Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
New update blows. hosed up the 360 controller mapping and all kinds of terrain problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Well, some good news at least

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
Some highlights from that update:

quote:

Our intention is to release updates to the ‘stable release’ once per month minimum, with interim bug fixes in-between. There is an update currently being tested that includes a fix for the G27 steering wheel support & Mp saves relating to the Steam timeout issue.

Moving forwards, our next large update will include ‘Mod support’ expected in early April.

The next is scheduled for early May, which will include a ‘Cockpit camera view’!
:woop:

quote:

How can we possibly talk about the next iteration of Spintires when we still haven’t finished improving the current version of Spintires? Well to be fair, software is never finished and we understand that. But with the huge success of the Spintires release, it’s kind of a no-brainer but to continue the franchise and create an even better game with a larger team and a larger budget.
Getting a bit of a mixed message here, but I hope they can at least deliver on the big issues like cockpit camera and mod support before moving on to the sequel.

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye
yea once we get mod support that'll be great

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Stick Insect posted:

Some highlights from that update:
:woop:
Getting a bit of a mixed message here, but I hope they can at least deliver on the big issues like cockpit camera and mod support before moving on to the sequel.

I wouldn't mind a bigger budget sequel. More terrain types like snow or sandy dunes, different objectives other than lumber delivery, and of course more vehicles, possibly some american ones? :911:

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Anybody up for some spin tires? Or is it not worthwhile with the update?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
It's still fun. They just added winching to the ground forces in War Thunder, which inspired me to play this for a bit. Spent 15 minutes moving roughly 100 meters after I made a bad turn and was too stubborn to back out :downs:.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Is it just me or do trucks sink in mid a lot more often now?

Rosoboronexport
Jun 14, 2006

Get in the bath, baby!
Ramrod XTreme
The new update enabled hood cam on the non-beta version and improved wheel control immensely. It will also erase your saves but who cares, the hood camera is not perfect but it helps driving with wheel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Rosoboronexport posted:

The new update enabled hood cam on the non-beta version and improved wheel control immensely. It will also erase your saves but who cares, the hood camera is not perfect but it helps driving with wheel.

Edited that into the OP, thanks. I haven't been following this that much anymore since it's been updating at a snail's pace and a bunch of other stuff came out. Still think it's a cool game, though!

• Locked thread