Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«670 »
Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master

thizzin forever posted:

It turns out you were the real demon all along.

code:
   TARGET WAS DESTROYED
You've taken a human's Soul.
   What a superb demon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Positronic Spleen
May 4, 2010

Just so everyone knows, it turns out that the game doesn't save dropping items until you exit the menu. I've given away a +5 sharp scimitar twice now. I just thought I'd bring this up in case people are concerned at any perceived unresponsiveness; when I drop items like that, I immediately start furiously typing out a message using the terrible and slow controller interface (I'd connect a USB keyboard, but the only one I have is on a laptop).

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

I still need Pure Bladestone/Faintstone. I'm online now and will be for the next 3-4 hours, probably.

PSN: Monkrocker if you can help. I'm SL107 but can get to 120 if needed. I can summon in 1-4.

Thanks!!

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Not that it really relates to this thread, but brand spankin' new dark souls 2 thread:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...hreadid=3615786

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

I'm wrapping up 5-2 waiting on the DkS2 PS3 download to become available, which happens as I finish dirty colossus. I've been waiting forever for this game, not reading spoilers and poo poo for that mystical first run, but I still take the bloody time to go back to the nexus and drop stuff off, then get back to 5-3 because ~* PWWT *~ (I want to get Selen's armor for the first time ever).

The inability to arbitrarily push WT to white is so loving annoying.

Also, Souls games should go back to having player lighting sourced from a belt-worn object in front of the character as in Demon Souls. It adds a lot to the mood when pushing through all the narrow corridors and claustrophobic environments.

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

Hey, everybody! I've had this game for quite some time, but knew it would be a huge time investment, so I hadn't plugged it in yet.

Well, yesterday I finally started it. I made it about 4 hours in with my Thief, beat Phalanx and equipped a short-spear and some pieces of plate from the same vendor. I'm feeling pretty good about my skills now, but one thing really pisses me off: I can't seem to find a way to unbind the L3 click functionality. It's so frustrating to be in the heat of battle, attempt to move in a direction, and accidentally use an item or de-equip my shield or swap my weapon. Is there something I can do about this? Or do I just have to handle my movement stick daintily while I'm trying to focus on beating the hell out of giant beasts?

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

I've ordered this game to tide me over until the PC release of Dark Souls 2. I've watched Squint's LP so I know how the game goes. One thing I wanna know is how difficult is it to shift world tendency towards white? Squint seemed to manage to get to Pure White in Boletarian Palace fairly early on, before killing the 1-2 boss I think, and I wanna know if that's actually feasible because apparently the armour you can get from Pure White there is really good.

Gestalt Intellect
Sep 14, 2011

did someone say puzzles

If you play offline then you will have to never die in human form and kill several bosses before you get to pure white tendency in a world, so it is kind of a pain. If you play online it's a lot easier because it moves you towards the server average, which is usually pretty close to white or pure white.

If you play online then you can get that armor after just killing the second Boletarian Palace boss or maybe even the first, and I agree it is very cool armor.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

If you go online, enter and leave a world, it should move towards the server average. On my recent playthrough, that was enough that killing one boss would put it to Pure White in most of the worlds. Maybe two bosses for others.

I think after you get it where you want if you go offline before entering a level it should stay the same. Then I guess you can reconnect after you're in? Oh, and make sure you kill yourself straight away in the nexus every time you end up human.

And that armour set rules if it's the one I'm thinking of. I got it straight after Phalanx on this run, used it the entire game apart from a couple of times I needed something else. It's only for lady characters though.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

McDragon posted:

If you go online, enter and leave a world, it should move towards the server average. On my recent playthrough, that was enough that killing one boss would put it to Pure White in most of the worlds. Maybe two bosses for others.

I think after you get it where you want if you go offline before entering a level it should stay the same. Then I guess you can reconnect after you're in? Oh, and make sure you kill yourself straight away in the nexus every time you end up human.

And that armour set rules if it's the one I'm thinking of. I got it straight after Phalanx on this run, used it the entire game apart from a couple of times I needed something else. It's only for lady characters though.

Yeah, the Executioner's set. Gonna use something else for the head though, Fashion Souls and all that. And yep, lady character.

I'm only really interested in PvE so I found a build that's 26/30/30/30 so I can, near as I can tell, equip every weapon in the game and mix and match, just to experience as much in one playthrough as I can. Maybe it's just me but Demon's Souls seems to have more in the way of unusual weapons than Dark Souls does. Maybe it's just something about the different style of translation that makes them seem more interesting.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Just out of interest, this is the build that I found online as a sort of "can do everything" build. Obviously it'd completely suck in PvP but I'm not interested in that, I just like the idea of an all around character I can go back to if I ever decide "hmm, what if I tried X weapon?" Sort of as a counter to my obsessive new character creation problem in Dark Souls.

Equipment's just as an example. I'm not sure which upgrade paths give the most bang for my buck and the character builder I found is incomplete and doesn't give damage figures for them. Again, I like this build because it seems to be able to equip every weapon and use every spell.

code:
Saria the soul level 125 Royalty

Vitality: 26
Intelligence: 26
Endurance: 26
Strength: 30
Dexterity: 30
Magic: 30
Faith: 30
Luck: 7

Weapons:
	Right Hand 1: Knight Sword
	Right Hand 2: Compound Long Bow
	Left Hand 1: Purple Flame Shield
	Left Hand 2: Talisman of Beasts

Armor:
	Helmet: Silver Coronet
	Chest: Binded Cross
	Gauntlets: Binded Gloves
	Leggings: Binded Boots

Rings:
	Ring 1: Ring of Magical Sharpness
	Ring 2: Thief's Ring

Miracles: 3

Spells: 4

manny kaltz
Oct 16, 2011

What?...

I've just started Demon's Souls so I'm not really familiar with the relative efficacy of the various pieces of equipment in the game.

My character is a Priest and therefore started with a Heater Shield. While playing within the first archstone of Boletaria one of those knights with the blue lights under their helmet dropped a Knight Shield. Both the Heater Shield and the Knight Shield seem to have the same defensive stats but differ in their attacking stats.

Is their any reason to use the Knight shield over the Heater shield for non-aesthetic reasons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

The Knight shield maxes out at a higher stability.

Edit: If you dont know what that means, the higher your guard rating/stability the less stamina is drained on a blocked hit.

«670 »