Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Someone tell me the "no Pokanos" story. I read about it on the wiki once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

ullerrm posted:

Heh, if that's enough to get banned, laffo. His own DIX mates called him worse for locking that thread.

In Reddit, all people are equal, but some people are more equal than others.

You can bug one of the other mods about it and probably get it undone.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

mpaarating posted:

Those BRs have been really fun looking. Hard not to get excited for rattlesnakes vs machs

Last BR I saw was Rattlesnakes v. Megathrons, which looks like an interesting counter if you can close range (brawling blasters forver)

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

CashEnsign posted:

Someone tell me the "no Pokanos" story. I read about it on the wiki once.

For a long time Pokano would hilariously underbid in any s-mart thread. Like, insultingly low, offers that would only be accepted by someone who had no idea what the item was.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

evilweasel posted:

For a long time Pokano would hilariously underbid in any s-mart thread. Like, insultingly low, offers that would only be accepted by someone who had no idea what the item was.

I bet he owns a pawn shop irl.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

Heh, if that's enough to get banned, laffo. His own DIX mates called him worse for locking that thread.

In Reddit, all people are equal, but some people are more equal than others.

He was saying he wants to ban Derty Dan for his poo poo last night but can't or else the guy who runs the subreddit would demod him because of all the butthurt from the other people over it. That's also apparently why the Sion thread was allowed to sit there for so long.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
This is a good day for trawling r/eve.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/3x0ogk/blog_transversal_velocity_and_why_you_should_use/cy1qeba?context=3

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Who runs that subreddit?

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

crew posted:

Who runs that subreddit?

not goons

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

crew posted:

Who runs that subreddit?

This guy has been a mod the longest so he is the toplevel mod: https://www.reddit.com/user/simonvc/

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

SperginMcBadposter posted:

This guy has been a mod the longest so he is the toplevel mod: https://www.reddit.com/user/simonvc/

who is ur zulu main?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Never heard of him and it looks like he doesnt even post there, just another notch in his collection of things hes in charge of. Talk about the inmates running the asylum.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

crew posted:

Never heard of him and it looks like he doesnt even post there, just another notch in his collection of things hes in charge of. Talk about the inmates running the asylum.

One of those 'professional reddit moderator' types.

This is actually a thing.

I'll never understand why.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Xolve posted:

You guys hear about the Silent Hill Wikia Circumcision Drama? It makes /r/eve look like a classy London clubhouse.

Yolo Swagtron
Jul 20, 2015

Important Internet Spaceship Dude

Xolve posted:

You know that one autist in DnD that will stop everything for a 45 minute argument on some inane mechanic?

It's that kind of person.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Yolo Swagtron posted:

You know that one autist in DnD that will stop everything for a 45 minute argument on some inane mechanic?

So like DhD with no sense of irony?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

CashEnsign posted:

So like DhD with no sense of irony?

This implies DHD hasn't legitimately flown up his own rear end in the last couple of years.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Yolo Swagtron posted:

"that one"?

Yolo Swagtron
Jul 20, 2015

Important Internet Spaceship Dude

CainFortea posted:

"that one"?

It's a spectrum.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

CashEnsign posted:

who is ur zulu main?

People should really just accept that zugu is the best chance we have at containing the horrorshow and post there, cleaning up this thread and making /r/eve even more worthless.

Blawrf
Oct 10, 2009

Hi, I'm Blawrf, and you can dock in my station anytime~~

Rowwr
After a long chat with Mittens last night, and after a few days of thought, it's clear that I overreacted to what I perceived to be a very vague threat by Sion due to anger at the situation. What was said doesn't count as threats to my real life, it was an overreaction born out of anger on my end, so I'm done. Reddit needs to stop overreacting in turn with all this hate mob bullshit, because i'm done with it. Sorry to poo poo in your pond, last few years were good fun. Hope you have many more good years ahead.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Blink twice if you're being held hostage.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

:glomp:

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Blawrf posted:

After a long chat with Mittens last night, and after a few days of thought, it's clear that I overreacted to what I perceived to be a very vague threat by Sion due to anger at the situation. What was said doesn't count as threats to my real life, it was an overreaction born out of anger on my end, so I'm done. Reddit needs to stop overreacting in turn with all this hate mob bullshit, because i'm done with it. Sorry to poo poo in your pond, last few years were good fun. Hope you have many more good years ahead.

See you on the grid!

E: I didn't mean it to sound like Tron role play there...

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

Blawrf posted:

The wise and mature thing; many of Blawrf's concerns about where we've been loving up are entirely legit, and it's important to be able to walk back some things that were said/done re: "rl threats" without tossing out the rest of those criticisms and the need to improve and reform our org.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.
Sucks for Sion. That's a bell that won't get unrung.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

DARPA posted:

Sucks for Sion. That's a bell that won't get unrung.

im sure he's going to lose a lot of sleep over all the people on reddit crying about him

TigCobra
Oct 29, 2013

Grimey Drawer
awww how sweet :a2m:

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Blawrf posted:

hi blawrf im gay for you :swoon:

veilo
Jul 17, 2010

Never posts
Well, with this mystery now solved, at last the fine posters of reddit can turn to what truly matters:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Obviously they used their IRL blackmail to get that retraction. Because reddit's opinion of Sion and The Mittani are very important to them.

Be real though Blawrf. It's only blackmail if you are ashamed of it. So what if Sion knows your fursuit tailor's address?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

veilo posted:

Well, with this mystery now solved, at last the fine posters of reddit can turn to what truly matters:

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

CainFortea posted:

"that one"?

Fishmech

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast

Blawrf posted:

Still the furry skymarshall of my heart. :cheerdoge:

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Blawrf posted:

Well its nice that you have finally grown up in this matter. You were really acting immature! Good thing mittani straightened you right out. If Mittani ever opens a charter school, I'm sending all of my children there (and maybe the neighbors kids too lol).

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not going to lie, I keep listening to those INFAMOUS soundclouds and its pretty drat awesome two fights got them that worked up.

BCBUDDHA
Jul 19, 2014

mpaarating posted:

Well its nice that you have finally grown up in this matter. You were really acting immature! Good thing mittani straightened you right out. If Mittani ever opens a charter school, I'm sending all of my children there (and maybe the neighbors kids too lol).

make sure they're vaccinated

awesomecopter
Aug 16, 2012

ullerrm posted:

Nah, plenty of subcap warfare going on atm, although there might be a lull for a day or two -- we recently announced some doctrine tweaks and it'll take a few days for people to get their fits swapped over.

Basically, in lowsec, we get blueballed in EUTZ -- we've been knocking over towers in 200-man Rattlesnake fleets because they do the job well enough and are more inclusive than "let's get 5 dreads, everyone else in crappy support ships." In USTZ, we're about even on numbers with our enemies, and we've had a fair number of little skirmishes where both sides take roughly equal isk losses. Which is both fun, and good for us longterm since our SRP wallets are in far better shape than theirs are.

Question in the back of my head; traditionally, the "counter" to expensive battleship fleets is Alphafleet, which we tossed due to bombs. What's wrong with Alphafleet for the fight right now?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

If you're talking about tempest fleet issue: availability.

With rattlesnakes we have half a chance of keeping up with demand. Also they're cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

darth cookie posted:

If you're talking about tempest fleet issue: availability.

With rattlesnakes we have half a chance of keeping up with demand. Also they're cool.

This seems like a good way to deplete the supply too so we can charge pubbies more for our excess rattlesnakes.

• Locked thread