Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

The draft got pushed back to May so we have a draft movie instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3SlVsdUuBY

Killer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Dances With Browns. This man speaks of victory and hope. I do not trust him.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

commy gun posted:

Killer.

Take me to this magical land where the Super Bowl winner gets the #1 pick.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I think Ivan Reitman has earned and deserves our respect. I'll wait until I see the movie before I judge it. It could be like a version of Moneyball where in the end nobody has won and there's still just a general feeling of sadness.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Don't forget today is April 1st aka Everyone Makes Dumb poo poo Jokes Day so don't get conned by dumb rumors.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chichevache posted:

Take me to this magical land where the Super Bowl winner gets the #1 pick.

This movie was obviously based on the 2013 NFL season, which ended like two months ago

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

commy gun posted:

Killer.

Field of screams

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Matthew Stafford got engaged.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

At least one of them will get to wear a ring

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Don't forget today is April 1st aka Everyone Makes Dumb poo poo Jokes Day so don't get conned by dumb rumors.

Some rear end in a top hat started talking about CJ getting resigned by the Titans for two years and nearly had me going.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

This movie was obviously based on the 2013 NFL season, which ended like two months ago

I was referring to the 2005 season. :colbert:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

sweet thursday posted:

At least one of them will get to wear a ring
Yeah but she'll never get a good return for it on the resale market

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

DangerKat posted:

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Well if that doesn't put Yao Ming in perspective, I don't know what does.

Two retired NBA players

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
So what happened in March? I can't catch up on 3000 posts.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Mainly a lot of posts about posters, "HOLY poo poo DJAX GOT RELEASED" and "is it the draft yet?"

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

from the last thread but,

Cascadia Pirate posted:

I like the Grantland NFL podcast. If you like Bill Barnwell's columns it's pretty good.
I like the Grantland NFL podcast as well. Although every now and then Barnwell/Mays will have really dumb opinions. But I guess that's true for any sports writer/media.

Rich Eisen's podcast is enjoyable as well.

I'd tried some specifically Seahawks podcasts but haven't really come across one I like. Seahawks posters, any recommendations?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

effectual posted:

So what happened in March? I can't catch up on 3000 posts.

Pats/Broncos free agency war, Denver won. Uh, controversial (maybe 'controversial' and not really) receivers cut by two teams even though they were obviously the best they had and both under contract. Teddy Bridgewater's pro day was underwhelming, JFF's was either amazing or not worth paying attention to depending on who you listen to. Signings and stuff happened.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Grittybeard posted:

Pats/Broncos free agency war, Denver won. Uh, controversial (maybe 'controversial' and not really) receivers cut by two teams even though they were obviously the best they had and both under contract. Teddy Bridgewater's pro day was underwhelming, JFF's was either amazing or not worth paying attention to depending on who you listen to. Signings and stuff happened.

I don't know that Denver unanimously won. New England has Revis and Browner as their corners now. Brady still doesn't have any receivers, but I think the Pats are sitting really pretty.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
True, I just assume Denver won because they're in the AFC West. I'd like to say Browner isn't anything special but damned if he doesn't know how to end up on the other side of the best corners.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Grittybeard posted:

True, I just assume Denver won because they're in the AFC West. I'd like to say Browner isn't anything special but damned if he doesn't know how to end up on the other side of the best corners.

Before Sherman took off Browner was our best corner, and he's a drat good one. The man is physical as hell and downright dirty sometimes, but he knows how to get into the head of a receiver and is absolutely brutal when it comes to shutting down screens. Plus he is a good special teamer.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

commy gun posted:

Killer.
Heh, his mom is old as gently caress and just figured out how to use Twitter. Comedy gold, brother.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The real question is if Kevin Costner would make a better GM than Matt Millen. All signs point to I don't give a poo poo.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Kevin Costner has been in a lot of good sports movies and also a lot of lovely other movies so lets hope this is one of the first. I'm actually looking forward to it.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I hope the ending is him getting fired and doing the walk of shame just like Charlie Sheen did after he was arrested in Wall Street.

Butthead
May 31, 2011
I'm curious how the movie is supposed to end. So the rogue GM trades for the #1 pick and takes his QB. And then what? Is anyone supposed to feel good or bad about this outcome without knowing how the players turn out?

My bet is that after the QB is selected, there are about 3 minutes left in the movie left to explain that he went on to win the Super Bowl as a rookie while setting rookie NFL records, and that even though the rogue GM was fired immediately after drafting the QB, he felt vindicated while watching the QB's first Super Bowl victory.

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW
Maybe Draft Day is just the first part of trilogy. All of them 3 hours long. The Fellowship of the Ring of sports movies.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

commy gun posted:

Killer.

I've never seen a trailer before where every line sounded forced.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Butthead posted:

I'm curious how the movie is supposed to end. So the rogue GM trades for the #1 pick and takes his QB. And then what? Is anyone supposed to feel good or bad about this outcome without knowing how the players turn out?

My bet is that after the QB is selected, there are about 3 minutes left in the movie left to explain that he went on to win the Super Bowl as a rookie while setting rookie NFL records, and that even though the rogue GM was fired immediately after drafting the QB, he felt vindicated while watching the QB's first Super Bowl victory.
It ends with the newly-minted star QB tearing his ACL in the playoffs (lol) at FirstEnergy Stadium. Denis Leary's character does seem like the arrogant, rear end in a top hat Mike Shanahan-type (especially with KISS THE RING near the beginning of the trailer). Jesus Christ this movie couldn't be anymore contrived.

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!
The movie will end with the Browns choosing to forego their first round pick, and Costner almost getting poo poo canned. However after an impassioned speech about thinking outside of the box, Haslam will decide that given recent history of drafting QBs not picking anyone was indeed the best call. During the season the Browns will go 1-16 after implementing a 100% run based offense. Everyone will agree it was still less painful than watching Weeden.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The movie will end with Costner killing himself for real because I hate him

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chris Gaines posted:

The movie will end with Costner killing himself for real because I hate him

He was cool in that Hatfield and McCoy thing on the history channel

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The whole DeSean Jackson thing is going to turn out to be a big practical joke.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

The commissioner of our kickball league sent an email just now saying that Will Ferrell would be rolling the first pitch on our opening day. I nearly fell for it because I am a gullible piece of poo poo.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I was going to make an effort post for Draft Day starring Kevin Costner but I couldn't decide if it was supposed to be a comedy, tragedy, or fantasy since I don't know how his draft as the Browns GM plays out.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I missed Grandpa chat but I can top all y'all for sad Grandpa stories. My paternal Grandfather was a medical pioneer and worked in the same hospital for over 40 years. He ended up dying of MRSA contracted at that hospital during a routine procedure. His doctor was mentored by a guy he mentored. He was completely lucid the whole time and I expect I'll never see another man so justifiably pissed.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

guys brett favre is coming out of retirement to play qb for the rams

april fools hahahaha

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Ehud posted:

april fools hahahaha

Brett favre should do this because everyone would think it's an april fools joke and then no teams will be prepared for funslinging

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
The first time I saw the trailer for Draft Day, I thought it was an elaborate Funny or Die skit or something. I'm still not sure it isn't. I'm not sure the film won't come out and it won't be some Joaquin Phoenix social experiment or something. The Catfish of comedies. Is Christopher Guest involved in any way?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ehud posted:

april fools hahahaha
I hear you're in the permaban queue and it's not a joke!!!

E: For real though I want Brett to come out of retirement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
If Jason Reitman were directing Draft Day I'd be all about it.

• Locked thread