Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«656 »
C.P.A.N.
May 17, 2010

While he seems to run toward the edge of the fraggle/blue helmet invasion scenario, his theory seems fairly well thought out. I am not a nutritionist but nothing said seemed to stand out as a glaring error. He watches his salt and I respect that.

I have every intention of making beef jerky stew in the near future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dw33b
Apr 9, 2001

If you deny yourself a useful tool simply because it reminds you uncomfortably of your mortality, you have uselessly and pointlessly crippled yourself.

Mother gently caress! I've been looking for the Surviving Edged Weapons video for over 6 years ever since I watched it in an administration of justice class.

Edit: Also http://www.operatorchan.org/ Yes, a Chan for operators. May or may not be work safe.

dw33b fucked around with this message at Jun 14, 2010 around 20:51

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

"Wouldn't want to see an angry turtle with a gun, would ya? "

Well...

Oh man, I forgot about the treasure trove of KTOG.

oddspelling
May 31, 2009

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

dw33b posted:

Mother gently caress! I've been looking for the Surviving Edged Weapons video for over 6 years ever since I watched it in an administration of justice class.

Edit: Also http://www.operatorchan.org/ Yes, a Chan for operators. May or may not be work safe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFr30p0aZl0 Is this the one you're looking for?

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

I like turtles posted:

OK, gun itself aside, I like that suppressor.

Nunya
Apr 3, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

oddspelling posted:

This is the one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYBWGCFF88s

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

what is a man?

dw33b posted:

Yes, a Chan for operators. May or may not be work safe.
I don't remember the specifics but the guy who created this is a pretty big cock, so much that he has 3 or 4 bans dedicated to him in #tfr just in case he changes his host info.

dw33b
Apr 9, 2001

If you deny yourself a useful tool simply because it reminds you uncomfortably of your mortality, you have uselessly and pointlessly crippled yourself.

Nunya posted:

This is the one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYBWGCFF88s

Yes!

oddspelling posted:

Now I'm going to be dancing, operators need their cardio.

Pitch posted:

I don't remember the specifics but the guy who created this is a pretty big cock, so much that he has 3 or 4 bans dedicated to him in #tfr just in case he changes his host info.

I[m not surprised at all.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

In short, as the owner/operator of both a dick and a set of (admittedly male) nipples I'm not entirely sure that Suetonius is writing about impossibilities here.

I like turtles posted:

Why the gently caress would you put one of those telescoping bipod foregrips on a bullpup?

Imagine lying prone with that thing and trying to use that bipod.

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

UNBEARABLE AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Grippods are the stupidest AR accessory next to Accuwedges.

qtiyd

Black Stormy
Apr 1, 2003

Sgt. Shaved Balls posted:

qtiyd

loving truth.

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine

Are there any working rifles/pistols/shotguns it's okay to do terrible things to in the name of comedy/ Just Cause? Lets say I wanted a SKS shined up (ie: bluing raped) with pearlecent purple furniture with yellow tiger stripes. And lovely tapco stuff bolted on for extra style points. Would the world weep at the loss?

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

Dr. Pre-Med Student C. Bear knows a thing or two about medicine. Why, just the other day in lab, he learned

BOrangeFury posted:

Are there any working rifles/pistols/shotguns it's okay to do terrible things to in the name of comedy/ Just Cause? Lets say I wanted a SKS shined up (ie: bluing raped) with pearlecent purple furniture with yellow tiger stripes. And lovely tapco stuff bolted on for extra style points. Would the world weep at the loss?

not now, but 30 years from now? who knows.

if youre that concerned, do it to a modern production shitpile like a mossberg 500a or something. they always work and will always be there as far as we can tell.

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009

you can do whatever you want to a 10/22 and no one will care, ever

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

BOrangeFury posted:

I think this would work with any sort of hugely mass produced firarm that you can still get. I mean people don't seem to mind too much when people tart up 10/22 or like 500s.

EDIT: Well drat, beaten on both counts. I should learn to refresh threads before I respond.

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine

But I LIKE 10/22s

Then again, cheap mossberg 500 would probably be the best comedy option.

In unrelated news, I remembered that my dad has one of those huge serrated ww1 bayonets. We saw a similar one on Pawn Stars that went for like 150 or something.

So, just because you can turn your gun into a polearm dosn't mean you should.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Oh well looky what what we got ourselves over here.

BOrangeFury posted:

Wrong!

chairface
Oct 28, 2007
No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

qtiyd

What's an Accuwedge? Also why VFG's on 5.56mm's at all? I don't understand basic things about AR's because I'm an AK fanboy.

TheStig
Jan 3, 2009

Just need to mount the guns on the car....

BOrangeFury posted:

We Swiss enthusiasts strongly disagree.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

chairface posted:

What's an Accuwedge? Also why VFG's on 5.56mm's at all? I don't understand basic things about AR's because I'm an AK fanboy.

The accuwedge is a little piece of rubbery foam that you're supposed to slam in your upper near the takedown pin, to push the halves together tighter and eliminate wobble between the upper and lower.

Wobble between an upper and lower is normal and doesn't impact accuracy in the slightest, and shoving a piece of lovely foam in there to stop it is pointless at best and gun-jamming at worst. It's a stupid little accessory designed for people who don't know anything about guns. TenementFunster was notorious for his hatred of them.

Angry Guacamole
Dec 2, 2007

Oh God run away

BOrangeFury posted:

This is so wrong it just might border on a mild form of blasphemy.

niggerstink420
Aug 7, 2009

by T. Fine

Afro posted:

From what I understand the Sigma trigger is pretty easily fixed. There are 2 extra hard springs and you just take them out.

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/non-xd...rigger-fix.html

No way this is safe.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Don't you go near that dog, you understand? Don't go near him, he's just as dangerous dead as alive.

Kommienzuspadt posted:

not now, but 30 years from now? who knows.

if youre that concerned, do it to a modern production shitpile like a mossberg 500a or something. they always work and will always be there as far as we can tell.

You rang?

oddspelling
May 31, 2009

Atticus_1354 posted:

You rang?

For close encounters?

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Don't you go near that dog, you understand? Don't go near him, he's just as dangerous dead as alive.

Of course it is.

oddspelling
May 31, 2009

Atticus_1354 posted:

Of course it is.

Aww, that's gonna make someone a great avatar one day.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

oddspelling posted:

Aww, that's gonna make someone a great avatar one day.

If I remember correctly Capn Beeb is the one to thank for that.

Angry Guacamole
Dec 2, 2007

Oh God run away

Atticus_1354 posted:

If I remember correctly Capn Beeb is the one to thank for that.

That, along with like 80% of the other really nice gifs seen in TFR. He's like some kind of gif machine.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Oh well looky what what we got ourselves over here.

Angry Guacamole posted:

That, along with like 80% of the other really nice gifs seen in TFR. He's like some kind of gif machine.

I guess you can say he's the gif that keeps on giving.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Detective Thompson posted:

I guess you can say he's the gif that keeps on giving.

or the giver that keeps on GIFing

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Happiness is a tight butt and flat tummy. I have neither but yours looks awesome BTW do you have any beer?

Without hijacking too much, is there a free and easy app for making animated gifs?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

In short, as the owner/operator of both a dick and a set of (admittedly male) nipples I'm not entirely sure that Suetonius is writing about impossibilities here.

slidebite posted:

Without hijacking too much, is there a free and easy app for making animated gifs?

BeebWorks - input beer, output .gifs

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

since we're talking
about primaries

slidebite posted:

GIMP can make GIF's, it's free (as in speech and beer).

It takes a little to get used to the process, but there are web guides out there. It took me about an hour to make this one:

and about 10 minutes to make this one:

E: fixin mah tags

MazeOfTzeentch fucked around with this message at Jun 16, 2010 around 17:57

Black Stormy
Apr 1, 2003

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

and about 10 to make this one:

10 hours?

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Родина слышит

What file format do I need to get VirtualDub to extract frames? I have a DVD with OGG files on it and it doesn't seem to be able to open them.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

since we're talking
about primaries

Black Stormy posted:

10 hours?

minutes. fixed

Krigen
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

I think I read a review of that. Thought it was one of those baseball stories like "Pride of the Yankees", you know? But it's just about some crabby old sailors, stuck in this little town.

He's so drat proud of that .gif!

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

slidebite posted:

GIMP + Movie plug-in+flash to .avi converter+ 6 pack of XXXX beer+insomnia+ 1 hour=

Young Freud
Nov 25, 2006

Bogon posted:

Oh, gently caress yeah. I've been wanting this for a while now, especially since I'm looking to do my own animation based off this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discount_Bees
Aug 1, 2007

How do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?

qtiyd

«656 »