Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Mercedes would do handstands to have Verstappen says Wolff

Max and Newey to Merc. Keep sowing the seeds of defection, Toto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

please call before you dig

rpop
Dec 17, 2003

noveo@ace

Having just seen the race today, I can safely say the purple and red Pramac Ducati is the best looking bike on the grid

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

rpop posted:

Having just seen the race today, I can safely say the purple and red Pramac Ducati is the best looking bike on the grid

I wonder if Pramac is going to be an Audi sponsor when/if they join F1. would be a rad livery. Makes sense since they keep teasing some link with F1 and Audi is linked with Ducati.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

stealing their technical experts and having the redbull car turn back into a pumpkin would be funny too

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

rpop posted:

Sorry to inform you Gresini lavender is the best

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

smackfu posted:

Constructors championship will be kind of nuts if the top five teams continue to get 99% of the points. Haas is currently in 6th place with one point and there is a four way tie for last with zero points.

More funny to me will be how long Bearman stays in 10th.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

So far it is looking pretty dire - the top five teams are *clearly* in a league of their own.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
poo poo race
Sham sport
I’ll see you next week

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

MustardFacial posted:

poo poo race
Sham sport
I’ll see you next week

No race next week

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Starbucks posted:

No race next week

cast iron it is

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Super Formula race was good, Pourchaire really struggled though.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Nap report: I wish I had committed sooner, but lap ~32 to ~48 wasn’t a bad power nap. If it was anything but hoping Norris might get a safety car I’d have slept sooner.

Cant argue with it being a good race for a nap post the stroll incident.

More Saturday races IMO since midday naps don’t ruin my whole week’s sleep schedule

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Since I don’t want to post in AI I bought a Manual 2010 is250 as a beater because my 86 GT is gonna be a more dedicated track car.

It is funny that despite having 2 more cylinders and 500cc more displacement the Lexus makes the same power. Much quieter and more refined though. And not too floaty.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
F1 needs less money in it so it can be like IndyCar, where drivers can be sponsored by the Bon Jovi radio channel on SiriusXM, or NASCAR, where there’s going to be a race called the Call811.com Before You Dig 250

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Pirate Radar posted:

F1 needs less money in it so it can be like IndyCar, where drivers can be sponsored by the Bon Jovi radio channel on SiriusXM, or NASCAR, where there’s going to be a race called the Call811.com Before You Dig 250

To be fair the call 811.com every dig every time 200 is xfinity series and there's nothing stopping F2 from going nuts.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

refleks posted:

Congratz to Gasly for being 21st in a 20 person championship.

It's hilarious that this is happening again :xd:

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Nap report: I wish I had committed sooner, but lap ~32 to ~48 wasn’t a bad power nap. If it was anything but hoping Norris might get a safety car I’d have slept sooner.

Cant argue with it being a good race for a nap post the stroll incident.

More Saturday races IMO since midday naps don’t ruin my whole week’s sleep schedule

Turned over to watch Arsenal around one third through and half time had the last couple of laps and enough conversation after the race before I turned back. Don’t think I missed much.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Just saw footage of Sainz walking into the garage, he very much looked like a guy who's just had his appendix out, little steps walking like an 80 year old. Doctors apparently didn't want him out of bed, guessing he's cruising around on some slow release oxy's or something.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Frond posted:

Since I don’t want to post in AI I bought a Manual 2010 is250 as a beater because my 86 GT is gonna be a more dedicated track car.

It is funny that despite having 2 more cylinders and 500cc more displacement the Lexus makes the same power. Much quieter and more refined though. And not too floaty.

Nice, I've fitted the PP brembos to my 86, alongside TRD engine/gearbox mounts, diff inserts and an oil cooler. Looking to get out on track next month with it. Did also buy a set of KW coilovers but I wanna see how well it works on the standard setup first before I start going down that route.

Funny thing with the brembo setup is that the rear rotor is specific to the 86/brz but the front is shared with a bunch of STi's and I found the brembo pn for them. Except the place i ordered them hosed up and sent me a set of front rotors that are the correct size but they were 5x114.3 rather than 5x100 so somehow they sent me a part that was one number off the one I wanted. Luckily I'm getting someone to re-drill these ones.

Also I like that every oe part I've ordered including the TRD bits has not had a single toyota logo on it, everythings been marked Subaru

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

lol I totally didn’t realize F1 started so I checked the calendar, saw VER-PER-*** for the first two races, and realized I can just check out of 2024 too. Yeesh.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Nice to see Sargeant on pace to finish 21/20

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Verstappen was up til 4am the day before the Grand Prix playing iRacing, where he was kerb stomping other top tier sim racers in rainy GT cars whilst using a loving xbox controller instead of his usual sim rig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftAUPrQJ5EQ

Barring a mechanical problem or Perez doing an inhuman amount of blow before every race he's going to get a clean sweep.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

smackfu posted:

Constructors championship will be kind of nuts if the top five teams continue to get 99% of the points. Haas is currently in 6th place with one point and there is a four way tie for last with zero points.

Albon will probably find some points throughout this season, I feel like he's close. Sauber, Alpine, other RB and Sargeant are looking dire though, I agree.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Guys what if Alpine manage a McLaren-esque recovery in the second half of the season??

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Theophany posted:

Verstappen was up til 4am the day before the Grand Prix playing iRacing, where he was kerb stomping other top tier sim racers in rainy GT cars whilst using a loving xbox controller instead of his usual sim rig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftAUPrQJ5EQ

Barring a mechanical problem or Perez doing an inhuman amount of blow before every race he's going to get a clean sweep.

Currently plausible scenarios in which Verstappen’s dominance of the sport comes to an end:
1) RBR fucks up the 2026 refresh and other teams decline to hire him for some reason? Unlikely
2) RBR collapses entirely and he leaves for a worse team, but RBR continues having a dominant car? Also confusing, unlikely
3) His psyche finally collapses under the strain of only trying to race all the time. Increasingly likely

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Isnt the Bahrain race in the evening?

Makes sense to sort his sleep schedule out so its not surprising he was on at 4am.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Kirios posted:

So far it is looking pretty dire - the top five teams are *clearly* in a league of their own.

cost cap and emphasis on aero has really hosed the back half of the field, although Alpine is a specially level of hosed to drop so far back

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/44sedici/status/1766500283767472544?t=8rBHyTg4QrzXD41lC8q35A&s=19

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Me trying to pass off as sober walking into the corner shop while I'm stoned out of my mind

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Pirate Radar posted:

3) His psyche finally collapses under the strain of only trying to race all the time. Increasingly likely

Honestly would not be surprised if it turns out that Max is neurodivergent and racing is his special interest/comfort zone, which would make this outcome all but impossible. It really does seem to be the only thing the dude cares about.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Aphex- posted:

Me trying to pass off as sober walking into the corner shop while I'm stoned out of my mind

Don’t doxx me

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Bloody Pom posted:

Honestly would not be surprised if it turns out that Max is neurodivergent and racing is his special interest/comfort zone, which would make this outcome all but impossible. It really does seem to be the only thing the dude cares about.

The inside of a race car is the only place Max knows he is safe from Jos' fury.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Frond posted:

Not big on luxury cars but I do want to get a Lexus at some point, they seem to really focus on refining the ride and build quality rather than outright performance and tend to be a little under-appreciated as a result imo

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

"He meant Lexus but he ain't know it."

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The race was yesterday and I'm already bored when is the next Horndog scandal piece gonna release.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I want a Volvo wagon

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Arc Hammer posted:

The race was yesterday and I'm already bored when is the next Horndog scandal piece gonna release.

He got ratio'd pretty hard posting a mother's day tribute to Geri on Instagram today lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

lmao why would you think you can get away with that