Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Mister Macys posted:

As someone who hasn't played since GT4, what was GT5's like? I loved being able to manage the longer endurance races, or use the camera angles that were never really suitable for racing.

I understand it was a separate mode, and you couldn't switch it on or off during races.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Delusibeta posted:

I understand it was a separate mode, and you couldn't switch it on or off during races.

Also b-spec mode didn't allow you to fast forward, one of the most useful features from 4.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
B-Spec in GT5 was a poo poo mode, the AI was really dumb, bad and frustrating. It should be better here if what they say about the AI actually fighting for positions now instead of driving in single file is true.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

El Hefe posted:

B-Spec in GT5 was a poo poo mode, the AI was really dumb, bad and frustrating. It should be better here if what they say about the AI actually fighting for positions now instead of driving in single file is true.

This is also very true. To be fair, it was even worse in 4, but I mostly used b-spec in 4 for the longer races where you had to pit, in which I'd build up a massive lead before handing the car off to the braindead AI driver.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Cannot Find Server posted:

This is also very true. To be fair, it was even worse in 4, but I mostly used b-spec in 4 for the longer races where you had to pit, in which I'd build up a massive lead before handing the car off to the braindead AI driver.

It was always sad when I'd set this up and the ai would get itself stuck in a corner.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

elf help book posted:

It was always sad when I'd set this up and the ai would get itself stuck in a corner.

An AI driver did this in the last 2 hours of the Nurb 24 hour race and I had to redo the whole thing. I had done about 4 hours of a-spec in that race :smithicide:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
My favorite part about B-Spec was how you had to constantly spam the "Don't lose the race, you rear end in a top hat" button the entire time.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

I said come in! posted:

:siren: Thank gently caress for everything. :siren:

B-Spec may have been responsible for almost killing my old PS3. It can barely turn on now.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Alright 2 pm pst or so or whenever here is all of the races and stuff in no general order and we can do other specs if you want. Hope you guys come out for one last hilarious hurrah.

BMB5150 posted:

Looking at old races I think I'll throw out specs to get ready with. I'm not certain on PP and stuff like that but go with it.
Veyrons and Suzuki Swift at Top Gear Test Track
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5OIpuWtJBA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q--5V6i3dg

Transmission is open, setup is default unless different, power, aero is adjustable.

NASCAR at the ring in the dark in the rain, dear god. Own setup, Racing Soft
GT500 at Suzuka, 600 PP, Racing Soft
Sambabus at Monaco upgrade everything, Sports Soft
FGT at Indy Own setup, Racing soft
1 lap of terror with Cobras Comfort Hard/Soft at Laguna, we'll just take the default from the garage
Muscle cars at Davebo or my jump track 450 pp, Sports soft
5 lap Nurburgring enduro with Trans-Am cars (Trans-Am rules, look in OP)
SS7 with X2010 or whatever, screw around with your transmission
Go-Karts at Rome, most powerful go karts don't remember the name
Hot Hatches at Trial Mountain, 420 pp, sports soft
Luxury Yachts at Cape Ring, 500 pp, sports soft
Prototypes at Le Mans 700 pp, Racing Soft
GT cars at Daytona RC, 630 pp, Racing soft
RX7s at Spa, 440 pp, Sports soft
Modern high end cars at Tokyo, 600 pp, racing soft
GT-Rs at Eiger rally track, 475 pp, dirt/snow tires of course
Kei cars, 350 pp, sports soft
Veyrons, 660 pp, racing soft

These are all suggestions and can toss around ideas for track and cars, but I think these are pretty much all of the good specs and tracks we've mainly raced at.

And one thing should we continue the CCC name, should we bump it up to CCCC so we have 6 C's or have a new name when GT6 drops?

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
My g27 works but there are some problems with how it operates in gt5. Is there a guide to setting it up somewhere?

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!
After seeing the debacle going on with Forza 5, and how much they are seriously trying to improve with GT6, I came *this* close to pre-ordering GT6. I'm telling myself I won't pre-order, and just wait one-three days for thread reaction here. I am seriously concerned about load times though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What issues are you having? it should just work without issues. The options menu is where you would want to look, you'll see your wheel in there.

Tommy 2.0 posted:

After seeing the debacle going on with Forza 5, and how much they are seriously trying to improve with GT6, I came *this* close to pre-ordering GT6. I'm telling myself I won't pre-order, and just wait one-three days for thread reaction here. I am seriously concerned about load times though.

People are starting to play the final version now. Gaming journalists have the game now, but they aren't allowed to say anything until December 6. The only negative i've heard so far is the load times for races. Load times on everything else like menu's is really fast now.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

I said come in! posted:

The only negative i've heard so far is the load times for races. Load times on everything else like menu's is really fast now.

That was only a show build or whatever they are called, not a finalized version of the game anyway.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

I said come in! posted:

What issues are you having? it should just work without issues. The options menu is where you would want to look, you'll see your wheel in there.

People are starting to play the final version now. Gaming journalists have the game now, but they aren't allowed to say anything until December 6. The only negative i've heard so far is the load times for races. Load times on everything else like menu's is really fast now.

Honestly, just cleaning up all the menu tediousness is enough to get me excited. I wish the PS3 wasn't so deep in to it's life span, I'd pick up another SSD for it. Buying SSDs solely for a small handful of games gets expensive.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It was not the gold build, but it was really close to finished. We'll see how the load times are now that the game is done, and with the day one patch, but I expect it'll still be the same.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

I said come in! posted:

It was not the gold build, but it was really close to finished. We'll see how the load times are now that the game is done, and with the day one patch, but I expect it'll still be the same.

Not really, I don't expect the game to hang up and seem like it crashed like that reviewer said when loading.

It won't be worse than GT5, I played the GT Academy demo this summer and the load times were extremely fast.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

El Hefe posted:

Not really, I don't expect the game to hang up and seem like it crashed like that reviewer said when loading.

It won't be worse than GT5, I played the GT Academy demo this summer and the load times were extremely fast.

That was only loading one car model though. In GT5 when PD changed the way the loading worked, the track would load really fast, but the cars took forever. A full grid of all unique cars was a pretty lengthy load time.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

I said come in! posted:

That was only loading one car model though. In GT5 when PD changed the way the loading worked, the track would load really fast, but the cars took forever. A full grid of all unique cars was a pretty lengthy load time.

No, it still loaded every car one by one even if they were all the same model just like in GT5 and it was still pretty fast.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Eh, I guess we'll see in a week. I'm not expecting fast load times, right now.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
I'm not expecting fast load times either, whatever that subjective term means to any of us, but I'm also not expecting the game to seemingly crash and hang up like that guy said either.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fair enough, I wouldnt expect that either.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
I wonder if we are getting a moon track to race the lunar rover? It'd be pretty crazy to have moon races.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

El Hefe posted:

I wonder if we are getting a moon track to race the lunar rover? It'd be pretty crazy to have moon races.

You read my mind, dude. I was actually just thinking that I bet the moon track is a Coffee Break mini-game or Special Event. So it's something you'll have access to a few times in the career mode. The Lunar Buggy you can apparently drive on any track in the game though.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Tommy 2.0 posted:

I've seen this mentioned about Forza 5 multiple times, that 5 was really bad/screwed people over. Can you elaborate? I can't even remember if I bothered with 5. Horizons was disappointing, though.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Imagine doing a lap at the Ring with the lunar rover, that must take like 40 minutes.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Ak Gara posted:

I've seen this mentioned about Forza 5 multiple times, that 5 was really bad/screwed people over. Can you elaborate? I can't even remember if I bothered with 5. Horizons was disappointing, though.

Forza 5 increases prices and decreased income while also heavily pushing its microtransactions. The small fact that it has the smallest selection of cars in the series and only 14 tracks only made the problem worse.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

El Hefe posted:

Imagine doing a lap at the Ring with the lunar rover, that must take like 40 minutes.

I hope we can fully upgrade that bad boy.

The car i'm looking forward to the most is the KTM X-BOW R '12. That's gonna be my 'Ring car of choice.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
I like that the McLaren F1 GTR is a premium car now, that's one of my favourite standard cars.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Bring back the British Touring Cars from GT2, now that we have Brands Hatch and Silverstone :unsmith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkXbeCH6ylA

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

I said come in! posted:

Amazon hasn't been offering release day delivery for me lately. :( They use to all the time, so I don't understand what is wrong with them.

Do you have Prime? I've never had a problem with shipping with Prime, but my brother doesn't have Prime and apparently it now takes Amazon a week or two to ship him in-stock items (as in, they don't even leave the warehouse for a week or more). There's a lot of people complaining about that; seems they're basically making their non-Prime shipping suck to get people to pay for Prime.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

dennyk posted:

Do you have Prime? I've never had a problem with shipping with Prime, but my brother doesn't have Prime and apparently it now takes Amazon a week or two to ship him in-stock items (as in, they don't even leave the warehouse for a week or more). There's a lot of people complaining about that; seems they're basically making their non-Prime shipping suck to get people to pay for Prime.

Thank you for making me go check, because I wasn't sure. Yes, I have Prime still. It may just have to do with where I live now, which is 3 hours away from a Amazon distribution center, but that doesn't seem too bad?

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

So people on the middle east have gotten their hands on the game before the update so they're spilling a bit of information and so forth on the game. If you have a gtplanet account, I'd say start asking. Hell I'm surprised he didn't put in the OP loading times.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/got-a-copy-of-gt6-ask-questions-here.290981/

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

BMB5150 posted:

So people on the middle east have gotten their hands on the game before the update so they're spilling a bit of information and so forth on the game. If you have a gtplanet account, I'd say start asking. Hell I'm surprised he didn't put in the OP loading times.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/got-a-copy-of-gt6-ask-questions-here.290981/

I forgot they had to take out the Deltawing :(

What a kick in the nuts.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

El Hefe posted:

I forgot they had to take out the Deltawing :(

What a kick in the nuts.

~gently caress Don Panoz~

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Just read this post by that guy over there:

quote:

I can't tell much about the sounds at the moment, but the loading times are improved IMO.

there you go I said come in!

goomsnarr
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah, yeah...
Just put in my pre-order for the 15th Anniversary Edition.

Racing buggies on the moon? Top Gear can suck it.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/got-a-copy-of-gt6-ask-questions-here.290981/page-22

Guy on this page posted moon pics and said money is easily earned.

loving MOON RACE.

PD are nuts.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

El Hefe posted:

there you go I said come in!

Good load times, moon races, a good Gran Turismo, finally! :buddy:

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Nov 28, 2013

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
I checked this list a couple weeks ago against GT5 and every Ferrari that was in GT5 was in it, but I just checked it again and some are missing including the F1 cars...

http://www.gran-turismo.com/local/jp/data1/products/gt6/carlist_en.html

I guess it couldn't have been all sunshine and rainbows... so yeah we lost some premium cars, probably due to licensing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I hope we get more Ferrari's via DLC. I wish we could get the LaFerrari, but that is exclusive to Forza 5. I feel like the trade off though is those 15 or so concept cars that we'll eventually get for free.

Also :lol: at some of the hardcore Gran Turismo fans on GTPlanet, complaining about how GT6 looks disappointing. I set my expectations low for this game, and i'm happy so far with what new information has been revealed today.

• Locked thread