Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

DontMindMe posted:

Starting to work on Vengeance Spirit, after realizing how good she is.

Going for level 1 with no skills to 80 with maxed skills is going to suck.

I pulled VS and Cloud Walker a day apart, as I was leveling up my Fallen Dominion. I'm only 72 but still :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Cinara posted:

Got Death Mage from Crusade today! Super lucky pull that hopefully can carry me a long ways having it this early.

Also, should I spend all my Crusade points to evolve Commando, buying refreshes or should I pick up another hero first?

I use 10 coin refreshes if I'm trying to power through, but 50s are kind of a waste.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Meanwhile i'm still trucking on the Iron Hoof plan, and wondering when (or if) he's really going to slow down. I still think he might be the most under-hyped unit in the game because of where he comes from. I just got him kitted out in his Purple+2 upgrade, and he's rocking 25k HP, 336 Armor, and 155 MR, along with 50 Dodge Rating and frequent front row mini-stuns. If it does turn out to be a mistake to have invested in him so heavily, it'll be by a lot less than Cloud Walker / War Chief hype suggests.

e: that said, War Chief's Purple+4 gear set looks amazing, so I hope to have him at 4/5* by the time I can actually gear anyone out to that level.

Niton fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Mar 3, 2015

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010

Niton posted:

Meanwhile i'm still trucking on the Iron Hoof plan, and wondering when (or if) he's really going to slow down. I still think he might be the most under-hyped unit in the game because of where he comes from. I just got him kitted out in his Purple+2 upgrade, and he's rocking 25k HP, 336 Armor, and 155 MR, along with 50 Dodge Rating and frequent front row mini-stuns. If it does turn out to be a mistake to have invested in him so heavily, it'll be by a lot less than Cloud Walker / War Chief hype suggests.

e: that said, War Chief's Purple+4 gear set looks amazing, so I hope to have him at 4/5* by the time I can actually gear anyone out to that level.

As far as I know the only reservation with Iron Hoof is that while he's built like a brick wall, he doesn't have much offensive capability (compared to WC and Panda). Other than that he's great.

Malachamavet
Jan 12, 2009

Above the gigantic mouth is an eye as big as a shield that stares at you with pure hate
yeah, from what i've read it's only at the very, very high end maxed out you'd want to replace IH, because until then he's so much tankier than anyone else (combined with the utility his abilities bring)

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
On a semi-related note, it feels like Cloud Walker's AI got nerfed in the last couple of days - I haven't seen him quickly spawn an illusion in my backline in quite a few fights, whereas he used to do that poo poo almost every time as soon as the fight began. Anyone else notice that?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Just got to 51,which means purples. I decided to do War Chief first I am very impressed with him being able to resurrect. :getin:

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Has there been anyone word on when server migration is going to happen?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Not specifically no (that I've seen). It was available for a short while and had an extremely bad bug in it that they need to fix. People who transferred to older (?) servers got millions of grand arena coins.

Also Ember Blade, you're my favorite buddy. I've had two successful arena defenses against people 10 levels above me tonight. The way his ultimate resets the cooldown on his teleport strike, combined with his and War Chief's lifeleech is fantastic. gently caress you back line, can't hide from my crazy panda sword dude.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Mar 3, 2015

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Niton posted:

On a semi-related note, it feels like Cloud Walker's AI got nerfed in the last couple of days - I haven't seen him quickly spawn an illusion in my backline in quite a few fights, whereas he used to do that poo poo almost every time as soon as the fight began. Anyone else notice that?

Yeah I have, not sure what's going on, but I already deploy team AOE magic to deal with him now.

Of course if Fallen Dominion is there as well I'm poo poo out of luck.

Ember Blade isn't nearly as amazing in the 70s at purple+1 but I have him on my poo poo team in Grand Arena and he single-handedly won me a couple of matches I had no right to win. Even when I inevitably lose the match he sometimes deals like 90k damage.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Endgame kill teams.

Arcane sapper
Fallen dominion
Cloudwalker
Vengeful Spirit
1 Support, Commando/Mystic

I have all but Cloudwalker :getin:

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Does the Succubus fall off at higher lvls? Right now at 40-50 she tears me up.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Good burst mage, useful for both the Robot and Kha'zix outlands, and decent for a mystic team. At 62 she's on my B team for Grand Arena and I sub her in for Crusade occasionally to ult a wave.

Usefulness is hampered by not having any crowd control.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
By the way, hang onto your Staff of Wizardry pieces. At around level 80, there is an item that requires about 40 pieces to make it from scratch, and multiple characters need it.

It is one of those "level" items, where two lvl 1 --> lvl 2; two lvl 2 --> lvl 3; and two lvl 3 --> lvl 4.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

DontMindMe posted:

By the way, hang onto your Staff of Wizardry pieces. At around level 80, there is an item that requires about 40 pieces to make it from scratch, and multiple characters need it.

It is one of those "level" items, where two lvl 1 --> lvl 2; two lvl 2 --> lvl 3; and two lvl 3 --> lvl 4.

Whoops, wish I had known that earlier, I've been using them as enchant mats since I had so many. At least they have a good drop rate in general and drop from one of the trials.

Hit the hero jackpot yesterday. Bought 10x gem chest, got Iron Hoof, Wandering Spear (I think that's his name), 30 Death Knight pieces, and a couple pieces for Shadowleaf. Also got Old Curse to 3* and unlocked Cloud Walker from the Grand Arena shop. So many heroes, so little XP...

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Nice haul! Most I've ever got from a gem pull was deathgore and random shards for trash heroes.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Arena wise she stops being good at lv50, until you can get her to lv90+ for her Legendary skill then she becomes Top tier again.

Heard the Chinese server got her Legend skill it is a passive charm on all male heroes reducing their damage by 15.3%

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

EzEight posted:

Arena wise she stops being good at lv50, until you can get her to lv90+ for her Legendary skill then she becomes Top tier again.

Heard the Chinese server got her Legend skill it is a passive charm on all male heroes reducing their damage by 15.3%

That sounds crazy good. This game really hates males.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I did okay on a 10x gem today, too. Got a Shadow Shaman, an Imperial Executioner, and Soulhunter. Plus 3 Succubus shards and 7 Cleric shards. Not to mention the 20 Lightning Elemental shards from throwing in 5 bucks. I'll probably do another 5 tomorrow for the Succubus pieces.

Are any of those new ones any good? I also finished my Shadow Shaman today.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

So I found this list of heroes that are good for each Outland portal, is there any better list/strategies anywhere? So far it seems I just don't have the right heroes up to beat Lord of Caves or Phoenix really. Seems like Outland and Grand Arena really want you to have lots of heroes leveled up... which isn't bad really. Gives you a good long term goal and lets you see lots of different heroes as you switch it up to specialize for each area.

Also what happens to hero pieces when you 5* a hero? Are they removed from the chest summon pool, auto convert to gold, or just pile up and have to be manually sold or?

And I had no idea there was some special VIP11+ store which is what Magic Stones are. The dude this month is Lucas the Death Bringer who can eat summoned copies/pets, I actually saw one in the wild. I'm happy to grab the monthly diamond thing (120 diamonds/day/month for $3 is a good deal), but 11 is going to cost you like $500+ easy. That's not as bad as those guys at VIP13 in Pocket Knights or whatever, but still pretty hilarious.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Mar 4, 2015

Basilisk
Jul 10, 2004

Pirates have it all – cool hats, swords, and hooks for hands.

DemonMage posted:

Also what happens to hero pieces when you 5* a hero? Are they removed from the chest summon pool, auto convert to gold, or just pile up and have to be manually sold or?
Here's what I've heard, though I haven't done it in practice: Once you have spare SS for a 5* hero, there's a chance after a battle for the Martial Merchant to appear. You can redeem the extra soul stones for his chests, which have a chance of containing Swordmaster soulstones.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Oh that makes a lot of sense given the patch notes I saw them posting recently. That's cool. Gonna max Commando tomorrow and move on to... Rifleman I guess. Not really digging Phoenix even though that ultimate is pretty ridiculous when you can't interrupt it.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

That sounds crazy good. This game really hates males.

literally misandry

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

DemonMage posted:

Oh that makes a lot of sense given the patch notes I saw them posting recently. That's cool. Gonna max Commando tomorrow and move on to... Rifleman I guess. Not really digging Phoenix even though that ultimate is pretty ridiculous when you can't interrupt it.

I think Phoenix suffers a lot from War Chief being the best tank - there's a brief period of time in between his lives where enemy melee can advance a little bit more forward and get right in his face with crowd control, and he really needs uninterrupted uptime to be a strong DPS.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
He's still a monster on a magic-heavy team so I'm probably going to maintain him with Old Curse and Death Mage.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
I think phoenix is best with a 2 tank setup(I usually use warchief + ironhoof/deathgore/tauren dude).

Since I've 4 starred him (11 away from 5 start now) I've never not cleared crusade by charging him up early, and then using him for the last 2-3 stages, typically when I get the teams higher level than me.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
It is kind of twisted walking out of a crusade mission with more health on your tank because of life steal.

I wonder if this month's panda will be any good. Any news on it yet?

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Echophonic posted:

It is kind of twisted walking out of a crusade mission with more health on your tank because of life steal.

I wonder if this month's panda will be any good. Any news on it yet?

Im curious too. I wish there was better news on these things.

sedaps
Jan 29, 2004
What's a good mid line DPS I can try to get around 50? I'm currently running Savage One/Phoenix/Imperial Executioner/Commando/Shadowleaf, which is pretty good in most PvE stuff, but looking for something to replace phoenix as in Arena it's almost never have enough health for a significant ultimate.

Heroes I have in back up is

DK (tank in crusade)
Brute
War Chief (will switch to main tank once I can go purple)
Mystic (leveled up, feels like some synergy with this and phoenix/imperial executioner, maybe focus on magic team?)
Shadow Shaman (doesn't feel better than Chaplain, regret leveling him up, does he get better?)
Tusked Storm (the ultimate feels very underwhelming, is it because I don't have much auto attacking dps heroes?)
Maciniest
Rifleman
Shallows Keeper
Arcane Sapper
all the starter guys

Since I have been able to 15/15 crusade everytime with DK, I have been eyeing either Pilot or Frost Mage that can be bought with crusade points. What's everyone's opinion on those guys?

sedaps fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Mar 5, 2015

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
Both are pretty good, Pilot is one of the only physical spell casters and most of his stuff targets the squishy back line while Frost Mage is a really solid support/damage in a magic comp.

I'm currently around 70 and still use Phoenix in Arena since unless he gets hit by a lucky disable he's still topping my damage charts. His purple skill is actually pretty strong since he's a magic damage autoattacker when using it and he can do a lot of work to typical frontlines, especially when combined with Commando.

koolkal fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Mar 5, 2015

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Crusade has been getting a bit harder as I get higher level/arena rank, but someone in the guild has a level 40 Death Knight so that + my Death Mage completely crushed it today. Getting Cleric was such a big step up from Admiral, looking forward to War Chief.

Currently running Cleric/Wind Master/Shadowleaf/Commando/Death Mage.

I have Ember Blade but he does not feel that strong, I am guessing his purple skill changes that?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

He's solid without his purple skill due to magic immunity shield and his ultimate lets him get behind enemy lines.
His purple skill makes him immune while he goes around doing substantial damage to everyone and it's used just after his magic immunity shield. The great thing about it is that he also uses it when his ultimate goes off, so he lands (usually in the back of the enemy team) and then does his massive damage teleport attack, leeching back some life, and getting a chunk of energy towards using his ultimate again which starts the cycle over.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

DemonMage posted:

He's solid without his purple skill due to magic immunity shield and his ultimate lets him get behind enemy lines.
His purple skill makes him immune while he goes around doing substantial damage to everyone and it's used just after his magic immunity shield. The great thing about it is that he also uses it when his ultimate goes off, so he lands (usually in the back of the enemy team) and then does his massive damage teleport attack, leeching back some life, and getting a chunk of energy towards using his ultimate again which starts the cycle over.

This. I'm through chapter 7 and i don't have a typical tank yet. I've used ember blade and if they aren't 100% physical I eat them to pieces. Commando is a strop counter as well because she stuns him before the shield.

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010
:siren: Patch 1.8 is out, restart the app! :siren:

quote:

New Heroes:
Lightning Spirit (Mar Signin Hero): Back line Mage, who can instantly shuttle back and forth in the battle field and damage the weak targets.
Ancient Protector (Mar Magic Stone Hero): Front line supporting Hero, who possesses crowd-control, regeneration and DPS skills.
Death Bringer (Mar Magic Stone Hero): Front line Tank, who can swallow down an enemy illusion to make himself more powerful. His ultimate skill disables a hero from casting any skills!

New Features:
Ancient Temple: This feature will be unlocked randomly during battles. You will need to invite your fellow guildmates to help complete it and get awesome awards of hero gear and other items.
Crusade: Added a Hard Mode in Crusade. Leaders will get double rewards under this mode.
Soul Shop: Replaced the Martial Merchant with Soul Shop. Your extra soul stones will be used to redeem Soul Coins in exchange of Swordsmaster and hero gear.
Legendary Quests: The second batch of Legendary heroes will be Savage One, Depths Voice, Mystic, Lightning Elemental and Emberstar.

Others:
Added a group mail function for guild leaders to mail all members.

Malachamavet
Jan 12, 2009

Above the gigantic mouth is an eye as big as a shield that stares at you with pure hate
1.8 broke my ability to see whispers sent to me

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

Just finished a crusade tonight and got a free full death mage and a free full Depth's voice, both in the final chest.

Since I didn't have either of those before, I have to call it a pretty drat good crusade.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Nice work!

Needed one phoenix stone after my crusade today, and as luck would have it there was one in the store when it reset! Woo 5 star phoenix hooo! Probably going to work on my rifleman now.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Did hard mode and the amount of Dragon stones you get is pretty sweet.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

EzEight posted:

Did hard mode and the amount of Dragon stones you get is pretty sweet.

I rented a Death Knight for the first time today, and man that guy is OP. Looks like I'll be doing hard mode with him everyday.

And ya the dragonstones are very nice. I bought one of each character I wanted today. Also got 36 shards for Psychic sword. Not that I need her, but that is a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Someone should keep a Death Knight or Mage around 57 =-( Only one I can rent lately is a 46 Death Knight, which doesn't quite cut it. Been able to use the Cloud Walker that's been up to decent effect though. Don't think that would fly in hard, couldn't try hard since I did crusade too early yesterday and didn't have credit for finishing Normal.

[Edit] Also for those who don't know, Ancient temples have a chance of giving purple recipes (at least) for the person who summoned it. You can invite up to 5 guild mates who all get one shot (plus your one shot) at clearing a single wing of the temple. Clear all 3 to get loot for yourself. You have 8 hours and the invites list is ordered based on last logged on time. The invites are sent to your whisper tab, so make sure you check that when you log on. Someone might have invited you to help clear a temple. Temples stay up for 8 hours.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Mar 6, 2015

• Locked thread