Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018
"You murdered Thierry Delicieu."

:lol: Yeah, and you were complicit in the murder of your last leader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Emzedoh posted:

:bignews: in today's update. Is this the first time we've heard about this purpose for the Silver?

Think so, yeah. Whoo doggies, that's a lot of text for one panel. Bastion sure loves to hear himself talk.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Too much text, but it's interesting text, so I can't complain

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

If there were any character suitable to sumo a paragraph of exposition into one frame, it's Bastion

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

I'm stating to think our heroes don't have this situation under control at all!

At least we got the answer to that mystery

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
In a world with explosives, helplessness is a choice. :911:

keep clicking forward

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

There's some classic Unsounded browser trickery here, in case anyone doesn't see it (it's Sette dropping down, swinging around a bit on a couple of pages)

Oh, and in case someone didn't notice (I didn't at first) there's text on the browser tabs and page titles replacing the regular "chapter name page number" stuff. Nothing mind blowing, but in case someone missed it so far in this scene with the black backgrounds, starting with the drop-down page it reads:

1) (nothing different, just the usual format)

2) oww...

3) AAHHH!

4) Oh, right...

5) Did I go blind like Matty?

6) Is that...?

maybe there will be more if this sequence continues.

Also, it said on the front-page Ash has some personal stuff going on (travel for an unexpected funeral) so no updates next week.

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.
Boo is the best

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Daduzi posted:

Boo is the best

this should have been a sign. F

also I think this more or less confirms people's thoughts about Murkoph being Ssael. We've probably just seen what the being pawing at the cracked tower looks like from the other side. And look at those lion jaws!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

also I think this more or less confirms people's thoughts about Murkoph being Ssael. We've probably just seen what the being pawing at the cracked tower looks like from the other side. And look at those lion jaws!

ashley said a while ago that he was ssaelit, but not ssael. ssael also seemingly arrives when he’s still in ilganyag’s nest

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Now there's some solid screwiness with the medium. keep clicking forward, for certain values of forward

shirts and skins posted:

we saw the entity inside the khert somewhere in the last chapter, with Ilganyag's "ah, look who finally showed up", but I can't immediately find the page.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Nov 29, 2023

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
It's a shame the script doesn't pre-load the next page's image, it hits slightly different when the arrow loads in first and then everything else shows up.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
my developer brain is immediately thinking of ways to prevent the arrow from showing early
probably just add a display:none and a little onLoad handler to unhide the arrow once the pic's loaded.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Looks like maybe Sette found a flashback scene in the khert.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

https://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch18/ch18_27.html

Hinting at some answers that everyone has wondered about for like, eh, a decade maybe? (dang)

I expect a tease as usual, even if it is "wrapping things up".

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I've said it before, but man, I loving hate Lemuel. I really hope something horrible happens to him.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
last we saw, several horrible things weee happening to him. if we circle back to him in the present day I doubt he’ll be so haughty

Nights Fallow
Jul 27, 2022
Two pages since the last link:

https://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch18/ch18_28.html

https://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch18/ch18_29.html

Goddamn, I love how Ash writes religion. Lem's screamed line goes so hard.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

A few pages before this, but...

https://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch18/ch18_36.html

Duane missing the mark, coming around to comfort a child, then totally screwing it up again. Fitting for him, lol.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
This history of lions is interesting because, taken at face value, it suggests Ssaelism was once considered a threat to the whole Gefunder world rather than some weird Alderode thing. Otherwise, I can't see anyone outside Alderode and Cresse caring enough to exterminate lions. So either the Ssaelit movement once had much wider reach than I'd previously understood, or there's some other reason all the lions were killed.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

There is of course the possibility that the range of lions didn't extend beyond Alderode to begin with.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

There is of course the possibility that the range of lions didn't extend beyond Alderode to begin with.

I think I remember that being a thing Cope said in her ask/tell stuff in the past, but I might be remembering wrong.

I don't think it was like they didn't exist outside of Alderode, just that "north" tended to be their primary range.

I guess that stuff could be subject to change, or I might not entirely remember correctly, but what KOG said above sounds vaguely right.

Now, that doesn't necessarily invalidate any of this though:

GunnerJ posted:

This history of lions is interesting because, taken at face value, it suggests Ssaelism was once considered a threat to the whole Gefunder world rather than some weird Alderode thing. Otherwise, I can't see anyone outside Alderode and Cresse caring enough to exterminate lions. So either the Ssaelit movement once had much wider reach than I'd previously understood, or there's some other reason all the lions were killed.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

It's all hinky enough that I'm thinking the first Etalarche curse had something to do with it. and maybe the southern Gefendur took their brethren claims at face value at the time

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm starting to think this Nary guy isn't a very good father and Sette would be better off with Duane despite him being a racist zombie.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Maybe he ranks high on the slum gang dad scale. I'd still be okay with Duane melting him though.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Fabricated posted:

I'm starting to think this Nary guy isn't a very good father and Sette would be better off with Duane despite him being a racist zombie.

What don't predators do, Sette?

two pages

also been a couple since someone posted, so if you're catching up, go up a bit and click on 18-36

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Sette, if you keep making that face it'll get stuck that way.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Some top tier faces and sicknasty burns, this update.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
This is some of the funniest Duane/Sette interaction in a long time

Losing my poo poo at “do you not want answers?” “NO?!”

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Captain Oblivious posted:

This is some of the funniest Duane/Sette interaction in a long time

Losing my poo poo at “do you not want answers?” “NO?!”

man who rolls around in the corpse of his past like a dog in filth vs girl who rips her memories out for fun

also: "chasin' bird hole" is lethal

KOGAHAZAN!! fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Feb 5, 2024

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Honestly Sette is at peak comedy any time she is asserting moral authority on religious grounds.

This is also true of Duane funnily enough

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Someone in the Khert's been collecting memories of Sette, and hiding them beneath the boughs of the neverborn. Seems late in this part of the tale for a new character unless they're gonna be important in the next book. That'd leave Tittybird or Murkoph or the babby lion that was with the two of them last we saw Murk?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ah, the khert

always disturbing

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

reposting this from Ashley's tumblr because lol

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

habeasdorkus posted:

Someone in the Khert's been collecting memories of Sette, and hiding them beneath the boughs of the neverborn. Seems late in this part of the tale for a new character unless they're gonna be important in the next book. That'd leave Tittybird or Murkoph or the babby lion that was with the two of them last we saw Murk?

It's been shown in comic already who has been doing it.

Tittybird. We see her collecting the stuff in some of the earlier chapters.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

From the Unsounded Q&A tumblr:

quote:

Anonymous asked:

Are there other unsounded communities apart from /co/, r/unsounded, discord and other discord?

quote:

Ashley the Unsounded author posted:

Not that I know of. I think it used to get some play on the SomethingAwful forums but probably not so much now.

lol. Kinda true, but this is the only place I really discuss the comic, especially since apparently posting an ask on tumblr requires an account now and I'm not bothering with that other stuff.

Not sure if that means she knows this thread exists, but it doesn't sound like she pays it any mind, which probably is just as well.

I guess the discussion here is slow because for the most part things only fire up here when there's something going on in the comic someone wants to talk about, as opposed to being some sort of fandom chat or crew or whatever.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

[bleeeeeeeeeeeeep]

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

hope we get Kaiju Duane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

These are some fantastic pages.