Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canis minor
May 4, 2011

poor bear :(

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Weezy88
Sep 25, 2006

t_violet posted:

Holy gently caress. Took me a while but my heart sank when I did see it.

Ninja Toast!
Apr 22, 2009
Ha, that was on facebook awhile ago and after looking for about a minute I decided it was one of those stupid things that doesn't really have anything in it.

Guess I was wrong.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Ninja Toast! posted:

Ha, that was on facebook awhile ago and after looking for about a minute I decided it was one of those stupid things that doesn't really have anything in it.

Guess I was wrong.

On images that don't have something immediately obvious I sit back and check to see if they're a .gif. I won't be burned by a "screamer" type image again!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I had to open it in photoshop and turn up the brightness to actually see it. That always takes away from any potential scare.

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them

fork bomb posted:

Buster is legion.

Buster is already here.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

This got posted in the Dirtiest House thread on GBS :stare:

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

The Saddest Rhino posted:

This got posted in the Dirtiest House thread on GBS :stare:

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Rujo King
Jun 28, 2007

I say old chap have you any of the good sort of catnip if you know what I mean... harrumphaarmaammhhhmm

kinmik posted:

For me this picture's got more in common with Francis Bacon's study after Velasquez' portrait of Pope Innocent X, if only because the "Good Man" is really a dead, skeletonized Jesus Christ nailed to a cross.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

t_violet posted:

I had to open it in another tab, but that did it. Howdy Ho, fella!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I really like the anguish in this one.

I know this is just some sort of anatomy drawing but something about just makes me think of necromancy.

SKEET SKEET
Jan 2, 2010

hyperhazard posted:

And this is why I've decided never to surf :ohdear:

I know that this picture was a fraud (as far as being a shark goes), but this is the real deal. This happened last year in San Diego almost right outside my front door (not my picture).

I was supposed to go SCUBA diving the day that this happened, and I got a call from my buddy telling me about how the beach was still opened, but they were warning people. No diving for me that day, despite my insanely irrational love of sharks.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Rujo King posted:

For me this picture's got more in common with Francis Bacon's study after Velasquez' portrait of Pope Innocent X, if only because the "Good Man" is really a dead, skeletonized Jesus Christ nailed to a cross.
Holy poo poo, thanks. The more you--

Rujo King posted:

--noooooo... :saddowns:

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Rujo King posted:

IT IS THE 41ST MILLENNIUM

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

FreudianSlippers posted:

I really like the anguish in this one.

That doesn't seem creepy to me so much as, "You just hosed with the wrong mailman!"

Rujo King
Jun 28, 2007

I say old chap have you any of the good sort of catnip if you know what I mean... harrumphaarmaammhhhmm

kinmik posted:

Holy poo poo, thanks. The more you--

--noooooo... :saddowns:

Francis Bacon was an expert at that sort of imagery.

But my personal favorite is Odilon Redon.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

All of Guim Tió Zarraluki's art freaks me out. There's just something so terribly off about the faces.

That's the stuff nightmares are made of.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Abnegatus posted:

Alright, so I made this black and white which some would constitute as "creepy". I want to shove something in there, but am unsure what. I tried finding an alien face to throw in the darkness, but I think it looks stupid as hell. Care to give me any recommendations?

Link for huge: http://i.imgur.com/kV2P3.jpg

Things like this really put me on edge because of the placid nature of it. Who knows if that thing is malevolent and there's nothing particularly terrifying about it in the light, but to look up and suddenly see something like that staring through the window... I get the shivers just thinking about it.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

eithedog posted:

This reminds me of the deleted scenes from David Lynch's The Alphabet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRlgPgRDmgk#t=02m45s

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

hyperhazard posted:

All of Guim Tió Zarraluki's art freaks me out. There's just something so terribly off about the faces.

Is he using photorealistic mouths? I think that's what causes the uncanny valley effect.

Ninja Toast!
Apr 22, 2009

FreudianSlippers posted:

This is one of those spinny toys, isn't it? The kind where you pull the strings to make it go.

There, now it's not scary at all.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
It's made of ghosts. :spooky:

Bubble Bathory
Apr 22, 2008

HELLO, YES, THIS IS BUBBLE BATHORY. LOOKS LIKE WE'VE GOT A BADASS OVER HERE WHO CAN'T STOP POSTING ABOUT HOW MUCH HE LOVES MEMES.

THAT'S THE JOKE.
Glad to see the Francis Bacon love itt.
For those interested in the man, there's a movie about him on Netflix (instant, last time I checked) called Love Is The Devil.

Now, I'm posting this both to contribute and in hopes that one of you might know who the artist is

Does anyone know what this terrifying/gorgeous sculpture is?

edit: Turns out I have way more creepy stuff on my computer than I realized.

I have a shitload more supernatural/death/occult-related poo poo I'll post later.

Bubble Bathory has a new favorite as of 22:28 on Feb 13, 2012

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Bubble Bathory posted:

Is this real? And if so, does anyone know the name of the condition? That's amazing.

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE
Dec 28, 2000

ASK ME HOW TO GET FREE BEER!
(THE ANSWER IS "CHEATING GOONS OUT OF IT")

Bubble Bathory posted:

That is the (supposed) skull of Mary Magdalene.

Bubble Bathory
Apr 22, 2008

HELLO, YES, THIS IS BUBBLE BATHORY. LOOKS LIKE WE'VE GOT A BADASS OVER HERE WHO CAN'T STOP POSTING ABOUT HOW MUCH HE LOVES MEMES.

THAT'S THE JOKE.

Bad Munki posted:

Is this real? And if so, does anyone know the name of the condition? That's amazing.

I was always under the impression that this is just a cut-away child's skull, so that you can see the mature teeth that are (were) about to come in.

edit: Thanks wheezy. That at least gives me something to go on; I am sometimes woefully ignorant of some aspects of Catholicism, despite how fascinating and generally badassed I find it to be.
Holy gently caress, the idea of that being the skull of Mary Magdalene adds that much more creepy weight to that photo.

Bubble Bathory has a new favorite as of 23:02 on Feb 13, 2012

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Bubble Bathory posted:

I was always under the impression that this is just a cut-away child's skull, so that you can see the mature teeth that are (were) about to come in.

Ah, that's plausible. At first I didn't really see the part where it looks to have been cut away. Either way, interesting!

Bad Munki has a new favorite as of 23:30 on Feb 13, 2012

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Bubble Bathory posted:

edit: Thanks wheezy. That at least gives me something to go on; I am sometimes woefully ignorant of some aspects of Catholicism, despite how fascinating and generally badassed I find it to be.
Holy gently caress, the idea of that being the skull of Mary Magdalene adds that much more creepy weight to that photo.

There's an add-on for your browser so you can search google with an image. It's really handy when trying to identify a picture.

canis minor
May 4, 2011

Bubble Bathory posted:

Now, I'm posting this both to contribute and in hopes that one of you might know who the artist is

David Kendall - his art reminds me of Chet Zar.

I've always found art of Joel-Peter Witkin to be terrifying, obscene and shocking. The same goes for Sławomir Rumiak - but while Witkin deals with grotesque, Rumiak deals with mutilation. They both do realistic photo manipulations, however I can't see the point of such - it's like viewing a dA crap on professional level.

On the other hand - I do enjoy Bacon's art. Of course it's weird, but I'd guess it's also true, it reflects his life, his youth and relationships. Dunno.

Let me drop links to artists portfolio's that are indeed creepy for this thread: Kris Kuksi, Sanya Glistic and two that I think are the same person: Ana Bagayan, Mark Ryden.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Bad Munki posted:

Yeah, it's just teeth growing in. Happens to everyone. eta oh woop I left this tab open too long :blush:

Bubble Bathory
Apr 22, 2008

THAT'S THE JOKE.

eithedog posted:

David Kendall

Just found his rendition of the Erlking, I think it belongs here.

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.

Dave Syndrome posted:

Is he using photorealistic mouths? I think that's what causes the uncanny valley effect.

It's not uncanny valley.

The Worst Unicorn
Nov 4, 2009

~*I Sparkle You Sparkle*~

Bubble Bathory posted:

It's a reliquary, a decorative container meant to display a piece of a saint or other important religious figure. Having a reliquary was a big draw for a church, so a lot of the 'saint's' bones were actually whatever bones happened to be around.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Dave Syndrome posted:

Yikes, I never even realized that the mouths were done in a different style. I think it's the eyes, though, that get me.

They just keep staring... :stare:

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
Reliquaries are awesome!

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

No Pun Intended posted:

Reliquaries are awesome!

They sure are!

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I'm sure it's been posted several times in this thread so I won't post about that crazy insane Russian Ossuary.

Anyway when I was little and had to go to church and sunday school my priest was telling us about relics and stuff. I thought it was so badass from the way he described it, I was thinking of like a fuckin' holy SKULL sitting in a cabinet somewhere repelling demons and poo poo. I asked him if our church had a relic, and indeed it did.

I was supposedly one of the finger bones of some saint or something, and no we couldn't see it. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

hyperhazard posted:

Anyone else see Tyra Banks in this?

• Locked thread