Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
and it was really good, even given the fact that very few people were willing to talk because it would violate their settlemwnt agreements or they had committed suicide or they are in jail or whatever

kinda hosed up to realize that was 10 years ago and those kids aren't kids anymore

anyway the courtroom video made it look like this whole thing happened in like 1975

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
wait so the police, the DA, and a stripper all lied and are wholesale pieces of poo poo? shocking

also haha that one cop killed himself, cool

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
gently caress duke :hellyeah:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Roargasm posted:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I watched it and really enjoyed it. Stuff like that about the legal system railroading innocent people is particularly interesting to me and in general a pretty scary concept.

What's even more hosed up is that if you just polled like 20 random people on the street about the "Duke rape thing" at least half of them wouldn't probably even know about the trial at all and still just assume that they were guilty.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i didnt watch it because im boycotting 30 for 30 until they release the episode about the sacramento kings that they pulled and didnt air

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial
wish i knew what your words meant, OP but i also wish for death. dont think either matter tbh

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005

the great deceiver posted:

i didnt watch it because im boycotting 30 for 30 until they release the episode about the sacramento kings that they pulled and didnt air

Go on

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Unfortunately this is very common, and a startling number of rape accusations are outright lies. It is doubly unfortunate that "innocent until proven guilty" doesn't usually apply when rape is involved. There have been several instances of fake rape accusations in sports alone over the past and people still use them as ways to demean teams/players they don't like. Off the top of my head I can think of Jameis Winston, Ben Roethlisburger, that kid from Notre Dame, and Kobe Bryant. Not a single one of them did anything criminal, but their organization, much like Duke, has a history of success and jealous people will resort to heinous tactics to demean them any was possible. It is a sad state of affairs and I am glad the innocent kids at Duke were cleared.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
as a staunch MRA my thoughts on this are ....

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
I've been raped.

(I hope "I've been raped" turns into the new "I'm gay")

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

dreezy posted:

I've been raped.

(I hope "I've been raped" turns into the new "I'm gay")

lol im gay

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
cuck

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Watched this. Rich white people shocked justice system is hosed

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

lol mike nifong did 1 day in jail?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Play lacrosse, get accused of rape

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

they did an episode on sacramento fighting to keep the kings and then pulled it before it ever aired just because our former nba player mayor is an accused child rapist. let he who is without sin cast the first stone espn

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Roargasm posted:

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
I can't be bothered to read about or understand this issue but I think I'm outraged

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Zorodius posted:

I can't be bothered to read about or understand this issue but I think I'm outraged

same but i'd like to pretend i have done the first two parts

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
One one hand these kids had their lives hosed up by a justice system and media that did not care about the truth but see the problem is gently caress DUKE

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Hey wassup my bro

It apparently aired at The Crest a week or two before the original air date so a couple of dozen people saw it. There should be a 30 for 30 on those people

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
It's kinda like that UVA frat gangrape story that turned out to be complete bullshit. It just Feels True. Lacrosse team or frat bros being douchebag rapists? Well I hated those people in college so it all fits.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Remember those other stories about false rape charges? This one, being false, is one of them now! Hooray!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Cuck I'm gay cucking cuckservative cucked

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

Hey wassup my bro

It apparently aired at The Crest a week or two before the original air date so a couple of dozen people saw it. There should be a 30 for 30 on those people

i remember hearing about that, of course KJ was there like it wasnt no thing. they said they might edit it and eventually release it but i dunno

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

Remember those other stories about false rape charges? This one, being false, is one of them now! Hooray!
yes, now

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

BigBoss posted:

Unfortunately this is very common, and a startling number of rape accusations are outright lies. It is doubly unfortunate that "innocent until proven guilty" doesn't usually apply when rape is involved. There have been several instances of fake rape accusations in sports alone over the past and people still use them as ways to demean teams/players they don't like. Off the top of my head I can think of Jameis Winston, Ben Roethlisburger, that kid from Notre Dame, and Kobe Bryant. Not a single one of them did anything criminal, but their organization, much like Duke, has a history of success and jealous people will resort to heinous tactics to demean them any was possible. It is a sad state of affairs and I am glad the innocent kids at Duke were cleared.

you soujndslike a rapist

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
The woman who accused them of rape stabbed her boyfriend to death several years ago.

She sure gets up to some hijinks.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

they did an episode on sacramento fighting to keep the kings and then pulled it before it ever aired just because our former nba player mayor is an accused child rapist. let he who is without sin cast the first stone espn

drat I had no idea Charles Barkley's sidekick was mayor of Sacramento or about his child adventures. His Wikipedia was pretty interesting. I remember awhile back hearing sports media reporting that the Kings moving out of Sacramento was imminent but then it never happened. Wanna see that 30 30. I've seen a lot of those and most of them are pretty good even though I'm not super into sports. Broke, Elway to Marino, and Youngstown boys come to mind.

Krustic fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Mar 14, 2016

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
Jameis Winston (he did steal crab legs)
Ben Rothlissjigger
Patrick Kane (this year's Art Ross Trophy winner)
Michael Gira (Pitchfork Album of the Decade in 2016)
Conor Oberst
Henry Rollins
All Pro Sexman
Mike Tyson
Emo Phillips
Patrick Warburton
Darkpriest
Herman Goering
Charles Martel
Xerxes
Aristophanes

and on and on it goes

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

yeah the episode was about sacramento fighting to keep the kings. it is a really good story that deserves to be told but i guess it wont cuz our mayor is an epihebibophile or whatever

NBC Nightly Newt
May 11, 2013

yeah the episode was about sacramento fighting to keep the kings. it is a really good story that deserves to be told but i guess it wont cuz our mayor is an epihebibophile or whatever

I've lived in Sactown for over a decade and this is the first I've heard of this. Points to you Mr. Mayor.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
i saw it while i was getting drunk at a bar and i gotta say gently caress lacrosse and its gay "raping poles" i get it, its a british sport and they have stupid as gently caress names for everything over there but why keep "raping poles" around? its been like 200 years since we killed every last brit in america yet we still say "raping poles" when it comes to lacrosse. its time to upgrade to 2015, lacrosse. and i mean it.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
The episode about tanya harding was really good.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

BigBoss posted:

Just want to make sure more people see this red pill post

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Iron Prince posted:

i saw it while i was getting drunk at a bar and i gotta say gently caress lacrosse and its gay "raping poles" i get it, its a british sport and they have stupid as gently caress names for everything over there but why keep "raping poles" around? its been like 200 years since we killed every last brit in america yet we still say "raping poles" when it comes to lacrosse. its time to upgrade to 2015, lacrosse. and i mean it.

lol :britain: all kindsa hosed up still imo

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

:lol: at the Kobe Bryant mention because in his interview with the police he basically denied it while at the same time admitting he could see why she thought it

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Bill Barber posted:

I watched it and really enjoyed it. Stuff like that about the legal system railroading innocent people is particularly interesting to me and in general a pretty scary concept.

What's even more hosed up is that if you just polled like 20 random people on the street about the "Duke rape thing" at least half of them wouldn't probably even know about the trial at all and still just assume that they were guilty.

The Daily Beast had an article that was very mad they made this documentary and that the liar was the real victim and it's sad she's in jail for murder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

NutritiousSnack posted:

The Daily Beast had an article that was very mad they made this documentary and that the liar was the real victim and it's sad she's in jail for murder.

Wow, she's just a real jerk huh?

• Locked thread