Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Dr. Faustus posted:

Nope. Not seeing it. You say they "can't" render a CoD title in full HD. You admit it's a launch title. There could be a million reasons why this launch title doesn't live up to your expectations, and none of them have to be hardware.

We've been through these console launches before (over and over and over by now), and we both know that specs on paper (or the first launch game offerings) do not equal any real insight into what the console can or will do in its lifetime.
The gap in power is not anything like "gigantic."

In every case the true power of the console comes from the people who write the code.

The consoles are, in fact, essentially equal. Time and games will bear this out.

Not that it matters much to me, because I'll own both consoles regardless. But when it comes time to buy the next Rockstar game or EA Sports title, it won't matter which console I buy it on, because they'll be identical.

Titanfall is going to be 720p. It is not a launch title. It is their "top exclusive."

When I played FM5 there was a ton of aliasing on the cars at start, but once you start playing, its harder to notice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

Has Turn 10 released an official track list and car list yet? I was just wondering since the Gran Turismo website was updated with the full track list and car list for GT6, but it seems that Turn 10 are being much more secretive about what content is actually in Forza 5, and a quick look at the official website shows that they're too busy promoting DLC for the game than actually letting people know what will be on the disc itself.

It's a little frustrating, especially when one of the most important aspects of a racing game for me personally is knowing what the track list is. I'd much rather be informed about things like that than have Turn 10 blabbering on about day 1 DLC which they've obviously pulled from the finished product. Here's the confirmed tracks so far:

Prague
Spa
Mount Panorama
Yas Marina
Silverstone
Top Gear Test Track
Sebring
Indianapolis
Bernese Alps
Circuit De La Sarthe
Laguna Seca

Is that all there is?! Would be really disappointing if there's only four new tracks, and notable tracks such as Nurburgring, Maple Valley, Infineon, Sunset Peninsula and Camino Viejo are absent.

MUFFlNS fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Nov 6, 2013

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Ok so I finally managed to get my arse over to the xbonetour thingy during my lunch break, because its pissing down with rain and the school holiday ended I was able to walk straight in.

I'm assuming that the build is fairly old compared to what was shown in the recent trailer, laguna seca doesnt look that much better than FM4 and there are some noticeable jaggies. Most of the car models looked awesome apart from the 300SL Gullwing, which kinda had that upscaled from an older game look. I tried out all the cars available apart from the Focus ST with all assists off apart from manual w clutch.

First I dont know if it was because I couldnt hear the sound that well but the vibrating triggers were more offputting than anything especialy for braking, so a moderate amount of pressure would make the thing vibrate way too much which caused me to lift off the brakes because it felt like the wheels were locking up.

Sim steering felt very twitchy compared to FM4 and the analog stick feels very loose compared to the 360 one. Also the AI still cant handle the rewind feature as they still go flying off the track as you come out of a rewind.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

MUFFlNS posted:

Is that all there is?! Would be really disappointing if there's only four new tracks, and notable tracks such as Nurburgring, Maple Valley, Infineon, Sunset Peninsula and Camino Viejo are absent.

If they ditch any tracks at all I'd be stunned. If they ditched any of the ones you listed I'd be flabbergasted. There's no way I could see them doing that.

bald and fail II posted:

Also the AI still cant handle the rewind feature as they still go flying off the track as you come out of a rewind.

If there is any bug they never fix, I hope it's this one. Making the AI bug out through manipulating the rewind feature helped keep me sane in the grind to finish the event list in 3 and 4.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Nov 6, 2013

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Cannot Find Server posted:

If there is any bug they never fix, I hope it's this one. Making the AI bug out through manipulating the rewind feature helped keep me sane in the grind to finish the event list in 3 and 4.

Honestly the AI in 4 seemed somehow worse than 3 when it came to spatial awareness, sometimes the ai realises where you are and most of the time it just decides that you arent ploughing you off the road.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

MUFFlNS posted:

Has Turn 10 released an official track list and car list yet? I was just wondering since the Gran Turismo website was updated with the full track list and car list for GT6, but it seems that Turn 10 are being much more secretive about what content is actually in Forza 5, and a quick look at the official website shows that they're too busy promoting DLC for the game than actually letting people know what will be on the disc itself.

This pretty much par for the course with T10, they publically hype up the new details/DLC for months and quietly announce the rest about a week before launch, or leak it to their forums and expect the community to spread it via word of mouth. Same thing happened with Horizon, you needed a crowbar to pry any details about the car list out of them unless you were a Forza forums superstar.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

bald and fail II posted:

Ok so I finally managed to get my arse over to the xbonetour thingy during my lunch break, because its pissing down with rain and the school holiday ended I was able to walk straight in.

I'm assuming that the build is fairly old compared to what was shown in the recent trailer, laguna seca doesnt look that much better than FM4 and there are some noticeable jaggies. Most of the car models looked awesome apart from the 300SL Gullwing, which kinda had that upscaled from an older game look. I tried out all the cars available apart from the Focus ST with all assists off apart from manual w clutch.

First I dont know if it was because I couldnt hear the sound that well but the vibrating triggers were more offputting than anything especialy for braking, so a moderate amount of pressure would make the thing vibrate way too much which caused me to lift off the brakes because it felt like the wheels were locking up.

Sim steering felt very twitchy compared to FM4 and the analog stick feels very loose compared to the 360 one. Also the AI still cant handle the rewind feature as they still go flying off the track as you come out of a rewind.

I felt the track looked nice, but the cars and the fly by animations it played made them look terrible.

I wouldn't be surprised if Forza ends up with jaggies at launch because of it being one of the first games released for the console and still being new with the dev kit. Also wanting to keep the game running at 60 fps is a high priority for them, I'd imagine.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Full car list is out.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-US/news/FM5_Forza_Showroom_final

All I can really say is...welp.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

All of a sudden every single bit of interest I had in Forza 5 went straight out the window. So basically what happened was Turn-10 needed to redo every single car. What was in Forza 4 even wasn't good enough. This list is really small for a Forza game, and it feels like the series is being rebooted. This is like the size of the car list for Forza 1, maybe even smaller?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

No second or third gen Supra, no first gen MR2, no first or second gen RX7, no Alfa 33 Stradale, no NSX-R GT, no M3 GTR, no Spada, no Transit, no Vandura, no 59 Caddy, no Bel-Air, no SSC, the list of cars I loved that are absent just goes on and on. I knew there'd be cuts, but not this many and not of that many cars I love. Goddamn.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

190e is in, we're good to go

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

The standard cars from GT4 and GT PSP looked terrible in GT5, but I can't imagine Forza 4 cars looking that bad in Forza 5. The same goes for the tracks.

I feel sorry for anyone buying an Xbox One just for this game. $500 for the console, $60 for the game, $60 for Xbox Live Gold, and God knows how much for all the DLC..

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

X bone posted:

...this makes for 200 cars included on disk with a regular cadence of car packs slated for the future

A cadence of money grubbing. The future sure sounds awesome.

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

They seem to be cutting back on new content more and more with each release, with a greater emphasis on DLC. It speaks volumes that they're trying to get people to buy the DLC pass before they even announced the final roster of cars to people. It will be interesting to see if they triple dip on old DLC as well, since Turn 10 expected people to buy DLC cars twice with Forza 4 and Forza Horizon, so they're probably testing to see how far they can push by cutting back on content and going DLC crazy before people drop the franchise completely. At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Forza 6 launched with two new tracks and five new cars. It'll probably still be lacking night racing and weather too.

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"

That loving Sned posted:

The standard cars from GT4 and GT PSP looked terrible in GT5, but I can't imagine Forza 4 cars looking that bad in Forza 5. The same goes for the tracks.

I feel sorry for anyone buying an Xbox One just for this game. $500 for the console, $60 for the game, $60 for Xbox Live Gold, and God knows how much for all the DLC..

I feel sorry for anyone who isn't. :smuggo:

The first month of racing without the children waiting for Christmas is going to be heaven.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

What's the point of having just one modern F1 car? I'm sure licensing for them isn't easy, but you'd think they'd get at least two so there's competition.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Do they expect me to pay over a hundred dollars for DLC packs that contain cars I already bought in the last game? Even rocksmith lets you use DLC from the previous games. They even updated old DLC to add the features of the new game.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cojawfee posted:

Do they expect me to pay over a hundred dollars for DLC packs that contain cars I already bought in the last game?

DLC has been pushed in our faces increasingly from every game company in every genre out there, so the answer to this question is simply: yes.

Welcome to the future of video gaming :smith:

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Updated the OP with some of the new info, thanks for linking stuff up guys.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Not a single Saab, no first gen RX-8, no Pinto, no Lancia Stratos, no Peugeot 205, no Leaf, no Transit, no Elise... The list goes on. Sure, there's a Lotus F1 car, but I no longer think I made a huge mistake.

What a step backwards. The one that hurts the most is no Stratos. What a fun car to leave out. (I'm sure it will be DLC though)

edit: No Volvos, no Evora... The list goes on. Many of my all time favorite cars from FM4 are gone.

edit 2: every car I listed off here that's missing in FM5 is available in GT6, save for the transit, pinto and any Saab.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Nov 6, 2013

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

For what it's worth, we did after all kinda call it that Forza 5 was probably going to be a step backwards and the series wouldn't get good again until Forza 6. I'm really not that surprised when all is said and done. I don't know how Turn-10 was going to next-gen every single car from Forza 4.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

GutBomb posted:

Not a single Saab, no first gen RX-8, no Pinto, no Lancia Stratos, no Peugeot 205, no Leaf, no Transit, no Elise... The list goes on. Sure, there's a Lotus F1 car, but I no longer think I made a huge mistake.

What a step backwards. The one that hurts the most is no Stratos. What a fun car to leave out. (I'm sure it will be DLC though)

I didn't even notice the lack of a Stratos. What the gently caress, that's such an iconic car and it's been in every Forza game since the first :psyduck:

I can understand (albeit disagree) with cutting some of the goofy things like the Transit, but how in the poo poo do you leave out the goddamn Stratos.

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Do they expect me to pay over a hundred dollars for DLC packs that contain cars I already bought in the last game?

It worked for Forza Horizon, so why not?

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I think this is more of a product of Microsoft forcing them to be a launch title; they didn't have enough time to upgrade all the cars from the previous generations. (I'm sure MS also wants some delicious DLC monies, too, since they know people will buy it.) But yeah there are some odd ones missing.

Hopefully the full track list is more satisfying.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MUFFlNS posted:

It worked for Forza Horizon, so why not?

Yeah, I was afraid of that happening in Forza 5. Forza 3 and 4 had the best DLC of any game ever.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Forza Motorsport 5: DLC Rev Limiter Set at $3400

Besides not getting a new console at launch, and probably waiting a year later, I'll just wait for F6 if I get an Xbone.

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

I have great distaste for the way they have no sorting in that car list.

Have a mostly properly sorted car list. It's alphabetical, some of the car orders are messed up. (see: M3)

LiquidRain fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 6, 2013

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

I said come in! posted:

I don't know how Turn-10 was going to next-gen every single car from Forza 4.

Nah it's pure greed, they scan every loving car the same way. They've had high-res models and scans of these cars since at least Forza 3. At this point I'd imagine it's more about licensing and DLC sales rather than importing the same models you've had for years that you simply make shittier because no console is going to be rendering the full scans for years anyway.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

L_Harrison posted:

I think this is more of a product of Microsoft forcing them to be a launch title; they didn't have enough time to upgrade all the cars from the previous generations. (I'm sure MS also wants some delicious DLC monies, too, since they know people will buy it.) But yeah there are some odd ones missing.

Hopefully the full track list is more satisfying.

I was typing a response and saw your post right before I hit submit. Said it better than I would have.

Did anyone really think there'd be 400+ brand new car models by launch on a next gen title?

Tracks are the important thing (to me) - hope they didn't cut anything.

pvax fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 6, 2013

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Morphix posted:

Nah it's pure greed, they scan every loving car the same way. They've had high-res models and scans of these cars since at least Forza 3. At this point I'd imagine it's more about licensing and DLC sales rather than importing the same models you've had for years that you simply make shittier because no console is going to be rendering the full scans for years anyway.

Well, they also committed to doing autovista for every car in the game, so that can take some serious time. It's understandable that they couldn't do their entire stable of cars in the time they had. But limiting your available cars to the ones you have time to do autovista for is ridiculous, mostly because autovista is such a disposable feature.

pvax posted:

Did anyone really think there'd be 400+ brand new car models by launch on a next gen title?

I think they would have easily been able to get away with just using the FM4 quality cars. They already looked great. But the fact that they want to do autovista on all cars limits them severely.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

14 tracks. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-06-why-forza-motorsport-5-has-less-cars-and-tracks-than-forza-4

Bernese Alps
Catalunya
Spa
Indianapolis
Le Mans
Laguna Seca
Mount Panorama
Prague
Road Atlanta
Sebring
Silverstone
Test Track Airfield
Top Gear test track
Yas Marina

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

LiquidRain posted:

I have great distaste for the way they have no sorting in that car list.

Have a properly sorted car list.

Putting that list in alphabetical order just pissed me off more. No 131? What the gently caress, that turned into my favorite C-class car over the last 6 months. No Spyker at all, no TVR Speed 12 (how the gently caress do you put TVR in your game and leave out the Speed 12!?), no Gremlin or Pacer, none of the 50's Le Mans racers, NO DELOREAN!

I was thinking of grabbing an Xbone after it had a price drop so I could play Forza 5, but man, gently caress every bit of this. What a wet fart of a car list.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Minimaul posted:

14 tracks. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-06-why-forza-motorsport-5-has-less-cars-and-tracks-than-forza-4

Bernese Alps
Catalunya
Spa
Indianapolis
Le Mans
Laguna Seca
Mount Panorama
Prague
Road Atlanta
Sebring
Silverstone
Test Track Airfield
Top Gear test track
Yas Marina

Welp, try again in Forza 6 and hope for the best. Even if I can accept the car list, I can't accept that track list.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Minimaul posted:

Bernese Alps
Catalunya
Spa
Indianapolis
Le Mans
Laguna Seca
Mount Panorama
Prague
Road Atlanta
Sebring
Silverstone
Test Track Airfield
Top Gear test track
Yas Marina

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

gently caress this poo poo, gently caress you forza, gently caress you microsoft for ruining forza

how the gently caress

HOW THE EVERLOVING gently caress

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Minimaul posted:

Bernese Alps
Catalunya
Spa
Indianapolis
Le Mans
Laguna Seca
Mount Panorama
Prague
Road Atlanta
Sebring
Silverstone
Test Track Airfield
Top Gear test track
Yas Marina

Where's Suzuka? Road America? Infineon (Sonoma)? Nurburgring?

Maple Valley??????

edit: Good lord, camino and positano too.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Nov 6, 2013

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GutBomb posted:

Where's Suzuka? Road America? Infineon?, Nurburgring?

They are all gone. :( Infineon is especially surprising since that was a new track to Forza 4.

Also no Maple Valley is a gigantic dealbreaker. That instantly ruins the game for me because that's my most beloved track in Forza.

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

No Lotus Elise or Exige. GTCC goons you know what this means to me. :emo: (though they do have the LFA)

There's a lot of good cars in there, but... there's just so much missing. There were so many "OHHH YEAH THIS CAR OH MAN" moments in Forza 4. As well as lots of jokes and fun times. As cool as a lot of the cars are in Forza 5, it just feels stale.

Oh my god that track list. Alright. I'm sitting this one out. I'll bow out of this thread to leave it to the guys who are picking up the game.

No Suzuka. No Nurburgring. No sale. Period.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I just

I can't even

That track list is :psyboom:

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

You're telling me a launch game that was rushed is low on content?? :monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
That can't be right, these are all the tracks that are missing.

Camino Viejo
Fujimi Kaido
Hockenheim
Infineon
Maple Valley
Mugello
Nurburgring
Rally di Positano
Road America
Sedona
Sunset Peninsula
Suzuka
Tsukuba
Twin Ring Motegi

The only track in the list of confirmed in game that I really like is Road Atlanta and Bernie's. Nearly every track on the list I posted is one of my favorites (except motegi, gently caress that track).

• Locked thread