Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

shwinnebego posted:

when cpig caught suss as scum afte rnot scumhunting in that other game, he did a similar thing - responded with sarcastic/snipey posts but nonetheless remained steadfast in his commitment to not actually even appearing to hunt scum

Except it's not the same thing at all.

The difference between what you quoted against what you screenshotted from another game to display here is that I am saying that i find obama scummy sor the exact same reasons you have been screaming about in the thread and masonry for the past two days.

The screenshot displays nothing but me saying "nah" and being a little sarcastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Hey I'm in the waiting room while my dad gets his post surgery checkup done (on his arm, it wasn't life threatening)

Which is to say I'm here but on a phone. Please summarize why I should vote for cpig insteas

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

sharkmafia posted:

Hey I'm in the waiting room while my dad gets his post surgery checkup done (on his arm, it wasn't life threatening)

Which is to say I'm here but on a phone. Please summarize why I should vote for cpig insteas

they're both good votes. cpig has done no scumhunting, followed the obama case with max laziness, and then sorta got lazily defensive against mounting sus on him

tbh it's very similar to obama, i moved my vote cuz people weren't voting obama

if you'll vote obama i think that might still be better ##vote obama to help avoid no-ex, if others wanna swerve to cpig i'd do it i guess

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
It's a weak rear end stretch

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Tired Moritz posted:

It's hard because most of the casing involves stuff happening in private masonries

:goofy:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

CapitalistPig posted:

It's a weak rear end stretch

it's a stretch

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Moritz wants to kill pig so I'd rather kill obummer ##vote Obama

That's -1 so no elim doesn't seem that likely

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Let us move to a new and exciting day

##vote obama

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

:redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Noooooooooo, goodbye ObamaAkbar.!

Votecount for Day 2
With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 01st, 2024 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 hour, 12 minutes.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

There was a lot of discussion among the paints. Like, a LOT of discussion. But in the end, the suspicion fell on one of the shade paints, Agrax Earthshade, for the deaths of several base paints.

ObamaAckbar, AKA Agrax Earthshade, was killed Day 2!

Agrax Earthshade posted:

You are Agrax Earthshade, TOWN-aligned Shade paint. As a dark brown wash, you're always there to help make things look weathered, or unify a lighter color scheme. Don't mind the fact that you're basically interchangeable with Seraphim Sepia.

You are Vanilla. Your only power is your vote and your voice!

You are in an unconfirmed masonry with all Shade paints. You win when all threats to town are dead AND Shade paints have uncontested control of the vote.

You have 24 hours to get night actions in.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

With a shade paint recently executed, it seemed almost inevitable that the killers would strike likewise. In the morning, it was soon discovered that Druchii Violet had shaded their last gunbarrel.

yuming, AKA Druchii Violet, has been killed Night 2!

Druchii Violet posted:

You are Druchii Violet, TOWN-aligned Shade paint. As a purple wash, you are super useful at... uh... shading certain skin tones! Or... um.... oh, you help out with painting gun barrels with those heat burns! And.. uh.....

You are Vanilla. Your only power is your vote and your voice!

You are in an unconfirmed masonry with all Shade paints. You win when all threats to town are dead AND Shade paints have uncontested control of the vote.

Day 3 has begun.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (11): AFancyQuestionMark, CapitalistPig, Captain Foo, Dans Macabre, Hal Incandenza, Sandwolf, sharkmafia, shwinnebego, Somberbrero, Tired Moritz, Your Personal Muse

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 04th, 2024 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
##vote schwinn

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
yuming claimed doctor in our masonry, obama (predictably) wasn't scum

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
We are now the same size as base masonry, so according to the prevailing thought leaders ITT there's higher chances of hitting scum here

All the conditions are ripe, to execute shwinn

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Why shwinn and not cpig

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I was wrong about obama obviously but I think we should go back to what I wanted to do really do yesterday, which is exec shark

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Obama was the target offered up by shwinn after I scum read him. I see no reason to change to cpig

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I have no idea if the execution plan i put forth yesterday is still as beneficial now that we've lost more town. Many people seemed to agree with the strategy, or at least could not argue with it, but it never picked up real traction and instead we gambled and failed.

These votes suck.

sharkmafia posted:

Moritz wants to kill pig so I'd rather kill obummer ##vote Obama

That's -1 so no elim doesn't seem that likely

Hal Incandenza posted:

Let us move to a new and exciting day

##vote obama

For all shark's talk about laziness, they absolutely phoned it in. The end of day vote is just a little cherry on the scum sundae. I think shark should have been executed yesterday and I'm going to try again today. ##vote shark

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I will.... Reread

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

Obama was the target offered up by shwinn after I scum read him. I see no reason to change to cpig

The logic here being that shwinn is scum because they were wrong about Obama being scum? I'm not understanding the case.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Somberbrero posted:

I have no idea if the execution plan i put forth yesterday is still as beneficial now that we've lost more town. Many people seemed to agree with the strategy, or at least could not argue with it, but it never picked up real traction and instead we gambled and failed.

These votes suck.

For all shark's talk about laziness, they absolutely phoned it in. The end of day vote is just a little cherry on the scum sundae. I think shark should have been executed yesterday and I'm going to try again today. ##vote shark

in what way does that vote suck? i felt my rationale was quite clear, particularly if you don't cherrypick exactly that post

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Like you're free to try again, go for it

just prep your 'i was wrong as hell, sorry i tunneled you for two days shark' post for the next day if you succeed, lmao

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

anyway based on sandwolf's drunkposting in the base chat overnight i am even more confident he's town. it's the vibe i get

still i feel more confident voting hal today if we want to go that route

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

so* i feel

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

calculated drunkpost? no. he was definitely drunk

he could be drunk AND scum but i feel like a scum player would drunkpost in their scumchat instead

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

sharkmafia posted:

Like you're free to try again, go for it

just prep your 'i was wrong as hell, sorry i tunneled you for two days shark' post for the next day if you succeed, lmao

I would like to murder shark for this post

##vote shark

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

sharkmafia posted:

in what way does that vote suck? i felt my rationale was quite clear, particularly if you don't cherrypick exactly that post

oh do you have other posts that explain the vote in more context? let's see.

sharkmafia posted:

also shwinn i read obama's in-thread posts and nothing stuck out to me as super scummy other than them just not really casing anybody for the entire day so far. I'd vote them but it doesnt seem like a slam-dunk to me

##vote shark again just for emphasis.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

yeah dude, nothing did stick out to me as super scummy. that's kind of the point, shwiffles's case was not accessible to me directly

we had to vote someone, shwiffles seems like he's probably town, and tired moritz is suspicious so i voted contrary to his wishes. this ain't that complicated which is why i'm confused that you're confused

Your Personal Muse posted:

I would like to murder shark for this post

##vote shark

just as long as you write an apology post too

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

i want some contrition you understand

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
oh also that post sucks because it's clearly trying to create distance between yourself and the obama vote, like you're about to keep doing now i'm sure. it's also just a really thin rationale. someone you think is scum is making an argument for one candidate so you're going to go for another candidate instead. wow the mortiz case must be pretty solid huh?

sharkmafia posted:

lmao ##vote tired moritz

sharkmafia posted:

i am voting tired moritz because holy lmao that post

i don't like anyone who tries to suss someone for pushing scumhunting, moritz is a good vote

that said i am totally willing to vote obama and i'll be around for most of the day

hm.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

wow you are so convinced you're right huh

got that scum cold. knock em dead, slugger

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

anyway i'll be back tomorrow to figure out who i want to vote. we could try the base masonry thing I guess. also worth looking at shade masonry since they're down to 3 over there

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

sharkmafia posted:

yeah dude, nothing did stick out to me as super scummy. that's kind of the point, shwiffles's case was not accessible to me directly

we had to vote someone, shwiffles seems like he's probably town, and tired moritz is suspicious so i voted contrary to his wishes. this ain't that complicated which is why i'm confused that you're confused

just as long as you write an apology post too

I’m going to demand an apology from the mod for making someone a reverse death Miller

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
a mason elimination plan is objectively worse than it was yesterday since now the worst-case scenario is 5 town, 2~ scum alive, assuming perfect play. i do not understand why people who fought it yesterday are suggesting it now.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Somberbrero posted:

The logic here being that shwinn is scum because they were wrong about Obama being scum? I'm not understanding the case.

The logic is I scum read shwinn before for some suspicious setup spec and suggesting we focus on voting other town instead of hunting scum in masonry. After the setup got blown wide open, shwinn started pushing Obama who flipped town

To me, shwinn is still the obvious target

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Somberbrero posted:

a mason elimination plan is objectively worse than it was yesterday since now the worst-case scenario is 5 town, 2~ scum alive, assuming perfect play. i do not understand why people who fought it yesterday are suggesting it now.

oh, i will explain this, because i think going for hal is a decent option today actually

i didn't want to do mason elim yesterday because i wasn't sure enough about who the scum in my masonry was. and we can't really afford to miss, from my perspective. but if sandwolf is scum he's doing an extremely excellent job, whereas hal has nothing in particular to recommend him. not that i am particularly enthusiastic about the prospect but I am reasonably confident that i'm right now. it's not really about the math, that's dumb. it's about reads

I should ##vote hal i guess although as I said I'll read people more generally tomorrow

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

sharkmafia posted:

wow you are so convinced you're right huh

got that scum cold. knock em dead, slugger

do you want an apology from me for playing mafia? I'm sorry shark. I really am. Mafia is a terrible thing and no one should do it. I feel just sick about having made posts in this thread. I have taken time to reflect on my choices and I'm not the person I was when I made those posts. I'll be taking some time away from the thread to focus on my family. thanks be to Mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Somberbrero posted:

do you want an apology from me for playing mafia? I'm sorry shark. I really am. Mafia is a terrible thing and no one should do it. I feel just sick about having made posts in this thread. I have taken time to reflect on my choices and I'm not the person I was when I made those posts. I'll be taking some time away from the thread to focus on my family. thanks be to Mod.

man its fine i'm being sarcastic because i know you're wrong and i'm cranky

you dont actually have to apologize when my alignment becomes clear, that would be silly. we vote out town all the time