Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Zoran posted:

They ran the ball on third down and 10 with 17 seconds left and no timeouts.

They won.

lanaka
Nov 9, 2011
This was the best finish we'll seethis season. Go a Lion.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
We won in London because I have a Corgi, I'm convinced of this.

Butthead
May 31, 2011
Falcons are the new Lions.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
That was the most Lions way to win a game ever. I love it.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
Can't the Lions just like blow out an opponent instead of pulling these loving 14-21 points down come back in the 4th quarter loving wins? I'm going to have a god drat stroke.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Op needs fourth picture for game winning smiling Caldwell. The best Caldwell.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I am drained of life. There are no more words.

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
Of course I missed the best game of the season because of work

Of loving course

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Iced ourselves, still won

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Cruel and Unusual posted:

I am drained of life. There are no more words.

I still can't believe that happened. I am fully convinced I am dreaming and the Lions are actually losing 43-0

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
I just woke up
gently caress a falcons

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
To bring balance to this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EZrpEdc0ZQ

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Jim Caldwell is a bad coach.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Now that the Lions have legitimate leadership they are a good tram. Imagine that.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Lt. Chips posted:

I can't hear you over the 6-2 record

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Lt. Chips posted:

And Matt Stafford is a poor man's Brett Favre, but a W is a W especially with all of your offensive skill players out.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Quest For Glory II posted:

I can't hear you over the 6-2 record

HES A REALLY BAD COACH

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe

owns

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

HES A REALLY BAD COACH

Hasn't stopped the Cowboys from doing well this year.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I can't believe the Falcons used a timeout in that final sequence, as if the Lions tricked them into it

It had to have been some kind of muscle memory thing "they're running the ball and we're about to lose better call a timeout"

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

C-Euro posted:

And Matt Stafford is a poor man's Brett Favre, but a W is a W especially with all of your offensive skill players out.

What was he? Like 24 for 47? Bad fun slinging but fun slinging all the same.

And I think Matt Ryan's pick was because a receiver ran the wrong route?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Quest For Glory II posted:

I can't believe the Falcons used a timeout in that final sequence, as if the Lions tricked them into it

It had to have been some kind of muscle memory thing "they're running the ball and we're about to lose better call a timeout"

I don't think they stopped the clock when it would have been running. The clock stoppage at the last minute run was from a defensive holding penalty. I'm sure they took timeouts during the drive, but I'm pretty sure it was when we had the clock stopped anyway on a spike or incompletion.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Lions are gonna roll following the bye. Jesus Christ what a team.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

NowonSA posted:

I don't think they stopped the clock when it would have been running. The clock stoppage at the last minute run was from a defensive holding penalty. I'm sure they took timeouts during the drive, but I'm pretty sure it was when we had the clock stopped anyway on a spike or incompletion.

IIRC, the Lions ran it on 1st or 2nd down and the Falcons called timeout. Then they ran it on 3rd down and got defensive holding. It was as though the Lions were trying to return the favor.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Zoran posted:

IIRC, the Lions ran it on 1st or 2nd down and the Falcons called timeout. Then they ran it on 3rd down and got defensive holding. It was as though the Lions were trying to return the favor.
Yeah if the Falcons didn't call the timeout, they probably would have won

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Ah, yeah that's possible. We'd of spiked it on first down, so we ran it on 2nd. That timeout was actually smart, since it made the Lions run the ball like idiots again and probably run out the clock. If there's no timeout, the lions run down the clock, spike it on 3rd, and kick it on 4th down.

Basically, intentional or not they gave Caldwell a chance to make a huge coaching mistake, and he can never resist plowing right into it. I hope that the detroit sportswriters call him out on that bullshit run with 17 seconds left.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
That game ruled and so do the Detroit Lions.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
No.

Falcons.

Just no.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Listening to 97.1 the Ticket (Detroit Sports Radio) and they said there were 25 seconds on the clock at the start of the 3rd down run. It's still a dumb idea to run it, but in theory you can have the play wrapped up at 20-17 seconds left and run the kick team out there, although it'd be such a clusterfuck and hustle I can't imagine it's at all good for the odds of the kick. Smartest play there is to just spike it or kick it on 3rd down, 2nd smartest is to try a sideline or endzone pass, though since so much can go wrong running any dang play they REALLY should have just spiked it.

Oh well, Lions are finally using their "weirdest drat team in the league" powers to help them, so it's nice, if a bit mindshattering.

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

I think teams usually count on being able to get their FG on and kick in 15 to 17 seconds, but that's usually in a passing situation. The Lions' 3rd down play started with 24 seconds left, so there was enough time.

It's still a dumb call, especially if you get a runner fighting for yards or a big pileup that takes too much time to unpile.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I agree with the original poster of this thread.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Wrong thread!

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Until the Lions win a superbowl, i will never feel bad for being on the winning side of bullshit, i do not care how egregious it is, you can not even remotely make an argument that all the calls fall our way.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

As a Packer fan I always want the Lions to lose, but gently caress the Falcons even more

• Locked thread