Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

All of the spoilers above are fake jsyk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Grouchio posted:

All of the spoilers above are fake jsyk.

Revealing that Dick Spacious' spoilers are fake is a spoiler.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
loving poo poo Dick you ruined it, I asked for a parade of dumbasses.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

YF-23 posted:

Revealing that Dick Spacious' spoilers are fake is a spoiler.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Mikado is tolerable because of how blindingly obvious it is that his "normal Japanese teen" face is at least partly an act and that poo poo is gonna go down with him in the future, masaomi is still the far worse character

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Zettace posted:

But Chinese New Year was on Wednesday and the episode airs on Sunday so...

That's the "Top Gear" production schedule LOL.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
This was a fun episode. Can't wait to see how things will wrap up.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Nooooooo stay the gently caress away in the boonies or whatever Masaomi, the last thing this arc needs is for you to show back up conveniently at the end.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

Nooooooo stay the gently caress away in the boonies or whatever Masaomi, the last thing this arc needs is for you to show back up conveniently at the end.

But he'd be even more of a worthless character if he continued to wallow in self-pity and not even try to do anything at all.

Also, Shizuo looks pissed. Next episode is going to be good. :allears:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nate RFB posted:

lol conveniently :v:

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I'm really enjoying the progressive clusterfuck that's been going on these last few episodes. Everything's been ramping up perfectly.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
What game involves repeating "Kabaddi kabaddi"?

So does Mikado not know Anri has a magic sword?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

He does now

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Raenir Salazar posted:

Probably. maybe not that it's magic though.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Raenir Salazar posted:

What game involves repeating "Kabaddi kabaddi"?

It appears to be called kabaddi.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Is is time yet for Mikado to do something other than stand around looking confused saying "eh?!" repeatedly? 'Cause that's getting old.

Luckily nothing else about this show is.

Dammit, getting the poo poo kicked out of him doesn't count!

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I'm guessing Kabaddi isn't a normal sport in Japan? I'm a little familiar with it since I have an Indian background, but I've never seen it mentioned outside India.

Dangerous Person posted:

I'm really enjoying the progressive clusterfuck that's been going on these last few episodes. Everything's been ramping up perfectly.

I keep thinking it can't get any more absurd, and then it does.

Shizuo showing up with Varona's bike on his shoulder killed me.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I'm hoping that all the poo poo that's going on all at once just causes mikado to snap

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

the wildest rear end posted:

I'm hoping that all the poo poo that's going on all at once just causes mikado to snap

From the next episode preview it looks like he'll take up Aoba on his offer, probably because he wants to be more involved but can't do so because the Dollars are basically 4chan and it doesn't matter what animeMoot has to say about it.

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

ViggyNash posted:

I'm guessing Kabaddi isn't a normal sport in Japan? I'm a little familiar with it since I have an Indian background, but I've never seen it mentioned outside India.

I've seen a couple other shows that reference it as something students do in PE classes, so ~my anime knowledge~ would imply it is.

Or at the very least it's more popular there than in the US, where I have never heard of it.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Daedalus1134 posted:

I've seen a couple other shows that reference it as something students do in PE classes, so ~my anime knowledge~ would imply it is.

Or at the very least it's more popular there than in the US, where I have never heard of it.

Are you thinking of this one example?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Daedalus1134 posted:

I'm pretty sure it's non-existent in the US.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
It's an event in the Asian Games so it makes sense that it would have some awareness in Japan.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

hype as h*ck for the next episode

lol

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

hype as h*ck for the next episode

lol
What is that a reference to anyways?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Grouchio posted:

What is that a reference to anyways?

Angel Beats, that show people like if they haven't watched good anime

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Angel Beats is alright, but it certainly doesn't deserve to be referenced five years after it came out.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
The visual novel for it is actually coming out in two months.

Anyways, I'm only familiar with the Gurren Lagann version of that credits scroll though there's a bunch of variations around.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

AnacondaHL posted:

Angel Beats, that show people like if they haven't watched good anime

I was young and a bit high off the goodwill the director acquired with me through that "My Bride is a Mermaid" show! :(

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Haha Angel Beats was the first anime I watched when I started following new seasonal releases. It's been a long time, and a lot of much better shows. Like this one, and how much I'm looking forward to Shizuo next episode :allears:

Reiche fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Mar 24, 2015

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Wark Say posted:

I was young and a bit high off the goodwill the director acquired with me through that "My Bride is a Mermaid" show! :(

It's alright, forums friend. Recognition is the first step towards anime enlightenment.

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen
I still like Angel Beats, and I also like Durarara. Both of them are very good at being silly :)

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Outer Science posted:

I still like Angel Beats, and I also like Durarara. Both of them are very good at being silly :)

True statement, and that scroll is really neat.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

god drat mikado

also the rest of the episode

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I'm not quite sure what the deal with the various groups are, but I'm glad to see Mikado is hardcore now. And its always fun to see people get owned after messing with Shizuo.

Well, now to wait for July

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

BANZAI~

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
This was a much better conclusion to a season than the other Saturday anime I've been watching. Mikado gettin' x-treme, Shizuo kickin' cars, Russian guy gettin' kneecapped, Izaya finally gettin' what he was owed. As always, a lot of fun to watch. Looking forward to summer.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Looking forward to summer.

That's it? I'll probably be on edge from now until then, that's how hyped I am for it.

Izaya finally being on the receiving end of his own antics has me super excited. I'm imagining that the rest of the cast will essentially become chess pieces in the game between Izaya and Yodogiri.

On another note, Mikado developing a split personality and signing up with the blue squares is really promising as a catalyst for chaos.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
So he factions that were at play here...

Akane's father planned to have those three killed anyway because of various reasons, and figured he might as well use it as leverage in his negotiations with a rival group. To this end he hired Sloan/Varona through those two big shots (the guy with the cane/scars and the other guy with the scars). Shizuo showing up was unexpected and someone else's machinations. And Akane getting kidnapped was also obviously not part of this plan. Varona was spared because the yakuza were approached by Egor who promised them they'd give the group preferential treatment in buying guns as payment.

The kidnapping and basically everything Varona/Sloan did for shits and giggles was because of Yadogiri Jinnai, whose plan we don't know yet. He is also somehow involved with Ruri, I think? Presumably he's the actual one who roped in Shizuo. I guess I'm still not clear on whose plan that was if it wasn't Izaya's. Actually not sure what Izaya was really doing this arc at all besides getting the gently caress out of dodge early.

No real confusion with the gang war at least, I think that was pretty clear cut by the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
No Mikado no if you actually want to be relevant you need to be magic or a yakuza. You should have noticed by now street gangs are just fodder.

• Locked thread