Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
small hendren
Jan 27, 2011
Could any of you hack like Mr Robot? What's the best hack you've ever done?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
No. I've never hacked anything. Hacking is illegal.

(nice try, Officer)

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
someone hacked our vending machine at work to make everything cost $31337

well that's my hacking story

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011
my friend said the hacking and stuff in Mr Robot is legit.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
I can hack the mainframe with a visual basic gui and backtrack the ISP numbers or whatever.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

read lifehacker sometime noob

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
bitch I will hack your rear end in a top hat open with my enormous boner. don't come around here talking like some fuckin cop. it could be the last thing you ever post

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I can totally hack any computer but *yawn* I was caught in some Air Force Gibson and I totally had to promise the government that I would only hack for good, so I can't show you.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i hacked the laundry room at my apt by using the vending machine as a change machine.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
actually, mr robot is the name of the show. you're thinking of mr robot's monster.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
Mr Robot for real is super good. Normally when shows reference real life computer stuff it's super cringy but it actually makes me a tiny bit happy when I see him open putty or whatever.

News flash fucko posted:

actually, mr robot is the name of the show. you're thinking of mr robot's monster.

lol

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

News flash fucko posted:

mr robot monster.

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Sep 1, 2016

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i am, op

ama

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I'm definitely a better snacker than that guy

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I just hax0red ur system, op. i have ur ip address now and I can do anything I want and u will get blamed

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011

The Management posted:

I just hax0red ur system, op. i have ur ip address now and I can do anything I want and u will get blamed

I have AVG antivirus. I'm a hacker's worst nightmare

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

like nearly twenty years ago I changed all of the win 98 boot screen pictures in the computer lab to a picture of my stunned looking face and boofy hair and I was reprimanded for hacking hope this is bett erthan what mr robot could have done op

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
My favorite hack in Mr. Roboto is when Rami Malek somehow runs an online dictionary attack against someone's Facebook account without immediately being rate limited

Apr 7, 2003

Instant Grat posted:

My favorite hack in Mr. Roboto is when Rami Malek somehow runs an online dictionary attack against someone's Facebook account without immediately being rate limited

Yeah, fiction takes artistic licenses often, if it improves the story. Crazy, huh

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Instant Grat posted:

turns out his password was Aaaaab

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Citizen Tayne posted:

Yeah, fiction takes artistic licenses often, if it improves the story. Crazy, huh

sounds like hogwash to me

flakeloaf posted:

turns out his password was Aaaaab

Now this i can get into

Apr 7, 2003

Instant Grat posted:

sounds like hogwash to me

Now this i can get into

*USA airs two hour long episodes consisting solely of Elliot staring at his screen while waiting for his dictionary attack to finish*

*neurotypicals give up and go watch Friends reruns*

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

idk does he use Arch?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

you know elliot is legit because he chills in IRC and uses bitchx to do it

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

domo arigato

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

yes

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bBrj6QBPW0

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Megaspel posted:

Mr Robot for real is super good. Normally when shows reference real life computer stuff it's super cringy but it actually makes me a tiny bit happy when I see him open putty or whatever.

lol

Actually season 2 is bad

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Instant Grat posted:

where's pr0zac at

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I've watched the first two seasons of Halt and Catch Fire over the week. Fun show, basically continues where Mad Men left off (well kinda, jump forward a decade to the early 80s), but from the perspective of an IT company. First season is based on Compaq reverse-engineering the IBM-PC.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

:thumbsup:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

mike12345 posted:

I've watched the first two seasons of Halt and Catch Fire over the week. Fun show, basically continues where Mad Men left off (well kinda, jump forward a decade to the early 80s), but from the perspective of an IT company. First season is based on Compaq reverse-engineering the IBM-PC.

this is actually a bad show. the characters are all exaggerated stereotypes and if you went through all the trouble of wiring up a rom data bus to a display, you would attach it to a shift register to push it through a serial port instead of having to manually write it down.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

News flash fucko posted:

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

The Management posted:

this is actually a bad show. the characters are all exaggerated stereotypes

* all network tv *

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

defcon presentations always have the shittest audio

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

The Management posted:

this is actually a bad show. the characters are all exaggerated stereotypes and if you went through all the trouble of wiring up a rom data bus to a display, you would attach it to a shift register to push it through a serial port instead of having to manually write it down.

yeah that's true, the characters are dumb clichés and the plot devices are sometimes cringey, but I still enjoy it *shrug*

mr robot otoh I find insufferable

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
mr robot is really overdoing this mental issues thing in the second season and it's ruining it. when the actual plot moves forward, like Angela or the FBI, it is good.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1lhGqNCZlA

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Actually season 2 is bad

is it? I watched s2e1 and thought it was bad but I assumed it got better. it turned me off enough to lose interest tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
kudos to the op for recognizing that anybody in this forum that would reply to this thread are, in all likelihood, guys

• Locked thread