Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Which also I wasn't ignoring you I've just. Been. On phone. And busy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

winvirus posted:

How are you (and the two others dead set on lynchjng me) blatantly ignoring the 100% serious vote and poo poo I made on Meinberg and my actual opinions in favor of a clear joke. You can tell it's a joke, because holy poo poo, do you really think I'm defending little mac as town on the basis that he thinks I'm town

Hey winvirus, can you answer this question please? I'd be dreadfully grateful!

Rarity posted:

winvirus, if it's ok for you to defend yourself for jokeposting then why is it scummy when I do the same?

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Rarity posted:

Hey winvirus, can you answer this question please? I'd be dreadfully grateful!

You can make jokes in mafia game but I felt your joke was scummy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

winvirus posted:

You can make jokes in mafia game but I felt your joke was scummy

Please show me which joke in particular you are referring to, as opposed to the rest of the jokes I made.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I'll cool on Kilran if he hasn't played since 2013

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
##vote Keane

fake effort, caught by merk.

also pretty much asking for a free pass on D1. wat.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

winvirus posted:

How are you (and the two others dead set on lynchjng me) blatantly ignoring the 100% serious vote and poo poo I made on Meinberg and my actual opinions in favor of a clear joke. You can tell it's a joke, because holy poo poo, do you really think I'm defending little mac as town on the basis that he thinks I'm town
I can't tell the difference, that is part of my issue with your tone, actually.

I'll give you some leeway for the phone posts but it doesn't change my base opinion.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Juanito posted:

##vote Keane

fake effort, caught by merk.

also pretty much asking for a free pass on D1. wat.

This is loving bullshit by a bullshitter.

All three of Rarity, Juanito and merk are dumb butts.

Wait let me pull a merk

"fake effort, caught by merk"

This is fake effort in following merk, who is an aggressive player capable of getting momentum on players. It's just repeating a case.

Obviously Juanito is scum.

^A bad case that is better than the goddamn bullshit merk is trying to pull like an rear end in a top hat.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I really do wish I had a vig every game so I could shoot big dummies e'ery day.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Keane it sounds like you need a hug. Somebody give him a hug :(

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

It sounds like I need people to stop lapping up piles and piles of bullshit!

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

CCKeane posted:

I really do wish I had a vig every game so I could shoot big dummies e'ery day.

CCKeane posted:

Also if I can not be night killed on the first night I would really appreciate that.

CCKeane posted:

Also I have died a lot day one so please nobody kill me thank you and good night.

CCKeane posted:

I die a lot and it is very annoying! People are very intimidated by my good looks and kill me as a result!

Hopefully you get to be a stump someday :qq:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Juanito posted:

Hopefully you get to be a stump someday :qq:

Stump Role best role.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

For loving serious:

The case on me is that I didn't have meaningful enough contributions on day one to a poster who had literally ten posts.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm fine giving Keane and Kilran a one-day past. I don't really get the case on Keane right now anyway but I've been playing off my phone.

I forget when the deadline is, but I am fine with lynching winvirus, rarity, and crazy eyes in order of preference.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

For loving serious:

The case on me is that I didn't have meaningful enough contributions on day one to a poster who had literally ten posts.

No, it's that you faked content.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

No, it's that you faked content.

No, I didn't, and you're faking a case!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Outside of this, I don't really see anything that stands out to me with regards to crazyeyes, and this isn't that bad.

Also CE did the scumhunter breadcrumb, so they are confirmed town, obviously.

BEHOLD THE FAKED CONTENT! A POTEMKIN VILLAGE DESIGNED TO TRICK AND FLUMMOX!

I AM LOKI GOD OF MISCHIEF!

Bullshit. You said to look at Crazy Eyes and I said this. Because this is what I thought and there are literally ten posts by crazyeyes.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Why are you advocating giving people a one day pass? For what? They aren't newbies. There's no claims?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

*were ten posts.

What would you even define as content in this case?! There's nothing to look at and I said nothing stands out.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Why are you advocating giving people a one day pass? For what? They aren't newbies. There's no claims?

Anybody who breadcrumbs scumhunter is obviously town because they are hunting scum. I don't understand what is so difficult to understand about this.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

I'm fine giving Keane and Kilran a one-day past. I don't really get the case on Keane right now anyway but I've been playing off my phone.

I forget when the deadline is, but I am fine with lynching winvirus, rarity, and crazy eyes in order of preference.

yuming explained the case on winvirus and I am still not seeing it, or anything on crazy eyes for that matter.

I'm suspicious of rarity because merk's case is bonkers stupid and while I can understand somebody making a bonkers stupid case, agreeing with a bonkers stupid case is suspicious imo.

Also Chicago's pizza is inferior to New York's pizza and everybody needs to deal.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Anybody who breadcrumbs scumhunter is obviously town because they are hunting scum. I don't understand what is so difficult to understand about this.

Not you, sorry I was on a phone. I'm now not on a phone. This person:

Somberbrero posted:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Not you, sorry I was on a phone. I'm now not on a phone. This person:

Yeah I realized that like right after I posted.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Rascyc posted:

Town does this poo poo too unfortunately

Fake content is the only real scum tell that exists in mafia. Town does what poo poo, faking content?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CCKeane posted:

I'm suspicious of rarity because merk's case is bonkers stupid and while I can understand somebody making a bonkers stupid case, agreeing with a bonkers stupid case is suspicious imo.

You're forgetting that I was already suspicious of you before merk made his case.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Fake content is the only real scum tell that exists in mafia. Town does what poo poo, faking content?

How is that faking content?!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Here's me as scum doing what I said Keane did, and I caught myself after this lynch to the point where I will never do this again.

I won't comment further because the game is still going on, but I did want to find it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

How is that faking content?!

I've already said my piece on it. Go read that piece. Please don't distract from further scum hunting by asking a question I've already answered. I don't want that question to Rascyc to be overlooked.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rarity posted:

You're forgetting that I was already suspicious of you before merk made his case.

Because I said "please don't kill me night one."

Because I would prefer not to die night one! Maybe if more people asked they'd get, jeeeeeezzzz

merk posted:

Here's me as scum doing what I said Keane did, and I caught myself after this lynch to the point where I will never do this again.

I won't comment further because the game is still going on, but I did want to find it.

We have very, very different posting styles, although I am sure you will get a lot of use out of this when you go to the mirror universe and play a game of mafia with good merk.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

I've already said my piece on it. Go read that piece. Please don't distract from further scum hunting by asking a question I've already answered. I don't want that question to Rascyc to be overlooked.

Nope! I'm going to drive this one to the ground because it's bullshit.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

merk posted:

Fake content, lazy content, bizarro content, etc.

I'm reminded of a game where you were scum and blasted Yuming for 'fake content' and it genuinely looked like she had faked it and then got vigged for it. In reality she had just posted some really bizarro stuff. So I'm not ready to just walk face first into this one personally.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3608168&userid=37071#post425881183

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CCKeane posted:

Also Chicago's pizza is inferior to New York's pizza and everybody needs to deal.

:hfive:

Sadly, the opposite is true of hot dogs.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
For context for anyone who doesn't want to read that post. Someone had made a case on me in that game on my confirmation post, Yuming augmented it with her own reads, and Merk accused her of faking content. Out of all the people involved, Merk was the scum and drove Yuming off an emotional cliff that got her vigged.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

The issue is that the mind set behind the post is scummy. That's why I'm taking it out of my game. Meta is unimportant.

See, you didn't actually read CE. You opened his post history, skimmed it lightly, and picked out one random post for you to say that's all you see.

Your conclusion means nothing to the thread and it looks like you were trying. But, you weren't trying. You were faking effort.

That's the only scum tell that exists.

This is merk's explanation of how it is faking content.

This is the post that merk is calling faked content:

CCKeane posted:

Outside of this, I don't really see anything that stands out to me with regards to crazyeyes, and this isn't that bad.

Also CE did the scumhunter breadcrumb, so they are confirmed town, obviously.

I'm saying pretty much straight up that, outside of one post that seemed weird to me, nothing is standing out. This isn't faked content, it's saying I don't think there is anything.

Seriously, what does everybody think they'd say if they were asked to look (at literally ten posts, several of them jokey) someone who didn't have anything that looked weird?

It really, really is a bullshit case and Rarity and Juanito are scummy for supporting it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

THIS CASE WILL BE CRUSHED UNDER MY HEEL LIKE THE ROT THAT IT IS

I WILL LET MY RIGHTEOUS FURY BE MY SWORD AS I CLEVE THE UNJUST IN TWAIN

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
What do you think of merk himself pushing that case on you?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rascyc posted:

It's a dumb case, but I think that's a null tell.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rascyc posted:

Like, expanding on this, even scum want to make cases that aren't dumb. Agreeing with a dumb case is worse since the flaws in logic and such are usually much easier for someone besides the poster to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I don't think it's null at all when I re-read that post he made in Zombie Beaver mafia and subsequent posts. Hum.

• Locked thread