Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea

King Skinny Pimp posted:

I'd be more likely to put $5 on the baby being in the hospital receiving immensely expensive amounts of intensive care. Probably won't be dead until tomorrow, maybe Wednesday.

By intensive care, you mean tremendous amounts of epinephrine injections. It'll make the baby twitch so Myah can shut up about the evil Satanist doctors killing her miracle child

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McBeth
Jul 11, 2006
Odeipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.

An observer posted:

By intensive care, you mean tremendous amounts of epinephrine injections. It'll make the baby twitch so Myah can shut up about the evil Satanist doctors killing her miracle child

It'll be like Anabelle Lotus all over again.

Hambeast Juggalette posted:

NINJETTE DOWN

MY LITTLE NINJETTE DIED 1 IN A MILLION MEDICAL ERROR..FOR NO REASON. THE DOCTORS SHOOK THERE HEADS AT ME AND SAID WERE DONT KNOW WHY OR HOW. WHAT THE gently caress IS THAT? MY DAUGHTER SHOULD BE IN MY ARMS RIGHT NOW AND SHES GONE AND THATS PRICELESS TO ME!!! I PROMISED MY LOTUS I WOULD GET JUSTICE FOR HER DEATH TO MY VERY LAST BREATH! PLEASE HELP A JUGGALO FAMILY OUT.....

ohnoyoudidnt
Mar 19, 2005

I was told there would be pie

As regards door-knocking religious types, at my flat it depends who answers the door. One of my flatmates is Muslim and has actually had a drawn-out philosophical conversation for at least an hour with some Jehovah's Witnesses. If I answer the door, though, it's a serious face and, 'No, no, you need to go away and please don't come here again.' I'm in social housing so I'm hoping to scare them off.

ohnoyoudidnt fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Apr 27, 2009

Brillig
Oct 21, 2008

You know the world isn't fair at all. Titles aren't fairly distributed either. In time you'll learn my son. -2Bit
I don't even bother answering the door to people like that. I only answer the door to people I recognize/when I'm expecting something like the electrician. You can especially tell there's no good reason to answer the door to people who are dressed in suits and holding pamphlets. And if somehow it was someone that mattered, they could leave me a note, send me a letter, or call me. :colbert:

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

BunnySkull posted:

Love the crazy rear end new wall posts on the facebook group:

You'd think that a healthy baby (or one with a minor disability that wouldn't preclude an active, productive life) whom the parents initially considered aborting would make for a much much better "pro-life witness".

Either these people think everyone is as detached from reality as they are, or they care more about circlejerking amongst themselves than persuading people to not have abortions.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

McBeth posted:

It'll be like Anabelle Lotus all over again.

Who?

stitchy
Apr 19, 2005
sQuawk

Inspector_71 posted:

Who?

:nws: http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Anabelle_Lotus

stitchy fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Apr 27, 2009

BunnySkull
Jan 28, 2005

TABLOID JUNKIE
UNIDENTIFIED SOURCES SAID IT SO IT MUST BE TRUE!

Komet posted:

Bet $5 on baby dying in past two days

King Skinny Pimp posted:

I'd be more likely to put $5 on the baby being in the hospital receiving immensely expensive amounts of intensive care. Probably won't be dead until tomorrow, maybe Wednesday.

I wouldn't totally rule out the baby kicking off, but I don't think that would happen without some major blog drama and prayer chains, requests, orgies. I don't necessarily think Myah would sit there and blog and post on Facebook while Faith dies, but I could see her phoning one of her facebook group admins or blog buddies who would then turn it into an epic dramafest.

The best that could be hoped for is Faith dying quietly in her sleep during the night. If it turns into troubled breathing, rush to hospital, hook up to machines, this poo poo could go on and on. Since Myah has already retained some hardcore pro-life lawyer (hell she did that before it was even born) you know she will absolutely require EVERYTHING be done for the miracle baby - which is ridiculous but I'm sure the hospitals fear of getting sued will ensure it will take every measure it would in the case of a normal baby. Which is totally insane and bullshit that the hospital will be forced to waste huge amounts of time and resources on a hopeless case, but there you go.

I have absolutely NO doubt that Myah would love to turn this into a huge drama filled battle with the hospital, "trying to kill my lil miracle!" She'd have every crazy pro-life fundie in 100 miles down at the hospital protesting, Pro-life blogs writing non-stop about the brave mother trying to save her baby from atheist doctors. I bet the hospital staff groan audibly everytime she appears on their doorstep with the brainless wonder. They also have to be on their guard because they know she blogs (she mentioned that early in a blog post) and has headed a pro-life crusade for Zombaby so I'm sure they have to handle her with kid gloves.

(They tried to talk some sense into her early on to no avail. I'm sure by the time it got to the point that she insisted on a meeting with the hospital's entire OB-GYN department bigwigs along with her lawyer they were put on alert that they were dealing with the epitome of anti-rational - a whack job fundie looking for a fight at the slightest hint her baby wasn't a miracle or whatever)

Dr. Bonertron
Mar 26, 2009

The doctor said I was too muscular to be aborted
The most depressing part of this all is seeing the mother just slowly become unhinged. Sure, she's always been crazy, but skimming through the blog front-to-back, her mental fitness seems to be declining right along side little Faith's physical fitness.

Also, it seems to me that she's leaning more on religion now than she ever did in the past. Little things like not knowing which day is which Easter weekend and the overuse of the word "demon" tell me that she's pretty new at this. Her family has always probably been pretty fundamentalist Christian, but I don't think she took it all seriously until this happened. Really makes you wonder about the reasons people go to religion for answers.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

Komet posted:

The baby is just on the edge and there have been no blog updates in two days after she had posted every day for a long time. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd put 5 bucks on it.

You may have a point there. She could be in denial about it dying, which is why there arn't any new posts.

Also, can people still in the facebook group post some screencaps? Just for those of us who didn't join the group/got banned.

sexy mouse
Sep 18, 2008

sexy eye~
sexy nose~
sexy mouse~
don't you know~
Can you imagine how awkward it'd be to watch The Wizard of Oz with this woman?

claym001
Sep 4, 2006

Your children are protected

Torgo! posted:

Can you imagine how awkward it'd be to watch The Wizard of Oz with this woman?

She wouldn't watch it because it has witchcraft.

Apology
Nov 12, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I think that there hasn't been any entries in the last 2 days because they might be trying to do damage control. The story was supposed to be that this poor, unfortunate woman came to Jesus and the Pro-Life movement after she became pregnant with a handicapped kid and was deserted by the father. Now we've found out that she was a Pro-Lifer before she had the kid, and that the runaway father may be Dave Lirette, another Pro-Lifer. How embarrassing for them. I'm sure a lot of people who were initially supporting her would withdraw that support if this is true.

Instead of being an innocent victim, it's starting to look like everybody's favorite mother, Myah, is a Jezebel who slept with her religious mentor and callously used her offspring to hoodwink everybody into supporting her. Who's got demons now, huh? :colbert:

Dr. Bonertron
Mar 26, 2009

The doctor said I was too muscular to be aborted

Apology posted:

I think that there hasn't been any entries in the last 2 days because they might be trying to do damage control. The story was supposed to be that this poor, unfortunate woman came to Jesus and the Pro-Life movement after she became pregnant with a handicapped kid and was deserted by the father. Now we've found out that she was a Pro-Lifer before she had the kid, and that the runaway father may be Dave Lirette, another Pro-Lifer. How embarrassing for them. I'm sure a lot of people who were initially supporting her would withdraw that support if this is true.

Instead of being an innocent victim, it's starting to look like everybody's favorite mother, Myah, is a Jezebel who slept with her religious mentor and callously used her offspring to hoodwink everybody into supporting her. Who's got demons now, huh? :colbert:

Sorry if I missed a link... but where did this information come from? I don't doubt it, I would just like to see the article.

Apology
Nov 12, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Frocious posted:

Sorry if I missed a link... but where did this information come from? I don't doubt it, I would just like to see the article.

Bunny Skull's post right here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3121857&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=30#post359937145

It shouldn't surprise you that all of the video of Myah shrieking at people as an "Open Air Preacher" has been pulled down. There are a few more interesting posts on that page. All of the information's pretty easy to verify.

Wonder Bra
Jan 5, 2008

always in another castle

Apology posted:

I think she's probably just holed up. The snowballing harassment probably was enough to shut her up for a while.

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea
I think MIRACLE BABY got infected with something in the open loving sore on her head during Saturday's stroll

Apology
Nov 12, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Wonder Bra posted:

I think she's probably just holed up. The snowballing harassment probably was enough to shut her up for a while.

That's possible too. She could have just had a nervous breakdown and been avoiding the computer for a while.

Does anybody have a link for Dan Lirette that's newer than June 2008? He was all over the internet but he suddenly went silent after that. Could be that he finally went too far with his "Open Air Preaching" and the community in Moncton turned on him, of course.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Apology posted:

That's possible too. She could have just had a nervous breakdown and been avoiding the computer for a while.

Does anybody have a link for Dan Lirette that's newer than June 2008? He was all over the internet but he suddenly went silent after that. Could be that he finally went too far with his "Open Air Preaching" and the community in Moncton turned on him, of course.

It's odd, doing a little searching, I can't find anything either. His website doesn't exist anymore.

That's about the time that she would have become pregnant, too?

edit: looks like he's gone by Danny Lirette as well, and likes to put tons of his stuff on torrents

Some "testimony" from Aug 2008

http://www.charismamag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3302&p=61503

And a blog:

http://icministries.blogspot.com/

Hugoboy76 seems to be another username of his

Involuntary Sparkle fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Apr 28, 2009

Kristofff
Jan 3, 2005

M_E_G. ADI. K posted:

That really says more about the attitude to education and being informed that apparently 'normal' people can't be expected to know about stuff like taking folic acid while pregnant. Surely the sensible, rational response to learning you're having a baby is to look up what you should *do* in case that information is somehow useful?

Let's play at being normal people and assume the minimum amount of work is done and we consult a reference of dubious reliability.

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pregnancy#Management

Your claim that this woman cannot possibly have been reasonably expected to know that folic acid is an essential nutrient for a developing foetus is specious. Even wikipedia says it's a good idea.

I said she should not be expected to act any differently or know anything more than everyone else when they become pregnant just because she is a religious nutter. Your whole post was pointless because EVERYONE should do those things you waxed on about.

Here look:

rino86 posted:

Folic acid? She is a 23 year old fundamentalist single mother. I guarantee this was not planned more than 5 minutes in advance, and it is a miracle if she gave up drinking and smoking when she found out about the pregnancy.

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Normal people go to doctors and listen to those doctors when they find out they're having a baby. A lot of people might not know about folic acid since it does not concern them because they are not having a child. But once you're there, there is little excuse for ignorance considering how readily available all this information is.

Twice in a row?...

My point was that he harped about her being a fundie an made a whole post saying that is why she didn't take the proper prenatal care when that has no bearing on it.

See above requote for further example.

Apology
Nov 12, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

This is the last active religious post I've found for him, and before that he was everywhere. He likes to tell that story about findin' Jesus while in jail.

And a blog:

http://icministries.blogspot.com/

Hugoboy76 seems to be another username of his

This is from '06. The last I've been able to trace him is on 3/10/09, apparently he's coaching kid's hockey:

http://www.lmha.goalline.ca/team_staff.php?exec_id=21579

but his profile is blank. The other coaches have phone numbers and email addresses listed so the parents of the players can contact them.

Apparently something happened last summer that made him go underground and abandon his preaching. It could be the Moncton Market incident, in which he got into a shoving match with a Moncton Market store owner over his preaching:

http://www.moncton.net/forum/thread/113187.aspx (Naturally all video of the event has been removed, and the news article went to archive, but there's a synopsis of what happened).

However, it also could have something to do with a certain unwed mother who got knocked up in the summer of 2008 as well. I guess we'll never know. It's definitely a strange coincidence.

Part of Everything
Feb 1, 2005

He clenched his teeh and walked out of the study
Eh, she's not holed up. There's a blog post from today, just a pile of photos of the baby looking greasy and inert.

Karupin
Feb 27, 2007

...and that whoever has this crystal ball gets the power to unite the world... Eh? I was tricked? Really!?

Part of Everything posted:

Eh, she's not holed up. There's a blog post from today, just a pile of photos of the baby looking greasy and inert.

And slightly purple. Hopefully this is signaling the end.

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

Faith seems to be exuding slime from every pore

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

An observer posted:

I think MIRACLE BABY got infected with something in the open loving sore on her head during Saturday's stroll

This is exactly what I was thinking. I'm willing to bet that this little outing leads to some sort of infection.

Part of Everything posted:

Could be feverish and sweating.

stonedpanda
Sep 23, 2008

Stay thirsty my friends.

I think this confirms it! I actually took the time to skim through most of this and check what I found...

Dan Lirette posted:

To top it off, I'm also in Ministry, preaching the Gospel Open Air (though under my own Power and not the Power of God!), in the media, known by many and even had a position on the Evangelism Committee in my local assembly.

I became involved in an adulterous affair with a summer student staff member at our church and she became pregnant.

Was what I to do?

I had two options:

1- Run away to another city
2- Hope for the best without turning to God

The Lord had option #3 waiting, which I had no clue would happen... you have to remember, I was one who was 99% sure I had blasphemed the Holy Spirit!
Apparently he was married at the time he had an affair with our favorite nutcase, which probably explains why he disappeared.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I love you Goons.

You have turned a simple, fearful shock and awe at a brainless baby kept alive by an apparently mentally ill mother into a thorough investigation of the adulterous and sinful lives of fundamentalist pro-lifers.

God bless you :unsmith:

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

stonedpanda posted:

I think this confirms it! I actually took the time to skim through most of this and check what I found...

Apparently he was married at the time he had an affair with our favorite nutcase, which probably explains why he disappeared.

You're a better person than I am, for reading all of that! Now I'm insanely curious about where he is today. :allears:

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!

stonedpanda posted:

:golfclap:

Good find. Anyone want to buy the movie rights to this piece of work?

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

So are they eventually gonna use baby Faith as some sort of anti-adultery lesson, claiming that God afflicted her as punishment to the parents for their sin, or would that be too hypocritical since they've already held her up as this pro-life miracle?

hennypenny
Dec 16, 2005

life is just butterscotch and dreams

stonedpanda posted:

What a selfish son of a bitch. He knocked a (much younger) girl up with a traumatically disfigured baby and nowhere in that diatribe did he mention any inkling of responsibility for the baby or for the mother. It was all about him, him, him and HIS mental state and HIS salvation from God almighty and how it all turned out perfectly for HIM! Good thing God only punished that sinful whore!

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

I'm wondering if he changed his name or something? There's a Myspace out there that hasn't been logged into since 6/30/08, as well.

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

hennypenny posted:

What a selfish son of a bitch. He knocked a (much younger) girl up with a traumatically disfigured baby and nowhere in that diatribe did he mention any inkling of responsibility for the baby or for the mother. It was all about him, him, him and HIS mental state and HIS salvation from God almighty and how it all turned out perfectly for HIM! Good thing God only punished that sinful whore!

That made me loving nauseous. "Oh my wife forgave me in days! I can go about my life claiming zero responsibility for my actions, praise the Lord!"

samizdat
Dec 3, 2008

stonedpanda posted:

Haha, holy poo poo! One point for me! I was worried maybe I was pulling it out of thin air but it all just seemed really suspicious to me...

As for his disappearance, I'm guessing he's staying faaar away from the internet and Myah as he can be. This just gets better and better. I wonder if he has to pay child support (or whatever they do in Canada) to something that has no brain? Because that would really suck! Oh well, wrap it up or keep it in your pants next time, Dan!

edit: I just read through his rambling "testimony," and I love how it's almost like the "summer staff student" was like an agent of the devil or something, there to tempt him and he fell for it. There is no other mention of her. Wow.

edit 2: I don't know if I can link it, but he puts his stuff on torrents such as the big, well-known one that was just in the news, and the comments are interesting:

quote:

shoeshoe at 2007-09-23 00:57 CET:
Dan Lirette, in reality, is a closet homosexual who deals with his desire for penis by yelling at other homosexuals who are just minding their own business.

That guy is seriously tortured ... gay, but so afraid of gay men that he became a bible-thumping fanatic solely because he couldn't deal with his personal issues.

I'm betting he'll commit suicide pretty soon.

aweirdly at 2007-09-23 01:53 CET:
It's been awhile. He got laughed out of here the last time he posted this archaic info. He's so desperate that he can't even give this poo poo away.

Piss poor way to start your televangilist career.

Who wants to place bets that he'll land up in prison like Kent Hovind?

shoeshoe at 2007-09-24 22:17 CET:
ha ha Dan Lirette got arrested a few days ago in Chicago for propsitioning an undercover police officer in a restroom!

samizdat fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Apr 28, 2009

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Someone should post that blog link under that confession of his joyously announcing that God has turned his sin into a miracle!

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Holy crap, there is stuff about him all over the place:

http://media.locals.ca/localsconf/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=137101&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

just as I was trying to get some sleep. :argh:

Edit:

looks like he at least still logs into the forums at moncton.net, says he was last active today.

Involuntary Sparkle fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Apr 28, 2009

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
Nice update. Just a bunch of pictures of a dead baby laying there.

E3M1
Aug 7, 2006
All the pictures look more or less the same. This child does not do anything other than absolutely nothing.

Wonder Bra
Jan 5, 2008

always in another castle

stonedpanda posted:

Oh... my... God. When you guys started hypothesizing about this I thought it was far-fetched. Amazing!

This guy is a tried and true douchebag who has no concept whatsoever how to live a normal life and can resort only to one extreme or another. UGH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

o3o
Nov 29, 2002

1890 - 1918

stonedpanda posted:

Holy loving poo poo

This is the most disturbing thread I've ever read and it just keeps on getting worse every time I check it. Jesus Christ.