Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I just bought A Smoker

Wood chips in 3 different flavors (Apple, Hickory & Pecan

A Rice Cooker

I'm ready for Spring to get here already!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

All brisket all the time

squeee
Apr 23, 2009

the thrill of the chase.

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

I need to get this for my girlfriend. Where'd you get it?

http://skreened.com/nerdylaurita/bibbity-bobbity-back-up

Look Human is generally awful in-terms of quality and customer service, so I didn't want to risk ordering through them.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Trastion posted:

I just bought A Smoker

I'm ready for Spring to get here already!

I'm about to become a bachelor again and am planning on making something like this one of my first purchases.

Do you know if that's something that I can just leave out on the balcony like a grill? Will it need a cover or something?

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Trastion posted:

This one is easy... Priapism

Boo for beating me to this.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Robawesome posted:

Welcome to the world of wetshaving! For starting that brush is probably fine, but upgrade to a silvertip badger brush asap. It's a world of difference when lathering and applying soap to your face. Your brush looks like it's made of hay.

It's boar which some people prefer over badger, but yeah I'll probably treat myself to a nice badger in the future if I enjoy this whole wetshaving thing.

omnibobb posted:

I'm about to become a bachelor again and am planning on making something like this one of my first purchases.

Do you know if that's something that I can just leave out on the balcony like a grill? Will it need a cover or something?

also interested in this

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Can I come over? :)

roobots
Dec 4, 2006

You can only think of Halloween until you die.

I'm blown away that Timbuk2 makes a bag that isn't aggressively ugly. I had no idea. This thing looks great!

Just picked up my second pair of these. They're super comfortable for working out or just hanging around the house. Prime shipping too!

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Just picked up an Osprey Atmos 50 bag. It's great :neckbeard:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

booshi posted:

Guitar effects pedals! Just put together a Rat clone yesterday and finished populating a board for a Blue Box and a Phase 90.

Yes, please please. When I was drilling for the Rat my cat scared the poo poo out of me sneaking up on me, the drill slipped, and now one of the pots is mounted a little, umm, droopy.

Feel free to name my Rat, Phase 90, Blue Box, Tremolo, and Super Hard On clone.

I demand credit.

RAT (distortion) - Cobain's Brains
Phase 90 (phaser) - LASERS BITCH PEWPEWPEW
Blue Box (fuzz) - Natural Blonde
Tremolo (tremolo) - McFly
Super Hard On (boost/compression?) - Lemon Party Deluxe

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

No pictures but I just got Modest Mouse tickets since they'll be in my state for the first time since I began listening to them five years ago. :woop:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hummingbirds posted:

No pictures but I just got Modest Mouse tickets since they'll be in my state for the first time since I began listening to them five years ago. :woop:
They're playing New Orleans in May and I wasn't able to get tickets because they sold out in 20 minutes :(

Oh well. I've been a fan of theirs for a decade now, but I wasn't really sure I wanted to see them anyway because from videos/audio I've seen/heard of them playing live in the last few years, they haven't sounded that good. So I guess it's not a huge loss for me. Although I'll probably still try to see them live sometime in the future.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

I woke up specifically to buy 'em when they went on sale. For $50 I'm willing to take a bet on the quality of the show.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

roobots posted:

I'm blown away that Timbuk2 makes a bag that isn't aggressively ugly. I had no idea. This thing looks great!

Thanks! It's the new 2014 design and I just picked one of the premade ones because it was on sale. This is the small "confetti" if anyone is interested. It's almost always sold out on the official site, but Amazon has it for the same price ($89) and there are still two left in stock.

I'd been wanting a Timbuk2 bag for years but I kept putting it off because I thought they were too expensive, so when I saw this one on sale I jumped on it and oh my God. I now understand why they cost $89. I'm really impressed. It's beautiful and roomy and feels like it will last forever. Comes with a lifetime warranty, too.

I'm definitely buying a black one of these for my husband.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

:c00lbert:

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

omnibobb posted:

Cover it otherwise your electronics will die. I use the box set over mine. It never rains here though, if you're somewhere that it rains just spend the $25 on the cover or move it into your garage or something.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
I paid to see Tool in San Francisco, for the first time. Holy poo poo, probably the best $85 I've spent in a while. Got (a lot of) beer spilled on me, the people in front of me were almost pukingly drunk and high, and it was still one of the best concerts I've been to.

rds
Nov 28, 2004

Glottis posted:

I paid to see Tool in San Francisco, for the first time. Holy poo poo, probably the best $85 I've spent in a while. Got (a lot of) beer spilled on me, the people in front of me were almost pukingly drunk and high, and it was still one of the best concerts I've been to.

Took a REALLY lovely seven hour drive to see them for the 2nd time in Reno, definitely worth it. Also spilled my share of beer and plenty spilled on me. A sticky, sweaty good time.

Blackbird Betty
Mar 27, 2010
I fell in love with this bag I saw on Tomboy Style. I couldn't stop thinking about it - it was the perfect work bag, but I couldn't afford to pay $300 + shipping to New Zealand for it either.

It turns out American Apparel has done a good copy, but it was still going to cost NZ$70 just to get it to me. Plus the whole thing seemed unfair.

So after a lot of searching, I ended up shipping a different but similar bag direct from manufacturers in Shenzen, China, through Aliexpress.com. It was weird but everything seemed to work well, and I have this gorgeous bag for something like NZ$90. It claims to also be handcrafted, although who really knows, and I actually prefer it without the little pocket at the front. Success!

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Blackbird Betty posted:

I fell in love with this bag I saw on Tomboy Style. I couldn't stop thinking about it - it was the perfect work bag, but I couldn't afford to pay $300 + shipping to New Zealand for it either.

It turns out American Apparel has done a good copy, but it was still going to cost NZ$70 just to get it to me. Plus the whole thing seemed unfair.

So after a lot of searching, I ended up shipping a different but similar bag direct from manufacturers in Shenzen, China, through Aliexpress.com. It was weird but everything seemed to work well, and I have this gorgeous bag for something like NZ$90. It claims to also be handcrafted, although who really knows, and I actually prefer it without the little pocket at the front. Success!

I have a bunch of those bags. They say Target on them and were $1 each. One is even pink to fight breast cancer. Pretty handy.

(Yours is really cool)

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Re-doing a get home bag:

Lifestraw, can never have enough of these.

Emergency Whistle

ESS goggles purely cause 75% off.

Emergency survival bag

Gerber pocket sharpner

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zcI_ObML_g

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Glottis posted:

I saw them in SF too (Wednesday). 100% agree with you on how good the band was and how gross the fans were.

The lasers were so rad though.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
I bought items of clothing:

And a Time Capsule:

Also got a fresh hipster haircut to match these purchases.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
Bought a new M-tank for my Kayfun.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Whoforthenwhat posted:

Re-doing a get home bag:

Lifestraw, can never have enough of these.

Emergency Whistle

ESS goggles purely cause 75% off.

Emergency survival bag

Gerber pocket sharpner

Aw man, I upward scrolled this post and was positive it would be Hellbeard.

(I think all your gadgets are cool though).

Are ballistic goggles intended for use with a helmet, or do they work for a naked head as well?

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Are ballistic goggles intended for use with a helmet, or do they work for a naked head as well?

Hah! I would totally buy that stuff for the apocalypse though.

Here is the stuff that I did recently order:

Sailor Nano Black ink for fountain pens. Supposed to be really good black.

Kaweco Sport Classic Chess with broad nib(B)

...and a gold color clip.

Also a matte black Lamy Safari with black finish broad nib(B)

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

Ever seen a YouTube video of those crazy Japanese candies where you use little plastic trays and mix the ingredients? Most of them will go to my niece and nephew for Easter and whatnot, but I'm sure I'll keep a few of them.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

the kawaiiest posted:

Best bag I've ever owned, hands down. Sturdy as hell, water resistant, super roomy and gorgeous. I got the small and everything fits with room to spare, including my laptop, water bottle, wallet, toiletry bag, sweater, just... everything. It's amazing.

I found it on sale too so it was only $60. :woop:

Timbuk2 bags are awesome as hell. I bought a large-ish one 3 years ago and apart from getting some stains and discoloration, it's almost brand new and worth the $100 price point. Fits a ton and is comfortable to wear. Currently traveling with it now across Scandinavia and it's been a trooper.

The Clowning
Jan 10, 2007
I'm certainly not gonna sign for any more packages with the word "Congo" written in blood.
Did some shoe shopping.

Ecco Sculptured 65

Ecco Corse

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.

Pivit posted:

Ever seen a YouTube video of those crazy Japanese candies where you use little plastic trays and mix the ingredients? Most of them will go to my niece and nephew for Easter and whatnot, but I'm sure I'll keep a few of them.

I've made a few of these. They are fun and I desperately wish I had had them when I was a kid because they just taste disappointing as an adult. Fun fact: I sent the hamburger one to a friend and it was the last "meal" she ate before her gastric bypass.

Drunk shopping from last night.

It has been one of those weeks

I really needed some "lemonade".

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

:neckbeard: I love Death's Door. Their gin is the only gin I drink anymore.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Goggles are adjustable for with or without a helmet, I got them because I am a sucker for sales. $30 instead of $160.

Whoforthenwhat has a new favorite as of 00:00 on Mar 16, 2014

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.

Casu Marzu posted:

:neckbeard: I love Death's Door. Their gin is the only gin I drink anymore.

I was soooo close to getting their gin but I figured I should go slow on my alcoholic tendencies. Thankfully, San Francisco also loves them so that's pretty much the only one I get for my G&T's and gimlets now.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tulip Candy posted:

Drunk shopping from last night.

Happens to me on Friday nights from time to time too...

loving bro hug
Mar 7, 2006

I Love The Colorado Avalanche More Than I Love Landeskog's Balls In My Mouth
AND I LOVE LANDESKOG'S BALLS IN MY MOUTH A WHOLE LOT
PS Sakic > Yzerman
4 tickets to see Eddie Izzard's most recent show in May with my girlfriend and two of our friends.

Can't wait! :dance:

nocal
Mar 7, 2007

OptimusMatrix posted:

Bought a new M-tank for my Kayfun.

Just in case anybody is attracted to this robotdick cigarette thing because of a lower risk of cancer: it looks like nicotine increases rates of cancer all by itself.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Slapped :10bux: to this : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/191197566/faire-play-barbie-compatible-3d-printed-medieval-a

I think it's pretty awesome that someone finally decided Barbie could kick some rear end.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Slapped :10bux: to this : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/191197566/faire-play-barbie-compatible-3d-printed-medieval-a

I think it's pretty awesome that someone finally decided Barbie could kick some rear end.

If my MMORPGS are to be believed I should be able to see much more skin. Why make something like that be so unrealistic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Duck and Cover posted:

If my MMORPGS are to be believed I should be able to see much more skin. Why make something like that be so unrealistic?

No boob armor, no buy

• Locked thread