the cosmic apocalypse.
Features
Create a unique build every game. With a strong focus on replayability, the large variety of characters, abilities and artifacts, will offer a novel experience every time you start up a new run.
Build for your playstyle. Rain down giant swords from the sky, or command an army of skeletal warriors, or wield explosive fire magic to set ablaze every horror in sight... the possibilities are endless!
Quick, 20-minute, play sessions that can satisfy your Action RPG urges in a condensed package.
Auto-firing abilities lets you experience high octane gameplay without tiring out your precious gamer hands.
Collect souls and forge them into new abilities from the goddess of flames.
Rare artifacts are hidden across the world. Find sets of artifacts to gain powerful passive effects.