Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

You probably think about Allen Berg more than his family does

God willing I hope that's true as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Hi every country on earth

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ethanol posted:

I have noticed quite consistently the euro posters get weirdly nationalist and over protective but in reality all hate each other to the point when they start fighting they immediately go for the cheapest tactics available like gently caress it as high a body count as possible in the most colltaterally destructive wars imaginable. then follow up by saying wasn't them.. it was previous management or something like that. meanwhile Helmut Marko exists. just something ive noticed.

alright

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
is f1 race soon?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

depends on your definition of soon.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
oof. i looked it up. 2am quali…

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?
Genuine question, is all of the broadcasts outside of Europe in SD? I'm in a sports bar in Mexico and I can hardly make out the team radio captions. Have I been spoilt by sky uhd at home?

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
No you're just in a sport bar in mexico

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
here in the us espn is "hd" (depends on how much your provider compresses it, it's 720p on youtubetv) and f1tv is 1080p and (i think) 50 fps

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

F1tv has always looked fine to me except sometimes it shows max or stroll.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Tony quidprano posted:

Corvette heads will always tell you "actually this one finally fixed the handling issues" they've been pulling that poo poo since the 80s. I think they probably would be better off fixating on finding a new therapist who is better at "handling" their mental health issues instead tbqh

I think the Corvette is probably the best bang for buck on the planet but I’ll also point out until like the C6 GM was notorious for building “Ringers” that they gave to magazines. The C4’s psycho skid pad numbers and 0-60 were essentially done by specially worked over cars.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

the milk machine posted:

you mean the Chrysler M1 Abrams Main Battle Tank?

I remember all the NAFO dog idiots calling it invincible and then the Russians destroyed one rather easily within 24 hours of it being deployed to the front line.

It’s probably the best tank on the planet but still, hubris.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Tony quidprano posted:

I think just given the general popularity of karting and money in it now you aren't really going to see any abjectly poo poo drivers anymore. in the 80s if you were rich as gently caress you probably bought say a formula Atlantic seat and then a formula 3 seat in the UK and then say an Osella drive in F1, maybe around something like 1985. Now if you're rich as gently caress you're putting your kid in a new kart chassis and sending him off to nationals with a blueprinted engine every year, kid is never gonna be a world beater or even an exceptional talent but he will be able to drive as competently as the next rich rube.

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?

Aware posted:

No you're just in a sport bar in mexico

True but the hotel TV is pretty poo poo as well, even though the TV is new.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
4K broadcast here in Oz. Well, Foxtel.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

ethanol posted:

I have noticed quite consistently the euro posters get weirdly nationalist and over protective but in reality all hate each other to the point when they start fighting they immediately go for the cheapest tactics available like gently caress it as high a body count as possible in the most colltaterally destructive wars imaginable. then follow up by saying wasn't them.. it was previous management or something like that. meanwhile Helmut Marko exists. just something ive noticed.

The US has admitted to using white phosphorus and .50 cal rounds on civilians and soft body targets. Both of those are against the Geneva convention and any other country in the world would be strung up by their toes for war crimes.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Mess w/ the best die like the rest

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

MustardFacial posted:

The US has admitted to using white phosphorus and .50 cal rounds on civilians and soft body targets. Both of those are against the Geneva convention and any other country in the world would be strung up by their toes for war crimes.

europe had Hitler and the dutch though.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

the milk machine posted:

here in the us espn is "hd" (depends on how much your provider compresses it, it's 720p on youtubetv) and f1tv is 1080p and (i think) 50 fps

why is it 50fps?

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
europe is so hosed up that several european countries made major contributions to the establishment of the great satan the united states of amerikkka

like several twisted old wizards conjuring a balrog

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Rinkles posted:

why is it 50fps?

no idea tbh, I just remember looking it up at some point because f1tv looks noticeably better than espn via youtube tv

I haven't even verified that's what it actually is

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

so what else is up

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

the milk machine posted:

no idea tbh, I just remember looking it up at some point because f1tv looks noticeably better than espn via youtube tv

I haven't even verified that's what it actually is

All their YouTube channel uploads are also 50fps. I never understood it.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

probably goes back to pal standards

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

hifi posted:

europe had Hitler and the dutch though.

The US has Trump, the old money steel industry, the old money oil industry, global espionage, the coal industry, the southern states, a bunch of farmers so loving stupid they turned the middle of the country into a desert for almost a decade, religion for profit, education for profit, healthcare for profit, rampant latent racism, a militarized police force, 1 of 3 countries that still use imperial measurements, an auto industry with a reputation only slightly better than Cold War Eastern Europe, and multiple narcissistic billionaires that a large portion of the country thinks are the good guys.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
letsssss do this

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Get In There Lewis

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Good evening my fellow F1 sickos who’s ready to watch Red Bull dash all our hopes and dreams again?!

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
who the hell dreams in this day and age tbh

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Max on pole by .5 seconds

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Quincy Smallvoice posted:

who the hell dreams in this day and age tbh

i dream of yuki

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Thanks Ants posted:

Get In There Lewis

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

Kvlt! posted:

i dream of yuki

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

This onboard of Magnussen has me loving the track even more than I already do

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Time for Logan to provide some comedy for us

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

i missed the FPs are Seb's bees from last year still there?

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
that kmag camera angle was the poo poo. it looked like 3x speed

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Custard Undies posted:

This onboard of Magnussen has me loving the track even more than I already do

yeah, great track for a gyrocam

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Fire George from a cannon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Kvlt! posted:

i missed the FPs are Seb's bees from last year still there?

Yes, 3 houses still there, the others have gone to a research place apparently