Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://x.com/Brolylegs/status/1770221916114080176?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Oh no :smith: rip

dude was a real inspiration and likely better at fighting games than I'll ever be

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Well that loving sucks

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
drat. :smith:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Ah, gently caress

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

I'm sure LTG will have something nice to say.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

i choose not to think about ltg at all, personally

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Man this has been a rough few years, huh. Rip to an actual legend.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Weird Pumpkin posted:

i choose not to think about ltg at all, personally

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

o7

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
RIP to a real one. Incredibly nice dude, incredibly good player.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Aw man, not Brolylegs...

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
gently caress :smith:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Guy is/was a South Texas native here in the RGV, gently caress this hits hard. RIP

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
That's terrible. Rest in peace, brolylegs. :smith: I remember seeing him on cross counter TV and being blown away at how good he was at SF4 in spite of his disability.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Back in the USF4 days, I thought I could never build up the hand skills do do any decent combo, then I saw Brolylegs and knew that I was making excuses. May he rest in peace.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

Dracula Factory posted:

Back in the USF4 days, I thought I could never build up the hand skills do do any decent combo, then I saw Brolylegs and knew that I was making excuses. May he rest in peace.

Absolutely same.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
RIP Brolylegs. His last public tweet was dunking on LTG for getting banned in Tekken.

ESPN did a video piece on him and covering him at Dreamhack Dallas a few years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi6UzdjaUWM

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Dracula Factory posted:

Back in the USF4 days, I thought I could never build up the hand skills do do any decent combo, then I saw Brolylegs and knew that I was making excuses.

Brolylegs wasn't just a hero for people with disabilities. He proved even the most mid average joe could do well in fighting games if they actually wanted to. He was legit one of my idols and I never heard anything bad about him like I'd occasionally hear about other FGC celebs.

May he rest in peace.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Brolylegs ruled, RIP to a real one.

GenSpecific
Aug 17, 2005
IT'S IDEAS LIKE THIS THAT GET PEOPLE KILLED!!!!

Slippery Tilde
I watched him beat Rob$ at a melee tournament back when I played which was so god drat hype. Absolute legend.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That really fuckin' sucks.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

iPodschun posted:

RIP Brolylegs. His last public tweet was dunking on LTG for getting banned in Tekken.

lol

(the tweet in question):

https://twitter.com/Brolylegs/status/1768917131641463101

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

It's nice to know he left this place smiling.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

In happier news I guess aba is officially the next character in strive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsqEyTiuIkI

I never really played +R long enough to know what she does, but I'm happy for all the fans online at the very least. I think she's a stance character or something that has like, slow mode and then fast mode? All I really know about her +R incarnation is if she gets knocked down 3 times (?) she gets dizzy'd and you get to IK her

Another very cool strive redesign though imo

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Happy for the ABA fans excited to play ABA for the first time.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
A B A

Snicker-Snack
Jul 2, 2010
Holy crap she looks great.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

TGLT fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Mar 21, 2024

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
It's kinda funny how ABA looks so much different but Paracelsus looks exactly the same. Her expressions are so good though.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
An entire new generation of players gonna get blown up by Danzai.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Daisuke continues to loving kill it on this music

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Just got a chance to watch the SNK World Championship from this past weekend, and goddamn. That was one of the best KoF tournaments I've ever watched. Xiao Hai collapsing in the semis and the rise of Laggia were sights to behold. And while I knew of Soola, I didn't realize she was actually that loving good. Her Chris was terrifying. :stare:

Also, new Wolves game looks loving sweet. Makes me want to spin up my PS2 copy of Mark. Hard agree that they should cut the sparkle effects by about 50-75% and maybe drop the hitstop by about 20%.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Weird Pumpkin posted:

In happier news I guess aba is officially the next character in strive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsqEyTiuIkI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjqfSOnuyyM (English version)

So Johnny, Elphelt, and ABA... is season 3 the Season of Love...?

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
As for how she played back in AC/+R, she had two (well three) stances tied to her transformation mechanic. You had to either land her hit-grab (key) or consume a blood pack to transform from one state to the other.

In her default state, she's pretty slow and not very remarkable. She has some massive stun multipliers on some of her moves and has a pretty decent slow moving projectile, but your goal is absolutely to get transformed. Once she transforms, she becomes much faster, her normals all cover massive amounts of space, and she unlocks a bunch of powerful specials. The downside is that every command you do while transformed drains her health. She has a timer during her transformed state that depletes over time and if she gets knocked down she loses 1/3rd of it. If the gauge empties without transforming back through a key/bloodpack, she gets mini-dizzied which is where all the instant kill stuff comes from. Notably, she heals like 80% of the self inflicted damage back if she transforms back using a key, while she gets something like 120% back if she uses a blood pack.

She has a third transformation state that's an overdrive and requires the use of a blood pack as well. It was a fun gimmick in AC, but in +R it got massively massively buffed to the point where it's a key part of her strategy to go into that state. In her Goku Moroha mode, she deals even more damage to both herself and the opponent, but gains unlimited gatlings from and to everything. Notably, in +R it generates a massive wall bounce on activation which lets you do some ridiculous combos with just the activation.

She has a weird rekka that's a pretty staple piece of her combos, and the scrub murderer in Danzai which is an armored 2-hit move that is very spammable.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
A B A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPLlWDYqkCI

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Hogama posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjqfSOnuyyM (English version)

So Johnny, Elphelt, and ABA... is season 3 the Season of Love...?

Wonder if it'll be Slayer in the last slot.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Slayer would be cool but I've seen people point out that Season 3 hasn't had any new characters so I kinda doubt it.

Snicker-Snack
Jul 2, 2010

So no more bloodpacks, but she has to build up moroha timer during normal mode. No more health management either.

Still seems to have her garbage forward ground dash in normal mode, but also a normal airdash it looks like, so it might not be a problem. And lol at her old command grab being a guard crush that leaves her point blank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
The biggest loss is not having a giant punishable nago pop animation for mismanaging the gauge (or getting hit by a sweep)