Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schir
Jan 23, 2012

IGgy IGsen posted:

Plot 1: anilEhilated talks about Standgate. He really cant give that one up.

Plot 2: Face asks for Dash's help in the upcoming tag team match because Midnightlight is out of town again. He has a contract ready to prevent bad things from happening again.

Plot 3: Rara and Eeevil talk about cupcakes. It is revealed that Fruitsniffer gets a lifetime supply of them because they are one hug each and Fruity is... well. Living the Hug Life.

Plot 4: Heavenator cuts a promo about saving ice cream, god is a heel and standing up for pizza and ice cream and everything that's awesome.

Plot 6: anilEhilated interviews Jobbo Fett about Standgate, Jobbo knows nothing about it. Jobbo then asks anilEhilated how hard he punches people and why.
There was also a bit of plot where QC spoke with Pomp right before their match. That was the only one I caught.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Oh right, added that to the post.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Also, while it hardly counts as plot, there was a lengthy digression about IGgy looking under QC's kilt.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
I'll bet it was lengthy! Heyo!

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
I eagerly await the YouTubes!

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Also, while it hardly counts as plot, there was a lengthy digression about IGgy looking under QC's kilt.

New feud right here.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
- Thanks for watching out for my bone, sug.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
Dash clearly cheated. The ref was bribed. The announcers were bribed. The cameramen were bribed. I'm pretty sure most of the CROWD was bribed. I demand a rematch!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

LPFWA 05.07.2015 - Stream for DivineCoffeeBinge - Liars Poorly Fib With Alibis (Courtesy of DivineCoffeeBinge)
(On Commentary: IGgy, BFC, Fruitsniffer, Schir)

Before the stream we had some fun with Fibbage
Depending on how things go we may do a warm-up style stream like that before some of the future shows as well.
Featuring:
Will (Will)
Talcooter (BFC)
Fruitsniffer
IGgy
loving Hats (Punchy)

Raramuffin
Nov 28, 2013

cupcake party!!
One of these days I'll actually win a match... Maybe I was just too tired from making so many cupcakes beforehand. :3
Also, it's a shame that there wasn't more people there, cuz this show was a good one! It was also the debut of my ad so I might be biased though.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

You know, Iggy, at this point you should worry about anilEhilated calling for your resignation for making changes and moving people around in ways that he doesn't like now that Standgate is winding down a bit. Self important Reddit users always need an authority figure to rail against.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Lazyfire posted:

You know, Iggy, at this point you should worry about anilEhilated calling for your resignation for making changes and moving people around in ways that he doesn't like now that Standgate is winding down a bit. Self important Reddit users always need an authority figure to rail against.

What are you talking about? Standgate is as strong as ever! Dwindling numbers and a lessening of already-nonexistent credibility, coupled with facts that categorically disprove our initial claims? Pffft, hogwash and poppycock spread by malicious SJWs (Stand Justice Wrestlers)! Also we never really cared about Loki and Punchy to begin with, it was all about the ethics in wrestling.
:goonsay:

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
I liked that match much better than my first one. I'm also pleasantly surprised I managed to pull off the five moves of doom already. Does the AI try to go for that sequence on purpose or was it just a coincidence it lined up like that?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Eeevil posted:

I liked that match much better than my first one. I'm also pleasantly surprised I managed to pull off the five moves of doom already. Does the AI try to go for that sequence on purpose or was it just a coincidence it lined up like that?

I'm betting the 'John Cena' AI is more meticulously programmed than any other AI in the game, so it was likely deliberate.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

The comeback of John Cena is three of the five moves. The comeback grants a signature move which in turn grants a finisher. Bam! Five moves. It's very likely to happen again. Same thing happened in Nuffkins' match.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I got really hyped when I hit all my finishers/signature moves.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
The LPFWA want me out, that's why they don't put enough weapons under the stage. Whoever the stand is, they're in a position of influence.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I think I know why Nuffmania keeps being on top. Whoever beats a completely normal human in the Superstar Title Match becomes a completely normal human! Why would a Sith or Goon Lord want that? If you want someone to beat Nuffs, you gotta bring in someone who is already a CNH or for whatever reason wants to be one.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Okay, I'm ready.
What do I do, press this button?
It's already recording, just start the interview!
I can start?
Yes!
Hello, and welcome back to LPFWA Backstage! I'm your host Leebo and I'm not being paid to do this!
*ahem*
Right, and with me now is LPFWA Superstar, Dash Rendar. Let's talk about your most recent match-ups, Dash.
Nothing to it. You know me, I'm so good at what I do. Set'em up, I'll knock'em down.
Right, well, your last match with Galen Marek you actually lost.
No, no, no. You misunderstand. It's a common mistake. That wasn't a match, but a test. You see, I saw something in Galen. I looked into his eyes, his beautiful eyes. Have you looked into his eyes?
I admit that I haven't.
Beautiful eyes. I looked into them. And do you know what I saw?
What?
(Ask me what I saw)
What did you see?
I saw myself.
Oh.
I looked into Galen's eyes and I saw myself. Reflected back in his big beautiful eyes was my own image. Handsome. Daring. Dashing. I saw me, Dash Rendar. What a glorious sight to behold. I tell you what, Leebo, Galen Marek has potential. He proved it to me during that test. He proved to me that he can become the best. He proved to me that he can become the next Dash Rendar.
I thought he was still working for Palpy?
Ah, screw that old space wizard. I'm done talking about him. Hey, did you see my last match up with Face?
Yes, it certainly was an exciting match. It was nice seeing you get involved. For once. Under threat of a legal contract. I'm sure Face appreciated that. It looked like a hard fight. There were a few moments where I was sure Kalon Zombie had you dead to rights.
I see you're making another common error, Leebo, ol'buddy. You see, whenever I'm in a match the outcome is already decided: I am the winner. The exciting part is never "will Dash win?" That is to be expected. The exciting part in any match I am involved in is whether or not I will decide to be gracious enough to let the other wrestlers win.
Uh.
I know, right?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

anilEhilated posted:

The LPFWA want me out, that's why they don't put enough weapons under the stage. Whoever the stand is, they're in a position of influence.

Anilehilated, Anilehilated, Anilehilated. You've lost already, and your diagram showed it too. All you do is talk and talk and talk... "Stand" this, "Stand" that. It's old. Tired. No one cares any more. If you want there to be a stand so badly, here's my professional diagnosis on how to make it come true:

Stand up for yourself, you overgrown baby!

No one is going to take you seriously. I'm amazed three people did to begin with. But enough about them, let's talk about you some more. You walk into that ring, and you throw some real half-assed shade. You don't even have enough conviction to call someone out? How disappointing. As is, you're seen but not heard. And trust me; that is not a pretty sight at all. If you think that's what we all want, there must be something really badly damaged inside that head of yours, but I have good news. My schedule is nice and open, so step right back into that ring, because...

The doctor will see you now.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

Blind Sally posted:

Yes, it certainly was an exciting match. It was nice seeing you get involved. For once. Under threat of a legal contract. I'm sure Face appreciated that. It looked like a hard fight. There were a few moments where I was sure Kalon Zombie had you dead to rights.

I did have him dead to rights. I'm telling you, that whole fight was rigged.

I'm just saying, you bribed a good half of the people in there with... what I can only determine by smell is most of a McDonald's dollar menu.

I'm calling you out, Rendar. Rematch. Be there or be laughed out of the quadrant.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

FredMSloniker posted:

I eagerly await the YouTubes!

I, uh, wasn't actually reading the thread when I said that. :sweatdrop: That said, there was a considerable amount of time where you could see that QC was either blank as a Ken doll or wearing flesh-colored tights under the kilt. You know. In case anyone cares.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Ha! Even with Interruptor Jones coming to the ring to awkwardly stare at me, I still managed to pull out a win. I hope the cameras picked up that Canadian Destroyer, I've been practicing it for weeks.

Agent Dart!

crap...

You have displeased the council, Agent. We didn't ask you to job, we demanded it.

Yeah, yeah, I know you did, but I have a gut feeling that climbing the ladder to superstardom will get me more backstage access faster.

Very well, agent. Your new objective will be to win 2 out of your next 3 matches. Do not fail us again.

[New Objective: Win 2 of your next 3 matches]
[Reward: Increased Council Reputation]

[Disconnected]

Ok, time to work on my book - How To Punch: In 42 Easy Steps

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Flamander

I accidentally missed this one, but it's not like I ever claimed to do CAW's in order anyway, so.

Eclectic Tastes

Had fun with this one.

Oblivion4568238

Man, it's really hard to make something that resembles a monk.

As always, if you want any adjustments to be made let me know.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

To: HonestDash420@Leebo.net

Subject: RE: Hello Sir, I am an Alderanian Prince in need of you're help

Body:

Dash;

A hearty hello to a fellow warrior! At this time I find myself unable to assist you as the entirety of my assets are liquid at the moment. However, I can offer two canisters of Unleaded to your plight so long as you can provide an equal quantity of Premium in return. Additionally, I have no knowledge of these "credits" you speak of, it sounds like something Bartertown would come up with, and I'm not allowed back there! I seem to recall a few weeks ago you and I were to have a match, but you left your partner to suffer my wrath alone. I commend you on the decision, clearly you were outmatched and instead of fighting you didn't interfere with me doing my work. I guess at this point everyone would expect me to call you a coward for not standing your ground, but honestly I didn't get to be a healthy however old I am (you lose track of time after the apocalypse, let me tell you) by fighting every hero with a grudge and a gun over the years. We should look for opportunities to work together in the future, me and my buddy Joe (well, he's more like acquaintance in violence) have been thinking of getting some guys together and really just beating the hell out of anyone who gets in our way. I hope for your sake you don't! Anyways, got to go, the slave I strapped to the front of my car seems to have died and you really want to have a living human shield when you are going to be charging an elevated position. Talk to you soon.

PS: I just notice we both used to raid interstate 420! Ah, those were good times. Who did you used to run with? Anyone I would know? Back then I was just Baron Large. So much good stuff on that road back then, too bad we ended up burning most of it down. I'm rambling, got to go.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

>From: HonestDash420@Leebo.net
>To: LordHumongous420@gmail.au
>Subject: Hello Sir, I am an Alderanian Prince in need of you're help

>Body:

>Good day, Sir , My name is Dash Rendar and I am in need of your assistance. Recently, the Empire blew up my entire home planet and everyone I knew. Luckily for me I was off planet at the time fighting that same Empire. As the First National Bank of Tatooine assumed all Alderanians had perished in the sudden and violent explosion, I have been frozen out of my accounts until I can prove I'm alive. The problem is that all my records, histories and holocubes were on Alderan when it exploded, leaving me not only homeless, but without identity.

>Thankfully, I ' v e worked out a deal with the FNBT where if I can raise a minimal amount of credits they will let me have access to my accounts again. This is why I've e-written you today. You see, all my money was in the FNBT, and so I have to resort to raising money from wise investors such as yourself. If you send me a minimum of 2,000 credits I will return whatever investment you make plus 50% just as soon as the bank releases my funds. My money is near limitless as I was a prince on Alderan and it is well known that Alderanians are among the richest people in the galaxy! Send your money to my PayPal: Dashsscamaccount today and in a few days to a few weeks you could be rich as an Alderanian prince! Haha, we're going to make so much money off these suckers, Leebo. Most of these guys I fight are near braindead and wouldn't know the old Alderanian Prince scam from a submission hold. No, don't read it back to me, send it out to everyone, that was perfect.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

IGgy IGsen posted:

Eclectic Tastes

Had fun with this one.

:stare:

I...

They should have sent a poet. :swoon:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

IGgy IGsen posted:

Oblivion4568238

Looks kind of like Vegeta's face here.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

And here we have the Entrances for the new arrivals as well as Yeezus. I decided to pick a song for Yeezus. Not a Kanye Song because Kanye is such a Juggernaut you just can't put a song of his into anything.
https://youtu.be/BkT4NWFQxhY

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Okay, should have posted this yesterday, because it was finalized yesterday. If tomorrows show is lovely it's because there's new writers. If it's better it's because I'm actually good.

Here's the match card:

#1 Buscus Brawl
Zore ("c")vs. Emperor Palpatine
(He's had one match and we had high hopes in Palpy. Then he lost)

#2 Boob vs. Butt
Boob Marley vs. LORD OF BUTT

#3 One on One
Danaru vs. Punchy

#4 Basic Huganomics
Galen Marek vs. Fruitsniffer

#5 Don't get too excited
Simsmagic vs. Interrupter Jones

#6 Kawaii Title Match
Aurora (c) vs. Eeevil

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

IGgy IGsen posted:

Okay, should have posted this yesterday, because it was finalized yesterday. If tomorrows show is lovely it's because there's new writers. If it's better it's because I'm actually good.

IGgy IGMahon

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If Punchy dares to beat Danaru he could become Canada's Public Enemy #1.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
: Who does this Boob Marley jabroni think he is? I'mma rip those man-titties right off him and chuck his rear end out the door before y'all can even ring the bell. BRAAAAAAWK!

Raramuffin
Nov 28, 2013

cupcake party!!

IGgy IGsen posted:

It can be nothing other than amazing. I only hope we get to write more shows after this because it was a blast. And hilarious.
I have full confidence in our writing, and if anything goes wrong, it was probably Nuffkins' fault anyway. Everything is his fault.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Raramuffin posted:

It can be nothing other than amazing. I only hope we get to write more shows after this because it was a blast. And hilarious.
I have full confidence in our writing, and if anything goes wrong, it was probably Nuffkins' fault anyway. Everything is his fault.

To err is human after all.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
: "So my next opponent is a master of suplexes, huh? That brings back some bad memories. Still, I have to win this one. It's a once in a lifetime chance to make a clean sweep through the entire division."

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

You guys are probably lucky I'm not writing.

The anime levels would be through the roof.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Junpei Hyde posted:

No, we need our anime wrestle men, please tart writing

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Pyroi posted:

No, we need our anime wrestle men, please tart writing

I came up with a scene for the first LPFWA.

It was my CAW turning into a small anime girl with DBZ music playing in the background.

Now imagine me writing regularly.

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

Just get an internet connection again and you can help us write the dumbest anime bullshit!

Junpei Hyde posted:

Now imagine me writing regularly.
Can't be any dumber than the poo poo we write.

Schir fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jul 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

If you want to see that watch the brief history video you can find in the op. It was the worst thing I've ever done.

• Locked thread