Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

I said come in! posted:

This is something i'm always curious about too. I don't have the fastest internet, so getting the game on disc and installing to the hard drive that way is in some cases faster. Games like GTAV are 42GB so in that case i'm glad i'm taking advantage of that Target deal.
On the pre-order games though, you get 3 days to download it, and if you're on the west coast like me, some games unlock at 9PM the night before release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Flumpus posted:

Ah, ok, thanks. Is there any way to view the full size/progress? I feel kinda dumb not being able to find it, but surely it's somewhere, right?

Yes, highlight the game, press Options, and select Information at the bottom. Under Download Status, there will either be a download counter or it will say "Completed".

Whoops, beaten.

Flumpus
Jul 22, 2007
Thanks... Going to information now, it still has the smaller size, but I imagine once it gets over that initial size, it'll show the total progress.

Undead Muppet
Apr 29, 2007

Yechezkel posted:

Pre-load is between 23 to 24 GB.

Thanks! That's not too bad. Might just go with PSN for the convenience then. If I start the d/l right before bed, it should hopefully be loaded by the time I get home from work tomorrow afternoon.

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007
the internet makes you stupid
I assume the answer is yes but going to ask just in case.

For D3, do you require a PSN subscription to play? Or is there a 1 player mode?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Anyone else finding the re-sale market for PS4 games a lot softer than the last gen? For xbox 360 I could easily get $40+ if I sold pretty quick but I only got $23 US for Shadow of Mordor and $26 for Madden 15 on ebay.

Luckily gas price plummeted in between buying and selling so my petro-state exchange rate is better. Thanks Harper!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

lol internet. posted:

You should be able to play alone without ps+.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Reverse Centaur posted:

Anyone else finding the re-sale market for PS4 games a lot softer than the last gen? For xbox 360 I could easily get $40+ if I sold pretty quick but I only got $23 US for Shadow of Mordor and $26 for Madden 15 on ebay.

Luckily gas price plummeted in between buying and selling so my petro-state exchange rate is better. Thanks Harper!
You probably waited a week too long on Mordor and Madden. They're both going to be $25 and $30 respectively on Black Friday.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Harlock posted:

You probably waited a week too long on Mordor and Madden. They're both going to be $25 and $30 respectively on Black Friday.

I'm Canadian and sold to Canadians but yeah I guess it could have suffered from fewer American bidders.

I just beat Mordor and never really got into Madden. It's good but football makes for a very repetitive video game.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

lol internet. posted:

You can play single player all you want without PS+, I think (but I'm not 100% sure) you can also trade/gift items with other online players without a subscription -- you just can't actually go quest with them. Also, the game has a fully functioning local co-op mode that supports up to 4 players and is an absolute blast, and that doesn't need PS+ either. (also, if you're playing locally and one of you has a PS+ subscription, you can play online -- every player doesn't need one)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Reverse Centaur posted:

I just beat Mordor and never really got into Madden. It's good but football makes for a very repetitive video game.

I'm not a big football guy but I have a lot of fun playing Madden in local multiplayer -- I don't think I'd enjoy it half as much if I was playing against AI or playing online. Also, idk if it's different in Canada, but Madden's currently trading in for $22 USD in cash (more if you opt for store credit) at GameStop; I'm surprised you couldn't get more for it on eBay

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Scyron posted:

The online is sort of an MMO in that there will be 29 crazy assholes driving around the map shooting up the place.

I hope there will be a full goon lobby sometime after release, for hilarious bus races or drunk lawnmower/golf cart racing.

When GTA online worked it was fun, had some of the best times ever in racing with 15 goons. Rubbin' is Racin' was pretty much our motto.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I've kept playing GTA Online for the better part of a year pretty much entirely because of its racing aspect, and with the next gen version introducing cockpit mode along with a forced perspective option while doing dedicated races, I've got zero qualms in dropping another $70 to play it on a console that isn't gasping for dear life while it runs.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Reverse Centaur posted:

You should try selling them or trading them in SA Mart instead. I would have bought Mordor off you for like $30.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Reverse Centaur posted:

You could have sold them on Amazon for a lot more.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Long shot but if someone wants to get rid of battlefield 4 for around 15$, lemme know.

Haven't played a shootymans since Wolfenstein but it seems like it might be fun to at least blow poo poo up in the single player campaign.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Reverse Centaur posted:

Your timing kind of sucked since Mordor has been announced as being part of a Black Friday sale for 35 or 30 bucks new. That really drives down used resale.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Mistake post. Carry on.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

For the record those prices I sold for do not include shipping, which is getting ridiculously expensive internationally for some reason.

SolitarySolidarity
Dec 29, 2012

Evolve. Control. Combine.
Does anyone know if Mortal Kombat X will have 4 attacking face buttons like MK9 or three attacking face buttons with a special button like Injustice?

Also, for anyone who's into the Mortal Kombat series, how consistent are move sets across games? Is it safe to go back and memorize older moves and assume they'll be present in the next iteration or will I need to memorize all over again?

I want to try to figure out the mechanics before release so I'm going to go back to one of them. I end up buying every MK and a few other fighters (Street Fight 4 & Injustice) but I still don't know how to properly play any game out of that genre at all. I always panic and mash buttons. That typically lasts for a few weeks before I abandon the game entirely. This time I want it to be different.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

SolitarySolidarity posted:

Does anyone know if Mortal Kombat X will have 4 attacking face buttons like MK9 or three attacking face buttons with a special button like Injustice?

Also, for anyone who's into the Mortal Kombat series, how consistent are move sets across games? Is it safe to go back and memorize older moves and assume they'll be present in the next iteration or will I need to memorize all over again?

I want to try to figure out the mechanics before release so I'm going to go back to one of them. I end up buying every MK and a few other fighters (Street Fight 4 & Injustice) but I still don't know how to properly play any game out of that genre at all. I always panic and mash buttons. That typically lasts for a few weeks before I abandon the game entirely. This time I want it to be different.

Supposedly one of the focuses for MKX was simplifying the controls somewhat, so I'd imagine it'd be more of the Injustice Dial-A-Combo system. The Fighting Game Thread would probably know more.

SolitarySolidarity
Dec 29, 2012

Evolve. Control. Combine.

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Supposedly one of the focuses for MKX was simplifying the controls somewhat, so I'd imagine it'd be more of the Injustice Dial-A-Combo system. The Fighting Game Thread would probably know more.

Oh good call. I did a search for Mortal Kombat but didn't even think to search for a general fighting game thread.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Long shot but if someone wants to get rid of battlefield 4 for around 15$, lemme know.

Haven't played a shootymans since Wolfenstein but it seems like it might be fun to at least blow poo poo up in the single player campaign.

Does the single player work yet? When it launched it had game breaking bugs and the save files would get corrupted constantly. Not sure EA fixed this.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

I said come in! posted:

Does the single player work yet? When it launched it had game breaking bugs and the save files would get corrupted constantly. Not sure EA fixed this.

I played it to the end when I bought a PS4 in August without any issues.
You should be good to go.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
When are we going to get a big rear end mech stomping game? I want to Pacific Rim a city into oblivion. Who doesn't like huge smashy mechs and why do we have a million loving zombie games and no mech games?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Philthy posted:

When are we going to get a big rear end mech stomping game? I want to Pacific Rim a city into oblivion. Who doesn't like huge smashy mechs and why do we have a million loving zombie games and no mech games?
EDF4.1 will have some stuff like that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nddF_E3c-BM

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Philthy posted:

Too busy making Souls/Bloodborne. It's a mix of :smith::unsmith:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 60 minutes!
Surprised no one's dug up whoever owns the Iron Soldier license. You were a mech the size of skyscrapers that could knock down skyscrapers and also had a chainsaw arm. :black101:

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Hahaha all the ants crawling on the robot. I need this now.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

a cop posted:

Hahaha all the ants crawling on the robot. I need this now.
It comes out in February in a country where people love giant robots, i.e. not here. But if there was ever a game where you didn't need to know the language to play, it would be EDF. Leveling cities while shooting giant robots and bugs is the universal language.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Nov 17, 2014

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
There's a new dynamic theme up based on the Playroom robots: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/themes/the-playroom-ar-bots-theme/cid=IP9100-CUSA00001_00-PLAYROOM0THEME01

I can't find this on the actual PS4 using the normal Themes--->Search Store option, so maybe someone put it up early before Tuesday by accident.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
I was just wondering if they were going to put out some new themes.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
I want a theme that's the AC: Unity face glitches and music from The Shining.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

timeandtide posted:

I want a theme that's the AC: Unity face glitches and music from The Shining.

Speaking of which, I decided to paint one of those pretty women from AC: Unity

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
That's absolutely terrific on a couple levels. Thanks for sharing.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Paint me, Stick Figure Mafia. Paint me like one of your inside-out French girls.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Please stick that everywhere on the Internet.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Superb work! Please tweet this to Ubisoft, and send it to every gaming website ever.

I don't know if this was there before, but you can now trim video clips without having to enter the share factory, pretty neat.

One of the captains I was fighting retreated, and it ended quite unexpectedly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu9sHv2LRZU

I fell through the world in Shadow of Mordor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3cY9ORzSGY

And some weird poo poo happened in Destiny where it only loaded like half the level: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okc054Rrrdk

So, Destiny & SoM makes it 2 out of the last 2 games I've bought to have me fall through the world, welcome to next-gen people.

What I find really funny is that when you upload to YouTube from the PS4 it automatically tags the video with "Playstation 4", "Sony Computer Entertainment", and the name of the game, you can't remove these, so could potentially be embarrassing for some people :)

MZ fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Nov 17, 2014

dirtyfrog
Apr 15, 2003

The Fantastic Fapping Frog
Ugh. Got GTA, Dragons Age and Far Cry coming tomorrow, and know there's no way I'll get all of them installed with the drive space I have free. So I'm finally going ahead with the 2tb upgrade. Not only have Sony not yet implemented hard drive transfer (so I've got to download all my games again), I can't even backup my saves to USB en masse, you're forced to do it game by game. Considering this upgrade is officially supported and not some hack, it's loving annoying that they make it so difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

dirtyfrog posted:

Ugh. Got GTA, Dragons Age and Far Cry coming tomorrow, and know there's no way I'll get all of them installed with the drive space I have free. So I'm finally going ahead with the 2tb upgrade. Not only have Sony not yet implemented hard drive transfer (so I've got to download all my games again), I can't even backup my saves to USB en masse, you're forced to do it game by game. Considering this upgrade is officially supported and not some hack, it's loving annoying that they make it so difficult.

It also looks like all three are coming out at 12 EST time which means I get them at 9PM

• Locked thread