Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Your team is either bad or going to win the Superbowl. Ray Rice is out of the league and torches and pitchforks are coming out for the commissioner. Should be a fun week of football!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Philadelphia alone at the top of the NFC East. :smug:

Oh my god this division is bad.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
My team is bad now but will win the Super Bowl as soon as they start Bortles.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
:patssay:

As as Patriots fan I've known for years that there is a wave of lovely football waiting for me at the end of Tom Brady's career. The sound of the fans of 31 other teams riotously laughing will someday be the background music to a neverending lowlight reel of sacks, fumbles, interceptions, stuffed runs up the gut and 5 yard completions on 3rd and 10 by Matt Cassel Brian Hoyer Ryan Mallett Jimmy Garoppolo or whoever.

Having 1 lovely game in Miami probably isn't the start of that wave. The Pats routinely have a godawful game or two against one of their division rivals every year, no matter how lame a year said rival might be having. Ton Brady is still healthy, Gronk will shake off the rust, the young receivers will improve (and LaFell will be shot into the sun), the OL rotation will settle down just like it did after sucking horribly early last year and Belichick will get the game plans dialed in by week 4.

Probably.

BlackCircle
Oct 21, 2005

I did Nazi that butt coming

Quiet Feet posted:

Philadelphia alone at the top of the NFC East. :smug:

Oh my god this division is bad.

Also scoring almost as many points as the rest of the division combined in only one half of football :smug:
Ya'll better hop on this bandwagon fast.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The winning bidder for the Bills might be announced this week.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I wasn't sure how down I'd be with football this year, but man if that game last night didn't get the blood flowing again. I can't wait to see how they blow it against Carolina this week to kill those good vibes :v:

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The NFL PA is meeting again today to discuss changing the drug policy. If/when it changes, Josh Gordon and possibly other drug suspended players may be immediately reinstated.

Not sure how it applies to anyone but Gordon since he's such a fringe case but at least they're doing something about the outdated policy. If Gordon is reinstated it would be huge for the Browns since Andrew "The Hawk" Hawkins is our leading receiver.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

BlackCircle posted:

Also scoring almost as many points as the rest of the division combined in only one half of football :smug:
Ya'll better hop on this bandwagon fast.

Ya all those points versus the vaunted Jacksonville Jaguars! All Aboard!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

sean10mm posted:

:patssay:

As as Patriots fan I've known for years that there is a wave of lovely football waiting for me at the end of Tom Brady's career. The sound of the fans of 31 other teams riotously laughing will someday be the background music to a neverending lowlight reel of sacks, fumbles, interceptions, stuffed runs up the gut and 5 yard completions on 3rd and 10 by Matt Cassel Brian Hoyer Ryan Mallett Jimmy Garoppolo or whoever.

Having 1 lovely game in Miami probably isn't the start of that wave. The Pats routinely have a godawful game or two against one of their division rivals every year, no matter how lame a year said rival might be having. Ton Brady is still healthy, Gronk will shake off the rust, the young receivers will improve (and LaFell will be shot into the sun), the OL rotation will settle down just like it did after sucking horribly early last year and Belichick will get the game plans dialed in by week 4.

Probably.

With any luck you can experience the same thing the cowboys fans have from 1996-present.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Bigass Moth posted:

The NFL PA is meeting again today to discuss changing the drug policy. If/when it changes, Josh Gordon and possibly other drug suspended players may be immediately reinstated.

Not sure how it applies to anyone but Gordon since he's such a fringe case but at least they're doing something about the outdated policy. If Gordon is reinstated it would be huge for the Browns since Andrew "The Hawk" Hawkins is our leading receiver.
Hawkins owns.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
Some guy sitting near me in the airport just read what he said was a new statement from Janay Rice. Sounds like she's full-bore supportive of him vs the league?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Atticus Finch posted:

Hawkins owns.

Wanna replace AJ Green with Hawkins?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

xeria posted:

Some guy sitting near me in the airport just read what he said was a new statement from Janay Rice. Sounds like she's full-bore supportive of him vs the league?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

The Giants fuckign suck.

YMB
Nov 8, 2009

in an unceremonious way

Uhhh... :stare: can some psychology major here explain this one? Abusive relationships tend to cloud people's judgment, and I'm sure Ray and/or his lawyer and PR team had a lot to do with this. Right? I feel really bad for her either way (obviously).

Edit: all of this discussion should probably be kept in its dedicated thread to avoid a derail.

Edit edit: didn't realize that thread was closed, lmao

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

YMB posted:

Uhhh... :stare: can some psychology major here explain this one? Abusive relationships tend to cloud people's judgment, and I'm sure Ray and/or his lawyer and PR team had a lot to do with this. Right? I feel really bad for her either way (obviously).

Edit: all of this discussion should probably be kept in its dedicated thread to avoid a derail.

Part of domestic violence/IPV cycle often involves the victim blaming others/themselves for the abuse and consequences of abuse (ie legal/employment problems).

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

YMB posted:

Edit edit: didn't realize that thread was closed, lmao

I'm not a psychology major but there are plenty of women who fall into this mindset who have never been near a lawyer or PR team in their lives. It's just a hosed up situation and not everyone is capable of seeing things clearly on their own. That doesn't make them dumb or complicit, it's just a fragile situation.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

ZenVulgarity posted:

The Giants fuckign suck.

The NFCE is a veritable buzzsaw.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I wish Carolina was playing Detroit later in the season when they would inevitably be in the middle of some mind bending, hilarious collapse like the Lions always pull off. But we're still in the "Lions play pretty well to raise the hopes of their fanbase" period so I fear the worst :(

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

The NFCE is a veritable buzzsaw.

Them all being poo poo at once means someone's loving themselves out of draft picks which is kind of funny

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I think this NFCE deserves a 6-10 or 7-9 champion.

YMB
Nov 8, 2009

in an unceremonious way
Evan Mathis is out 6-8 weeks with an MCL sprain, which is going to be really bad for us, especially since Foles is already holding onto the ball way too long. I predict many sacks on Monday night.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

Tato posted:

I wish Carolina was playing Detroit later in the season when they would inevitably be in the middle of some mind bending, hilarious collapse like the Lions always pull off. But we're still in the "Lions play pretty well to raise the hopes of their fanbase" period so I fear the worst :(

I think it will be a good game. Lions didn't really destroy the Giants other than the Giants being dumb and trying to single cover Calvin Johnson, and subsequently leaving him wide open. Also, the game won't be in a dome.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

YMB posted:

Evan Mathis is out 6-8 weeks with an MCL sprain, which is going to be really bad for us, especially since Foles is already holding onto the ball way too long. I predict many sacks on Monday night.

Don't the Colts have basically no pass rush?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
edit: Oh I see the Ray Rice thread got unlocked. Moving it there.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Quiet Feet posted:

Don't the Colts have basically no pass rush?

I wouldn't call it basically no pass rush as they do blitz a lot, but they don't have a dominant pass rusher without Mathis. It's nothing to fear if your quarterback isn't Jimmy Clausen or something.

Spork o Doom
May 31, 2011
This weekend I am going to be pulling hard for the Patriots to get upset by the Vikings so they can continue to sit in the basement for another week and the lost season guys can start to come out of the woodwork again.

Also in case the Bills inexplicably beat the fins (quite doable at home I think, although EJ is going to get eaten alive) the AFC east table will be something out of a fairy tale for another week.

I'd say this is evidence being a Bills fan has made me a wholly negative sportsman who only accrues joy by sharing out his misery but it is the Pats so I should get a karmic pass.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Nail Rat posted:

I wouldn't call it basically no pass rush as they do blitz a lot, but they don't have a dominant pass rusher without Mathis. It's nothing to fear if your quarterback isn't Jimmy Clausen or something.

But what if your quarterback is Ryan Fitzpatrick?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

clowney blames the texans turf for his injury? okay wonder where that goes

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Kirios posted:

But what if your quarterback is Ryan Fitzpatrick?

Outlook hazy

quote:

clowney blames the texans turf for his injury? okay wonder where that goes

Nowhere. That field is notorious for causing injuries where they have lovely seams between the grass. They don't care and neither does the NFL.

edit: to give some examples - Marlin Jackson in 2008 tore his ACL when his cleat got stuck in a seam there(at the time he was a very promising young DB) and Wes Welker got his cleat stuck when he tore his ACL and MCL in 2009.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Sep 9, 2014

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Buffalo beat reporters are saying that Pegulas have placed the winning bid for the Bills, and now they just need to wait for league approval.

The Bills are staying in Buffalo, y'all.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Burger Trench posted:

Goondolances.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Move the Bills to New Jersey.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The Titans are tied for the lead in the afc south and we play dallas next week! This is our year to win the division.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Metapod posted:

The Titans are tied for the lead in the afc south and we play dallas next week! This is our year to win the division.
And the week after that it's the Bengals :unsmigghh:

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Waitin all week for Sunday Night

It's gonna be hilarious y'all

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chiefs sign DL Kevin Vickerson, formerly a Bronco, to replace DeVito.

No details on salary info, but it's a one year deal.

I think I like this.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Burger Trench posted:

Buffalo beat reporters are saying that Pegulas have placed the winning bid for the Bills, and now they just need to wait for league approval.

YESSSSSSSSSS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

quote:

Tim Graham @ByTimGraham · 38m

From what I've learned past couple days, any cynicism about Ralph should evaporate as we report this story. His directives were gracious.

I knew Ralph Wilson was one of the good goblins and not one of the greedy, evil ones

• Locked thread