Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

The Dirty Burger posted:

I wonder if he just thought "it's carey price, there's no rebound there" and blew it as soon as the puck hit him

That is probably exactly what he thought. The way Price holding his glove (because he has no idea where the puck is), and the position of the ref just makes it an easy call.
Also, they want to blow play off quickly because there's a loving scrum every single time.

Having said that, Price looks beatable tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

bunnyofdoom posted:

Is this what it is like to be a habs fan?

what's your despair level like

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

yeah it's a tough call but harping on it for over 5 minutes instead of, y'know, calling the loving action seems pretty dumb

E: oh my god they're still on it

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Jordan7hm posted:

It happens every once in a while.

That was an incredibly quick whistle though, especially if you can't actually see the play.

:agreed: very lovely for the sens, but i chalk that up more to unfortunate/bad luck than totally incompetent reffing

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

VJeff posted:

Is there any chance the Habs player held up when he heard the whistle and that's why he was able to knock it in?

Maybe? Hard to speculate what would have happened with no whistle. Carey wasn't looking around for the puck, either - was it because he thought he had it, or because he heard a whistle?

Ultimately it doesn't matter but if I was a Sens fan that play would sting.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That is a nothing slash go die in a fire Healy.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Yeah blame Ottawa for the quick whistle.

gently caress you Healy

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

We're blowing quick whistles to protect Hart Trophy Winner Carey Price from slashes by mere Senator players.

:allears:

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Chip da puck off da glass and dump da puck in deep. Habs gonna win the Cup with nothing but 1-0 and 2-1 wins in triple OT.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ahahaha ok I somehow hadn't realized that was Healy. This explains a lot more.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Godinster posted:

Yeah blame Ottawa for the quick whistle.

gently caress you Healy

Do I even want to know how that argument worked?

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Jordan7hm posted:

Yes and that's why its not reviewable.

Except for that time this season when the Canucks scored after a whistle and the no goal call on the ice was overturned on review

I still don't understand how that happened and there was never an explanation :tinfoil:

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.
I mean I am of the opinion that he's going to win them, but I wish Healy would stop calling Carey the Hart and Vezina trophy winner.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Just put the stream on for this game and what a difference in energy compared to last night.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
ahahahaha Healy is such a putz.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

CDX posted:

I wish Healy would stop

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

evenworse username posted:

Maybe? Hard to speculate what would have happened with no whistle. Carey wasn't looking around for the puck, either - was it because he thought he had it, or because he heard a whistle?

Ultimately it doesn't matter but if I was a Sens fan that play would sting.

As a Habs fan, I'm assuming the correct feeling is "TRICHER POUR GAGNER, KISS THE loving RINGS BITCHES".

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.

evenworse username posted:

Do I even want to know how that argument worked?

Healy said the whistle was quick because Carey got "slashed" earlier. He didn't, he may have gotten a little tap from an Ottawa player after catching a puck.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Schlesische posted:

As a Habs fan, I'm assuming the correct feeling is "TRICHER POUR GAGNER, KISS THE loving RINGS BITCHES".

:agreed:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

wait, wasn't icing the call? WHy'd they go to a commercial?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The reason it was a quick whistle is because Chris Lee isn't good at his job.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Jordan7hm posted:

The reason it was a quick whistle is because Chris Lee isn't good at his job.

Kerry Fraser has already leapt to his defense on Twitter though

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

"You don't want to sit on a 1 goal lead all the way through"

But they're gonna do it anyway!

Kale
May 14, 2010

Wonder what it feels like being Price and realizing you're probably going to need a shutout performance to get the win.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Kale posted:

Wonder what it feels like being Price and realizing you're probably going to need a shutout performance to get the win.

Probably it has at least the comfort of familiarity, at this point.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kale posted:

Normal, I'd expect.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
This CBC commentary is just loving insufferable. No replay on the high sticked Gallagher goal the entire game but why bother?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kale posted:

Pretty rote at this point I gotta imagine.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Blowing a to because emelin is tired wooooo

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
All of canada picked this guy, you know.

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Xtanstic posted:

Blowing a to because emelin is tired wooooo

Yeah we wouldn't want Emelin to get too tired and start loving up

more

if that's even possible

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
woo, a shot

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Ottawa hasn't been shut out this season. This will of course be the game it happens.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Godinster posted:

This CBC commentary is just loving insufferable

it really is, jesus

I never understood canada's hate for Healy since I never had the opportunity to hear him.

I totally get it now :stare:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Shot #2!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

GeneX posted:

All of canada picked this guy, you know.

What, you didn't get your ballot?

Zybl0re
Aug 10, 2002

I'M TOO OLD FOR THIS SHIT!
A shot. :toot:

Kale
May 14, 2010

DJExile posted:

it really is, jesus

I never understood canada's hate for Healy since I never had the opportunity to hear him.

Healy is probably the most insufferable color commentator I've ever heard. I'd honestly rather listen to Edwards and Brickley. Guy fucks up peoples names constantly and loves to talk but never has any idea what it's about. Imagine a younger Don Cherry without the senility to use an excuse.

Incidentally Montreal looks like the most pathetic divisional #1 seed right now. Offense? What is that? :iiam:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

DJExile posted:

it really is, jesus

He unites us in hate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This epic battle seems a bit one sided.

• Locked thread