Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Because so far he has gotten away with everything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Theophany posted:

He got ratio'd pretty hard posting a mother's day tribute to Geri on Instagram today lol

Lol wtf is this about?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

I want a Volvo wagon

I want one of those kei trucks from the 90s but everyone thinks I'm loving insane for wanting one.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
the only truck i’d ever buy is a Kei truck, anything bigger is just male insecurity

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Tony quidprano posted:

Not big on luxury cars but I do want to get a Lexus at some point, they seem to really focus on refining the ride and build quality rather than outright performance and tend to be a little under-appreciated as a result imo

I'm currently fantasizing about replacing our German cars with a Lexus GX550/Land Cruiser that i could just forget to change the oil in like a dirty dirty girl.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Tony quidprano posted:

Not big on luxury cars but I do want to get a Lexus at some point, they seem to really focus on refining the ride and build quality rather than outright performance and tend to be a little under-appreciated as a result imo

It's the Japanese Mercedes

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tony quidprano posted:

I want one of those kei trucks from the 90s but everyone thinks I'm loving insane for wanting one.

You're loving insane if you want any truck other than that or a Ford Ranger (the OG Ranger, not the current one)

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

You're loving insane if you want any truck other than that or a Ford Ranger (the OG Ranger, not the current one)

Maybe it's because our family daily driver when I was a kid was a 60s beetle but every car for sale now looks way too big to the point of being highly impractical. The smallest car Honda sells now is the Civic which has to be approaching the dimensions of a Crown Vic which used to be considered a full size car.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Tony quidprano posted:

Maybe it's because our family daily driver when I was a kid was a 60s beetle but every car for sale now looks way too big to the point of being highly impractical. The smallest car Honda sells now is the Civic which has to be approaching the dimensions of a Crown Vic which used to be considered a full size car.

Did they discontinue the Fit/Jazz over there? You can still buy them new down here in NZ, looks pretty great in the RS trim too.

Definitely ballooned to the size of what the Civic was ~15 years ago though.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Mar 10, 2024

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Cars peaked with the Mk4 Golf

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

wicka posted:

I want a Volvo wagon

I think my next car will be this or a mk7 gti

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I tried to like Lexus, I looked at an RCF and an LC and whilst the big old V8 motors were selling points they're hardly performant for the engines they're packing and the interiors seemed a bit dated.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

Cars peaked with the Mk4 Golf

Are you the weenie kid from ff1?

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

wicka posted:

I want a Volvo wagon

I want more wagon choices in the US

Also apparently the Thais have turned on Horner?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Thanks Ants posted:

"He meant Lexus but he ain't know it."

Lmao

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

I tried to like Lexus, I looked at an RCF and an LC and whilst the big old V8 motors were selling points they're hardly performant for the engines they're packing and the interiors seemed a bit dated.

I think Lexus is far more tailored for a person like me who thinks that 150hp is "more than enough for the road", thinks all German car interiors feel like the inside of rubbermaid bins with some fake wood trimming and is checking the panel gaps on every model in the showroom. Its very rare I can say this about a product but I am the target market for Lexus lol

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Adun posted:

:jackbud:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Adun posted:

Got a link?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

wicka posted:

I want a Volvo wagon

Volvo wagons ftw

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Bloody Pom posted:

Got a link?

lol I think it’s this mad page that seems to think U2 are going to write a parody song about it

https://f1-insider.com/formel-1-horner-red-bull-wende-feuern-62457/

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Thanks Ants posted:

lol I think it’s this mad page that seems to think U2 are going to write a parody song about it

lmao

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

This, if true, is an incredible development

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Please let this be true, what a time to be alive.

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too
#metoo #U2

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Post bonos, not boners

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

I used to have a Volvo turbo wagon but my neighborhood flooded and it got totaled :sweden:

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Bono, my desires are “Horner gone”

Nybble fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Mar 11, 2024

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Tony quidprano posted:

:3:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I used to drive a 1989 Volvo 240 wagon (no turbo). That car ruled, just absurdly dangerous in the snow.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Unspeakable sex affair

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Tony quidprano posted:

You’d like the IS/RC probably.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Frond posted:

You’d like the IS/RC probably.

How'd you like the GT86? I test drove one years ago when it was still a scion or whatever and I've always thought about getting one in the back of my head

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I love it it’s a fantastic track platform.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

track day bro! posted:

Nice, I've fitted the PP brembos to my 86, alongside TRD engine/gearbox mounts, diff inserts and an oil cooler. Looking to get out on track next month with it. Did also buy a set of KW coilovers but I wanna see how well it works on the standard setup first before I start going down that route.

Funny thing with the brembo setup is that the rear rotor is specific to the 86/brz but the front is shared with a bunch of STi's and I found the brembo pn for them. Except the place i ordered them hosed up and sent me a set of front rotors that are the correct size but they were 5x114.3 rather than 5x100 so somehow they sent me a part that was one number off the one I wanted. Luckily I'm getting someone to re-drill these ones.

Also I like that every oe part I've ordered including the TRD bits has not had a single toyota logo on it, everythings been marked Subaru

Wow. I’ve got top hats, PP shocks and control arms but that’s it I am on the stock brakes with Endless pads.

Frond fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Mar 11, 2024

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Thanks Ants posted:

I wish I could take credit for this.

quote:

Can't wait for their F1-themed album, including tracks like

Don't be horny, be a Christian

Where the street circuits have no name

With our without Zhou

P One

Beautiful Day [for racing]

Sunday Bloody Sunday [Imola 94 remix]

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Lemon (a song about alpine)

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Custard Undies posted:

I wish I could take credit for this.

Surely “With or Without Yuki” is the better pun there.

E: or With Or Without Guanyu if you want to keep it about Zhou

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009
The Wall
Which Seat Can I Take

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
It's lights out and a vertigo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants