Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
If they went through the trouble of editing it, couldn't they have spent the extra couple of minutes to run the tennis ball "notes" through waveform analyzer software and determine if the pitch variations were consistent with the other samples of the song? Myth totally busted, guys :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

If they went through the trouble of editing it, couldn't they have spent the extra couple of minutes to run the tennis ball "notes" through waveform analyzer software and determine if the pitch variations were consistent with the other samples of the song? Myth totally busted, guys :rolleyes:

Exactly... I actually think, if I can somehow copy that video, I could run it through and check the pitches. Any guitar tuner plug in should work.

EDIT: Working on it now. Jesus, I do sound design, I COMPLETELY forgot I had all of the tools right here.

EDIT 2: I'm running it through Guitar Rig's built-in tuner (it was the easiest one for me to get), and they're all coming out as F#. Going to check some more, but, I mean, my loving ears are only hearing about 3-4 different pitches.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Feb 22, 2012

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

Mister Roboto posted:

I'm pretty sure those gametrailer guys are reading this thread and the neogaf thread on the same topic to mine ideas for their show.

On that note, anyone know any other forums that have rare/hidden stuff?

The Rare Witch Project can be home to some findings in Rare games (and other games), but I haven't checked their forums lately. If you just want to find some beta footage/pictures of games there is always Unseen64.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

This is the tennis-only bit, with the delays timing cut out as much as I could (the triple-hits are still there, unfortunately).

All I hear is bullshit. A high tone and a low tone.

EDIT: Aaaand just in case the rhythm might STILL be affecting your judgement, here are all of the 'high' tones, followed by the 'low tones' (with one sort of mid-tone in there too). That's, at most, 3 notes. I love :science:

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Feb 22, 2012

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This is the tennis-only bit, with the delays timing cut out as much as I could (the triple-hits are still there, unfortunately).

All I hear is bullshit. A high tone and a low tone.

Exactly, what a load of crap. Were they under pressure to make a video or something?

Youth with a Skull
Aug 16, 2004

Hit 'em with one-a dees
Grimey Drawer

Mister Roboto posted:

I'm pretty sure those gametrailer guys are reading this thread and the neogaf thread on the same topic to mine ideas for their show.

On that note, anyone know any other forums that have rare/hidden stuff?

Any chance on a link to the NeoGaf thread? I can't get enough of this kind of stuff and NeoGaf is hell to search through

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

They've accepted that they screwed up, and are going to update the video next week.

http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/pop-fiction/1062740?page=26&#post_row_36774213

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

:science:

You rock. Still the best. 2012.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

They've accepted that they screwed up, and are going to update the video next week.

http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/pop-fiction/1062740?page=26&#post_row_36774213

FINALLY justice is served.

I had never actually heard of that Easter egg before that episode, so I'm glad they did it anyway.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Come the gently caress on, "inconclusive?" It should read "WE hosed UP, SORRY VIEWERS!"

oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

Ohhh Bitch, You Got Jacked Bitch

triplexpac posted:

FINALLY justice is served.

I had never actually heard of that Easter egg before that episode, so I'm glad they did it anyway.

Just listening to the one posted here, it's not just inconclusive but no correlation at all

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

oldgoatmon posted:

Just listening to the one posted here, it's not just inconclusive but no correlation at all

Yeah, they should come out and say 'sorry for wasting your time'. But no. They really should do the equivalent of 'BUSTED' all over this. Also, this brings up the fact that they were pretty much duped by some jackass on the internet. Teehee!

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I'm sure they did it just in case it turns out they were right they can quickly go back and say WE WERE THE FIRST TO BREAK THE NEWS :byodood:

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
Neat stuff...

Mister Roboto fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Oct 23, 2014

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Mister Roboto posted:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=232550

Pretty much the same as this one, though more factual.

Wow, exposure to SA has made me forget about the sheer quantity of shitposting on the rest of the internet.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars

nexus6 posted:

Wow, exposure to SA has made me forget about the sheer quantity of shitposting on the rest of the internet.

Don't forget that this is NeoGAF. Which is supposed to be all high and mighty hoity-toity because you have to apply to get in.

These are the people that made the cut

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

FrancisYorkPatty posted:

Don't forget that this is NeoGAF. Which is supposed to be all high and mighty hoity-toity because you have to apply to get in.

All you need is an email address that isn't tied to a free site and it just takes a while for you to get an account activated.

NeoGAF is generally more friendly than almost any other game website, I've found, I think the penny-arcade forums are the friendliest.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I find it kind of annoying when someone wears the 'Gaffer' tag with pride. Wow, you post on a site. It's the same for when goons get all high-and-mighty to other non-goons about this place. Yes, we have a good forum. If anything, just keep it as it is, don't bring more idiots in.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

So did you also post your findings on Neogaf as well, or did the Pop Fiction guy misappropriate who did what? Because they're crediting someone on Neogaf for finding this out, those heathens.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Liku posted:

I'm sure everyone knows about Totaka's song by now; a 19 note melody hidden in every game Kazumi Totaka (Composer at Nintendo)has worked on, and it's been found in Wii Sports and it's loving mindblowing:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/epsiode-21-pop-fiction/727050

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcsay2JZ-5c

Here it is, under a minute, faster than gametrailers and without being talked down to by some overpaid nerd.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

I think the rhythm issue is important as well: the general consensus here is that they are not different notes at all, but there's no question that achieving that rhythym would be impossible in the game and all the other games with the song hidden allow you to play it without having to record it and edit the video.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

So did you also post your findings on Neogaf as well, or did the Pop Fiction guy misappropriate who did what? Because they're crediting someone on Neogaf for finding this out, those heathens.

No, some guy on NeoGAF used melodyne to debunk this, himself. I just posted my findings on the forums and my site. I find the clip where I grouped all of the similarly-pitched hits together really sells this on being completely wrong.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I don't know if this has been posted yet but back in the day I used to post on the Elder Scrolls 3: GOTYE message board on GameFAQs back in the day.

I'll never forget someone named Aelius (sp?) the Spymaster came in and posted some story about how she was killed by something called a 'King Dreugh' in the waters surrounding Vivec. This was all years ago but she described it iirc as a large Dreugh that was poorly animated and one-shotted her level 70 character or something.

So many people jumped on the bandwagon with 'omg i saw it too' or 'it got me too' or 'it killed me outside molag mar!' or other dumb poo poo. There were no videos or anything afaik but this was on XBox so it was a long while ago. I remember spending several days pointing out the various ways something like the 'King Dreugh' wasn't possible.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

I don't know if this has been posted yet but back in the day I used to post on the Elder Scrolls 3: GOTYE message board on GameFAQs back in the day.

I'll never forget someone named Aelius (sp?) the Spymaster came in and posted some story about how she was killed by something called a 'King Dreugh' in the waters surrounding Vivec. This was all years ago but she described it iirc as a large Dreugh that was poorly animated and one-shotted her level 70 character or something.

So many people jumped on the bandwagon with 'omg i saw it too' or 'it got me too' or 'it killed me outside molag mar!' or other dumb poo poo. There were no videos or anything afaik but this was on XBox so it was a long while ago. I remember spending several days pointing out the various ways something like the 'King Dreugh' wasn't possible.
It's upsetting how well I remember this. The game has an application on pc which can easily verify the accuracy of all claims and still this happened :V

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

It's upsetting how well I remember this. The game has an application on pc which can easily verify the accuracy of all claims and still this happened :V

I remember loading up the WE and being like 'LOOK THERE IS NO KING DREUGH THE GAME DOES NOT JUST RANDOMLY MAKE MONSTERS'.

As far as I know, Morrowind didn't even have any way of 'creating' monsters, just occasionally spawning different ones from a set list.

Were you there for that? I was oOo0Zero0oOo or something.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Hey, so this is a thing...

Looks to be on the japanese cart only, but if anyone could verify...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqPtaotGLy8

The only thing I love more than Rare mysteries would be SMB3 ones. :allears:

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
That's hilarious.

Mister Roboto fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Oct 23, 2014

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Something was discovered in Capcom's classic RPG Breath of Fire II late last year, and I'm here to spread the word because I dismissed the story of it as a dumb internet rumor.

There is a dungeon beneath the Bando church where you step on directional arrows (left and right) to make a path to the next door appear. (This closes off the previously opened doors.) You step on the arrow, the doorway moves. To get to the boss, you gotta step on the right button four times.
The rumor was that there were secret bonus rooms beyond that. But stepping on the right arrow won't move the door any further, so any reasonable person gives up here.

What you have to do is stand still on the arrow for some ridiculous amount of time. There is no indication you should do so. But if you do stand there for ten minutes or so, you'll get access to five hidden rooms. Two have rare treasures, one holds prisoners, in one there's a mini-boss (not even) fight, and in one you get Seny, the holy shaman, earlier than you usually would.

One reason this wasn't made common knowledge earlier is that the arrows stop working after you beat the boss of the dungeon.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Also, don't know if I mentioned it forever ago (like years ago in the other thred), but, in Super Mario Bros 3, a chain-chomp will break free after approx 45 lunges.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

FrancisYorkPatty posted:

There's also a hilarious amount of viral marketers on that forum.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Also, don't know if I mentioned it forever ago (like years ago in the other thred), but, in Super Mario Bros 3, a chain-chomp will break free after approx 45 lunges.

Any video of this?

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

the_american_dream posted:

Any video of this?

Heres one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4THDnt3wSA

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ninja edit: ^^^ Yeah, that too.

the_american_dream posted:

Any video of this?

You need proof, other than the fact that I've done it? :colbert:

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Ninja edit: ^^^ Yeah, that too.

You need proof, other than the fact that I've done it? :colbert:

I tried it but the chain chomp just ate a hyper-realistic representation of my dead autistic girlfriend.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Not gonna lie, EA adding Syndicate-SBZ.nfo to the install directory of Syndicate was pretty clever:

pre:
                                  ████████
                              ████        ████
                          ████                ████
                       ███                        ███
                      █             ▓                █
                    ██              ▓                 ██
                   █                ▓▓                  █
                  █                   █▓                 █
                 █                    ▓█                  █
                █   ███            ████▓                   █
               █      █    ▓      ███                       █
               █     ██  ████     ▓███            ████▓     █
              █      ████████      ▓███▓         ▓█   ▓▓     █
             █        ▓▓   ██       ████          █           █
             █             ██▓               ██▓ ▓█▓          █
            █             ▓████    █████    ████████           █
            █             ▓███  ███████████  █████▓            █
           █               ▓█ ███████████████ █                 █
           █                 █████████████████                  █
           █                ██▀▀███████████▀▀██                 █
          █                 ███▀▄▀██▀█▀██▀▄▀███      ▓           █
          █      █▓     ▓█ ████▄   ▄███▄   ▄████   ▓███          █
          █     █ ▓▓   ███ █████████████████████ ██████▓     ▓   █
          █    ▓   █  ████ ████████ ▄█▄ ████████ ███▓ ██   ██    █
          █        █████▓▓ █████████████████████ ███   ██ █▓     █
          █         ███    ██ ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀ ██ ▓▓     ▓█▓      █
          █                 ██ ██▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄██ ██                  █
          █                 ███▄▀█████████▀▄███                  █
           █                 ████▄▀▀███▀▀▄████                  █
           █               ▓  ██████▄▄▄██████  █▓               █
           █             ████   ███████████   ██▓               █
            █           ▓██████    █████    ▓███               █
            █           ██                   ▓██▓              █
             █          ▓█▓        ████      ▓███████         █
             █           █▓        ████      █████▓█▓         █
              █          ██         ████      ▓    ▓         █
               █     █▓███▓         ▓███           █        █
               █    ▓               ███            ▓█       █
                █                   ███                    █
                 █                ▓██                     █
                  █               ██                     █
                   █              ▓█                    █
                    ██              █                 ██
                      █              ▓               █
                       ███           ▓            ███
                          ████                ████
                              ████        ████
                                  ████████

Syndicate™
                          © 2012 ELECTRONIC ARTS, INC.

· ─ ─·-────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────-·─ ─ ·
   DISC Count.......: 01
   Protection.......: Yes

Support the software companies. If you play this game BUY it!

Release Information

Game Notes:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Set in 2069, Syndicate takes players into a dark, Machiavellian world run 
    without government oversight with many syndicates vying for total dominance 
    of their local market place. With no one to question their intentions or 
    actions, three mega corporations - Eurocorp, Cayman Global, and Aspari - are 
    at the forefront of this brutal war for control of the pivotal American market. 

In the world of Syndicate, everything is digitally connected, including the 
    people. Players aren't limited to the weapons in their hands. Through DART 6 
    bio-chip technology implanted in their head, players can slow down time and 
    breach the digital world around them to take down their foes using a variety 
    of upgradable hacking mechanics. Syndicate's blend of fast-paced, futuristic, 
    action shooter settings and story combined with innovative chip breach 
    gameplay instantly immerses players in a unique digital world.

Install Notes:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1) Insert disc
    2) Play ;)

Starbreeze Application Information

Are you bored with watching from the sidelines? Ready to make the switch?
    Do you have considerable talents in any of the following areas?

- Art, modeling, texturing, sound design

- Programming

- Game design

If you meet one or more of those criteria, and want to be a part of the fun,
    email us at jobs@starbreeze.com today!

For other ways to contact us, see below.

Over a hundred people spent several years of their lives making this game.
    If you like what you play, please consider purchasing it if you haven't

How to Contact Starbreeze

E-Mail: jobs@starbreeze.com
                        Forum:  http://www.starbreezeforum.se/
                        Web:    http://www.starbreeze.com/

SBZ:    No sleep until gold

· ─ ─·-────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────-·─ ─ 

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Hey, so this is a thing...

Looks to be on the japanese cart only, but if anyone could verify...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqPtaotGLy8

The only thing I love more than Rare mysteries would be SMB3 ones. :allears:

It's a glitch in the Japanese version. That big blue thing is actually the room that you get the music box from; if you fly over it, you still trigger the treasure chest even though you aren't in the room. In the US version the room is moved somewhere else so you don't go through a pipe to get to the end of the level, it just ends.

If you love hidden SMB3 stuff, check out the TCRF page for it. ThereKs unused levels and bonus games and tiles and enemies and...

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
It's false.

Mister Roboto fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Oct 23, 2014

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Farbtoner posted:

Not gonna lie, EA adding Syndicate-SBZ.nfo to the install directory of Syndicate was pretty clever:

Starbreeze is pretty drat awesome. All credit goes to them, EA isn't that clever.

Be Depressive
Jul 8, 2006
"The drawings of the girls are badly proportioned and borderline pedo material. But"

Matlock posted:

There's also a hilarious amount of viral marketers on that forum.

My brother-in-law legitimately has Aspergers and has been banned from NeoGaf three or four times for arguing about video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Be Depressive posted:

My brother-in-law legitimately has Aspergers and has been banned from NeoGaf three or four times for arguing about video games.

Define arguing. Was he just debating qualities or are we talking essay-length posts about the true meaning of Chrono Cross' ending?