Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
It's 1983 and I'm excited for the new and shiny...
This poll is closed.
The Intellivision 2 34 22.67%
The COLECO ADAM 19 12.67%
The Vectrex 35 23.33%
The Atari 5200 62 41.33%
Total: 150 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

VideoGames posted:

just wanted to post these again so we can have some awesome positive pictures to use in our threads :>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-GTXgzxTaA

Happy new year, all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I finished Wooly World with my little brother. Its a very cute and fun game but playing the more difficult levels with two people will lead to a lot of unintended team killing. Lost count of how many times an egg bounced back and knocked one of us off a cliff.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Internet Kraken posted:

I finished Wooly World with my little brother. Its a very cute and fun game but playing the more difficult levels with two people will lead to a lot of unintended team killing. Lost count of how many times an egg bounced back and knocked one of us off a cliff.

Chaos can be fun.

I will make a new miiverse thread eventually.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Internet Kraken posted:

There are a handful of levels that flat-out shouldn't be played in multiplayer like that curtain roller coaster one. Otherwise, it's pretty fun to run around eating each other and having a silly time. It reminded me of playing the Lego games and destroying each other when we'd be thinking through a puzzle.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Happy new year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73-S9qCBH4Q

20 year legacy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtpEd4fgF68

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvM5FkCTskk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdq5CXtF_9U

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jan 1, 2016

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Rainbow six and vermintide are real fun

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
goty 2015 is probably xenoblade or bloodbourne

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'd like to play either Xenoblade game but $$$ and it seems like whenever people say they're awesome they can't qualify it. Like wrt the first Xenoblade it was all just "this is the best JRPG in years!" without further explanation than that and it's a statement I really need explained bc JRPG people think a lot of weird poo poo is great.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think the first game I'm going to buy this year is probably going to be Trails of Cold Steel.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I'd like to play either Xenoblade game but $$$ and it seems like whenever people say they're awesome they can't qualify it. Like wrt the first Xenoblade it was all just "this is the best JRPG in years!" without further explanation than that and it's a statement I really need explained bc JRPG people think a lot of weird poo poo is great.

neither xenoblade is "great."

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Zombies' Downfall posted:

in the case of the first one the combat is really good and snappy without sacrificing too much depth, the characters are pretty cool, the crafting/loot system is interesting, and there's a lot of really awesome big areas that are like :aaa:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
there's so many great games I bought over black friday that I still havent touched because I'm curb stomping my way through Yakuza 5

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

What happened to the Miiverse thread?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lizard Wizard posted:

It was goldmined

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together

Lizard Wizard posted:

It was veering into an Undertale derail so it got goldmined before anything bad happened.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"veering"

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
We're lucky the mod team was there to stop people from derailing into video game discussion

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Adam Bowen posted:

We're lucky the mod team was there to stop people from derailing into video game discussion
Yeah, can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want a good thread ruined by terrible nonsense.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Couldn't the mods just have told people to shut up about Undertale rather than closing the thread?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Monthly chat threads, weekly WiiU threads. 2016's next big trend is daily threads!

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Sleeveless posted:

Monthly chat threads, weekly WiiU threads. 2016's next big trend is daily threads!

One of my recurrent nightmares after seeing the population statistics of Elite: Dangerous is to wake up as a gaming nerd inside the Elite: Dangerous world and having to choose between videogames produced by several thousands tech worlds with competing hardware standards. In that world megathreads about each games last minutes.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

axleblaze posted:

Couldn't the mods just have told people to shut up about Undertale rather than closing the thread?
It had run its course, there wasn't much new content being posted, it was a good time to goldmine it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
whats the cool e-games 2016 yall? macromedia shockwave portal is down lately so i idk what to play

edit: Holy poo poo, I was joking but the loving ezone is still around!!!
http://www.ezone.com/games/walkabout/

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jan 1, 2016

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I was skeptical about FAUs role as a mod but euthanizing the miiverse thread while it still had dignity made me a supporter of his policies.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Can we have austrian mook euthanized while he still ha... wait...

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

axleblaze posted:

FactsAreUseless posted:

It had run its course, there wasn't much new content being posted, it was a good time to goldmine it.

Sometimes you just have to know when to let go....

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wamdoodle posted:

Sometimes you just have to know when to let go....
You've gotta know when to goldmine, know when to... fold... mine...

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

FactsAreUseless posted:

You've gotta know when to goldmine, know when to... fold... mine...

Know when to proooobate
Know when to ban

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FCY3-cMX0w

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Jag tycker om den här låten.

R: Men inte de andra låtarna från Legend of Mana. Seiken Densetsu 3s ljudspår är bäst.

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jan 1, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

:ducksiren: foreigner spotted :ducksiren:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Ciaphas posted:

:ducksiren: foreigner spotted :ducksiren:

:ssh: I'm Canadian

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDR-OWfxNEc

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
it's a new year, and i still haven't played a video game...

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Looper posted:

it's a new year, and i still haven't played a video game...

have you checked out this game call undertale

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
try a nice game of space cadet pinball, to ease into it

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Kewpuh posted:

have you checked out this game call undertale

"It is insufficiently reverent, and does not perform the proper obeisances." says the middle-aged man using ten dollar words he learned from Dragonlance novels to tell kids to get off of his lawn.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Then on the blog post the day after they listed the order 1886 as one of the best games of 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

Sleeveless posted:

"It is insufficiently reverent, and does not perform the proper obeisances." says the middle-aged man using ten dollar words he learned from Dragonlance novels to tell kids to get off of his lawn.

I haven't seen a PA strip in years, it's amazing how far down the Kricfalusi hole Gabe has gone.

• Locked thread