Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
NY lawmakers want cat declawing outlawed

Lawmakers and advocates gathered Tuesday to push for a bill that would make it illegal to declaw cats in New York, but a group representing the state's veterinarians says the procedure should remain legal.

Advocates ranging from state Humane Society members to individual veterinarians met in the state Capitol to push for a bill sponsored by Assemblymember Linda Rosenthal, D-Manhattan, which would ban the practice of declawing cats except when medically necessary.

http://www.wlbz2.com/news/nation-now/ny-lawmakers-want-cat-declawing-outlawed/200899078

So would you basically cut off the equivalent of 2 knuckles from your hands or keep them? Would you cut your toes off?

I wouldn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i would cut your toes off, op. you deserve worse, but we have to start somewhere.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
here come the cat haters.

nice animal hate bait thread

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

JiveHonky posted:

here come the cat haters.

nice animal hate bait thread
wheres that guy that says theres nothing wrong with torturing animals for any reason because it's the same as kicking a plastic bag

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
pussy

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Why do people declaw cats anyways? To protect their ikea furniture? That's stupid.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
do not declaw cats but also dont pass a law making doing so illegal. next

penis man
May 18, 2016

by zen death robot
encourage claw clipping ban declawing right

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

dont declaw cats but don't issue a ban because it'll lead to back-alley declawing or owners performing D.I.Y. declawing or something like that

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

alternatively, encourage kitten mittens

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Declawlaw

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Cats are an invasive species and should be eliminated from North America, nay, the earth!
Removing their claws might stop them from killing so many birds, not that birds are much better.

Cats owners are often more passionate about their disease carrying friends than they are about their personal hygiene. Not to mention the strong correlation between cat ownership and mental illness.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
You shouldn't declaw your cat and if you have a living situation where it's simply not feasible to have a cat with claws you shouldn't have a cat but that said they shouldn't make the practice illegal either as it's still better to have a declawed cat than it is to have more strays running around and that's why the veterinarians are against the bill as declawing represents a lesser of two evils options over a family just dumping their kitten once it grows up a bit and starts damaging their furniture.

There are some decent alternatives like softpaws and such but at the end of the day a lot of people are lazy lovely pet owners and if push comes to shove a vet would rather just declaw the cat than risk it ending up on the streets or a shelter.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Happy Bear Suit posted:

dont declaw cats but don't issue a ban because it'll lead to back-alley declawing or owners performing D.I.Y. declawing or something like that

whats the point of having any laws against animal cruelty, people are gonna do it anyways

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
fuckkcatz entitrely

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
How about just dipping their paws in molten rubber

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

don't declaw cats you loving monster

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
why people so mad about declawing cats? take the front claws off, it's all good, the cats don't need to kill the food bowl

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
who gives a gently caress take it to PI

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
cats have claws, if you dont like that dont have a cat.

i like dogs but i hate how they be looking at me all the time, gonna take rover in for that eye-removal procedure tomorrow.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
what is better, circumcision or cat declawing?

I'm for both

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Happy Bear Suit posted:

DIY declawing gonna have to close up with a DIY euthanizing

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

JiveHonky posted:

cats have claws, if you dont like that dont have a cat.

i like dogs but i hate how they be looking at me all the time, gonna take rover in for that eye-removal procedure tomorrow.

Dont they also have a procedure to make it so dogs dont bark sll the goddsmn time? Sounds good to me

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Think they can just take it to the logical next step and just ban all cats. No cat declawing when cats are declared illegal.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

EVIL Gibson posted:

Think they can just take it to the logical next step and just ban all cats. No cat declawing when cats are declared illegal.

and what will you do when your country bans toilet babies? move?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I lime how the group defending cat declawing is the group that makes bank loving up cats.

If you can't handle an animal with sharp claws, don't get a loving cat.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I lime how the group defending cat declawing is the group that makes bank loving up cats.

Or how about get a cat and have it declawed? What's the problem?

penis man
May 18, 2016

by zen death robot

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
If you care one way or the other you're a broke brained retard

If you let your cat out at night so it can poo poo in other people's gardens and kill native birds you're a turdman

raton fucked around with this message at 05:37 on May 19, 2016

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Lime Tonics posted:

Why do people declaw cats anyways? To protect their ikea furniture? That's stupid.

My furniture comes from ColorTyme, and yes that is the reason.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Cutting a cat's balls off is like getting your balls cut off for a human. Clearly we should not spay or neuter cats. If you cant handle your cat fuxking and having babies all the time maybe dont buy a cat

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

nothing in your lovely apartment is worth anything anyways. let the toxo rat have at it!

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Sheep-Goats posted:

If you care one way or the other you're a broke brained retard

counterpoint: no, u

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Just cut em with a $6 pet nail trimmer and bribe the poo poo out of that li'l bitch with treats afterward. After a time or two they'll know what's up and you can trim away because they know they get to stuff their fat little faces when it's over.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Mange Mite posted:

Cutting a cat's balls off is like getting your balls cut off for a human. Clearly we should not spay or neuter cats. If you cant handle your cat fuxking and having babies all the time maybe dont buy a cat

except people do get surgery to stop from reproducing, great point.......... NOT

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Hello I want to buy a fur covered dildo to plunge into my emotional hole, what do you have along these lines?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Literally all of the people "Defending" declawing cats agree with that sentiment you retard. The reality is that plenty of irresponsible people let their cats breed and plenty of other irresponsible people adopt those kittens from their friends and friends of friends and by the time the cat has grown up and started messing with their furniture the prospects of future adoptions are incredibly bad so these people who shouldn't have cats in the first place but would be willing to keep taking care of them if they were declawed create a situation where the options are a: declaw the cat, b: shelter the cat until it gets euthanized, c: dump the cat in a box on the street. if you outlaw declawing you're just gonna get more b, and c, there are simply no good answers when it hits that point.

No vets want to declaw cats they just understand that when push comes to shove it's better to have a declawed cat with a home than the alternative.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

JiveHonky posted:

except people do get surgery to stop from reproducing, great point.......... NOT

Having it done to people involuntarily is some nazi poo poo dude. Not to mention the fact that they don't just chop them off

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I don't have any claws ergo someone must have cut them off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Sheep-Goats posted:

Hello I want to buy a fur covered dildo to plunge into my emotional hole, what do you have along these lines?

people that have pets are so WILD and WEIRD. shut the gently caress up wolf nuts

• Locked thread