Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

This season of Kitchen Nightmares is clearly just going through the motions. Clearly just ordered because of the writer's & actor's strikes.

Not sure of any of his past Kitchen Nightmares or 24 hours that followed such a strict format as KN2023.

Yeah. This whole season feels strangely rushed but also rigidly formatted.

My wife and I laugh and predict what will go on via each segment.

- Show restaurant failing
- Plea for Gordon
- Gordon arrives
- Food/service is terrible
- Gordon lectures/berates staff/owner
- "You can't continue you like this! The business only has <x> time left!"
- Come back for dinner service
- Everything is terrible
- Food health scare
- "SHUT IT DOWN!"
- Wake up call/therapy session with owners/chef
- Renovations
- Reveal of renovations/menu
- Another service
- Uh oh! Looks like they might be failing again, but no they rallied and bounced back
- Gordon leaves and talks the camera about the journey
- Gordon walks often and mutters something, often times a reference to something earlier in the episode
- "Two months later..."
- "Next time..."

Every episode has been this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.
Scooby doo pulls mask off tv show…. Oh no it was chatgpt all along!

ChatGPT: what? It’s what you wanted

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Lol goat yoga as the reward for the winning team. It seems that this season just has the lowest rent rewards

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Nick Soapdish posted:

Lol goat yoga as the reward for the winning team. It seems that this season just has the lowest rent rewards

I saw it was speculated that this might have been filmed during the height of the pandemic or something - hence why the rewards are so dogshit, but apparently this was film early 2022, right after the previous season. I don't remember last season being this bad with rewards.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Kind of funny to "save" a restaurant with an owner fine with putting $100k/year into it.

Also weird seeing Gordon save an Indian restaurant and likely not able to even mention his whole series on going to India. Even with the owner saying he doesn't understand the food because he's from England (not face to face though).

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
How does someone from England, the adoptive home of Indian cuisine, not know about the food :psyduck:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
The US is the adoptive home of every cuisine and there are still people who think tacos and spaghetti are strange foreign food. The UK must have some of those. Can't ingest anything that hasn't been stuffed into a Yorkshire pudding first.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Gordon not giving credit for the answer polenta when it was a corn puree was a bit suspect

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Nick Soapdish posted:

Gordon not giving credit for the answer polenta when it was a corn puree was a bit suspect

Wasn't watching too closely but I thought they were corn niblets? He didn't give credit for the answer "ham" when the ingredient was bacon which made sense.

I like this challenge because of how much Ramsay clearly loves doing it and it also reveals who the big smokers are since that has a negative effect on taste

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010

Dokapon Findom posted:

Wasn't watching too closely but I thought they were corn niblets? He didn't give credit for the answer "ham" when the ingredient was bacon which made sense.

I like this challenge because of how much Ramsay clearly loves doing it and it also reveals who the big smokers are since that has a negative effect on taste

I remember one season a chef said in the confessionals "Dude, if the answer were 'nicotine' he would have got it right."

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Dokapon Findom posted:

Ramsay said it was corn, but it was clearly pureed corn. Pureed corn & polenta are pretty close, but also understandable that the answer wouldn't be close enough.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Nick Soapdish posted:

My new favorite is "I'm giving you $4,000 to spend [at Sur La Table]" and it's actually $4,000 for the entire team, not per person.

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Shrimpy posted:

My new favorite is "I'm giving you $4,000 to spend [at Sur La Table]" and it's actually $4,000 for the entire team, not per person.
Well, a grand's worth of free poo poo is still a grand's worth of free poo poo

Besides, I swear the spending spree rewards have always been "$1,000 per person multiplied by number of team members".

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Been a couple weeks, so just spoilering it cause it would spoil for anyone that hasn't watched the new HK... "I definitely put up the best 3 dishes of the 3 rounds..."

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Been a couple weeks, so just spoilering it cause it would spoil for anyone that hasn't watched the new HK... "I definitely put up the best 3 dishes of the 3 rounds..."

Loool, gently caress that guy.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It was probably one of the most satisfying episodes in recent memory.

For the most part, this show is just kinda something that I enjoy the ride but nothing every really stands out too much. It's so formulaic. Very much a routine.

This episode had me drat near hootin and hollerin.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mordiceius posted:

It was probably one of the most satisfying episodes in recent memory.

For the most part, this show is just kinda something that I enjoy the ride but nothing every really stands out too much. It's so formulaic. Very much a routine.

This episode had me drat near hootin and hollerin.

It's surprising how much they've distilled it down into the same thing every episode that isn't stuff like black jacket challenge

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Everyone getting a black jacket step forward.

No, no, not you.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Also for everyone making GBS threads on the budget for the rewards. I got a kick out of the covered up hot tub being part of the black jacket club / dorms.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I DO NOT agree with what happened in this episode.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

I was surprised by the elimination, but I think it will give Ryan an easier path to victory

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Ryan loving sucks.

He’s just as toxic as Jason was. He just hides it better.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Leigh hosed up too many times during the first black jacket service and forced Gordon’s hand. Dahmere going home was bizarre though, don’t really get that one

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Leigh was the only one who seemingly understood the assignment for the Instagram challenge. The others' choice of dishes and plating were questionable

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Endless Trash posted:

Dahmere going home was bizarre though, don’t really get that one

This absolutely baffling to me. Through the entire season, Dahmere has been an incredible leader and chef. Is this the first time in the whole season that they were having an off night?

Absolutely baffling. Jonathan should have gone home 100x over before Dahmere.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Didn't see this posted yet

https://twitter.com/MercuryFalcon/status/1742627195640500442

Wonder what he did?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Mordiceius posted:

This absolutely baffling to me. Through the entire season, Dahmere has been an incredible leader and chef. Is this the first time in the whole season that they were having an off night?

Absolutely baffling. Jonathan should have gone home 100x over before Dahmere.

Yea, not sure why Dahmere would go home. But I feel like the track record for chefs that volunteer to go on the chopping block isn't very good.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

The rumor is that Joanna talked to him about getting out of a toxic relationship and he then twisted to the other contestants and lied that she had been loving her boss.

I do find it weird that the season had 13 contestants, I don't get why they had uneven teams before kicking him out.

Video on youtube about him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zAo_ougb78

edit: It's loving wild that Dahmere went home after his first bad service, I know that nominating yourself to go on the chopping block never ends well but he had been the standout this season.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jan 14, 2024

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Testekill posted:

I do find it weird that the season had 13 contestants, I don't get why they had uneven teams before kicking him out.

Yeah me neither. Masterchef had one or two seasons like that with weird numbers of contestants IIRC, 19 or something. In the Ben Starr blog I believe he mentioned there was an additional contestant (can't recall if in his season) that was edited out because they began a relationship with someone on the production end of things. But the JR business seems skeevy in a way that that doesn't.

The thing with both those eliminations is they were both strong enough to win, but this makes it an easier pathway for the winner because Jonathan and Carmen I certainly don't think will win.

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

Does Ryan have herpes on his face or something?

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Sierra Nevadan posted:

Turn on your TV

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Sierra Nevadan posted:

He's Irish. Obviously a small potato.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Ramsay getting rid of all the top contenders to rig the finals for Ryan?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I really can't stand Ryan or Jonathan but I've been rooting for Sammi since Day 1. She's not going to win, but damnit this season has been pissing me off. Dahmere should have won the whole thing.

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004

Mordiceius posted:

Dahmere should have won the whole thing.

I was feeling this too. It must have been some reason he had to leave the show.

I liked the bearded guy til he had a temper tantrum over a mild Ramsay burn.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

shazbot posted:

So with these unscripted shows, I feel like they are a few different character archetypes. You have your "I'm not here to make friends" characters, you have your "I fall to pieces under the slightest stress" characters, etc etc.

My least favorite characters are the "I just miss my son/daughter and I'm going to constantly burst into tears at the mention of them" types - aka Jonathan.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

shazbot posted:

With the timeframes and editing, it's quite possible Jonathan was still drunk as poo poo when giving those confessions and even in the dorms wondering why Ramsay called him a sack of poo poo. Probably not by the time dinner service rolled around or the post elimination prep talk, but he seemed fine by then.

Just about everything he said about it, is how you'd expect some drunk idiots to react, "Why is this guy calling me a sack of poo poo, man?"

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Ramsay getting rid of all the top contenders to rig the finals for Ryan?

He's the only non-American left and it's the American Dream season, so probably.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

shazbot posted:

JUST BRING THE drat FISH seemed a bit... emotional... dunno if we can have him leading a brigade...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Dokapon Findom posted:

JUST BRING THE drat FISH seemed a bit... emotional... dunno if we can have him leading a brigade...

Such a shame, Ramsay used to be all about that emotion.

I'm happy they stopped doing that weird "Ramsay gets the chef to yell at him" stuff